New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default What kinda magics you think Stanley/Parson can make?

Seeing as Jack is back in action and all, this could prove useful towards new spells via linking with the other casters.

For example, Jack + Sizemore could = Magical Maze - A giant, evershifting Mzae, where all who step foot get lost forever.

Or, maybe Jack + Maggie = Illusionary Mind Rape. Imagine, if you will, Maggie being able to float into your subconscious and pick out your greatest fear, while Jack makes it come to life?

What else do you think is feasable?
    Witness my glory and know that when my darkness fades, if you yet live, it is because an ally does not.

AN EMPTY SPOT WITHIN MY CRAW CRAVES YOUR FLESH, YOUR BONES BLED RAW!
    YOUR FEAR! YOUR FEAR! SO SWEET! SO STRONG! TO TEASE MY TONGUE, YOUR LIVES ARE GONE!
    YOUR ODDS UNFAVORED, MY WEB TOO STRONG! SPEED WON'T NEGATE A LINE STEPPED WRONG!
    YOU DARE? DARE SMITE THIS AWESOME BEAST? YOUR FATES ARE SEALED AS MY NEXT FEAST!
    HEED THIS BECK AND HEAR THIS CALL! FIGHT ME STILL, YOUR WILLS SHALL FALL!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: What kinda magics you think Stanley/Parson can make?

Assuming the mechanics allow, Jack creating illusions and Maggie using Thinkamancy, they could trick or intimidate opposing units into swearing allegiance to GK.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

Oh yeah...giving a tactical genius like Parson a fully-capable genius-level Foolamancer will guaranteed tip this battle completely. Just thinking of the things I've done in D&D with illusion wizards, the list is endless, and I don't fancy myself as brilliant a commander as Parson.

With only 2-3 minutes of thought: Just Jack on his own could create the illusion of greatly multiplied forces for GK. I'm thinking the illusion of a completely unscathed Dwagon force flying in with Stanley at its head, perhaps with more "reinforcements" of an Erfly nature. Or a lot more Uncroaked. Or, perhaps with Charlie's permission, the illusion of Charlies Archon Army fighting Stanley's unscathed Dwagon force, then the uncroaking of a bunch of Archons. Give someone like Parson a 1- or 2-turn heads-up about Jack's arrival via Thinkagram. He'll come up with some crazy-amazing boop.

On top of it all, there's this: Diplomacy-Fu has just become a realistic endgame tactic, and we may safely assume Parson is at least skilled in this art of warfare, perhaps a master. He was a Game Master after all, and a large part of that is negotiating with players about what they can or cannot do and get away with. The illusion of superior strength and the threat of its use has always been a time-honored tool of negotiation. We're seeing Parson at his strongest and the Tool at his weakest: Stanley just admitted he made a mistake, and he's about to see evidence that Parson really is an Ultimate Warlord. Parson may convince the Tool to allow him to go to the bargaining table.
    The DM has spoken.

You failed your Will save to resist.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

"A trick only thinkamancers can perform."

Though I am curious, what kind of alloys would Maggie be able to create with Wanda, or Sizemore, or both.
    ...and may the grand !MooXooM! above enlighten your path.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

A Sizemore/Wanda combination could be interesting: both can create new units. Wanda can recycle old units, Sizemore can create complete new ones. Uncroaked units have the disadvantage of decaying, Sizemore can probably create only level 1 units, albeit very strong types. Together they can maybe super undead-golems, with the levels and sometimes bonuses of the source-units, but partly golem and therefore not decaying. Think of the mass-animation of 128, but lasting forever. Oh, and when alloyed to a thinkamancer their mind should be able to make better units than just the weakest kind, after all "Croakamancy comes from the mind". And together they have three times the "juice" than a single caster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Bone and flesh golems ftw!!, but wait, would a bone golem really be more powerful than a Heavy metal golem? I wouldn't think so....

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

I was thinking more in line undead cyborgs a la robocop. Just instead of machine parts stone and metal. The bonus of an warlord, the strength and durability of an golem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

8. - Top - End - #8
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The DM View Post
    With only 2-3 minutes of thought: Just Jack on his own could create the illusion of greatly multiplied forces for GK. I'm thinking the illusion of a completely unscathed Dwagon force flying in with Stanley at its head, perhaps with more "reinforcements" of an Erfly nature. Or a lot more Uncroaked. Or, perhaps with Charlie's permission, the illusion of Charlies Archon Army fighting Stanley's unscathed Dwagon force, then the uncroaking of a bunch of Archons. Give someone like Parson a 1- or 2-turn heads-up about Jack's arrival via Thinkagram. He'll come up with some crazy-amazing boop.
    It remains to be see just what the limits of Foolamancy are. So far, we know that it can:

1. Veil units -- judging from the scene at the chokepoint, veiling can make a unit look like something else of the same general size, but can't outright make it invisible.

2. Generate images -- presumably, the Foolamancer was generating the visual output of Stanley's tactical table. The reference to Jack's facility at "distractions" would seem to imply that he can generate fake forces or other illusions that would divert attention from real units, but it remains to be seen just exactly what he can do in this regard.
    Last edited by SteveMB; 2008-11-02 at 04:32 PM.