New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Exclamation Freehold of Burnt Bones: Changeling the Lost

Changeling: The Lost

Freehold of Burnt Bones
    The Hedge opens up at the end of the cold and dirty Trod, whatever the reason for travelling this way the journey has been long and exhausting. The Hedge opens before you at the edge of an ornate stone arch, carved with small imps and sprites. Thick ivy hangs down partly covering the entrance, which to mortal eyes leads nowhere, but with backway glances fae sight shows the thick and twisted brairs and a Trod leading off.

Standing in the clearing of the wooded glade to which you have arrived is the figure of a a suited hellish dragon, black twisted horns, heavy red scales covering the long elongated face, deep burning golden eyes and a long forked tail that flicks from side to side.

The dragon figure speaks as a three eyed thugish ogre shifts his weight in the shadow of the trees.

"Welcome welcome, my name is Jacob Munro" His words flow from his toungue like sweet nectar to the ears.

"You all look to have travelled far, please be welcomed to the Freehold of Burnt Bones, sit with me awhile and tell of your tale"

The ogre grunts ffrom the trees "You call him Preacher right, dat's his title 'ere"

Looking closer you can see the the suit which Jacob is wearing has the dog collar white of a priest/minister.

"This is the grounds of the vicarage, part of the Autumn Court and my home"

"Da means no fighting right, or I'does smash heads"

"Yes well quite, let me explain to our weary guests."

Gentle flames appear to flicker in his eyes and then calm again.

"As I was about to say you are now in the Freehold of Burnt Bones in the Highlands of Scotland, this freehold is one of the largest in terms of geography. The Spring court holds power in Edinburgh, the Summer court in Glasgow, we of the Autumn court here in and around Blair castle and the Winter court from Loch Ness and beyond. So from which courts do you hail?"

[OOC:- If you can take the time just to check out a map so you can see the general domains for each court thanks, hope the format of this is ok please give any hints for future posts]

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Freehold of Burnt Bones: Changeling the Lost

It's about time this ended, Kitty thinks, worn out from walking for days, and finally spotting the end.

Coming closer, she pauses to listen to what the Draconic has to say, sighing gently and leaning against a tree, wiping her brow with one gloved hand. Thus hearing, she nodded, not wanting to fight now anyway, even if it had been her style. She glanced around to the others who'd arrived at the same time.

"Well," she replied simply with a nod to this Preacher, "I'm Spring. If you couldn't tell."
    Current Characters

I made my avatar myself. You look kind of surprised! Eeh hee hee!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

John stalks out of the hedge, glancing over his shoulders a couple times as he does so. Not that it was likely that Old Man Winter had sent anyone after him (since he was leaving peacefully), but he had been feeling a bit paranoid lately.

He listens to the words of the Draconic and the ogre. And he hears another voice speak up, one he had heard before.

"Hello, Preacher. I'm John Cross, and where I came from I was of the Spring court. Or at least what was left of it..." He glances over at Kitty and gives a small smile. "Look's like it's a small world after all."
    Last edited by Warpfire; 2009-01-21 at 04:58 PM.
    Witch Hunter Avatar by Dr. Bath
    FFRP:
    Jacob Morin
    Jason [Trinity]
    Alamar
    Hyde

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Cambridge Dawson

The very large man that had walked though the hedge looked wistfully off in the distance and spoke in a voice more intelligent and mellow then you'd expect, "Autumn for these fair eyes, Preacherman. But it was a long time in the darkness since I enjoyed its tender winds.." He muttered off, stroking his left hand with his right in a nervous manner.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

((For those that are unaware >.> which is probably everyone but the ST xD, I've decided to use Jillian in a seperate rp so I created Rowan. His concept was a ballerina of death and although a Fairest he focuses more on physical attributes and combative skills rather than looks and personality. He's a little on the cold side, hence his affiliation with Winter xD but I'm a friendly person :p so if Rowan pisses you off please accept this huggle from me in advance! *HUGGLES*))

The ground is silent as a diminuitive Changeling glides his way through the Hedge, not even the twigs and grass underfoot daring to interrupt the entoxicating baled of music that is Rowan's walk.

Rowan halts and tilts his head back so that he can gaze up at the taller (which was everyone there) Changelings before him. "Rowan Deathstep The Dancer of Death of the Winter Court," The Changeling says in a voice of silken stars and entrancing beauty. "All would do well to remember that name for I don't wish to prove it for you." Rowan's voice, as beautiful as it was, was dark and threatining, as if he were daring the Preacher's bodyguard to find a reason to come at him and try to beat his head in.

Rowan's hauntingly forest green eyes seem to shine with an inner confidence that puts emphasis on his deathly skull-shaped pupils. "I have traveled far and am very tiered." Rowan was wearing a black leotard with a forest green cloak gathered about his shoulders, the hem of which was tattered and torn from his walk through the Hedge.
    Last edited by SoothingSolace; 2009-01-22 at 09:33 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Banned

Julia stepped out from the hedge, keeping her head slightly down as she moved towards the back of the group of new arrivals. Odd that so many would arrive in the freehold at the same time.

She listened quietly as the preacher and his bodyguard spoke, trying not to make much notice of herself. She didn't interrupt the others as they introduced themselves, either. When it became her turn, however, the emaciated, chalky figure stepped forward enough that they could see her and spoke. Her tone slightly flat as she spoke, as if she was hiding what she truly felt about it. "My name is Julia Sorgi. I'm a member of the Ashen Court. It is nice to meet you all."

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Levitas

A fair, pale changeling with sapphire hair shakes himself as if something nasty had touched him as he stepped out of the gateway. He dislike the Hedge.

He also disliked words, for the most part, and focused his attention firstly on the dragon but swiftly on the troll. He smiled, showing perfect white teeth and stared at the ogre rather than the Preacher.

"Well... I like you so far," he said, crossing his arms over his chest. His clothing appeared run down and recently damaged. Rips and smudges on both his t-shirt and jeans. Heat ripples, like the hot wind off a highway in August, rolled around the changeling. "You show me your Iron Lance and I show you mine."
    "Buddy, if I bothered to think like that would I be standing here today with an octopus-god larva growing out of my neck?"
    Suh'Zahne, Cultist of Ur

"Since things can't possibly get any worse, Red Mage, we turn to you."
    "Prepare to be proved wrong!"

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

"You have arrived here at a most tense time, the rites for the winter court are about to begin and the new Winter King is to be crowned."

Rev. Munro half turns to the Cyclops

"This is Thunderfist, follow us to the castle if you will. There we of the Autumn Court are about to hand over the Tokens of Power that hold and bind this freehold together."

As the two of them turn they is a scent that rolls off them like the smell of an autumnal bonfire.

They lead away through the vast church grounds towards two parked car that are waiting they engines gently humming in the still evening air.

The sun is setting, over the highlands of Scotland and the air has a coldness that makes your breath cloud before you.

"Oh any questions?, sorry you arrival here has been some what expected"

[ooc everyone ok with the pace, or do you need more or less time between posts ?]
    Last edited by openstheway; 2009-01-26 at 03:26 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Banned

Even though she wondered about why she had to introduce herself all the way up here in the highlands, when she had been headed for Edinburgh and the university there, Julia said nothing. Instead the sickly looking girl, just picked up the bag of belongings she had brought with her and followed the lead of the preacher. Pulling her coat closer around her, she noticed how cold it was.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

Rowan let out an exaggerated sigh and flung his loose braid of silken red hair over one of his slender shoulders. "Let's be off then before hulk number one decides his fists pack more thunder than that one's," Rowan said as he raised a hand and pointed at Thunderfist.

Rowan wasn't in the best of moods and all this talk of Iron Spears and autumn passing off to winter was a little upsetting. He was of the Winter court, and was a little glad that his court was coming into power, but his trek through the Hedge had made him weary and all he really desired was some rest.

((In my opinion it took waaaaaaay too long for everyone to post.))
    Last edited by SoothingSolace; 2009-01-26 at 04:52 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11

Cambridge Dawson

With a resigned sigh, Cambridge made his way with the others quietly. He wasn't much for conversation at the precise moment.

Spoiler
    Show
    It took so long to post, I very nearly stopped checking and thought it wasn't going to start...

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sparing glances around at all the others who'd just arrived, a few of whom she might have seen before--and a smile for the other courtier of the Antler Crown--Kitty nodded, and sauntered after him, her high heels kicking up some leaves. A few of them regained a little color under her feet.

"I'd forgotten how cold it can get up here," she muttered, shivering and eyeing the cars in mild surprise. She did, however, have a question...but for the moment she felt it prudent to keep quiet about it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Me, too--I thought that people had dropped it.
    Current Characters

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Levitas uncrossed his arms and followed the crowd. He'd apparently found the one ogre that wasn't up for a nice stare down. "I don't suppose anybody else is finding this a little to handy, are they?" He glanced at the other travelers. "We trudge through hill and briar to find our new dear friend here waiting?" He stopped several paces from the cars and let the fog of his breath ripple the now lessened summer ripples about him. "Just who expected us then, Dragon?"

Spoiler
    Show
    As the slowest poster I'd like to say "sorry" and I'll make sure to pick up the pace.
    Last edited by Tadanori Oyama; 2009-01-27 at 01:22 AM.
    "Buddy, if I bothered to think like that would I be standing here today with an octopus-god larva growing out of my neck?"
    Suh'Zahne, Cultist of Ur

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

Lightbulb Re: Freehold of Burnt Bones: Changeling the Lost

"Everyone is waiting for you..."

Without another word he gets into the car.

The cars pull away from the church yard and off toward the castle.
    [ooc image above]

Lining the driveway to the castle, there are two rows of small goblin candles burning with a green light that no mortal eye would see.

The Preacher and Thunderfist get out of the cars and wait for you to collect yourselves.

"Now there will be many of the Lost here who will be very interested in your arrival. As I mentioned earlier your coming here now has been forseen. There is a lady among are number a kithless Oracle called The Crone she has been a member of the freehold for as long as anyone else can remember, so her word is trusted greatly." The Preacher speaks his wods float on the air and hang for a moment or two before being caught by a chill breeze.

Thunderfist grunts something into the Preachers ear.

"Yes your right, mmmm .."

"Tell 'hem.."

"She has foretold that your arrival here will ..... will
    'Coming from the Hedge a Storm wind blows
    cobwebs away, bloosom comes early,
    fresh buds raise through the snow.
    And we gardeners must choose to tend or reap'
    she knows more but has not yet said."

The preacher pauses waiting to see if anyone knows something of what he has just said.

Distant figures can be seen moving at the doorway to the castle.
    Last edited by openstheway; 2009-01-27 at 05:49 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground

"Oh a car," Rowan sighs happily. "Thank goodness." The small Changeling climbs up into the passenger side of one of the motor vehicles before anyone else could do so, claiming an entire seat to himself, something that would seem rather redundent for one so small. As the car sets off through the chilly air Rowan settles back into his seat and closes his eyes, allowing himself to take a small nap before their arrival to the castle.

Once out of the vehicle Rowan pulls his tattered cloak tightly about his petite frame and stares up at Preacher. "Considering what we've run from I would say that our coming would be something to prophecy about." Rowans voice is cold and entrancing, a voice that seems to seep into the ears of those around him and demands that they turn their attention towards him. ((Please note that the reason for his entrancing voice is the Siren's Song merit. For those that don't know it literally makes it hard to concentrate on other matters while he's speaking/singing. In game terms you receive a -2 to any tasks made while listening to him. Also, how do you create a spoiler? Also also, mayhaps we should switch to a different board? This one is undergoing a TON of maitnenece and is very unreliable as of late.))
    Last edited by SoothingSolace; 2009-01-27 at 01:07 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

The bright point of starlight at Levitas' forehead flared, as did flames on the candles nearest to him, trying to raise Summer's heat in protest to the bitter cold.

"So... your orcale says we're gonna be your clean up crew, then?"

He glanced ahead, at the vague figures by the castle doors.

"I'll be your storm wind, collar, but I ain't getting reaped. I don't like people making plans for me and I really don't like making prophecies about me."
    Suh'Zahne, Cultist of Ur

17. - Top - End - #17
    Banned

Relaxing a bit as she saw the car, warmth was something quite welcome, Julia looked to the others to see what they did about it. When she saw it was alright she headed straight for the car, sliding into a seat by the window. She kept her bag in her lap and drew together, making her seem even smaller than she was, even though there was room enough in the car that she didn't need to. She listened intently as the preacher related the prophecy.

"I hope not. I just came up here to study..."

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

"Cleanup crew?"

John's mouth twists unhappily, his wings folding inwards. His arms are huddled together firmly and his figure slightly stooped; he's clearly not a fan of the cold.

"I don't know about that. I came here to get away from trouble, not to get involved in other people's. And I have to agree with our Summer friend," He inclines his head towards Levitas, "when it comes to people deciding things for me."

He takes a look around at the assembled changelings. "I'm sure we've all had more than enough of that for one lifetime..."
    FFRP:
    Jacob Morin
    Jason [Trinity]
    Alamar
    Hyde

19. - Top - End - #19

Cambridge Dawson

"Power fleets... enough of control for two lifetimes, and I'm already on my second." Cambridge said, nodding to himself. "I don't know what you think we're here to do, but I came here to be alone. I'm not with these guys, and I'm not part of your prophecy."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kitty, too, couldn't help but sigh in relief as she saw the car. The trip had been exhausting, and she was irritated by it, manners aside. At his words, though, she rolled her eyes.

"Oh, a prophecy, you say? It just happens to involve us? Well...considering what's happened..." she glanced around at each other Lost in turn, ""I suppose I'm willing to believe it. But, listen, luv--if you want Kitty on your side, she'll need some bees 'n honey, know what I mean?" She managed to sound saucy as she slipped into the car, her teeth no longer chattering.
    Current Characters

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

"Listen to me, The Crone sees things in ways of dream and metaphor. No-one of you is fool enough to think that dreams don't have power but it is all down to how those dreams are understood. You arrived here as she foretold, so many arriving through a single Trod at once means something, how you act on the knowledge is upto you, how much of our lives is fate and how much is choice? You will act, how that changes things who can say, the Crone knows more than she said."

The Preacher glances towards the slowly massing crowd of changelings.

"They all are waiting for something, so whatever actions you take, the simply fact that the Crones words are known to the Courts means that, things have already changed. Act with caution"

The Preacher looks at Cambridge. "I would have thought that you a member of the Ashen Court would know there is more to this world than you can imagine" He finishes with a gentle smile. "You bring with you hope, and I know you'll do what is right and true to your heart."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Banned

Julia's red eyes levelled themselves at the preacher. "If i may. It sounds to me like the prophecy could mean almost everything. But if there is more of it that has not been revealed, something more specific might be there." For a moment it seemed like she was about to say something more, but she cut herself short and drew back into her seat.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

Rowan stood as tall as he could, which wasn't very tall at all, and drew his cloak tighter about his slender shoulders. "Some of us know that our pain is not our own," Rowan said in that mesmerizing voice of his. Rowan casts his skull-shaped pupils about the collection of Changelings gathered about him and threw them a sneer. "You all act as if your shoulders are devoid of responsability. We are part of a bigger picture here and our actions may very well help change this world, if only by a fraction of an inch."

Rowan let out a huff and walked forward, deciding that he would not be afraid to face his destiny whatever it may be.

24. - Top - End - #24

Cambridge Dawson

"Hope is an indulgence I haven't partaken in a long time..." The jaded Ogre said sadly, but took in a deep breath. "But, I suppose, as long as there is life in this body I will endeavor to meet my destiny, and hope for the future. Without hope... I might as well be back in that cave." He repeated glumly, then smiled at Rowan. "And I intend to make that fraction all the better. Your right."

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

Rowan paused mid-stride and flicked his loose pony-tail of flame-bright red hair over one of his shoulders. He turned his head and looked up at Cambridge. "About time someone else grew some balls." His voice sounded cold and ungrateful but in his own special way this was how Rowan showed his appreciation to the Ogre.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

"Never knew just accepting whatever other people set out for you was a sign of balls," John interjects, irritation creeping into his voice. Rowan's attitude was starting to wear on his nerves.
    FFRP:
    Jacob Morin
    Jason [Trinity]
    Alamar
    Hyde

27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground

Jillian turns to look straight once more and lets out an enchanting chuckle, his voice high pitched and feminine with an undertone of mockery and amusement. "I don't know what you think we're here to do, but I came here to be alone. I'm not with these guys, and I'm not part of your prophecy," Rowan said in as deep a voice as he could muster, something that made him sound quite comical. Restoring his voice back to its normal velvety smoothness he continued, "If that's not cowardice then I don't know what is." Rowan continues his walk towards the mansion, not caring if the others would follow him or not.

((Sorry if Rowan is pissing him off xD that's just the way the little guy is. Plus he's tiered and hungry >.< How do I make a spoiler?))
    Last edited by SoothingSolace; 2009-01-28 at 09:59 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Banned

Julia did not get between the other changelings fighting. Instead she just drew further to the side, looking out of the window at the terrain passing her by instead. She tried to see if she could disappear into her overcoat and they wouldn't drag her into the fighting...even so she kept glancing at the others and taking an interest in what they were saying.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

((Um, Terra, sweetie, our party has been out of the cars for a couple of posts now xD.))

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

"C'mon, now, all of you," Kitty finally put in, wearily, rolling her eyes, and slowly walking in the same direction. "Let's not have a great ruddy row before we've even got anything started. We'll have plenty of time to tear at each other's throats later."

As annoying as the little fellow was, Kitty felt that he might have a point there--not that she'd admit to agreeing with him. There really were few coincidences in life, after all. That didn't mean she was going to risk life and limb on that for nothing, though.
    Current Characters