New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Forsaken and the Dragon (IC)

Gods breath Banad, how incompetent ARE you?

Oh, shut up, it wasn't his fault.

What are you, his mum?

Damn it I wish you were corporeal so's I could strangle you.

Ooh; kinky. Your place or mine, baby?

Jerk.

Ignoring the bickering inside of his mind, Banad regains his balance, charging at a wererat in a similar fashion to beforehand, although keeping an eye out on the floor this time.

Spoiler
    Show

If the Lone Wererat is in range, Banad will charge him. If not, he'll charge one of the other wererats. If none of them are, then he'll attack one of the rats again. If he attacks a rat, -2 from his attack roll.

Attack
    (1d20+10)[15]

Damage
    (1d10+6)[10]
    Spoiler
    Show

[Combat Tracker]
    VP: 41
    WP: 17
    AC: 17 [10 Touch, 19 Flat-Footed] (-2 Charge Penalty Included)
    Immune to Poisons, Phantasms and Paralysis
    Fire Resistance 5
    Active Buffs: None
    Active Debuffs: None

Last edited by Rettu Skcollob; 2008-12-17 at 09:49 AM.
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Lessur

The barbarian shouts and screams "GRAA!! ENOUGH!!" as bulets and bites and pawns rip and scar his flesh and skin. Taking hit after hit just make him even wilder, striking with fierce (and just) recklessness over the foul.... whatever is that he is smashing. period.

Too bad he still could not trow lighting from his mouth (that would satisfy him). but you can see it in a flash - small sparks coming out from his nose and mouth, due to the heavy breathing and loud cursing..

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions: if there is any flanking oportunity against the uninjuried ratmen (with a 5-foot step), I will take it (even if I get flanked myself). If there isn't, I will atack him anyway (afterall, he is the ratman who is harrasing the merchant). I supose a single magic missile could take down the wounded ratman? (oh no! I'm telling others what do do! shhh!! bad player!)
    Atack:(1d20+9)[23]
    damage:(1d10+8)[11]

Status Block
    VP: 24/40
    WP: 22/22
    AC: 15 (Touch 11, FF 14)
    Power aura: +1 melee damage
    Saves: Fort +11, Ref +4, Will +11
    Last edited by Beschoren; 2008-12-17 at 01:19 PM.
    Playing:
    Shoe, the make-belive gun dealer
    Akira, the psichyc warrior

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

Magorah Starbright
    "You're mine, Rat," shouts Magorah to the Lone Gunrat. He disappears from sight.

Actions
    Standard Action: Cast Invisibility.
    Move Action: Equip Dragon Rifle.

Magorah Starbright
    VP: 11/11
    WP: 12/12
    SP: 15/19
    AC: 19 (Touch 16, FF 17) [+4 Mage Armor 1799]
    Saves: Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +5

Misc.: Character sheet updated with Dragon Rifle reload time.
    ·Bitzeralisis·

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

Wuli:

Wuli "ha-ha." he chortled as his weapon connected, "I am the greatest rat catcher of them all!" As he removed his rapier from the previous were-rat.

"And now for my greatest trick of all," he lunged himself and his rapier at the lone gunrat, and attempt to plunge it in-pointy side first.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry been sick, still am sick, probably will be sick for a very long time. I will try to keep up.

Umm I have no idea how to calculate how much WP and VP I have. @__@;; Sorry. I have taken four VP damage.

Move Action: Move to Lone gunrat
    Standard Action: Attack Lone gunrat (or move to him more if he is out of range)

(1d20+8)[24] .. Damage: (1d6+3)[8]

VP:
    WP:
    AC: 18 (Touch: 16; Flat Food: 15)
    Saves: Fort:6; Reflex:5; Will:0

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

(Rargh, stoopid MWR computers ignoring the existence of my thumb drive.)

Shar, you (wisely) decide to forgo charging the Lone Gunrat to instead whack on the wererat standing right next to you. Your sword bites deep into its chest, and when you pull it out the spray of blood is very satisfying. The wererat slumps to the ground, clearly no longer interested in the fight.

Lessur steps to set up a flanking maneuver on the uninjured wererat, getting a +2 bonus on his attack roll to hit the creature. He strikes it in the side, nearly cutting the creature in half. It slumps to the ground, out of the fight.

Magorah, a step ahead of the enemy, goes invisible a split-second after he shouts out his challenge to the Lone Gunrat. Obviously no longer interested in a losing battle, the wererat turns and sprints off. It tossed its pistol aside as it ran.

Wuli, laughing at his own bravado, takes off after the fleeing wererat.
    (You calculate VP the same way you do normal hit points. WP is simply your Constitution score.)

Without their wererat masters to drive them into blood-frenzy, the remaining rats flee as well.

Lone Gunrat -
    WR 1 - Dying. Just kinda lies there bleeding from a sucking chest wound brought on by a sword.
    WR 2 - Dying. Just kinda lies there bleeding from a rapier.
    WR 3 - Unconscious. Just kinda lies there bleeding from a massive abdominal wound brought on by an axe. Congratulations... you have a prisoner - and perhaps answers.

(Egad, a human wielding an axe while a dwarf wields a sword? What is this place coming to? Why, back in my day, any self-respecting human used a longsword because it dealt a d12 damage against L creatures, and we walked uphill, both ways, through the snow...
    ... Yeah. I realized I was oldschool when I read the OotS comic wherein they rescued the dirt farmer and immediately recognized all of the modules he was listing off because I had played through them.)
    My latest homebrew: Majokko base class and Spellcaster Dilettante feats for D&D 3.5 and Races as Classes for PTU.

Currently Playing
    Raiatari Eikibe - Ghostfoot's RHOD Righteous Resistance

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

lessur

Blasting away opponents satisfies Lessur in a way that few "good" people would ever comprehend. The fleeing ratman, however, still fuels his anger and bloodlust - "HAAAAAAAAAA!!!!". He steps over the fallen ratman and starts to chase the gunrat.

(actions: changes to senses aura (+1 spot/listen) and chases the gunrat. weee!! 50 ft movement!! I'll never get tired of that!!)
    (occ: I'm using a DWARVEN waraxe. And I'm a barbarian, not a human)

Status Block
    VP: 24/40
    WP: 22/22
    AC: 15 (Touch 11, FF 14)
    rounds of rage left: 7
    Senses aura: +1 spot/listen/initiative
    Saves: Fort +11, Ref +4, Will +11
    Last edited by Beschoren; 2008-12-21 at 06:37 PM.
    Playing:

7. - Top - End - #67

Shar stops, the plates of his armour clanking softly as they slot into place now that he has stopped moving. He closes his eyes, taking his smoked glasses off and wiping some of the blood off of them, before donning them again. He watches the barbarian chase down the gunrat, knowing that in his heavy armour, he couldn't really hope to catch the wretched creature himself.
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

Wuli:

Wuli, still chasing the lone wererat gunner, stops at about thirty feet away from his compatrients, places his hands on his hips and laughs a deep barreling laugh. "Ha, ha" He emoted, "Run in fear, rodent-man, run in fear!" He then turned and looked for the closest human-being around, bows from where he stood.

"My name is Wuli Bai; Terminator of rodents." Before returning to his compatriots wordlessly and staring at them.

9. - Top - End - #69

Magorah Starbright
    Magorah moves over to and picks up the Gunrat's discarded weapon.

Magorah Starbright
    VP: 11/11
    WP: 12/12
    SP: 15/19
    AC: 19 (Touch 16, FF 17) [+4 Mage Armor 1798]
    Saves: Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +5
    Last edited by Bitzeralisis; 2008-12-29 at 05:04 PM.
    ·Bitzeralisis·

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

Lessur, you quickly overtake the fleeing Lone Gunrat. The two of you are about a hundred feet from the rest of the group, and it is clearly not interested in fighting to the death anymore. It throws itself at your feet, shifting back to human form (a greasy-haired, dirty, skinny man with a ratty moustache). "Please, please spare me," he squeals. "I only did as they commanded! I didn't want to! Please don't kill me!"
    My latest homebrew: Majokko base class and Spellcaster Dilettante feats for D&D 3.5 and Races as Classes for PTU.

Currently Playing

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Lessur

(Rage)

the barbarian grabs the now-human by his dirty hair and rises his head high - from lessur feet to the chest. "You better plea for your life!" (puts the axe blade close to the ratman ear, but not touching it. each word he says, he makes a small swing, looking deep the fugitive eyes) "Stay (small swing) in (small swing) line (small, but harder, swing)! that's the only way you may survive".

carring the man by the back of his neck, the barbarian returns to the rest of the group. his other hand still grabs the axe pretty tightly. (occ: I'm sure the ratman will realize the human lost -6 str once the rage is ended...)
    Playing:

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

The wererat is babbling, now. In between the pleas for his life, you can hear something about a 'Speaker in Dreams', 'The Blessed', and 'West Hill'.
    Well now. This seems like something.

Currently Playing

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

(occ: we will question him properly once I'm back to the main group. no fun in doing anything alone. did someone secured the not-dead wererat?)
    Playing:

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

(*Poof!* You're with the main group.)

Currently Playing

15. - Top - End - #75

The battle-lust having passed by him, Shar nervously replaces his shield in its strap, disappointed for a few moments at not being able to participate in the battle further. Holding his long, curved blade in two hands, he steps forward, standing next to the were-rat, waiting for the group to find what they needed to know so they could dispatch the beast.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Lessur

The massive man trows the ratman in the gound, close to the rest of the party, for interrogation. "Now tell me what the hell were you doing here and why, or I WILL chop your legs off!!!"

intimidate: (1d20+9)[12]. I guess it would't even be needed...
    Playing:

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

"That's not worse than what the Blessed will do to me," the ratman sneered.

Currently Playing

18. - Top - End - #78

Shar's face contorts for a moment, and he shakes almost imperceptibly. Abruptly he stops, a cool, sadistic smile spreading across his face. He suddenly seems to carry himself with more confidence, and considerably more menace. He gives a low chuckle. "Oh yes, now I have control." He looks for a moment to the sword in his hand, then to the Rat man, grinning disconcertingly. He lightly nudges Lessur to one side, grasping his bastard sword in one hand, tightly. "Now, you listen, you thing. You are going to tell us whatever we want to know, or I am going to start cutting bits off of you. We have healing magic at our disposal... With a few spells, you could be kept alive for a very. Long. Time. I don't care whether or not personally, but if you decide to keep quiet... Well, I won't say that I won't enjoy it... Because I will. Immensely."

Spoiler
    Show

Intimidate
    (1d20+5)[11]
    Sonuvacrap. Oh well, I guess it's bit-cutting-off time.
    Last edited by Rettu Skcollob; 2009-01-12 at 01:29 AM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

The ratman chuckles darkly. "Maybe I'm going to enjoy it. Immensely."

Currently Playing

20. - Top - End - #80

Shar shrugs, admiring the beasts resilience, if nothing else. He hefts his sword, stepping forward "Like I said; I don't care either way." with a swift undercut stroke, he neatly severs the Rat's hand at the wrist, impassively watching as it falls to the floor. "I admire your resilience, Rat. But I'm not a patient man. So, are you going to tell us what we need to know, or do I continue?"

Spoiler
    Show

Intimidate
    (1d20+5)[13]

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Lessur (un-raged)

(occ: I'm somewhat surprised to see such a resistence from our little fellow, who a round before was talking like a parrot and beggig from his live... for now i'll try reverse psycology)

(deeply disapoited) "You did mention something about a "blessed one",a "speaker in dreams" and the "west hill". maybe that's enought to get us your commanders, that forced you to fight. maybe we will go there just to tell them you're a weak easy-talking traitor and that you're roaming around town wating for them. THEN, instead of the nice game my fried here is playing, you will have to face the terrible judgement of your blessed one, have you soul shattered in a billion pieces and trown to the deepest parts of the abyss in extremely horrible manners. Oh, you would be so regreatfull that you would *love* to have told everyting you know, and get killed right here, by him. (points to the dwarf and smiles)

so... tell us what we want or I will let you go!"
    Playing:

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

(... It's not my fault you've been rolling badly. Still, I like the threat of "Tell us what we want or we'll let you go!")

(Banad's Intimidate check succeeds. Violence makes the world go round. And has been known to provide a +2 circumstance bonus to certain skill checks.)

Screaming, holding the bloody stump of his hand, the ratman reassesses his priorities. "I don't know- she's- I met her in a bookshop, I couldn't take you there!"

Currently Playing

23. - Top - End - #83

Magorah Starbright

Magorah reappears with a resounding ping!, sighing.

"You couldn't take us there? Can you take us there now?" Magorah's words form slowly, his mind shuffling through immense knowledge, attempting to cross-reference the "blessed one," "speaker in dreams," and the "west hill" with his knowledge.

Arcane - (1d20+13)[25]
    Geography - (1d20+12)[27]
    Local - (1d20+12)[22]
    History - (1d20+11)[22]
    Planes - (1d20+9)[16]
    ·Bitzeralisis·

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

"I don't know where it is!" the ratman screams. Y'all can hear many bootsteps and armor jingling; the guard's gonna be coming 'round the corner any minute now.

Magorah, your thought-check with the ol' Internal Database of Factoids has resulted in the following: "Blessed One" probably isn't linked to any legitimate religion (IE: Those following the Argent Flame or its servants), "Speaker in Dreams" is probably a poetic way of describing a telepath, maybe some other spellcaster who likes to use the dream spell, and "West Hill" is the nearby wealthy district.

Currently Playing

25. - Top - End - #85

Magorah Starbright

"Who is this 'Blessed One' you speak of? The 'Speaker in the Dreams'? The girl? Are they the same person? What connection does this have with West Hill? Why did she hire you?" mumbles Magorah, more thinking than questioning.
    ·Bitzeralisis·

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

"Can you hear? -clang-clangs-boot-boots? the guards are coming, loking for YOU. Tell us what we want or we will let you go!!!"

(talking to the ratman, not to Magorah)
    Playing:

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

"I can't tell you what I don't know!" the ratman squeals, obviously more interested in Lessur's threats than Magorah's questions.
    The guards arrive at about that time, roughly a dozen in all. They're wearing lorica segmentata armor over tunics and pants, armed with revolvers and short swords. While most of them start talking to the merchants and taking notes on the scene, the one with sergeant's stripes on his shoulders walks up to you with obvious disgust on his face.
    "Wererats," he says. "I'm Sergeant Brody of the City Watch. I take it you gentlemen are responsible for containing this... mess?"
    Last edited by Solaris; 2009-01-17 at 05:36 AM.

Currently Playing

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

lessur

(to the sargent)
    "yes, we are... we do have this prisioner, and a unconcient one. all the others are dead. we'd like to interrogate him a bit more before turning him to you guys.. ahnn, do you know of any distinct bookshop in the "west hill"?"
    Playing:

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

You hear the crack of a rifle, a short, interrupted squeal, and then a sickening crunch as the guards finish off the other wounded wererat.
    "One prisoner," Brody corrected. "Be quick with this one, gentlemen; the law says I can't leave the scene with the werecreature left alive. I don't know nothin' about West Hill, though. I ain't been there much." He grins, showing a missing front tooth. Considering West Hill's the neighborhood around the university and an upper-class part of town, you can imagine he hasn't. Brody gets more somber. "Why? What has the creature told you?"

Currently Playing

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

lessur

(not so happy)
    "well, he babbled over "the blessed one" or "speaker in dreams" that he suposely met in a bookshop of "the west hill". I had no idea weretats visited bookstores in hills... the sorcerrer over here (points to Magorah) may know something about it, surely more than I figured.
    ahnnn... I supose you won't kill him - he surredered, and he's OUR prisioner. "
    Playing: