New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default GLoG IX: Death is no longer cheap

DO NOT POST HERE UNLESS YOU ARE A MEMBER.

To become a member PM either FF Fanboy, Haleyintraining[Leave of Absence], Happyturtle, Lex-kat, or Saint Nil[Leave of Absence].

This meeting of the good league of good will now come to order. You must be a member of the GLoG to post here. Members:

Saint Nil ( Former President)[Leave of Absence]
    Happyturtle (Vice President)
    Haleyintraining ( Former Secretary)[Leave of Absence]
    FF Fanboy (Treasurer)
    Lex-kat (Elite Member)
    Zar Peter (Member)
    LordRod (Member)
    Haruki-kun (Member)
    Randman22222 (Member)
    Me. (Member)
    Quinsar (Member)
    Admiral Kelly (Member) [Leave of absence]
    KidKris (Member)
    Kaelaroth (Member)
    Beholder1995 (Member)
    Vespe Ratavo (Member)
    Cobra Ikari (Member)
    TwilightWatcher (Member)
    Almighty Salmon (Member)
    Apeoflight (Member)
    Gem Flower (Member)
    Ahzreal (Member)
    Lupy (Member)
    Catseye2121 (Member)
    Atticus Bleak (Member)
    FireFox (Member)
    Blue Umbrella (Member)
    Darkcomet (Member)
    M0rt (Member)
    Calamity(Member)

Here you can talk about good things, like Sunshine and Rainbows. (Ya, right).

If you are evil you can still be redeemed. Apply today!

Also, before you join, read the Rules of the Spork.

If you are just visiting, post in the GLoG Visitors' Center.

GLoG HQ Map
    Spoiler
    Show
    Great Room
    Spoiler
    Show

If you have a question, please read our FAQ first, it may already have been answered:
    Spoiler
    Show
    FAQ:

1. What's the point? Isn't there already a good aligned organization? Why didn't you just join HALO?

OOC, we have nothing against HALO. (IC may be a different story.) However, we wanted an organization that only allows good-aligned members and focuses on the redemption of evildoers. If the real world can have multiple organizations for the purpose of doing good, we don't see why the forum can't hold more than one as well.

2. No seriously. Aren't you just a HALO clone?

Not intentionally. We have our own purpose and our own mission, which overlaps somewhat with HALO's, but is not identical.

3. Why don't you let anyone post in the main thread without PMing first?

OOC answer: Honestly, we tried it, and it was too chaotic to read.
      IC answer: You don't let strangers wander into your house at all hours, do you? We just want to know who is in our house.

4. Still, it seems awfully rude. You've offended a lot of people.

We're sorry. We didn't mean to.

5. What's the point of the visitor's centre?

We still want to play nicely with others! So we set up the visitor's centre thread to provide an IC access port.

6. Are you part of the Town? Or are you in an extra dimension?

We didn't really know at first, but when AMEN contacted us, it seemed clear that we inhabited some sort of reality with AMEN and HALO. Which means we aren't Town. I think. (Really, we're making this up as we go along!)

7. Will you be interacting with the other groups?

Yes, but we haven't worked out the mechanics yet. We're officially at war with AMEN, but we don't want random fighting going on in our headquarters. So we might be setting up a war thread or a plot thread or something, but we don't know yet.

As far as HALO goes, we have no formal ties with them, though there is some membership overlap, and we're currently in discussions. IC, some of us have formed a negative opinion of HALO. It doesn't mean we have a problem with you OOC. (Honestly, Turtle isn't the brightest crayon in the box, and she's very defensive about being a former evildoer.)

8. GLoG is a pretty silly name, isn't it?

Yes. Yes it is. One of our founding members used to belong to the Evil League of Evil (If you haven't heard of it, google 'Dr Horrible'), so when she turned good, it seemed reasonable to form the Good League of Good.

Banners:
    Spoiler
    Show

All banners by Logalmier.

Visit our Wiki!!!
    Last edited by Saint Nil; 2008-10-26 at 03:51 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Rogers
    "When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mother Teresa
    If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: GLoG IX: Death is no longer cheap

Nil calls a mandetory meeting of all avalible and active GLoG members at once.
    Last edited by Saint Nil; 2008-10-21 at 06:17 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    "When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Nil, you need to add Calamity. And you have a mysterious bracket in front of HaleyInTraining's name.

I miss her.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2008-10-21 at 06:43 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

4. - Top - End - #4

Mr. Quinne steps into GLoG from the gardens. Apparently the plot takes place in the future, so it doesn't matter anymore.

Oh, and Fan. You don't know anything about Topsy as of now. All you know is his name, what he can look like, and a former weakness which has been fixed. Stop it with the "tsk tsk" crap. Every time you do it, it makes you look dumb. The first time, I had said Benny used a filtered straw before you made your post. The second time you brought up your character Shadow, who has absolutely nothing on Topsy. He can't listen to telepathic conversations that include Topsy, and Topsy cannot be recorded in any way. Good going.

Killing Draken? So? Draken's power sways. Topsy's doesn't. I don't want to have to reveal every little detail of Topsy just so I don't have to deal with your crap. Sometimes I'm perfectly ok with you. Other times you really tick me off. You passively insult me even when I haven't said anything rude towards you. Thanks.

Oh, and while I'm annoyed, stop getting so ticked off OOC because of IC stuff. IT'S NOT REAL PEOPLE! IT'S FICTIONAL CHARACTERS! Our characters do not reflect the personal opinions of us. Some do, but really, almost none will. None of mine do. Now you may not realize this, but the narrator in AMEN that I use is built to be a jerk. He is not me. He's like me, but he is not me.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Vince, yes, the player, is wandering.
    Whistling a toon that should scare those that hear it...

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Nil View Post
    Nil calls a mandatory meeting of all available and active GLoG members at once.
    ((I'm on, but none of my characters are available except virka, does she count as a member?

Also, why did you start a new thread when the other one hadn't reached page 50?, I know we don't have to wait to page 50 but I'm curious.))
    Last edited by Fostire; 2008-10-21 at 07:04 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Suddenly Rick, Pri and Kris tumble out of a portal. Have a nice day.
    (Still in the forms as they were in the plot, so Rick's a half-devil, Pri's a cyro-hydra, and Kris is nearly dead.)

((the plot's basically over, all we needed to do is find a way to get off the plane without Kris's handy teleport scrolls before it implodes . I assume we made it out alive ))
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2008-10-21 at 07:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

8. - Top - End - #8

(Happy Birthday)
    All members of the Good League of Good, I welcome you. THere is an important message I would like to give to you, but I believe it will be for the best if I just come right oput and say it.
    *pauses*

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

((... That's not coming out and saying it.... Sadly the only characters who'd actually say that are nearly dead from level drain, or evil.))

10. - Top - End - #10

I'm resigning from the Good League of Good.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

What? Why?

He sounds calm because he's a robot.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

What?

Meanwhile in the infirmary, the medical drones pump all sorts of stuff into Kris.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

((Wow! I don't think I can take anymore. Are you people intentionally trying to kill me. First HiT leaves, then dragonprime leaves, and now Nil is leaving. Maybe not the Forums (not sure maybe he is), but he's leaving GLoG.))

So, why Nil. Why are you leaving GLoG? Is it my rudeness OOC? Cause I'm attempting to rectify that.

-------------------------
    HaleyInTraining has left.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2008-12-30 at 01:51 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Umbrella View Post
    Mr. Quinne steps into GLoG from the gardens. Apparently the plot takes place in the future, so it doesn't matter anymore.

Oh, and Fan. You don't know anything about Topsy as of now. All you know is his name, what he can look like, and a former weakness which has been fixed. Stop it with the "tsk tsk" crap. Every time you do it, it makes you look dumb. The first time, I had said Benny used a filtered straw before you made your post. The second time you brought up your character Shadow, who has absolutely nothing on Topsy. He can't listen to telepathic conversations that include Topsy, and Topsy cannot be recorded in any way. Good going.

Killing Draken? So? Draken's power sways. Topsy's doesn't. I don't want to have to reveal every little detail of Topsy just so I don't have to deal with your crap. Sometimes I'm perfectly ok with you. Other times you really tick me off. You passively insult me even when I haven't said anything rude towards you. Thanks.

Oh, and while I'm annoyed, stop getting so ticked off OOC because of IC stuff. IT'S NOT REAL PEOPLE! IT'S FICTIONAL CHARACTERS! Our characters do not reflect the personal opinions of us. Some do, but really, almost none will. None of mine do. Now you may not realize this, but the narrator in AMEN that I use is built to be a jerk. He is not me. He's like me, but he is not me.
    You know I almost reported this post, but I think Ill let you stew, and think about what you just said.
    Tsk, Tsk, was a condcending term refering to how you constantly refer to Topsy as some sort of god "I'm better than everyone" type of charecter, and it is for that EXACT reason that I made Lykan. In case topsy EVER comes back, adn tries to pull of the same old **** that he did in HALO.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

((I think it's just plot Lex. He's had this planned for a while. Hence the custom title.))

((Fanboy, BU, STOP. NOW. If you continue on this tract, there will only be a flame war. If BU wants his plot that's fine. If Fan wants to try and stop the plot that's fine. In the end it's BU's decision on how powerful his character is, and Fanboy's decision on how powerful his character is. This isn't an arms race. It's a collaboration.))
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2008-10-21 at 07:37 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16

(I didn't think ya'll would care this much, and no KK, its a little bit more than a plot.I spend more time on the forumsd than I should, so I'm going to be cutting back soon. I'm going to finish my current business in the forum, and then I'm going to leave for a while)

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

Fan walks in, and
    "what, why?"

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Umbrella View Post
    What gets me is this paragraph. ^ I mean, aren't you being just a little hypocritical? As Kaela told me, via PM, I should have used PM to tell him my feelings about KR-15's plot. And from here on, that's what I'll do.

Nil, you're killing me here.

Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2008-12-30 at 01:51 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19

(sorry Lex)
    Hello Fanboy. ANd as for your question, quite simply, I have served my purpose. Look at yourself. Look at Happyturtle. Look at Lex-Kat. All of you have come so far in your redemptions, and are currently redeeming others. I am no longer needed here.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20

(I didn't think ya'll would care this much, and no KK, its a little bit more than a plot.I spend more time on the forumsd than I should, so I'm going to be cutting back soon. I'm going to finish my current business in the forum, and then I'm going to leave for a while)
    (( Just please don't turn "a while" into "forever"))

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Like Haleyintraining.

Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2008-12-30 at 01:52 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22

(Don't worry, I won't be gone forever)I hope

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

(sorry Lex)
    Hello Fanboy. ANd as for your question, quite simply, I have served my purpose. Look at yourself. Look at Happyturtle. Look at Lex-Kat. All of you have come so far in your redemptions, and are currently redeeming others. I am no longer needed here.
    (for serious... I agree with lex. this makes me INSANELY depressed.)
    "but... But Nil. Your the only one who can lead GLoG, and we need you here. who else could do as good a job as you could.... Who else could be Giranules companion?"

24. - Top - End - #24

Now Fanboy, I'm not the only person who can lead the Good League of Good. And as for Giranule, I was hoping he would be willing to come with me.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

((I'm sorry guys. I'm just not handling HiT leaving very well. I hurt deep inside. I feel we are all to blame, especially me, for not playing with her enough. Not encouraging her to be a part of the Thread she helped create. I just want her back!!!!!))

Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2008-12-30 at 01:53 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26

( I feel the same way. Sorry I'm dropping this on you at the same time Haleyintraining did.I never thought she would leave. She was the heart and soul of GLoG)

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

"But, your the only one who has been with us from the start, and with Happy resigning from VP we really don't have anybody to lead us...."

28. - Top - End - #28

Why not you? Or Pri?Or Khianas? Or Phyllis? THere are so many members who would make exceptional leaders.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

"I'm not sure if I'm up to leadership, and Pri has been gone with rick god knows where, and Khinsa... wel he doesn't haev any problems as far as I can tell."

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

And where will you go Nil? Will you go off and fight your battle on some far Plutonian shore? Or start another organization? Or leave entirely? Where will you go?

((Not Khiansa.))
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2008-10-21 at 08:10 PM.