New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heroes IC

1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Heroes IC

Indeed, but if what we've heard is true, it seems unlikely the threat is centered here. Siona looks around the group. Here is what I propose. Tonight, if any of us have protections against the weather, we see what we can do to find Benvolic and make sure he's all right. Tomorrow we check in at an information office and see if we can learn anything. If no new information comes up, we head to this mysterious forest in Sorell - Vildur, if you can teleport us or conjure fast mounts, that would make the journey quicker - and begin investigating the disappearances there. She taps her fingers on the table. Do any of you know anything about the forest in question?

Spoiler
    Show
    Does Siona know any of the stories about this magical forest? Not sure what the relevant check would be... Knowledge History, Local, Geography or Arcana seems the most likely. If History, Geography or Local, add +7 to the following roll; if Arcana, add +15.
    Knowledge check (1d20)[7].
    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    I must not argue on the Internet.
    Internet argument is the mind-killer.
    It is the little death that brings total aggravation.
    I will face my annoyance.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    When it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path.
    Where the irritation has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

Still standing in the open doorway she realises she's letting in the harsh weather and wasting the heat of the fire. Closing and looking down she attempts to reconcile the situation. "I've got a ring of sustenance, I can go with just two hours sleep and the weather shan't affect me much. I'll keep searching and return in ample time to be fully rested for tomorrow. How personal of an object do you need to cast your spell Vildur? I might be able to pick somthing up from his abandoned room."

"Of course I don't want this to hinder us, but if I can I would like to make sure the Father is at least safe.

I'm a child of the city, anything I would have heard about Sorell forest would be inconsequential, but your plan seems sound, can I leave that to you Siona?"
    Awesome avatar by Shades of Gray- check this out.

'Famous I don't know about. It's hard to be famous and alive. I just want to play music every day and hear someone say, 'Thanks, that was great, here's some money, same time tomorrow, okay?'- Terry Pratchett, Soul Music

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Any possession of his will make the scrying spell substantially more effective; if you can find or draw a portrait or likeness of him, that of course will make things even even easier.

"Traveling to Sorell probably is the best course of action. I can teleport us there fairly efficiently, within no more than two discrete legs. We may wish to delay a day or two if we get a good location for the Father, though. We should make sure he is safe and, if necessary, somewhere safer than where he is now."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I agree with this plan of action. Alejandra, I can get by on as little sleep as you can, I'll go with you if you want. The only real advantage I can offer is my speed, given that you are considerably better at finding things, but I'll still do what I can to help he man." Vol then turns to face Vildur. "I think we should get going in the morning, if we can. Provided that we can find Father Benvolic, I think it should be easy for us to at least pay for a temporary residence if he needs it while we investigate the forest."
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Zeren Vaul- Retired
    Mederen Vailis- Retired
    K'thzt Zytrael- Retired- Mind Flayer Madness II
    Saless Morin- Retired- When Swords Crash
    Kekan Edjak- Retired- The Banolin Chronicles
    Vol Kaerstorm- Retired- Kreados
    Hammond Smith- The Game
    RN77-L3- Scum and Villainy

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Noted, I'll see what is there." she says to Vildur and then turns to Vol. "It's really cold out there, I can't stress that enough. If you think you can last it out I'd love to have you with me."

'Famous I don't know about. It's hard to be famous and alive. I just want to play music every day and hear someone say, 'Thanks, that was great, here's some money, same time tomorrow, okay?'- Terry Pratchett, Soul Music

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

Vol grins at Alejandra. "Oh, now you make it seem like a challenge... I guess I'm obligated to go with you now, if just to prove that I can. I am the one who spent a decent chunk of my life living in the forest... If you're really worried about the cold, I can pray to Sain to protect us from it, but that would take a bit of time... That part's up to you."
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Zeren Vaul- Retired
    Mederen Vailis- Retired
    Hammond Smith- The Game

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Go ahead, I'd prefer for you to be safe. If I'm still outside by the time you catch up with me I'll need you to get us in anyway. If we're lucky I've saved us a little time."

Looking a little less disheartened she makes another quick exit, this time she climbs the terrace and takes the path that the roofs makes for her. Upon reaching the house she tries all of the potential entrances she can see.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll give you a gratis roll here, I'll presume for search(+4)/spot(+13) for her trying to find a way in but use it how you please.
    (1d20)[4]
    Last edited by Bushwhacked; 2008-10-27 at 08:14 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Alright Alejandra, good luck. Hopefully I won't be needed, but if I am, see you in an hour." Vol then proceeds to the center of the room and begins his prayer to Sain, hoping for protection from the weather.

Spoiler
    Show
    Preparing spells:
    1st Level:
    Endure Elements
    Divine Sacrifice

2nd Level:
    Resist Energy
    Bull's Strength
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Zeren Vaul- Retired
    Mederen Vailis- Retired
    Hammond Smith- The Game

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

Alejandra manages to find several windows, all of them locked and shut. The only feasible entrances that would be more covert are the chimney, in which even a slim woman like her would barely squeeze through, definitely an unpleasant experience considering the soot and grime, and a broken window that has been boarded up. There are several gaps, but closer inspection shows that the boards are stuck fast, and would have to be broken to enter, and the jagged glass would probably cut you. There is no sign of habitation. Either way, if Benvolic has been evicted, breaking in would be a highly illegal act.

Vol manages to prepare his spells after about 5 minutes.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

Vol arises from his prayer and quickly releases a piece of Sain's blessing before walking outside. "Alejandra? I'm ready. Where are you?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Endure Elements on myself.
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Zeren Vaul- Retired
    Mederen Vailis- Retired
    Hammond Smith- The Game

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

BlackDragon

In the hotel room, Siona looks to Vildur. "I'll stay up and keep watch until the others come back, if you want to get some sleep." She carefully puts her mandolin away and sits down on a chair near the window, wrapping a blanket around herself for warmth.
    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    I must not argue on the Internet.
    Internet argument is the mind-killer.
    It is the little death that brings total aggravation.
    I will face my annoyance.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    When it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path.
    Where the irritation has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

Alejandra hears Vol's voice from the other side of the door. "Please be patient and quiet, I'm inside. I shan't be long." She projects to him. A moment earlier she used her anklet to teleport her inside the building and was now looking for a personal item to Benvolic that might have been left behind in the move.

Picking out the most relevant thing she quickly uses her anklet once more to return to the outside of the building where she greets Vol and shows him what she found. "Do you think this will suffice for Vildur to cast his spell?"

Spoiler
    Show
    used two charges on her anklet to teleport >20" twice using either an unbroken window or the gaps in the boards for line of sight.
    once again a gratis roll for her to find an object
    [roll0]-oops see ooc
    Last edited by Bushwhacked; 2008-10-30 at 07:59 AM.

13. - Top - End - #43

Vildur half-smiles and leans back against the wall. "Thank you. I do need a little rest this night, if my spells will be any good tomorrow."

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

Entering the home, Alejandra finds some books in a language she's not familiar to, clothes, and other household amenities, such as dishes and furniture. The place is filthy, and most of it is in disrepair.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

She would relay roughly what she has found to Vildur presuming its not been to long and he's still awake "-Which would you think would be of the most use?"

16. - Top - End - #46

"Recover the books. If you recognize a piece of clothing, bring that back as well."

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

Alejandra leaves the home, taking soe belongings, and goes on her way. The entire thing was all a moot point in the end, however; as she goes back to the hotel, she finds Father Benvolic lain on top of a cart of other dead bodies succumbed to the cold; having no place to go, he must have frozen to death.

Back at the hotel, there is a slamming and scuffle from the 1st floor, and yelling. It goes on for several minutes.

18. - Top - End - #48

Vildur's eyes narrow at the commotion downstairs, and he instinctively checks his spell components pouch for critical ingredients in the case of combat. "We might have unfriendly company, Siona. That doesn't sound like the average bar fight." Reaching out to the returning companions, he sends a quick mental warning: "Unknown commotion downstairs. Be careful coming back here."

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

Upon finding the body of Father Benvolic, Vol bowed his head in respect and said a small prayer to Sain before heading back to the hotel. Almost the moment he set down to sleep, he heard the commotion coming from downstairs, doublechecked that he was in his normal form, and rushed downstairs, claws at the ready.
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Zeren Vaul- Retired
    Mederen Vailis- Retired
    Hammond Smith- The Game