New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Blank Parchment, New Heroes - Adventures!

"So tell me where he ran."

Jerik reached out and squeezed Ionroyl's battered nose.
    "And empty out your pockets while you talk. Whatever these elves have been up to around here, don't forget that I am your problem right now."

2. - Top - End - #122
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

smile Re: Blank Parchment, New Heroes - Adventures!

Merenwen smiles wryly at the situation at hand, and decides to step into trying to intimidate the halfling. "You know if you dare oppose us, halfling, you will end up the same as what I did to Wil here." Points at Wil's dead body. "Or is that not enough to persuade you to play nice?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate: (1d20+8)[23]

((I'm pretty sure that worked. ))
    Last edited by Dwayna_DF07; 2008-10-23 at 01:48 AM.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Tenet

If no one comes over to take care of the prisoner Tenet's holding, Tenet aims a careful punch to the bandits temple, knocking him out cold. He then proceeds to start looting the fallen.

For those of you who haven't known Tenet for long, this is perhaps the happiest you've seen him, ripping open hems with his dagger and rifling through coin-purses. Quill, who has known him longer, has also seen him happier. There was that time in the noble's treasure room, the time in the crypt with the jewelled shield...
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Everyone loves loopy. It's true.
    My blog, if you are interested in my rambling.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Pixie in the Playground

Dorian to 'Quill

"I am Dorian Heartlund, alumni of the University of the Arts in Paladia." Dorian sighs, "I am injured and need to get to my medicine chest. If you'll be so kind to let a man tend to his wounds, I may have a spell that might be of aid to you. Off you go."
    As he is leaving, he remembers something. Dorian hands Equilibrium a bloody arrowhead. "A souvenir."

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayna_DF07 View Post
    Merenwen smiles wryly at the situation at hand, and decides to step into trying to intimidate the halfling. "You know if you dare oppose us, halfling, you will end up the same as what I did to Wil here." Points at Wil's dead body. "Or is that not enough to persuade you to play nice?"
    "I am playing nice, you idiot! Just like I was "playing nice" in the pass and "playing nice" by answering yer questions instead of doing the smart thing and running for me life! B'god, they grow 'em stupid in the outlands."

He pulls out a pouch from his trousers and tosses it at Jerik's feet. "90 gold crowns, all I've got. You happy now, horns?"

Meanwhile, digging through the bandit's belongings Tenet finds ten gold crowns and a small vial of sea-blue liquid.

Lastly, Calenethir finds Taskon in his wagon, poring over a map. He looks up sharply when Calenthir enters and sharply says, "Yes? What do you want? I'm very busy at the moment so please make it quick."
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Orc in the Playground

Jerik again picks up the halfling, this time by his hair. All trace of his smirk is now gone, and instead of the usual white, his eyes appear to be glowing slightly red. "You have a hard time answering my questions. Where did that elf go?"

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

Ienroyl snarls back, "My best guess would be he's gone to fetch his stag and then ride like the gates o' hell are behind him to go tell his father about this humilating experience. If you didn't catch him, then I guess you're out of luck. He's one of the fastest elves I've ever seen, and that's saying something."
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Orc in the Playground

Still holding the halfling, Jerik picks up one of the discarded daggers on the ground. As his smirk returns, but his eyes radiating red, Jerik says "I guess you would know all about humiliation, wouldn't you?" Jerik then resumes removing the halfling's clothes with the dagger.

ooc: I'm not sure if you want me to roll any checks -- I'm seeing if Ionroyl is holding out again, either with info or treasure, and maybe trying to get some more fear/intimidation to stick.
    Last edited by frogman55; 2008-10-23 at 05:18 PM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

Back at the wagons...

Calen's shrewd and perceptive; he thinks he's put the pieces together. He doesn't need to interrogate any of the bandits to know what's up here...

"Look, Taskon, Elven archers don't work for scraps and they don't team up with common thugs. This route is a lot more dangerous than you've let on...probably because you're transporting something we don't know about. Those weren't just common highwaymen, they were waiting for you, weren't they?"

He folds his arms and looks sideways. "Now, I signed up here out of the goodness of my heart and because I'm going the same way...but if you're hauling something 'special', I want to know about it. And I'm going to need a lot more hazard pay. Oh, and of course, there's no reason for me to mention this to the others..."
    I apologize for drawing CockroachTeaParty as a winged centaur.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground

Quill blushes as much as hs skin would show, and grabs the arrowhead.
    "My apologies. Be careful with those wounds. Arrows can be particulalrly nasty." he says with a gracious half-bow. And begins to walk away.
    "I knew someone named Dorian at the University of the Arts. I transferred there for a semester early in my studies. Its a fine college. I'm honoured to be alongside one of their students."

With that, he returns to the looting of the fallen.

"What are the spoils, Tenet?" he asks his friend as he chants a quick spell to clean blood and grime off blades and armour.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

11. - Top - End - #131
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Should of stopped him while I had the chance..."

We should go to the bandit's HQ. In the long run, we'll make these roads safer for other caravans. And I'm pretty sure we would get a better reward.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well, I guess you're the voice of reason here, eh, Dark Elf?" Quill quips.
    "Whats with the sudden turnaround? Did our little prisoner threaten us with returning elfy doom? If thats the case - we've already lost some valuble time. Wheres that guy who said he could track them?""
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

13. - Top - End - #133

"I have my motives. I'm not really trying to make money for myself. I'm pretty sure we'll get more money this way. Which will help my cause.

Besides, I have an arrow to return to him. Painfully"

Aedrus is holding on to the arrows that was in him.
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2008-10-23 at 05:30 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ettin in the Playground

"If you hadn't opened the inevitable hostilities, you may have never been on the recieving end of the arrows." 'Quill points out bluntly.
    "I was a fight. People died, and they were trying to kill you so they didn't join those ranks. I'd forgive him an arrow."
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

15. - Top - End - #135

"Somebody had to start the "inevitable" hostilities as you said. I saw the others readying to start, and The halfling was in the perfect position for my spell. And I knew we wouldn't have actually payed that ridiculous sum. As for the arrows. I take these "inconveniences" very seriously. "

16. - Top - End - #136
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

"Now now. That attitude isn't very pleasant." Merenwen's mouth pulled into a small smirk, her cold, ice blue eyes gazing at the halfling warily before turning away.

At this point in time, it's hard for her to decipher whom exactly she should talk to. She decided to take to mumbling to herself in Draconic, as if this was something she liked to do regularly.
    Last edited by Dwayna_DF07; 2008-10-23 at 06:33 PM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Orc in the Playground

"I'm almost done with this one, Aedrus." Jerik pokes the halfling with the knife, "Would you mind finding Calenthir? Let him know what the halfling said and find out what he thinks. We'll probably need his help before this is all done, anyway."

18. - Top - End - #138

"I'm not on the best of terms with him... but fine"

Aedrus walks over to Calen.

"The halfling says that the humans are heading back to their bosses. The elf that escaped is probably telling his father about his brother's demise. His father was the one buying out the bandits, along with the Halfling and Will.

The general consensus is that we're going to track the bandits down. After we get our payment from this guard mission. Will the tracks still be fresh enough to follow after we get our payment? Or should some of us head off to collect the rewards, and we'll start tracking, leaving behind something for the others to follow us there. "

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

Slightly annoyed at having his business with Taskon interrupted...

"There won't be any tracks in a few more hours if this rain keeps up. Heh, and no one here can track that elf except me. Why do you want to go after him anyway? Is there a reward?"

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ettin in the Playground

Taskon gets up, walks over to Calenethir and Aedrus and gives Aedrus a calculating look. "Very well, do what you will. I don't really care if this elf runs for his life or dies in the woods. Do run along now."

He turns to Calenethir and whispers, "Very astute, but not entirely correct. Allow me to explain further when we arrive in Slatetine. Oh, and bad things come in fives."

He gives Calenethir a smirk as he returns to his desk in his wagon, waving away the two elf-kin.

Meanwhile, Ienroyl is sputtering with tiny rage. "Let's just forget we ever saw each other or those hell-blasted elven berks. I certainly just want to forget, but if you continue to push me perhaps I won't be able to. Just let me and Wil's boys leave and set out for Birchtown or Slatetine."
    Last edited by Raz_Fox; 2008-10-23 at 10:03 PM.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Tenet

Tenet stays close to Quill. "Now, I know this fight didn't go down like we planned", he mumbles, "But we aren't going to be able to keep outrunning the Formati and the Cresents if we antagonise this lot."

Tenet stands warily, ready to back up his old friend if hostilities start once more.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Orc in the Playground

Fine, fine, fine. Jerik mumbles to himself before finally dropping the halfling. Get gone then, you folk. And you, Ionroyl, if I ever see you again, I may have to do something mean to you. Jerik turns and picks up the longbow and a bunch of arrows left by the fallen elf. I hate these things. Maybe Tasken is carrying some javelins or hand axes he would let me buy. Assuming of course that said longbow is usable. I counted 3 shots from the dead elf, so I'm gonna say quiver of 27 arrows?
    Last edited by frogman55; 2008-10-24 at 11:33 AM.

23. - Top - End - #143

"We expect there might be a reward. This Valenethir fellow is pretty infamous. What should we do about the guard situation. We could ask one of these incapacitated bandits from the ice spell where the base is. But then we would have to either keep them unconscious, not the best plan, or we need to keep watch on them. "

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

(OOC: You mean Varenis?)

"Varenis?" Calen perks up a little, but prudently chooses not to divulge why that name piques his interest. "You mean Varenis is responsible for these bandit attacks? Heh heh...yeah sure, I'll help you guys track him down."

He turns back to Taskon, "How far is it to Slatine? You'll be fine without us...and we're still getting paid right?"

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ettin in the Playground

Equilibrium casts a quick cantrip (Ghost Sound) to whisper to Tenet so no-one could overhear.

"If we don't hunt these guys, then we'll have a third faction on our tails. As an added perk, if we do this, it becomes alot harder to track us, as nobody know where we are, save a few souls."
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

26. - Top - End - #146

OOC: Woops. I got your name and his mixed up.

"Right, Varenis. I don't need to know his name to stop him however."

27. - Top - End - #147
    Orc in the Playground

Jerik turns his back on the halfling and moves towards Tenet and Quill, "I think we've finished here. It would probably be best to get the wagons moving as soon as possible, I'm not going to worry about that elf until I have to. For all we know his father will smack him for being rash and that will be the end of it.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Tenet

"Well I'll follow your lead on this." Tenet whispers. "Just not sure its worth charging into a bandit camp."

29. - Top - End - #149
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

"I personally don't think it's wise to go charging through a bandit camp either." Merenwen flippantly decides to be a part of this conversation. "But if you say it is in our best interest, then I will be glad to follow along."

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ettin in the Playground

"Only a day left until we get to Slatetine, thank the gods. And if I remember correctly, your payment was getting to Slatetine with the caravan," Taskon says.

Meanwhile, Ienroyl scrambles up when Jerik lets go of him and runs off. Instead of heading towards the forest, he continues along the mountain until he disappears out of sight.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show