New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Total War 2250

1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Total War 2250

Justice

The mechanized form of Commander Steel walks over, wareing his diplomatic clothing, a grey robe with the UNE half cog. A little irritated, as techs strugle to establish the AV link to the Executive.

Don't believe we've met, Cardinal, Daimyo and... well, how do you like to be addressed, Rowe? Anyway. I'm Commander Steel, UDF Commander in Chief

He looks over at the struggling Techs and sighs.

The Executive'll be along shortly. I'm here just to show the personal touch.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

In Auromar, Histantos Illist, Aasimar Warlock.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

Conference

So, where's our host?

EDIT

turning to Steel no, not personally anyway. Although I've at leas looked over your background before you were ghosted. Very...interesting.

So, will you accept security forces we're offering? otherwise I'll have them shipped back.
    Last edited by puppyavenger; 2008-11-14 at 04:53 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

3. - Top - End - #273
    Dwarf in the Playground

Justice Conference

"Oh, hello everyone...I was hoping I didn't arrive too early. Appears I have not. It's a pleasure to meet all of you, except for Cardinal Williams, who it is nice to see again. I hope your trips here were all comfortable?

And Mr. Rowe, I thought you would be preparing for your party on the Vahalla. I didn't think I was going to be seeing you here. It's all Izuna's been talking about."
    Vanguard of the Horace Greenhilt fan club. Pretend there's a smiley and get off my back...

4. - Top - End - #274
    Bugbear in the Playground

Justice Conference

"Yes, you are not the only one with a metal shell, rather then one of flesh.

You know, back in the old days of Pandora, I thought of getting myself a robotic body. But I decided not to. Seems to have cost me, seeing as two nations use robots heavily. I wonder, should I get an artificial body now? I mean, it's rather difficult to be the Technissiah when your body isn't made of very advanced technology, isn't it?"

To Takeda:

"The party seems to have been canceled, or at least delayed, as the leader I wanted to come to the Valhalla decided to start this conference up instead. Tell Izuna that if the party is truly canceled, and not just delayed, as I suspect it is, that I'll come to Niten itself and meet him, along with the Emperor."

To Steel:

"Just call me Rowe or Mr. Rowe, Commander. After all, we know each other from a hundred years ago, do we not?"
    Last edited by RationalGoblin; 2008-11-14 at 04:57 PM.
    Rational Goblin Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

Ixtlan, World of Exploration, my campaign setting. Currently on hiatus.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

Justice

Well, the closest to a Primary body I have is the Micheal so asking me for advice on it is a rather moot point.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

6. - Top - End - #276
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Well, he was talking about meeting you, yes, and he was very excited for that. But he really wanted to meet Ms. Isabella, for reasons he simply will not reveal. But I guess a man has to keep some of his secrets every once in a while.

And I heard that you aren't going to be our new neighbors out on Pluto and Eris. What happened with that, if you don't mind me asking?"
    Last edited by Pumpkin3.1415; 2008-11-14 at 05:01 PM.
    Vanguard of the Horace Greenhilt fan club. Pretend there's a smiley and get off my back...

7. - Top - End - #277

Justice Conference

"Logistics and Politics. It would take a very large amount of energy, money, and time to move all of ARCH's- sorry, Yggdrasil's population to Pluto and Eris. Also, I don't feel like dealing with all of the fuss that's brewing about the colonization debate. Of course, that is only at this time. Later, we may indeed become your neighbors.

And tell Izuna, when you meet him next, that if it's Isabella's DNA he wants, then we can get it for him fairly easily. Or if it's her new cyber-claw she has that he wants, Yggdrasil could probably replicate it. If it's Isabella herself that he wants... Then I can't help him there."

Rowe chuckles again.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

Steel smiled at Rowe

Indeed. You'll forgive me if I'm informal, but it's rare to have friends from that long back.

So... What do you think of the political situation as it stands? I am uncertain, but believe the UNE have good relations with all three of you, trade deals, ect.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

In Auromar, Histantos Illist, Aasimar Warlock.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Dwarf in the Playground

Takeda laughs after hearing Rowe's comments.

"Well, it's like I said, he won't tell anyone why he wants to meet her so much. I think if it were technology, he'd just build it himself...and Izuna isn't the kind of person that I really took to get romantically involved with...well, anything. The man's married to his work, which I suppose is noble enough, but still, I'd imagine he'd go crazy after a while.

Then again, I guess I really can't consider him to be overly...normal, I suppose. I mean, he doesn't share anything with us until the final result, no one's allowed inside his little facility. It's kind of worrisome.

Oh, and he never takes off that mask. A strange one indeed.

And yes, I could understand your concerns about colonization. Although, maybe if things get smoothed over at this conference, you won't face as much scrutiny."
    Last edited by Pumpkin3.1415; 2008-11-14 at 05:34 PM.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

Williams replied to Steel IO would hope we still have good relations. we've had a MPD for what t130 years now?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

The Ninth sends the captital ship Ceasar to join the fun at the Justice station. The ship was, until now, considered overly large and inneficient for mercenary work. With war on the horizon, and now everyone comparing their flagships to Justize the Ninth's desicision now seems... prophetic. The General Class warship is perhaps the only ship in the system that doesn't seem dwarfed by its surroundings.
    The Ninth has six of them.

A shuttle is sent out with the Ninth's representative, Captain Lambert. He steps out to shake hands in the reception area. The Commander just figured I should come along to keep an eye on things, and make some stuff clear.

The Ninths base on Ganymede clearly marks out a borderline a mile out from the actual confines of the base, and sets watches. Nevertheless, the Opus Dei colonists are welcome to visit any of the bases two bars or three diners, and soon of duty Ninth soldiers become a common sight in the colonies equivelents. (unless you object.)

12. - Top - End - #282

Justice Conference

Rowe smiles back at Steel.

"Indeed. Though friends and foes die, we remain ever-living. Along with a surprising amount of people.

In any case, Yggdrasil, though it has been through name changes, and is now almost entirely based in space, is still part of the UNE. Most of what we have is the UNE's as well. Unless you want us to break off from the UNE."

Rowe raises an eyebrow.

"As for Izuna, heh. Sounds like he's planning something. Something big. I'm guessing it involves Isabella. And you say he doesn't allow anyone to know of his inventions until he is completely finished with it? Sounds like he's paranoid."

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

To Rowe That's hardly a unique state of mind in the halls of power.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

14. - Top - End - #284

Justice Conference

Senator Saracco will be attending the Justice Conference as the representative of the New Roman Empire.

<more to come later>
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Colossus in the Playground

Justice

Jain stays just a few steps away from the "important politicians", a somewhat empty smile on her face, listening to the conversation with one ear, while looking at the impressive panorama of the huge station outside.
    "Well, it certainly is a little larger than the Ark prototypes..."
    Resident Vancian Apologist

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

I feel obliged to say it. Size isn't everything. It's really all in the sheild generator to surface ratio and weapons density. Size is simply a way to get more in one place. This thing is a sitting duck. Captain Lambert points out a few surfaces and buildings. In a straight up shoot out, no matter what they have hidden in here, a good going over with some Hammer's and a few railgun shots over the section there would take out most of the station. If I were aiming to capture, well, I'd spread the dropships out, have them come in full speed, flicker shots to KO sheilds just before impact. Entirly possible.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Dwarf in the Playground

"True, however the beauty in a station of this size isn't the apparent defensive structures...it's the station's redundancy of those features. I'd bet my left hat that this station has about 15 of just about everything a ship only needs half of, so you could go about attacking things like life support or shields generators, but they'll have another 4 in reserve. And if you really feel like capturing it, I'd bet parts of the station just drop off to isolate troops and throw them out into the black if they get too far. I'd rethink an attack on something like this unless you already have someone on the inside."

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hello" flanked by six of the new Star Guard, Tim Lee walks out of a door "I am sorry to keep you all waiting, but a last minute problem arose, nothing to worry about, but supper may be late."

He turns and leads the delagates through several opulant rooms to reach a gigantic antichamber. In the center of the anti chamber is a large podium surrounded by an almost coliseum-esk ring of boxes, one for each delegation at equal height.

Standing in the Podium is the Supreme One Isabella herself, dressed in dark green and gold robes, with her official crown of state. Her right arm sparkles in the light as the rooms lamps shine down.

She walks out to greet the arrivals "Hello delegates, I apologize for the delay, it is partly because the Supreme Guard wished to stop me from leaving, fearing for my safety, but I thought it would be important for me to be here. If you don't mind, have a someone guide you"

She gestures at the servants milling about the room getting things ready.

Isabella and Timothy themselves make their way to their box.

Isabella waits until the delegates are in their seats. She raises her arms and speaks, her voice amplified by speakers in every box "I would like to officially start the first meeting of COSS!"

Secret
    Spoiler
    Show
    The ships around Earth consolidate near Justice station, close enough to aid it. Elsewhere troops dig in and make ready just in case of any armed conflict.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

Justice

Williams walks over to he box specified.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

Tim looks to Isabella and whispers, she winces a little and looks speaks into a private channel to Rowe's booth "Mr. Rowe, I apologize for post poning your party, but things were getting sticky and something must be done. When it is over I believe we can talk privately to set up a new date"
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

21. - Top - End - #291
    Dwarf in the Playground

Takeda goes to his box and sits down in his chair. His retainers remain outside the box, looking on to the boxes where the other delegates remain. Inside, Takeda pulls his familiar fan from his jacket and begins to cool himself.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

(The boxes can hold up to five seating and three standing)

- SurlySeraph

23. - Top - End - #293

Justice Conference

Senator Saracco and his small retinue take their places in the box and wait for the conference to begin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Dwarf in the Playground

(Shingen never really liked being constantly tailed by guards and retainers, but the Emperor insists.)

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

(that was for everyone, I am just waiting for a few more then I will start it up)

- SurlySeraph

26. - Top - End - #296
    Barbarian in the Playground

Justice Conference

The Voice walks to his designated box, and sits down. He is completely alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greystone View Post
    No fair framing me for something that looks like something i'd actually do!
    Currently practicing the art of pushing boredom to the point where it turns into a psychedelic drug.

27. - Top - End - #297

Justice Conference

Rowe walks by himself to his booth, sitting down lazily. He has no guards. Responding to Isabella's apology, he nods, waves his left hand forgivingly, and says "Understood. Another day then. I have nothing but time on my side."

After completing the response, he taps his fingers on his chair in boredom. However, it is not his fleshy fingers he taps, but his robotic fingers, attached to his cybernetic limb, which replaces his left arm.

28. - Top - End - #298

Quote Originally Posted by The_JJ View Post
    The Ninths base on Ganymede clearly marks out a borderline a mile out from the actual confines of the base, and sets watches. Nevertheless, the Opus Dei colonists are welcome to visit any of the bases two bars or three diners, and soon of duty Ninth soldiers become a common sight in the colonies equivalents. (unless you object.)
    "We were forgetful of your bases on Ganymede. We will be most respectful and shall remember your graciousness in allowing us room. To our future on Ganymede!"
    - Grenovich of Opus Dei

Opus Dei Actions

1) A squad of Maltian Knights of St John in full ceremonial battle space armor w/ maneuver verniers and built-in and attached weapons and retractable helmets arrive by battle frigate and disembark leaving the ship with its marines to patrol the station perimeter. Emblazoned on the front of their armor is a purple cross and the slaughtered lamb on the side. They give up their battle armor and weapons and change to their dress uniforms with a few defensive enhancements.

When debate opens their leader, a softspoken, unnaturally grey-haired young soldier named Lucille Rubin speaks for her order: "We have come here to let it be known that we would prefer open colonization, with no valid claims, and will vote as such despite our meager holdings. Should this be rejected Opus Dei will truly command all of Jove.
    We also ask that a prerequisite be commanded by the council for expansion into space. Basic human rights. The xenophobic imperialist masses of the Roman and American empires will surely cut off all of their claims from free belief. Recently we were told not to come to the NRE for the sake of their official faith... our own territories are open to others. Remember over a century ago when the NRE sought to destroy the world and the NAC opened little sections in their airport hotels for all faiths? Although they did not fool our forebearers as recorded in the histories of our orders, even the Psions of Zoropersia looked more brightly at them for a time. They were closed in time. No doubt for the same reason as we were told not to evangelize in their territory. For fear of attack by the civilians. Or perhaps they were empty. Regardless of whether they were empty this was brought to by force of arms and a monopoly of state religion by 2125 and for over a century by now.

"And... there has been a prophecy amongst our circles lately that the world may be coming to an end. We do not know whom or why but it is our fear that the inner system, or just the Earth or perhaps even the entire solar system is at risk. We think and feel that someone or multiple factions, though we do not know who, plan to destroy a large section of humanity."
    *televise our speech to the Earth

2) Increase propaganda that the endtimes may be coming near! Take advantage of the rearing heads of Cerberus, their apocalyptic nature and remind people of the five-year war a century ago when claims came in dispute! Rush, hurry, rush people! Take advantage of the teeming masses of people disaffected by growing clone populations taking up the prosperity of increased efficiency and their fears and desire and wishes to leave the Earth for a better or even just new place. Go forth, be fruitful and multiply!
    Increase membership and fund raising efforts in China, the rest of Asia, Japan, Africa and Oceania now that our missionary effort has been scaled up.
    Since we have a history of religious freedom and recent history of low taxes friendly to privatization we also seek out businessmen, in particular from these areas, but also worldwide... to organize a small armed fleet and large colonization fleet for the Neptunian and Uranus satellites that we claimed for humanity and possibly Saturn if the pirates aren't too bad and anyone feels like it since we claimed it for whoever develops the land first.

We really let out the word and do our best to assemble people of every color and ideal except for extremists and antisocial (= jerks) people (unless they're willing to take therapy).

We'll focus on taking ideas from the technicians and businessmen who join up and seek to make this a prosperous and profitable endeavor and start training the base members as militia.
    We'll make sure to make this a properly planned expedition, we try to be quick about it, but a solid expedition is the key and takes precedence. If anyone is impatient we can send scouts ahead.
    Take advantage of the demographic troubles across the world.
    We are organizing a people's expedition! Huzzah!
    Really crank on the news to levels of propaganda. We know people trust us and we make it clear we believe this is to their best interest, and thus our trying to convince them so hard.
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2008-11-15 at 01:01 AM.

29. - Top - End - #299

To the New Sovereignity of Europa
    Would you be interested in joining the Inner Sphere Council?

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

The Dual Moons had sent the vice-president of both planets, as they normally did at international meetings when they didn't want the two presidents to go. The vice-president sat in the box chosen for him as he waited for the conference to properly start.