New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Warglory, Liberators II

I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

Holding on for Dear life (1d20)[6] - Doh.

Stinky

Caught off guard the Bjartr is pitched sidelong into the inside of the APC, his heavy armor keeping him mostly safe. He slams into the bulkhead and slides to the floor.
    Last edited by Greyen; 2008-11-24 at 11:29 PM.
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

3. - Top - End - #273
    Barbarian in the Playground

The heavy vehicle takes all of this surprisingly well, it's great weight and a good dose of luck prevent it rolling over. The rear half in which you are all hanging on takes a thunderous impact, bucking the front around to face downhill as the sound of moving earth, collapsing limestone houses and a good deal of shouting fill the rear of what may become your coffin. It bucks again over a sudden drop, slams with force enough to crunch bones, throwing Slip, Stinky and a few others about like loose change. After some time the APC finally grinds to a halt, earth pouring over the roof as the rest of the landslide continues without it.

Senses are slow to return. The engines have died, dust billows about in the rear with you. There's groans and someone cursing, no light in here at all... leaving Speazy blind though it does not impair the dvergr. Dirt and dust are slowing dribbling in through the gun slits.

Curly curses, coughing dust. He clambers to his feet - must have come off his seat on the way down. "Blast it..." he coughs again "...report in. Who's injured?"

((Those who failed the check have some spranes and whatnot, otherwise not too bad. Speazy was the one who could cop it but he passed. Everybody is stunned.))
    Last edited by Shirocco; 2008-11-25 at 01:47 AM.

4. - Top - End - #274

Stinky

Groaning heavily Stinky extracts himself from the jumble of dwarves he had fallen into. Ugh, I'm okay. He groans, then command slaps him in the head again, Second, Status Report Pronto!

5. - Top - End - #275

BlackDragon

Poetry

"First, talk to me! Anyone hurt?" Poetry checks on his squad and reports any relevant injuries to Curly. It doesn't appear that anyone is hurt too badly, just a little banged up.

6. - Top - End - #276

PirateCaptain

Speak-Easy

Spoiler
    Show
    Jeez, everyone got fantastic rolls, I bet you I get a 1

Speak-Easy was lazing in his seat when the APC lurched. As soon as it began tipping he turned and grabbed for his radio and seat....

(d20)[2]

Spoiler
    Show
    !!! Very funny, not a 1, but a 2! Jesus, Speak-Easy's been getting a beating through the entire game although he did want to show everyone how tough humans are, looks like he'll either do it or die trying....

EDIT: I should really read the next page before posting to something. Didn't see that you had passed me, I don't mind taking the fall damage and if I die.... Well, just my luck!
    Last edited by Blockhead; 2008-11-25 at 10:44 AM.
    I drew this line myself

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"As far as I can tell..." Frenis growls, staggering to his feet, "Everything seems to be in order. Or at least, it ain't broke..."
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Ughhh, Slip groans as he collects himself. He disentangles himself from his gun and rises to his feet. Sorry, lads, yas ain't gonna be rid o' me that easy, he jokes.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

"Did someone get the name of that freight train that hit us?" Snakes says woozily, as he rises from the corner where he lay sprawled.

"We need to get outta here, sa.." Snake replies to Poetry, looking around for the door and budging it (but not opening) to see if it's still usable.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

((Frick. I'm going home for Thanksgiving, which means very little posting from me for the next 4-5 days. Um... I'll try to get online at a friend's house, but please don't kill of Frenis while I'm gone. ))
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

11. - Top - End - #281

((Since you asked so nicely...))

The door's thoroughly unresponsive, but as it's opened from the engine room that's no surprise. Curly thumps on the door to the engine room. "Hoy, what's happening in there?" he shouts.

There's some groans and cursing from the crew, dulled by the muffling between the engine room and the rest of the vehicle. Curly opens the door to find a very bruised and battered mechanic stirring on the metal floor. "Doc, check him out. Corporals, get the lads in order back here. Slip, us two had better check on the crew." says Curly as he moves forward then sticks his head out from the engine room - gosh he's ugly. "C'mon Doc, tank won't move till Greasy here does!"

Crash has lived up to his name. He'll need a bit of a wakeup. Ramble and Three Pegs are much the same.
    Last edited by Shirocco; 2008-11-25 at 06:15 PM.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Slip follows Curly through the door into the APC's interior.

Once up front, out of earshot of the troops, he asks, Any idea what tha hell that was?
    Last edited by RandomLunatic; 2008-11-25 at 06:47 PM.

13. - Top - End - #283

Curly grunts. "Howitzer."

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Oh. Slip felt a bit foolish. All the talk of trolls and fae earlier, and he had been expectign soem sort of spell or something.

Guess that answers that question.

15. - Top - End - #285

PirateCaptain

Spoiler
    Show
    Just so everyone's clear, I survived the crash.

Speak-Easy

Speak-Easy, groaning, picked himself up and was greeted by a huge scene of darkness. "Erm... guys, sir, I can't see anything. Is it dark or have I gone blind?" He said, surprisingly calmly. He made a mental note to check the radio later, it would be slightly futile to check it now with no visibility.
    I drew this line myself

16. - Top - End - #286

Doc Turtlemurdered

The Doc looked at Curly, then at the fallen Greasy.

"Hrm... Ah..." he mumbled to himself, as he negotiated the assorted garbage that had fallen with the APC on his way to the mechanic.

Assess - (1d20+13)[27]
    Aid - (1d20+13)[23]
    Aid - (1d20+13)[32]
    Aid - (1d20+13)[29]

17. - Top - End - #287

The mechanic's not too bad but he took quite a blow to the head... and the back, knee, elbow, chest... a stiff drink wakes him up a bit, while blood thickener would get the back of his head to stop bleeding it'd cloud his mind a bit too, which in a mechanic may be a bad way to go. Bandages look like a better bet, he won't need many. "Engines... neutral... they stalled anyway. Need to... crank over there... ouch! Hel's grace, easy wi' me Doc!" he splutters, cursing. "Someone... get that crank, start it. Where's Frisky?" he says. You may recall Frisky is the driver, or possibly a rat.

Up front in the fighting room standing amoung loose shells and scattered tools, Slip & Curly find the rest of the crew in various degrees of pain. The dauntless crew officer has got to his feet, holding an oiley rag to his brow to stop the bleeding. "Aye Leftenant, Sergeant. We're a bit beat up in here, how're your lads?"
    Last edited by Shirocco; 2008-11-25 at 09:08 PM.

18. - Top - End - #288

Stinky

Stinky walk around untangling folks and slapping those that are knocked out. Jus' no light Speazy, yer okay. He helps get everything sorted and folks back in their seats.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Far as I could tell, a bit sore an' awful shook up, but they'll get over it. Doc's on it now. Looks likes I should get one up here too. FRAGENSTEIN! UP FRONT!

He picks his way across the floor and continues, Rear hull's buried up ta tha gun ports at least. I'm hopin' things look better up here, peering through the driver's vision slit.

20. - Top - End - #290

The view slit shows what he already knew to some extent, the tank's angled with nose faced downhill. He can see lots of dust and not much else but there's light filtering through the dust cloud. View slit is above the dirt level.

21. - Top - End - #291

Stinky

Taking a look around the APC Stinky starts helping claen up the loose odds and ends that got rattled out of their compartmetns. Jinks help clean up this mess. The rest of you get yerselves in order, I think we may be off loading here.

22. - Top - End - #292

Doc Turtlemurdered

The Doc sets to work bandaging Greasy, while looking over the others.

"Easy there. Centre yourself first. Point out who needs to be up to get this thing on the road, and I'll get them first."

Odds were that there were no serious injuries at the moment, so the Doc decided to just focus on essential crew first. It still took time, after all.
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2008-11-26 at 06:18 AM.

23. - Top - End - #293

The crew are soon enough brought round. The sponson doors when tried refuse to open but it becomes apparent most of the tank is above the dirt... it's radio is out of order. With few other options the officer curses and turns to Slip. "We're not done yet. Get a couple of your lads in the engine room and help Greasy start the engines. Crusty, Chunker - sponsons in if you can, we're gonna try to move." says the crew officer. His lads get themselves moving, the driver clambers into position and it's all very crowded all of a sudden as crew try to take their places. Moving the entire fight room forward several meters to allow a large cargo hold didn't leave much room for spectators.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Slip does his best to keep out of the way. Frenis, Twitch! Help Greasy start tha engines-we're gettin' outta here!
    Last edited by RandomLunatic; 2008-11-26 at 12:30 PM.

25. - Top - End - #295

((Who are obviously not in today. Dragging.))

The engines are stubborn things. High torque, large block - these don't start easily. With persistance and constant stream of directions & curses from Greasy, Twich & Frenis get the cough of life out of both engines. They start with a bellow that spews exhaust into the air... plenty of it leaking into the engine room and through open doors into the rest of the tank. "Good, good well done now shove off and leave it to me, ya cackhanded pair of ninnies..." starts Greasy, herding them and Doc from the engine room. Up front the crew tolerate Slip and Curly. "Hang on tight... Frisky, take her forward." says the crew officer. Frisky uses the clutch pedal, pushes the gear lever for the single heavy gearbox forward and carefully moves the two drive levers forward as he lets the clutch out... the smell of exhaust & oil gets thick in here fast as a rumble like a giant clearing it's throat shakes through the entire vehicle. There's no movement yet. "More power, Greasy... and shut the doors for pity's sake!" calls the crew officer. There's curses from the engine room and the doors slam shut, muffling the engines to a dull roar.

Engine noise increases as Frisky applies more power. With the choke still wide open and the levers near full reach there's a slight shift in the tank before it lurches violently forward, banging heads in the fighting and engine rooms while jostling everybody in the cargo hold. Dusk glow floods into the cargo hold, annoying the dvergr and letting Speazy see at last. A cheer goes up in the fighting room even as the tank bumbles and bumps it's way through the dust cloud and over the top of the dirt from the landslide. "Apply the choke, Greasy - we're moving!" says the crew officer victoriously into the crew radio. "No bloody.... yessah, putting the lid on it." grumbles the voice back at him.

The APC stoicly blunders it's way down the loose dirt gathered at the bottom of the valley from the landslide, banging over the top of small things like boulders and the odd house sticking up. The dust cloud is thick and obscuring, Frisky is driving blind and he lets everyone know about it. "I can't see the end of my **** in this, sa! Where are we going?!" he calls out. The crew officer is searching through his own marginally wider view ports and replys suddenly. "Brake right!"

D20 to hang on, all. Slip & Curly are forced to stand hunched over in part of the fighting room, they take -2 on the roll.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

27. - Top - End - #297

PirateCaptain

Speak-Easy

At last Speak-Easy became fully aware of the situation as light slightly alluminated the APC. He was about to check his radio when the APC braked violently.

Spoiler
    Show
    Luck don't fail me now! Hang on! - (d20)[6]

EDIT: *Hits forum diceroller*
    Last edited by Blockhead; 2008-11-26 at 07:15 PM.
    I drew this line myself

28. - Top - End - #298

Platoon chart
    Spoiler
    Show

(First name is section leader)
    Command:
    Slip
    Curly (2ic)
    Speak-Easy (Radio) -4 melee, -1shotdie
    Doc (Stretcher) -1mel, -2aware

First:
    Poetry
    Frenis (Sharp) -1 melee
    Snake (Rifle) -1melee
    Crash (gren)
    Herbwest (1st Aider)
    Rifleman #1 (Fingers) -1 melee
    Rifleman #2 (3 Pegs)

Second:
    Stinky -2mel
    Tyrson (Sharp) -1melee, -2aware
    Twitch (Rifle)
    Ramble (LMG)
    Fragranstein (1st Aider)
    Rifleman #3 (Tiny)
    Rifleman #4 (Jinks)

Third:
    Hooky
    Lifter (LMG)
    Bang (Gren)
    Ripper (1st Aider)
    x3 Riflemen

1st Section formation
    Spoiler
    Show

Section marching order:

Poetry on Point
    Snake
    Frenis
    Crash
    Rifleman #1
    Herbwest
    Rifleman #2

2nd section formation
    Spoiler
    Show

Standard Wedge formation (basic diagram below for open area movement)

___________(point - Twitch)___________
    ----------Tiny-------------Ramble-------
    ------Tyrson------Stinky-------Jinks------
    ----------------1st Aid (Reddy)----------

Files for long tight areas
    --------Twitch
    Tiny----------
    --------Ramble
    Tyrson--------
    --------Stinky
    Reddy--------
    --------Jinks

Battle Buddy pairs for Clearing the shanty town
    Tyrson & Jinks
    Twitch & Tiny
    Ramble & Jinks
    Stinky & Reddy

Everyone cops a proper jostling then. Twitch, Herbest and Tyrson are thrown from their seats altogether while the rest barely hold on as the APC slews right sharply and grinds along dirt to bang it's side loudly into a limestone building. The poor sponson gunner is knocked senseless but everyone else recovers quickly, the APC rumbles forward a bit further before a stop is called. "Leftenant, we need to check these houses before trying to drive past them. I'll get Sparks to try the radio while you're out, take some flares from the hold on your way out - throw green in front of the tank for clear to proceed, red for retreat and white to stop. Walk in front with a helmet on a bayonet to talk to us if the radio's on the frits. Sound good to you, sa?"

When everyone's ready Curly gives the go signal - a few good whacks on the engine room door - and the ramp drops down. You're greeted with especially thick dust, it's hard to breath. Visibility 10m, buildings right - you can just make out a door and a window. Inside you'll find three men and a woman in civvies huddled together praying and see both a door into another ground floor room and a stairway up.

29. - Top - End - #299

BlackDragon

Poetry

The ride was rough, but Poetry hung on doggedly. Once it was over, he un-strapped from his seat and kicked his section into order, forming them up and leading them out of the APC to do the house-by-house clear that was required. Poetry paused to wet a handkerchief with some water from his canteen, before wrapping it around his mouth to keep some of the dust out. Then he looked expectantly at Slip, waiting for his orders.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

*Cough cough* 1st, clear tha ground floor. *Hack* 2nd upstairs. Speasy, try 'n calm tha civvies, an' ask 'em if they've seen anybody.