New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: 4E shape the game

When it came time for Ironshod's shift, he woke and stood watch as the rest slept through the night. Ironshod watched as the child searched through the others bags, but just before he was going to stop him he noticed the innocence of the act. He seemed to be preparing the food stolen from and for the group. Once Soveliss was awake Ironshod approached him and asked, in a lite tone and with an expressionless face, "Did you work out the division of spoils?"

2. - Top - End - #452
    Orc in the Playground

Soveliss

"You got it, Tin Man. Here's your take."
    Soveliss hands over the coins. "A little trust goes a long way. I'm no thief. Lets get a move on, we need to stop back at Mikali's house on our way to bring Billy home."
    Ferret in the Playground!

3. - Top - End - #453

[Ironshod]

Ironshod's left eyebrow, well as much as the bulge of metal over his left eye one could take as an eyebrow, migrates slowly up before he asks Soveliss, "Once we have returned the brooch, our services together seems to end. What is this business with... Billy?" Ironshod tone seems unsure and regretful.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Orc in the Playground

Soveliss

Soveliss shrugs. "Well, the original five of us were originally contracted to save Billy, but Aramil and Esquilo got cold feet, and you two put your lives on the line against those bandits same as us. I'd say you deserve whatever reward his father plans for us. The elf begins breaking camp. "As for further work together, it may be that we can again serve Lord Jukon in hunting down the rest of the bandits that ruined Mikali's life. We make a good team, and those bastards deserve to pay."

5. - Top - End - #455

[Ironshod]

Ironshod takes the coins putting them into his pouch, and to Soveliss's comment, he nods saying, "further work sounds acceptable."

6. - Top - End - #456
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Flint

"Agreed. The two of you have been invaluable to our group." Flint says as he helps break camp. When he gets a chance he gets his share from Soveliss, having no qualms with taking the gold that once belonged to thieves and vagabonds.
    Last edited by Poru93; 2009-02-27 at 06:35 PM.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Orc in the Playground

Soveliss

Kneeling down next to Billy, Soveliss puts a hand on the boy's shoulder. "I have to go break the trail for us to get you home. I want you to stay next to Flint, he'll keep you nice and safe. Okay?" Assuming Billy is okay with this, Soveliss stands and heads out, looking over at Dain. "You coming?"

8. - Top - End - #458
    Orc in the Playground

Lolita

Hearing the sounds of twigs snapping, Lolita rubs her eyes and looks up. Seeing the rest of the party moving up, she collects her belongings and joins them.

As she nears the rest of the party, she flicks the ring once, like a coin, and catches it vertically by the band, near her waist level.

In a relatively deep voice, she intones, "Ring of Understanding."
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Registry link

Lolita avatar by neoseph7!

Spoiler
    Show

Epic meter: |

9. - Top - End - #459
    Bugbear in the Playground

Billy nods and listens to what people are saying, taking in what was said and still trying to make sense of what has happened to him. As the elf tells him to stay close to the dwarf he nods in agreeance, moving towards flint, he whispers to him. I was planning on that already.

You proceed back towards Maliki's and walking the path going through the tall weeds, you don't have the problems with small creatures that you did earlier.

@Passise Perception 15
    Spoiler
    Show

You do notice that trailing behind you, maybe a good couple hundred feet is a few small humanoids. When you stop they stop and try to hide, they seem to be slinking along trying to be unnoticed.
    Never come between a Dwarf and his Ale
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

Awesome Runic Dwarf Avatar by Bayar

10. - Top - End - #460
    Orc in the Playground

Soveliss

The warlocks are too excitable, and Flint is taking care of Billy...
    Pulling Ironforged aside, Soveliss tells him in a low voice, "There are a few humanoids trailing us. The same goblins we fought yesterday, I think. They're probably harmless, but I'm going to sneak back and check it out. I can out-run them if I need to, just be ready if things go sour." Winking at the hunk of metal, Soveliss slips to the side of the trail, working his way slowly toward the following creatures, bow ready.

Spoiler
    Show

I don't know what the Perception DC for overhearing our whispers are, so remember that those words weren't meant for everyone!

Stealth-(d20+10)[19]
    Perception-(d20+13)[22]

11. - Top - End - #461

[Ironshod]

Ironshod nods to Soveliss and decides to suggest a rearrangement of the marching order. Ironshod stops as he lets everyone walks past him and he says to Dain, "Dain, will you walk with me?" With a slightly more serious tone as Lolita passes he asks her, "Lolita, Take the lead?" Finally as Billy and the Dwarf pass by he says to them, "Stay close to Flint, and Flint stay behind Lolita." Once they are all passed him, he draws his khopesh and holds it handle up as though he was examining it. As they continue walking he stops examining the weapon but he does not re-sheath it.
    Last edited by opakedragon; 2009-03-01 at 11:04 AM.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Orc in the Playground

[Dain]

After being called over by the large metal man, Dain quickly approaches. When the larger being pulls out his heavy curved blade, the little half-elf similarly draws his lighter sickle. As they walk, Dain dances around a little bit, endeavoring to both stay in the large shadow being cast as well as to similarly shadow each of Ironshod's actions.