New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Twilight of the World [IC]

Arkturus Astamir

"Let's get inside then, Faëra, come with us and listen."

With that, he grabs the captive man, opened the doors and entered the room.

"Drogan, it seems that there's been a leak on our whereabouts. We've been attacked by three men this very morning. This is one of them. We come here to request shelter for our nights, but also to give you evidence."

With that, Arkturus strides towards (the desk?) Drogan, dragging the man behind him on the floor and handing over the pouch of powder. "This is the powder that caused last night's incident, it is potent magic. Be careful and do not risk it near a flame. As for the attackers, this one might spill something."

The violet eyes stare at the man coldly. "If you need any help breaking him in, I can assist. Also, I have a new request for the successful completion of this mission. I need assistance in understanding and performing magic so I may counter the man's sorcery."

Arkturus then gives a full account of the last night, telling the veteran everything they had gathered up till now.
    A Revenant

2. - Top - End - #122
    Orc in the Playground

The room is pretty small, and is clustered with three desks. In two of them, there are lots of papers and books and files, while in the third is a busy-looking Drogan. Behind him there is a small window outlooking the city. He raises his head, listening to Arkturus in wonder. He then rises from his desk, tossing the paper he was working on aside.

Drogan: "Gods damn it... It seems that the guild is really after you, then. Wait;" - Drogan calls a guard, who swiftly takes the prisioner away to be interrogated - "Well... I don't know if that fellow is going to be of much use. He must be just a random guy sent to kill you... We'll see what we can get, though."

Drogan thinks for a moment, reading over a small file that was standing in one of the two other desks, before continuing: "I understand your request. I'll look into what I can do, and get back to you later. I'll also send the powder to examination. For now, I think we are best to lay low and investigate, until we have enough information to plan something."
    Last edited by Silverkiss; 2008-12-13 at 09:10 AM.
    My own homebrewed world/setting: Yay!

3. - Top - End - #123

Arkturus Astamir

"The man, I'd like you to keep him here. I plan on talking with him a bit later on. My servant, Faëra was scared to death by him and he deserves to be taught a lesson. As for the assistance, it is much appreciated. As I explained, the man is something else. His experience in a fight surpasses ours."

The High Elven violet eyes stare at the human a few moments.

"For the Dwarf, Hammerforge, who lost his friends during this attempt at helping the local guard, and the man Uther Ulridge, I request some sparring fights with your men to keep them in shape. It seems the man particularly hates us and with that is your chance for you to have him captured. By us or by using us as bait."

The high Elf nods.

"I am thankful for your help. And now, I'd like to give Faëra a safe place to rest. She's been through a lot this morning."
    A Revenant

4. - Top - End - #124
    Orc in the Playground

Drogan: "You can talk to him later, if you wish. He will be kept in the dungeons. I believe we can prepare a safehouse for you somewhere nearby, a secluded place heavily guarded. Your servant can stay there."

Drogan stops, lost in his thoughts. A few minutes pass, without anyone saying anything.
    Last edited by Silverkiss; 2008-12-13 at 09:24 AM.

5. - Top - End - #125

Arkturus Astamir

"Well, for now, how about you explain to us in detail what's been going on around here. I mean, we got to the part where they were a thieve's guild, but we weren't told what they were smuggling, or anything about what they have done so far to trouble the capital. Telling us all you can about them can only help us deal with how to formulate a plan."

The high elven eyes stop on the Hammerforge Dwarf, Tellan and Uther, finally coming to rest on Faëra.

"After this, If it's possible, I'd like to have a bath." he says nonchalantly.
    A Revenant

6. - Top - End - #126
    Orc in the Playground

Drogan: "Right. Let's begin with the beggining, shall we ? This.... guild, it started out as a 'common' thieves guild, I mean, at first it was only a place that thieves and thugs joined to work together and help each other.... More like kill each other, but that's another matter. Things started to go bad when they began killing people just for the kill, without stealing anything. Some weeks ago, the deaths began. First, it were only some small merchants, a minor noble there, and such. Nothing to be too much worried about. And then, they started to target juicier fishes. We've been on their trail ever since, but something is wrong. They aren't a thieves guild. They only used the thieves guild as a facade. Now, we're left in the dark, without knowing who truly belongs to the organization and who was only tricked by it."