New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Fantasy Wargame!

The Unchanging Fabricator was distracted, if such a thing was possible, when the forces of the Immaculate March engaged the Druchii warriors on Everlong Bridge. With the help of the Gryphonai priests, nearly everything in the vaults of the Isle of the Gods had been indexed, if not understood. While the Perfected Swarmengines fell for the first time to the brilliant tactical mind of Tallis the Druchii commander, Valle Thorn was gazing over several ancient tomes bound in the skins of various enslaved races... the holy texts of Khaine. When he received word of the hairline victory at the bridge he ordered the few remaining golden cubes to advance, not allowing them time to refill their ranks. To his left and right lay the writings of Lightseeker, the first priest of the Gryphonai, and the code of the White Seekers first handed down to them from heaven long before they brought their devotion beyond the grave. Even the Pillsbury were represented by a small collection of pop-up books and various recipes that called for large measures of "sunshine" and "happiness". In the south the war with these simple creatures waged on, though he saw no command for them to do so in their holy texts, only long forays on the logistics of nearly full time frolicking. As the Swarmengines attacked Alesia with the annihilating energies of the Factorium directly, a maneuver that left them stationary and open to reprisal from the heavy ranged attacks of the entrenched ballistae defending the Druchii base, The Unchanging Fabricator was distracted. In all the vaults and all the records of the Isle of the Gods, no mention of Lord Mechinus the Ultimate Expression of Gears in Motion existed. All the gods, great and small, were recorded in the tomes of the Isle of the Gods except Lord Mechinus. It was as if He did not exist. This was impossible, for Valle Thorn received Prayer-Signals from the Most Perfected Lord nearly every day, and the Thought-Records were full of the other Gold Caste masters receiving and acting on the same Signals.

"This doesn't make sense. Last has spent many months with the Gryphonai priests, and his memories are rife with their interpretations of their gods' actions. They operate by mysticism and signs and their history is deep in this place. I and those before me have a direct connection with the will of Our Lord, a testable communicative link with the Creator of the Factorium Eternia and we have no mention." Valle Thorn's gaze turned slowly to the edifice at the center of the Isle, the only place left that the Bronzebound had not seen. "That must be the answer. My information must lie there... I will have to adjust the Factorium here and move the Primus energies from Akbar. The Great Work shall have to be halted, and all resources invested in defending this place. The Isle of the Gods must remain in the possession of the Bronzebound until my answers are attained.

From the view of the Tower a tendril of copper began creeping from the Isle to Akbar, the tiny copper Constructors forming a chain miles long that would soon transfer the energy needed to enact The Unchanging Fabricator's plan to open the last place on the Isle of the Gods that the Immaculate March were barred from entering.
    Last edited by Sacrath; 2008-11-06 at 04:54 PM.
    "I'll give you a 10 second head start; if I catch you, I eat you."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Battle of Reekmuir-Annfwyn

Gryphonai and Druchii units engage in battle near the border of the territories!

Spoiler
    Show

Maibd I
    (1d6)[4]
    Maibd II
    (1d6)[1]
    Maibd III
    (1d6)[6]
    Maibd IV
    (1d6)[2]

vs

Oathbound I
    (1d6)[4]
    Chosen I
    (1d6+3)[5]

Tie breaker
    (1d2)[1]

Battle of Lakedaimon

The Immaculate March attacks Lakedaimon!

Spoiler
    Show

Earthclaimers I
    (1d6)[2]
    Swarmengines I
    (1d6+2)[4]
    Swarmengines II
    (1d6+2)[8]

vs

Raging doughboys I
    (1d6+2)[5]
    Raging doughboys II
    (1d6+2)[5]

Tie breaker
    (1d2)[1]

Battle of Everlong Bridge

600 Maibd and hundreds of living machines meet and do battle on the bridge!

Spoiler
    Show

Maibd I
    (1d6)[3]
    Maibd II
    (1d6)[2]
    Maibd III
    (1d6)[1]
    Maibd IV
    (1d6)[3]
    Maibd V
    (1d6)[3]
    Maibd VI
    (1d6)[3]

vs

Earthclaimers I
    (1d6)[3]
    Earthclaimers II
    (1d6)[3]
    Swarmengines I
    (1d6+2)[5]
    Swarmengines II
    (1d6+2)[3]
    Swarmengines III
    (1d6+2)[7]
    Swarmengines IV
    (1d6+2)[7]

Tie breaker
    (1d2)[2]

Battle of Devakali

The goblins attack Devakali!

Spoiler
    Show

Goblin assassins
    (1d6+3)[8]

vs

Earthclaimers I
    (1d6)[6]
    Earthclaimers II
    (1d6)[2]
    Swarmengines I
    (1d6+2)[3]

Tie breaker
    (1d2)[2]

Battle of Gongmol

The White Seekers attack Gongmol!

Spoiler
    Show

Wight Knights I
    (1d6)[5]
    Wight Knights II
    (1d6)[3]
    Wight Paladins I
    (1d6+3)[4]
    Wight Paladins II
    (1d6+3)[8]

vs

Goblin assassins
    (1d6+3)[5]

OOC: Some fluff and more battles coming up (after I get some shut-eye)!
    Last edited by Kensen; 2008-11-22 at 04:27 AM.

3. - Top - End - #63

Battle of Reekmuir

The Druchii attack Reekmuir!

Spoiler
    Show

Maibd
    (1d6)[5]

vs

Oathbound
    (1d6)[2]
    Chosen
    (1d6+3)[5]

Tie breaker
    (1d2)[1]

Battle of Annfwyn

The Gryphonai attack Annfwyn!

Spoiler
    Show

Elven militia I
    (1d6)[4]
    Elven militia II
    (1d6)[3]
    Chosen
    (1d6+3)[8]

vs

Maibd I
    (1d6)[3]
    Maibd II
    (1d6)[6]

Tie breaker
    (1d2)[1]

Alesia

The Immaculate March units encounter no enemy units in Alesia. Alesia is conquered by the Immaculate March.
    Last edited by Kensen; 2008-11-22 at 05:38 AM.

4. - Top - End - #64

Round 5 ends! Posting your income/upkeep reports soon. Map updated, see my sig.

5. - Top - End - #65

Round 6 begins! (and ends on Tuesday, 11:59 PM EST)

Sorry about the lack of fluff this round, I'll try to write more soon!

6. - Top - End - #66

"It's over soon", Aldebaraan muttered as he handed his diaries and log books over to Neffin. "Keep them safe" he said, and the gnome nodded.

The elf chuckled. The gnome raised a brow at that, for he had never seen the elf smile or laugh during the six years he had spent in the tower.

"I just realized why they call you Neffin. Because you never ---"

The tower shook violently and Aldebaraan fell over, hitting his head on a table. Blood trickled down his nose and his limbs felt numb. "Go, Neffin, GO! NOW!" With a shocked look on his face, the gnome nodded once more and activated his magical brooch. The gnome seemed to vanish into thin air.

The tower shook again. Aldebaraan knew the magical energy field would not last much longer. He knew he could cast protective spells that would keep him and the tower safe for another hour or two. But to what end? The elf just smiled and allowed the numbness to spread all over his body. He was not afraid.

The energy field collapsed and the tower started crumbling under its own weight. Unbeknownst to Valle Thorn the same energy that had prevented him from entering had also held the tower together. The ancient tower came tumbling down, crushing many living machines under it.

Buried in the rubble, they found the elf who was still alive, though only just. His bones were shattered and he was dying. He drew his last breath and felt great relief. "Freedom..."

The Immaculate March also found more ancient tomes and artifacts inside, but only one of the designs was of particular interest to Valle Thorn. In a crate, they found a manual with detailed how-to instructions for assembling, commissioning, maintenance and disposal of an automaton. Inside the crate there were also spare parts for such an automaton, which Valle Thorn soon realized to be identical to his own parts.
    Last edited by Kensen; 2008-11-26 at 09:15 AM.

7. - Top - End - #67

Battle of Sheba

Spoiler
    Show

Earthclaimers I-VI
    (1d6)[6]
    (1d6)[4]
    (1d6)[2]
    (1d6)[1]
    (1d6)[4]
    (1d6)[4]

vs

Raging Pop'n'Fresh
    (1d6+2)[7]

Tie breaker
    (1d2)[1]

Battle of Gladius

Spoiler
    Show

Earthclaimers I-VII
    (1d6)[5]
    (1d6)[4]
    (1d6)[3]
    (1d6)[6]
    (1d6)[4]
    (1d6)[1]
    (1d6)[3]
    Swarmengines
    (1d6+2)[5]

vs

Raging Pop'n'Fresh
    (1d6+2)[7]

Tie breaker
    (1d2)[2]

Battle of Nahuatl

Spoiler
    Show

Earthclaimers I-III
    (1d6)[6]
    (1d6)[6]
    (1d6)[4]

vs

Maibd
    (1d6)[3]

Tie breaker
    (1d2)[1]

Round 6 ends! Map updated!
    Last edited by Kensen; 2008-11-26 at 09:17 AM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

Crystalwing's talons were drenched in Druchii blood, but it wasn't enough. It was never enough. The inhuman creatures had ripped off his wing in their torture chambers - only blood could pay for blood. The sharpened edge of his wing of living crystal was slick with their dark lifeblood. But the Druchii were all dead, and Lord Kerrar-Tain had declared victory in Annfwyn. Already, warriors were readying an assault upon Nahuatl to break the last Druchii presence in these lands.

Llyan stood in the ruins of the tower that had once contained their undead ally in these lands. A flash of gold; he held an amulet. Llyan stood silent for several moments, before digging a hole with his talons. He dropped the amulet within the hole and covered it up. "Sleep well, lord of the Annfwyn."

Sarend was barking orders - Lord Kerrar-Tain had left for the Isle of Gods with Last and a small order of Chosen.

Crystalwing knew he should feel happy that the war was over, but too much of his soul reveled in Sharr's slaughter now. He swore instead to himself that if the Druchii ever came back, he would kill them all. All of them.

---

The loremaster Tkan had seen for himself the book of lore, the parts for Valle Thorn. That night, he came unto Valle Thorn.
    "Lord Valle Thorn, I wish to speak to you about what we found - I wish to reassure you tonight that whatever your birth may have been, you are your own."
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Blood. Even from here, he swore he could smell it. The machines were unstoppable... there was no hope. He personally had failed to best them... and there was nothing more that could be done.

Tallis looked over the horizon from the cliffs of the Formosa coast. Already the ark was being loaded, as his people prepared to make their withdrawal from the island. Seraf stood by his side, holding her child to her chest tightly, eyes cast out towards the rising sun. It stained the earth red everywhere it touched. Appropriate, considering how many had perished on this wayward isle.

Tallis...? She finally spoke to him, a delicate hand resting on his arm.

If we return... we will be chided for failure, and executed. He said grimly, his voice ice cold.

You are their greatest warrior. Surely they will see they can not afford to lose you.

That will not matter. Melekith is not tolerant of failure. This task he gave of us is over, and that is all that will matter to him.

So we are done... then? She asked quietly, frightened of the finality in his voice.

No, love. I will not lie down and die for anyone... even the Witch King himself. Anger burned in his voice as he spoke, It was the Maibd who failed us... not myself. I refuse to die for this. If Melekith wishes us dead... he will need to come for us personally.

She looked at him in shock at just what he was suggesting. Pale eyes a light with worry... and hope.

Then... to where do we go?

To a new land. We will claim it, and make it our own. Not a soul on that Ark would dare to disobey me... and I will kill all those who think to try. The rest, we use to claim our own kingdom. We serve Naggaroth no more.

The child in Seraf's arms cooed, reaching a pale hand from it's blankets towards it's mother's face. She looked to him, letting the infant take her finger in his tiny hand.

And... what is done of this place? She asked, after a long pause.

The birdkin have sold their souls to the machines. Now let them lie with them. I have no further interest here. He said with a sneer, We will take what slaves we still have, and go... before their armies reach us here. Once there is no one left to face, I doubt it will be long before they have issue with each other.

As you wish, Tallis. She said, Shall we go, then? Amon is growing cold.

Tallis took the infant from his mother, moving towards the ship with purpose as she followed behind closely. The infant seemed happily oblivious to the war... the death... even his father's grim mood.

It seems your empire will not be so easily taken, my son. Tallis told his boy, Perhaps instead, you will need grow strong, and claim one yourself.

------------------------------

Thus did the Druchii who remained withdraw from this land... Leaving the island in the hands of those who had conquered it.... The Immaculate March.
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

Nekkid Kyra avatar by Keris Rain!

10. - Top - End - #70

Spoiler
    Show

Hope you don't mind if I just wrap this up - a little plot hook that'll be my storyline in the next game, if I'm accepted.

Silent, cunning eyes watched from the sparse cover of the meager forested area that remained after the long-dead peasants of Annfwyn had harvested them for timber and cleared them to create more arable land. A slight blur of movement was the only indicator of Rtexz Bonebrain; last of the Darkcraze Assassins. Silently he crept along the forests edge, occasionally leaping into a bush, letting his deep, green goblinoid skin blend him in with the landscape.

Sneaky feets, creepy feets. Tip-toe through the bird things... Where is Txaks nasty words now? "Weak Rtexz. Too puny to be Darkcraze. Why we need stupid Shaman in Darkcraze?" Where is they now? Txaks dead now! Rtexz alive! Rtexz smart! Txaks stupid! Stupid bird things. Stupid Elf things. Stupid 'Chosen One'.

The small figure was revealed for a moment in the light of the afternoon as it darted through a small clearing. Rtexz was small - even for Goblins, he was small. Though he had received much strife about it in his homeland, this is what had been his salvation. The tiny figure was able to escape the carnage of the battleground before it was too late, hiding amongst the shifting wheat as it swayed in the blood-tainted wind. He was a deep green colour, his skin irregular and his face angular, crude. His eyes shone with a degree of cunning intelligence, however.

Sneaky feets... Find out what Bird-thing is doing... Why hide a shiny thing?

As the last of the Gryphonai departed, the tiny Goblin dashed out from his cover, and scrambling, dug at the freshly overturned earth where the Bird-man had stood with dirty, pointed nails.

Dig dig dig dig dig dig dig.

Rtexz was quickly rewarded for his efforts, a flash of gold revealing the shiny thing to be a rather weathered - but extremely valuable looking amulet, engraved with a symbol he had seen earlier on some of the shields of the 'not-alive-but-not-dead-peoples-what-eat-brains'. He turned it over in his hands, admiring his prize.

Ooh, shiny thing. Shiny shiny shiny. You belong to Rtexz now, shiny thing.

Silently, within the old piece of ceremonial jewelry, something stirred. Just as Rtexz bit the amulet to ascertain whether or not it was gold.

^OH GODS NO^

The Goblin had to exercise an extreme effort of will not to swallow the amulet, coughing it out into his palm. He crouched down low, his head turning around, trying to determine the source of the noise. Seeing nothing, he looked closely at the shiny object in his hand.

^Who the Hell's woken me up?^

The Goblin fumbled with the one-time phylactery, exercising an admirable amount of dexterity in not dropping it. Catching it in two hands, he firmly gripped it, peering at it nervously.

^The sealing spell should've held for a thousand years, what kind of Mage could break it so soon? Got to get vision again...^

Rtexz held the amulet at arms length, placing his other hand protectively over his eyes and looking away. He banged the amulet on the ground aggressively.

"Talky shiny thing! Talky shiny thing!"

^Ow! Vision back, yes! Wait... A Goblin? Oh Gods, a Goblin has woken me up? Stop hitting me on the ground you damned green thing!^

Rtexz complied, warily.

"You're mine now, talky shiny thing!"

^What the hell kind of Goblin are you, that you know how to destroy a sealing spell alone, without the proper keyword, when it's at full strength?^

The former Assassin drew himself up to his full height, which remained at about knee level, and so fairly unimpressive.

"Me Rtexz! Rtexz Bonebrain! World smartest Goblin! Rtexz know much thing: Politics, Mathematics... Tea."

^Well, Rtexz, I'm the worlds greatest Necromancer. Please put me back in the ground now! I have to atone, damn it!^

"No! You my shiny thing now!"

Suddenly something in the Goblins mind something clicked - he remembered the Bird-Things talking about Neck-Romancy as something that was done to make the not-alive-but-not-dead-peoples-what-eat-brains. He thought it sounded more like a courtship activity, but in his mind visions were forming of him at the head of an army of the undead - King Rtexz... He liked the sound of that. Gleefully, he clutched the former phylactery, bounding back to the woods and the shelter they offered.

"Hee hee! Shiny thing's going to teach Rtexz all about Neck-Romancy!"

^What? No! Put me down you... you... thing! Put me down I say! Help! Help! I'm being amulet-napped!^

Spoiler
    Show

A line of Rtexz dialogue being an obscure tribute to one of my favourite RPG's growing up. Yay esoteric knowledge!
    Last edited by Rettu Skcollob; 2008-12-01 at 08:07 AM.
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

BEGIN THOUGHT RECORD 5678.2 OF VALLE THORN, UNCHANGING FABRICATOR, BRONZEBOUND, GOLD AND COPPER CASTE, ARCHITECT OF THE LAST GREAT WORK AND LEADER OF THE IMMACULATE MARCH:
    Valle Thorn looked around him, unsure of his action for the first time in his existence. He thought about what he had found in the Isle of the Gods, and the echoing silence that returned as an answer to his prayers now. He thought about all of the Gold Caste before him and how, according to his "discovery", their thought-records were merely fabricated memories for him to rely on in an attempt by the creator of the Isle to free himself from his eternal servitude. All around him the remaining Iron Caste of the Immaculate March waited for additional commands that would never come, cursed to remain true to their duty until they rusted away. In truth the Unchanging Fabricator was no less trapped. Copper and Gold. Create and Command. Yet he deserved neither. Last had forsaken his role as Master Castedom and become a full Tin Servant, pledging his existence to remake what the war had destroyed. Valle Thorn was not so lucky, for what would be left of him without Copper or Gold? Just his Thought-Records, eternally echoing in the tainted memories of the remaining Immaculate March. Just the tales told about him in the centuries to come, by the Gryphoni Priests and Loremasters. "It is not so bad, to be remembered this way," he said as the last of the copper Constructors finished the Silver door to seal his tomb. "The land will change, and so will my story and in this way, I will finally be able to become more than I am... more that I was made to be."
    END THOUGHT RECORD
    "I'll give you a 10 second head start; if I catch you, I eat you."