New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Total War 2250

1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Total War 2250

New Years day 2250 is a quiet one, it has been six months since the temporary Defense Union defeated the Niton fleet at the battle of Phobos.

Aside from the occasional pirate raid the system is quiet.

Territories (in distance from Sun)
    Spoiler
    Show

Sun
    Spoiler
    Show
    Military
    Nexus +++

Espionage
    Nexus ++

Mercury
    Spoiler
    Show
    Space Military
    BHOP+
    9th+
    Papacy +

Land Military
    Papacy+
    OD+
    Espionage
    Papacy+
    Hand +
    OD+

Venus
    Spoiler
    Show
    Space Military
    BHOP+
    9th+

Earth
    Spoiler
    Show
    Land Military
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arch++
    NRE +++++
    9th++
    UAL +++++
    MT++++
    UNE ++++++
    The Hand ++
    Dags +++
    OD+++

Space Military
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arch +++++
    BHOP ++
    Papacy ++++++++
    9th++
    UEL +++
    MT++++
    UNE+++
    Children +++
    OD++

Espionage
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arch +++++++
    NRE +++++
    UEL +++++
    Papacy+++
    MT++++
    UNE +++++++
    Hand +++++++
    Children 10
    OD++++

Moon
    Spoiler
    Show

Land Military
    Papacy +++
    UEL +
    OD+

Espionage
    Papacy +++
    UEL ++
    Hand ++
    OD+

Mars
    Spoiler
    Show
    Space Military
    BHOP++
    Papacy+
    9th+
    MT++

Land Military
    Papacy+
    OD +

Espionage
    Papacy+
    Hand +
    OD+

Phobos

Deimos
    Spoiler
    Show

Land Military
    9th +

Asteroid belt
    Spoiler
    Show
    Military
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arch +
    NRE++
    Silver Belt 10
    BHOP +++
    Papacy ++
    9th++

Espionage
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arch +
    NRE+
    Papacy+
    Silver Belt 4
    Hand 3

Jupiter
    Spoiler
    Show
    Space Military
    BHOP+
    9th+
    UEL +++

Io

Europa
    Spoiler
    Show

Land Military
    Europa 10

Space Military
    Europa 5

Espionage
    Europa 3
    Hand 1

Ganymede
    Spoiler
    Show
    Land military
    9th+

Callisto

Lesser moons
    Spoiler
    Show
    Space Military
    Two Moons ++

Espionage
    Two Moons +
    Hand +

Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Space Military
    BHOP++
    9th+

Titan
    Spoiler
    Show
    Land Military
    NRE ++
    BHOP++

Space Military
    NRE +
    BHOP+++

Lesser Moons
    Spoiler
    Show
    Space Military
    Two Moons ++

Espionage
    Two Moons +

Ring

Uranus
    Spoiler
    Show
    Space Military
    BHOP+
    9th+
    Niten ++++

Miranda,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Land Military
    Niten +
    9th+

Espionage
    Niten +

Ariel,
    Spoiler
    Show

Niten +

Espionage
    Niten +

Umbriel,
    Spoiler
    Show

Niten +

Espionage
    Niten +

Titania
    Spoiler
    Show

Niten +

Espionage
    Niten +

Oberon

Lesser Moons

Neptune
    Spoiler
    Show
    Space Military
    BHOP++
    9th+
    Niten +++++

Espionage
    Niten ++

Triton
    Spoiler
    Show
    Land Military
    Niten +

Espionage
    Niten +

Lesser Moons
    Spoiler
    Show
    Land Military
    Niten ++

Espionage
    Niten +

Dwarf Planets
    Spoiler
    Show
    Space Military
    BHOP++
    9th+
    Niten+
    UT +

Espionage
    UT+

Ceres

Pluto

Makemake

Eris

Kupier Belt
    Spoiler
    Show
    Space Military
    BHOP+
    9th+
    UT++

Espionage
    UT++

Oort Cloud
    Spoiler
    Show
    Military
    UT+

Espionage +

NPC Nations
    Spoiler
    Show

The Black Hand Syndicate
    Spoiler
    Show

The Black Hand Syndicate was originally a small time gang, called the Handy Men, on the lower east side of Moscow. Their leader known only as Boss led them to take more and more turf in the city. As time progressed they devoured more and more rival gangs. By 2180 they controlled almost all the turf in Russia.

Boss then called together the heads of major criminal organizations together form around the world. In secret they formed the first Council of Thirteen. The council with Boss as their leader began muscling out all of the competition. They set standards on drugs, and established prices. They pooled their resources and bribed thousand of dirty official into looking the other way.

Within months 95% of all the worlds organized crime was under the thumb of the Black Hand. But as they say the world is not enough. The Hand began bringing crime off world.

By 2250, they have control of almost all the systems petty crime and illegal trafficking. They have hidden bases throughout the system, these bases crank out every drug imaginable. From the classics like meth, coke, pcp, heroin and spiritus to the really hard stuff like Burn and Spice.

While the Syndicate has no army and no official land, it is incredibly wealthy and has the ear of almost every crooked official humanity has to offer.

Stats
    Foreign Opinion +
    Moral +++
    Tech +++
    Economy +++++
    Military 2
    Espionage 17

Dagwood Reservation
    Spoiler
    Show

Stats
    Foreign Opinion +
    Moral +++++
    Tech +
    Economy ++
    Military 3
    Espionage 0

The Children of Zarathustra
    Spoiler
    Show

In 2128 this group of Zoroastrian psions created their own nation. They have always been secretive, but in the last few decades they have rarely been seen outside of Zoroperisia. There are rumors of a huge selective breeding system set in place to create, "The Sum of All Men". Despite their secretive nature, they are often willing to rent out the services of their highly trained psions to other nations with a need for discretion.

Stats
    Foreign Opinion +++
    Moral +++++
    Tech ++
    Economy ++
    Military 3
    Espionage 10

All Solar Nexus
    Spoiler
    Show

The All Solar Nexus is descended from several of the first space corporations. Their major export is food products to the belt and the hungry masses of Earth. In 2200 several space mining corporations were devoured by Megalith Inc. After all he mergers the All Solar Nexus was created. Most of Nexuses holdings are near the sun. They have both major shipyards, and a large number of framing stations. Most of their fleet was destroyed in the battle of Phobos. They now rely heavily on thier former subsidiary the 9th, for protection. Their space yards are now mostly inactive, but they still produce the Dromedary Class bulk freighter.

Stats
    Foreign Opinion ++++
    Moral ++++
    Tech ++++
    Economy +++++
    Military 3
    Espionage 2

PC nations
    Spoiler
    Show

The Arch Society (Rational Goblin)
    Spoiler
    Show

Stats
    Foreign Opinion- ++
    Moral- ++
    Economy +++
    Tech +++++ (sorry about that editing error)
    Military 8
    Espionage 12

NRE (LongVin)
    Spoiler
    Show

Stats
    Foreign Opinion- ++
    Moral- ++++
    Economy ++++
    Tech ++++
    Military 10
    Espionage 6

The Silver Belt
    (Eldan)
    Spoiler
    Show

Stats
    Foreign Opinion- ++++
    Moral- +++
    Economy ++++
    Tech ++++
    Military 10
    Espionage 4

New Sovereignty of Europa (semerick)
    Spoiler
    Show

Stats
    Foreign Opinion- +++
    Moral- +++++
    Economy +++
    Tech +++
    Military 15
    Espionage 3

Brotherhood of Pirates
    (Syst3mfresk101)
    Spoiler
    Show

Stats
    Foreign Opinion- +
    Moral- +++
    Economy ++
    Tech ++
    Military 23 (Pirate vessels throughout the system, but no actual fleet.)
    Espionage 0 (3 defensively everywhere, due to decentralized command structure)

Space Pope (Puppyavenger)
    Spoiler
    Show

Stats
    Foreign Opinion- ++++
    Moral- ++++
    Economy ++++
    Tech +++
    Military 15
    Espionage 11

The Ninth Company
    (TheJJ)
    Spoiler
    Show

Stats
    Foreign Opinion- ++
    Moral- ++++
    Economy ++
    Tech +++
    Military 19 (Mostly tied up in defense contracts. Also fast ships, but many BHOP pirate, and Hand smugglers are faster.)
    Espionage 0 (3 defensively due to member devotion)

United American League (Greystone)
    Spoiler
    Show

Stats
    Foreign Opinion- ++
    Moral- +++++
    Economy +++++
    Tech +++
    Military 12
    Espionage 7 (always a minimum of five due to Hivemind)

Niten Ichi Teikoku (Pumpkin3.1415)
    Spoiler
    Show

Stats
    Foreign Opinion- ++
    Moral- +++
    Economy ++
    Tech ++++
    Military 18
    Espionage 8

The Dual Moons (Emperor Demonking)
    Spoiler
    Show

Stats
    Foreign Opinion- ++++
    Moral- +++++
    Economy +++++
    Tech ++++
    Military 4
    Espionage 2

The Machine Technocracy (Sayn)
    Spoiler
    Show

Stats
    Foreign Opinion- +
    Moral- +++++
    Economy +++
    Tech +++++
    Military 10
    Espionage 4

Union of Northern Europe UNE (Moral Wiz)
    Spoiler
    Show

Stats
    Foreign Opinion- +++++
    Moral- +++
    Economy +++++
    Tech +++
    Military 11
    Espionage 7

United Traders
    (Mizka)
    Spoiler
    Show

The United Traders is a trading bloc. They operate in the outer system, primarily the Oort Could and the Kupier Belt.

Stats
    Foreign Opinion- +++
    Moral- ++
    Economy +++++
    Tech +++
    Military 4
    Espionage 4

Opus Dei (OD) (Moechi_Vill)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Opus Dei is a number of organizations under a common umbrella working to advance the myriad causes of Christianity, such as:

The Knights of St John, aka the Knights of Malta (to repel Infidels)
    The Knights Templar (to advance the science and material welfare of the people of God)
    The Teutonic Order (to expand the territorial reach of the Church)
    The Kingdom of Jerusalem (to set up an independent state for Opus Dei)
    The Knights Hospitalers (to protect pilgrims and sites of worship)
    Flora Dei (to serve the people of God through charity. The Domestic Branch so to say.)
    Minimus Dei (the (tip) of the little finger of God was the idea I had but coming up with 'pinky God' seemed as complicated as a name should be... basically the espionage branch)

It might be difficult to set up stats for each of them, so I'm ok with the different stats reflecting different branches of the organization. :)

Stats
    Foreign Opinion: Flora Dei
    Moral: Also Flora Dei
    Economy: The Teutonic Order
    Tech: The Teutonic Order
    Military: The Knighs of St John/Malta (defensive) and the Teutonic Order (offensive) and the Kingdom of Jerusalem (independent territories)
    Espionage: Minimus Dei

Stats
    Foreign Opinion- ++++
    Moral- ++++
    Economy + (hand to mouth)
    Tech ++++
    Military 8
    Espionage 7
    Last edited by Odin the Ignoble; 2008-11-10 at 11:05 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: Total War 2250

Orders, sir?
    Call up the meeting. All the captains, Alsa, Jamlamin.
    Yes commander.
    Alright, I just got the updates. We need to centralize. Pull in. I want just four battle groups from now on. The Ceasar will stay over Earth. Captain Sulyard, the Lee is to pull together the Venus forces over Mercury, and stay on hand for the Nexus jobs. The Rommel will stay out here in the belt. The rest I want over Ganymede, understood?
    He waits for the lag. There is disjoined assent.
    Good. We'll leave some forces out on the trade lanes, waiting for contracts, but I want us to be ready for a real job again. Oh, Sergeant Major. Keep up the recruitment. We'll need new pilots. And ah... be ready to move.
    Spoiler
    Show
    All forces out from Miranda are to move to Miranda. Once they're together, they will move to Ganymede.
    Recruiters with dakka on hand will be going into the Reservation. They'll be looking for recruits. ("Follow me, and I get you more dakka.") This will be in addition to a recruitment push in the overpopulated parts of the world.
    Last edited by The_JJ; 2008-11-08 at 11:49 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

The Dual Moons looked at their neighbours and felt bad for them. Didn't their neighbours understand that their lives would be far better if the lived in The Dual Moons. Didn't they understand if their lives would be better if they joined their duel moons.

In order to correct this incredible problem, the Duel Moons sent a representitive to their two closest democratic neighbours in order to petition a move into the Dual Moons.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

The two warriors looked at each other, then to the situation around them. Surrounding them were dozens of Defense Union Power Suits and Warbots, either cut to pieces or simply bludgeoned into submission. Interspersed were the bodies of brave Niten Samurai, who, after one final push, finally were able to overtake the enemy's command center on Phobos.

"Well, Shibata...looks like we did it. Today, Phobos, and tomorrow...we go back home. A pity that they thought they could overcome the best, eh?"

Shogun Musashi, a legendary warrior who took no sides during the Unification war, looked at the swords still humming in his hands, coated with blood and power suit lubricant. He looked to his comrade, Oda's best general Shibata, who hefted an arm of some robot as a weapon after his own blade had shattered. The two men were exhausted, but pleased with their amazing triumph.

"I hate to say it, Musashi, but I don't think we're going to get to see earth again. Look."

Colossal shadows overtook the remaining Niten forces on the ground. Above them, Defense Union Fleet reinforcements had finally arrived, and began to cut through the Niten battleships. Musashi looked on as four Atakebune Class warships left the battle. Suddenly, burst of light erupted in the Phoban sky as barrages of fire came down almost as if from the heavens themselves. In his final moments, the only word Musashi could muster was:

"Cowards...."

Daimyo Takeda awoke with a shout. It had been six months since Phobos, but he was still having nightmares about the loss of some of the greatest warriors that the Niten Ichi had. Wiping the sweat off his brow, he quietly rose from his bed so not to wake his wife, and made his way to the command center of the Furinkazan. There, holo-projections of Daimyos Oda and Uesugi were already streaming, along with that of the Emperor Minamoto himself.

"Nice of you to finally join us, nemesis. Should the Emperor have made better plans to fit in with your schedule better?"

"Uesugi, for the last time, while you two are speaking with me, you are to at least try to maintain an air of civility between you two! Understand?" The Emperor's voice echoed the center as Takeda began sending his feed.

"Yes, my lord. Now, what is it you wish to discuss?"

Calm and collected, Daimyo Oda begins to speak, displaying information and figures in front of his image.

"It seems we have an offer from the UNE to begin a trade pact with them. They have a gate to Earth and the Inner Belt region, and they in return want some of our technology. It could bolster our poor economy, at least a little bit."

"And you trust the UNE, Oda?"

"I do, although I don't know if my colleagues do as well. They helped me greatly during the Unification, and I believe them to be at least somewhat on the level."

"And what about you two? Does this sound like a good deal?"

"A trade pact with Earth would break away from our increasing goal of maintaining an isolationist policy, sir."

"Yes, but it's not like we're signing a formal alliance. We could really use the money to buy back some of our old mining facilities, perhaps. That'd generate us a lot more profit in the long run."

"Well put, Takeda...Oda, you are to go find out more about this deal. If it meets with your specifications, you have my blessing to set up and agreement with them. I leave it to your discretion."

"Of course. Thank you, my lord."

Another voice begins transmitting at the meeting of the four men, although there is no holographic projection.

"Just don't give away all of our toys, Oda. I've worked too hard to see my work sold off to those European sophisticate-types. I left Earth for a reason, and it wasn't to get close to people I don't have a lot of respect for. Ever since Cornerstone died, that place has been going to Hell in a handbasket."

"Well, Izuna, I'll be sure to keep that in mind. Now, why don't you get back to work in that damned little facility of yours and continue not telling us what you're doing?"

"Bah. No vision, Oda. No vision at all."
    Last edited by Pumpkin3.1415; 2008-11-08 at 01:39 PM.
    Vanguard of the Horace Greenhilt fan club. Pretend there's a smiley and get off my back...

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Isabella stands in front of a crowd of millions, in the square of the rebuilt Washington DC, it shows on any satellite willing "People of the UAL. My mother was a brilliant leader, but she had her flaws. This great nation has been skulking in the shadows for too long, still overcome by their anger at their loss. I seek to change that by bringing the UAL into the future. I offer trade agreements with all our allies of old and the nations of today. Unfortunatly our nation has been seen as a opponent, or even a bloodthirsty enemy by many in the world, Well I here and know proclaim my urge for peace. Very soon the name of the UAL will not be a synonym for fear or hatred. The UAL will once again prove its right to bear the rank of the a true and productive nation. I urge all other nations to accept by proposed peace and trade proposals, even you people of the NRE, I am willing to set aside our differences to hurdle us in to the future."

The crowd cheers and claps in their approval, Isabella smiles and exits the podium.

To Luna
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hello, I am Dr. Amy Mayer, Chief of Social Economics. The UAL has been divided by Central America for too long. We wish to build a type of "Super Highway" connecting both North and South America. I was hoping that you would agree. Both nations could prosper from this, as trade will once again flow through the Central countries

Actions in the Belt
    Spoiler
    Show
    A large construction ship enters the belt within a days travel from another colony. They set up Pendragon Base, and begin mining and trade with the Silver Belters.

TO UNE
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is Supreme One Isabella, In the days before my mothers actions, our two nations were friends. I would like to regain some of the trust that she lost. I propose open trade between our two nations, and perhaps I could meet with a representative to discuss our futures.

To Niten Ichi
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is Kyle Stryker, of the UAL's War and Logistics board. The UAL is interested in opening diplomatic ties with a nation such as yourself. If you could meet us a Jupiter base, we could discuss trade and other...helpful actions for the future
    Last edited by Greystone; 2008-11-08 at 01:03 PM.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

UAL
    Spoiler
    Show

This is Arch-deacon Herrena. I speak for the Network of arch-deacons.
    We'd accept that, on the condition of being able to check anyone who exits the highway. as such, they'll be a 7ft wall around it, to discourage criminals from using it as a getaway. with that in mind, we accept
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

UAL
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is Prime Minister Horreson. Good to hear from you, Isabelle.

Whilst it will be hard for us to trust you, we must recognize the fact that the UAL is more and more becoming something along it's old lines. A dictatorship you may be, but one by popular consensus, and one whose people are happy in their lot.

We accept such trade, and talks would be fine by us. Also, would you wish to route your space transportation through Waygate? Something of the sort could be arranged, and it would be useful for you, as they work well for earth-space transport

Oh, and we've added a few words behind the scenes. Doors are now opened for you. Looking for a long and prosperous future!
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

In Auromar, Histantos Illist, Aasimar Warlock.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

UAL
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Mr...Stryker, was it? I am Daimyo Oda Nobunaga, and I handle the diplomatic matters of the Niten Ichi Empire. We would be more than willing to meet you for a...simple discussion of current affairs between two sovereign nations. If you wish, I can leave immediately.
    Vanguard of the Horace Greenhilt fan club. Pretend there's a smiley and get off my back...

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

LUNA
    Spoiler
    Show
    That is acceptable Arch Deacon. How about the offer for trade? We honestly want to start favorable ties with other nations

UNE
    Spoiler
    Show
    I understand that my Mothers actions may have been wrong, and I accept your distrust. I honestly want to start anew.

Meetings can be your call, you pick the time and place, and I will be there.

As to waystation you would have to brief me on the ramifications of that

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cargo ships begin trade with the Nations of the UNE. Construction workers begin to create the road
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

UAL
    Spoiler
    Show
    [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Excellent.

in other news, a large chunk of nations are considering reviving the NUN, At the UNE's request, the group has agreed to offer you membership. are you interested? [/COLOR
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

UAL
    Spoiler
    Show
    Simple. Instead of you sending ships straight into space, you can route shipping, through our services, via Waygate.

There's a modest price for hiring a dock, a small charge per landing, paying for Space Traffic Control, and cargo has to be checked ad pass inspection, to ensure no one's smuggling bombs. But there's no tax, and you'll be saving money. The costs to ship something to Waygate are minimal, and will slash the costs of shipping the rest of the distance, as you won't have to use half so much fuel on escaping Earth Orbit
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

12. - Top - End - #12
    Colossus in the Playground

The Silver Belt

Midas hummed as he walked along the outer wall of the spinning habitat, looking at the neatly trimmed lawn curving upwards into the sky in front of him. The other belters had agreed that controlling the UAL actions in the base would fall into the hands of the Aurum XII habitat and his team.
    So far, they hadn't found anything extraordinary, but, as open as one wanted to be, the UAL was still seen as a liability by a great many belters.
    Columns of brightly-coloured numbers quickly flickered across his arm as the fluorescent nano-implants underneath displayed specifications and data. Well, all seemed well enough so far.

UAL:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Belters politely ask to inspect the new station before it's put into action. To do so, they send Aurum XII in a close orbit, a habitat specializing on detection technology.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2008-11-08 at 02:22 PM.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

13. - Top - End - #13
    Bugbear in the Playground

NRE

History:
    Spoiler
    Show

The New Roman Empire

Territories: Italy, Croatia, Corsica, San Marino, Vatican City, Turkey, Malta, Cyprus, Albania, Greece

Solar Territories: Asteroid belt bases(some are secret installations), Base/research center on Titan.

Following the liberation of Rome and the rest of the Empire's holding and the shaky peace that followed, the new Imperial Senate quickly went into efforts to rebuild the infrastructure and the economy of the country. Programs were enacted to bring the country back up to speed in terms of economic and technological development. In contrast to the Umberto years, technology was encouraged to be developed on all fronts even if they didn't have a military function.

The Cult of Umberto***I'm thinking up a more official name, taking suggestions*** and the Prophets of the Red Star merge together into one body with Umberto worship being deemed the official religion of state and that the new Church will have an intimiate part in running the nation with almost no seperated between Church and State.

While most of the military was downsized following the peace in order to put more men into the work force in its place was formed the Holy Office of the Inquisition, like its Catholic Church counterparts these men were responsible to ensure that the will of the God-Emperor be done. These highly trained men are responsible for the defense of the Church(and by extension the state) as well as also helping to carry out justice to outlaws and heretics. While not monks and priests like the Catholic Inquisition, the Umberto Inquisition works closely with monastic movements throughout the Empire and throughout the Church in order to bring them new initiates as well as gain new members.

For the most part the next 100 years brought a large deal of prosperity to the the newly restructured NRE. More people came to the Church of Umberto as the government gave more and more to the people leaving little need for the Inquisition to use a heavy hand. A strong technology industry and a good economy allowed for the NRE to launch its first solar missions to Tita where a research center was established, this was followed by numerous other missions establishing presences throughout the Sol system.

Though, there were times of struggle. In 2210, the Empire was wracked witha near civil war as the still young religion, and scripture-light church was wracked with internal strife. For years there have been two seperate ways of thought on how to approach the divinity of the Eternal-Emperor Umberto. One group, and arguably the first to form believed that Umberto was just a man chosen by God to be his prophet, making Umberto a Saint. To them, Umberto came to warn the people of the Time of Troubles and attempted to avert them. The other group, which came about just after the start of the "Time of Troubles" began and the believed that Umberto was god incarnate and that his "death" was the source of the Time of Troubles. Both groups however believed that the liberation of Rome, was the restoration of God's peace and love to mankind, most due to the self sacrifice of the worshippers of Umberto and the Prophets of the Red Star.

Starting as just dogmatic disagreement between individual churches and priests, it soon escalated in full blown battles between the sects. Not even the Inquisition was free of strife, with members claiming allegiance to both sects. The only thing preventing the entire nation from being plunged into civil war was the nominally secular Imperial military being used to protect government institutions. The Imperial army however was unable to intervene within the internal war of the Church and had to let them fight it out.

Over the next 5 years, both sides launched vicious attacks against the others churches and monasteries, burning books and scriptures that they believed was heresy. The god-emperor sect slowly gained the upperhand rooting out the "saintest." The war also produced the pointless, and largely illogical raiding and capturing of Vatican City by the followers of the god-emperor. Why this was conducted? No one is exactly sure, some say it was too establish a religious powerbase for the Church and others claim is was just to seize the valuables within the ancient city. <<<<<If we have a Papal player, I'll be willing to work out the details of this with you. It would be an interesting point of conflict.>>>>>>>

With most of their forces, churches and monasteries destroyed, the saintest sect finally capitulated after 5 years. The practioners at the defeated church were fined by the triumph Inquisition for their role in supporting the heresy, and the leaders were either executed or brainwashed into supporting the new dogma. The now strongly united Church, using the old Vatican city as its base convened a council to assure that no major heresy can ever strike Church or State again. The council would soldify the dogma and scripture of the Church of Umberto, as well as increasing the powers of the Inquisition. A spiritual leader of the Church was appointed, Prince Amedeo, a member of House Savoy and a cousin to God-Emperor was named "Prophet of Umberto" and given final say on all matters relating to the faith.

Added: The growing number of converts throughout Europe(and even spreading to other parts of the world) allowed for new nations to pledge their allegiance to the New Roman Empire through peaceful referendums once the Church of Umberto obtained a majority or close to a majority within the nations. Within the past 15 years, Malta, Crete, Albania and Greece have all willingly joined with the NRE. And, just recently, Turkey, the last nation not to be associated with a power bloc accepted the way of Umberto, somewhat reluctantly and joined with the NRE.

Key players of the NRE:

The God-Emperor Umberto: While officially dead, Umberto is the eternal head of state of the New Roman Empire. He is worshipped as a god and it is believed that he will one day return to Rome to lead the Church, Empire and mankind into a golden age.

The Imperial Senate: The senate serves as the legislative body of the Empire, responsible for the day to day runnings of the Empire as well as the Imperial military. The senate is largely influenced by the Church of Umberto, but it maintains itself as a seperate entity responsible for the more mundane matters of the state.

Prince Amedeo, Prophet of Umberto: The aging leader of the Church of Umberto, he is the spiritual leader for all Umberto worshippers across the solar system. He is largely believed to be even the real ruler of the New Roman Empire with his word having the power of the God-Emperor behind it. He has been the head of the Church for over 35 years now even as his health has begun to fail, there is much concern over who will replace him. Some in the church say that another relative of the god-emperor must be chosen, of which there are a few in the Church. Others claim that any high ranking church member should able to claim the title Prophet of Umberto. There is a strong fear that another civil war will take place.

Grand Inquisitor Rudoph Tolwyn: Tolwyn, a tyrol German-Italian serves as the current Grand Inquisitor for Church and State. Tolywn has run the Inquisition ruthlessly vastly improving its military and intelligence services even expanding into space and creating several new religious martial orders. The Inquisition is often to believed to be stronger than the true Imperial military. While the Inquisition is deemed part of the state, the Senate has no control over it. Likewise, the Inquisition and Tolwyn are not supposed to have any control over the Imperial military, however Tolwyn's power does allow him to arrest any member of the Imperial military, including generals for heresy, though this power has rarely been used for obvious reasons.

Spacial expansion: Colonies and Star Bases

The Imperial Senate today has approved new measures in an attempt to help eliminate the massive overpopulation that currently exists on Earth and within the New Roman Empire.

1. Creation of a large orbital space station: Nemi Station will be a large scale star base positioned in a Geosyncronous orbit over the Med. It's primary focus will be to serve as a waystation between Terrestrial Imperial positions and installations throughout the system. To facilliate this, Nemi station will feature a large living space able to accomodate many thousands of citizens as well as numerous shipyards and factories. Nemi station will be defended by both the Inquisition and the Imperial military and a wide array of weapons will be deployed to the station to keep would be attackers at bay.

The station will be constructed with a combination of public and private money.

2. Expansion of Titan: Titan base will be prepped to expand into a full scale colony. Engineers on Titan will begin construction of new living modules for colonists. On Earth, the NRE will be establishing a program to allow citizens to sign up to be part of the first wave of colonists. If the number exceeds the governmental transport limit of 250,000, a lottery will be set up to determine who will be in the first wave of colonists. Additionally, anyone who signs up and doesn't make the lottery will be given the chance to book private passage on one of the Empire's civilian liners if they can so afford it.

If this program is succesful, which it is believed that it will be there are plans to follow it with an additional expansion of Titan as well as the construction of new colonies throughout Sol.

Church of Umberto announces missionary expansion: Prince Amedeo, Prophet of Umberto has decided to allow a large scale missionary movement to begin in Eastern Europe. This was done at the behest of the numerous monastic orders who believe that the spreading of the faith is a necessary step before the return of the God-Emperor.

New monasteries and Churches will be formed throughout Yugoslavia, Macedonia, and Bulgaria. The word of the God-Emperor will be spread to the unenlightened masses of these territories where they will not only be promised the splendors of the afterlife but also the chance to be freed from the bounds of Earth by joining the Church so they can become eligable to join one of the Monastic orders in space or be allowed to settle in an Imperial colony.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Try a little more prosey kind of way of doing things. Put your actions in spoilers. More... showing, not telling.

Oh, and proof read.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground

Post Re: Total War 2250

United traiders

Today me Miniaanri the lord of the United traider's walked in my ship nervosly
    because this days challengin work. I were had to create senate which consisting
    from 15 men good men one of them would be chosed to second highest leader of my senate. The senator entered to my cabin and after little conversation with the I asked other's to leave but except one of them Mahdilius wich would be the highest senator in my senate.

"Mahdilius" I said and continued "i have chosed you to be the highes senator in my senate"

"What?" Mahdilius asked

"Yes i have chose you to take that job" I answered

"Yes yes i understand... But why me?" Mahdilius

"Because you are the cleverest and bravest aspirant for that" Miniaanri

"Now go. Fill your duty and will you give my order to naval that they will start equip them selves for trading in solar system. Tell them to build more cargo space ships". Miniaanri end's the conversation and shows Mahdilius to go.
    Spoiler
    Show
    actions:rising the moral and economy

To all
    Spoiler
    Show
    I offer trading partner ship to all whose intrested

Sorry about that upper post and ty for the_jj

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LongVin View Post
    NRE

he means mine

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

United Traders
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you can provide the ships, and protection, the UNE is open for trade. Interested?
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moral Wiz View Post
    United Traders
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you can provide the ships, and protection, the UNE is open for trade. Interested?
    To UNE
    Spoiler
    Show

I'll can't provide ships now but my soldiers are loyal to you if whe start trading
    but when i get something to sell and trade. Sure i sell ships (when i get) ;) we can talk about prize of them now ;D

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

One! Two! One! Two! Oh come on, my grandfather's brother could do better than that! Again!
    Sir yes sir! the recruit belted out in between gasps.
    Less yapping more working. One! Two! That's it. Corperal, take over.
    Sir. Alright recruit, you did it so well last time, I want to see you do it again. One! Two!
    The shouts faded behind the Sergeant as she entered her office. Someone was waiting. Hello Ozy.
    Alsa.
    What's the new news?
    The Kin that joined up last week are coming along well.
    You do realize that you are supposed to be in charge of all the recruits in the Maldives?
    What can I say? We're very pack oriented. he shrugged, and grinned.
    Yeah, just so long as it's the Ninth Pack of the Company, ok? Now try again Ozy, what's the new news. Sergeant Mina Alsa Sufe
    I was getting there. Nothing special to report. I've got another squad trained up and ready to ship out.
    Good. You got the plans? The Kin nodded. Good. I've got to go change for a meeting. Somehow I think sweaty fatigues just won't cut it.
    Who are you going to go meet?
    What? Oh, either my great-uncle or my namesake. Now shoo, Oz. I gotta change.
    Yes Sergeant.

(this is mostly fluff, so you can go ahead and ignore it...)
    Last edited by The_JJ; 2008-11-08 at 04:46 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

UT
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC... err... your an orbital power, and trading group. You haven't got any sort of trade fleet? WHAT? How do you propose to trade then?

And if you've got economy, you've got stuff to trade, if only consumer durables.
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-11-08 at 04:44 PM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Mina Horrenson speaks on Overpopulation

The UNE executive fully recognizes the problems caused by overpopulation. Naturally, colonization efforts in Antarctica are to be stepped up, as is re-settlment in Japan. However, the major answer to the problems is, of course, the solar colonies.

Therefor, we wish to announce publicly, that transport and re-settlement programs to all existing colonies is available, via Waygate, courstasy of the UNE. Fees are minimal, designed to account for transport costs rather that to turn a profit for the UNE. Private re-settlement programs are welcome to open up opperation, and you may be eligible for a dock on Waygate. Contact us.

Cornerstone's death

Today marked the 30 year anniversary of Prime Minister Cornerstone's death. The man once hailed as the great champion of democracy and founder of the Union passed away overnight, having refused Ghosting treatment. In celebration of the life of a true hero of the UNE, parades and parties take place throughout UNE territory, the mood getting up-beat as people start ever more doing what Cornerstone did, all those years ago. Looking to the future..
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

we are always interested which comes to selling wy the heck we are United trader’s ^^

23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

To UNE

Spoiler
    Show
    of course we have ship’s for trade but not for sale sry if you misunderstand me sometimes (bad english) sry

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

UT
    Spoiler
    Show
    But you've got nothing to sell, worth that sort of trip?

How about buying? It still stimulates the economy, and probably works better? I can sell you stuff from Earth.

Edit; Ah, now I've got you. So, now it's just a question of what to buy and sell. And what price you want.

You'r a long way from earth. Anything you want? We can cut shiping costs by routing things thru WayGate.
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-11-08 at 05:02 PM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

UT
    Spoiler
    Show
    But you've got nothing to sell, worth that sort of trip?

How about buying? It still stimulates the economy, and probably works better? I can sell you stuff from Earth.

Edit; Ah, now I've got you. So, now it's just a question of what to buy and sell. And what price you want.

You'r a long way from earth. Anything you want? We can cut shiping costs by routing things thru WayGate.
    ANSWER
    Spoiler
    Show
    yes would like buy stuff from you and i’d like sell it to, you too so like i buy troops u get something for exhange them (argh hard to write correctly what i mean)
    Last edited by Mizka; 2008-11-08 at 05:17 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

UT
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah. Starting to get you. Don't worry.

We've got a good weapons industry. You aren't in the process of building up a conquering army, so if you want to buy weapons, power armor, mecha.... We can roll with that.

Anything in return?
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

27. - Top - End - #27
    Bugbear in the Playground

Message to the All Solar Nexus

Spoiler
    Show

The NRE would like to hire the services of the Solar Nexus to help supply our growing colony on Titan and our smaller colonies throughout the asteroid belt. We would need to Solar Nexus ships to help transport supplies as well as serve as passenger ships for hire, for those who opt to pay their own way to these colonies.

We will handle security for these movements.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

UT
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah. Starting to get you. Don't worry.

We've got a good weapons industry. You aren't in the process of building up a conquering army, so if you want to buy weapons, power armor, mecha.... We can roll with that.

Anything in return?
    Spoiler
    Show
    if i wanna buy about 200 mechs how many ships you need for them ¿

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

UT
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, their 80ft tall. So, after their in orbit... I dunno. What sized ships have you got?

Oh. Do you mean ships as payment? Or for transporting the Mechs to you?
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-11-08 at 05:44 PM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Ut
    Spoiler
    Show

we'd be interested in trade
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing