New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Total War 2250

1. - Top - End - #421
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Total War 2250

((Hey, I have an endgame plan too. You have to plan ahead.))
    Resident Vancian Apologist

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground

oh, I have an end game PLAN, but this is bordering on the insane.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

3. - Top - End - #423
    Dwarf in the Playground

(C'mon, there's no way Greystone doesn't have a plan...that's just not how the game works.)
    Vanguard of the Horace Greenhilt fan club. Pretend there's a smiley and get off my back...

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ogre in the Playground

I mean, DUH!

I, ironically, was getting ready to send it to Odin.

I sent one....
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

5. - Top - End - #425

Yeah, I already sent mine too.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait...Eldan....do you actually live in Zurich?

- SurlySeraph

7. - Top - End - #427

Not live, just study. Why?

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

errr....did you READ any of the first game?

- SurlySeraph

9. - Top - End - #429
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Greystone View Post
    (OOC_...That seems a little psychotic.)
    (OOC:Thats the entire point. HAHAHAHA.)
    Rational Goblin Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

Ixtlan, World of Exploration, my campaign setting. Currently on hiatus.

10. - Top - End - #430

Nope. I always intended to, but never got round to doing it.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, lets just say horrible this happened in Switzerland, which culminated in Mind Control in Zurich followed by mass suicide.

(and it was mine and the NRE's fault)

- SurlySeraph

12. - Top - End - #432

Oh, that. Well, I won't be round then, it's too far in the future

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ogre in the Playground

....I just found it intensly ironic

- SurlySeraph

14. - Top - End - #434

Digging up the Past
    Spoiler
    Show

Somewhere in Croatia...

The Inquisitors dug through the ground around the old abandoned safe house with hand shovels. Fear of breaking their objective prevented them from using mechanized equipment and the sensitive nature of the target made it impossible for them to conscript local labor to do the digging. They had to do it the old fashioned way.

Many hours and many holes later they found their prize. Pulling the chest from the ground they greedily wrung their hands as the rusted padlock was smashed away. Mixed in with the mundane contents was a weapon of unimaginable power, they missed the oppurtunity to use it in the last war and it had been lost for nearly a century but now it was theirs again to use for the glory of the God-Emperor and to secure supreme military dominance.

They quickly wrapped up the weapon carefuly making sure not to damage it as they carted it away to the nearest Inquisition stronghold. It was a good day indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ogre in the Playground

Meeting of three, no spying (that means ya'll with a high spy)
    Spoiler
    Show
    As the NRE and Niten shuttles near the base, several squadrens of fighters create a screen around them, making it nigh impossible for anyone to hit them.

As they dock and exit they are greeted by a squad of ebony armored Supreme Shadows, who bow as the Consul and Emperor disembark.

Regenisis greets them "Greetings" she is feminine, but her voice is masked by a mask. She is dressed in sleek black leather, her face covered "If you will follow me"

- SurlySeraph

16. - Top - End - #436
    Dwarf in the Playground

Meetin' Tyme
    Spoiler
    Show
    From the ship bearing the Niten flag steps a man of simply colossal size. His steps echo throughout the antechamber as he exits the craft. In his hands, he hefts a strange bladed weapon with an orb on the opposite end. His armor thrums with power, which competes with the breathing sounds of the suit's breathing mask. After a moment, he motions for his master, who walks briskly from his ship. A slight man, his dress and overall appearance betrays a regal bearing.

"Thank you, Benkei. And thank you, madam hostess. I am honored to be here."
    Vanguard of the Horace Greenhilt fan club. Pretend there's a smiley and get off my back...

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ogre in the Playground

mt
    Spoiler
    Show
    Regenisis inclines her head "Emperor, it is an honor to meet you"
    Last edited by Greystone; 2008-11-16 at 11:32 PM.

- SurlySeraph

18. - Top - End - #438

Meeting
    Spoiler
    Show

The Imperial shuttle sets down in the docking bay, the hatchway of the door emblazoned with the Crest of the God-Emperor surrounded by the laurel crown symbolizing the office of the Consul. Emerging from the opening hatch are four armored Imperial soldiers who quickly secure the ramp. Behind them follows Consul Manzoli and his personal advisors including a black uniformed Inquisitor.

"Thank you, Regenis. It is an honor to be here."

You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

Meeting
    Spoiler
    Show
    Regenisis nods her head slightly at the consul "Now gentlemen, if you don't mind, please follow me"

She leads their way through several confusingly twisted hallways until they reach a bulkhead hatch, she opens it to reveal a comfortable lounge "I will ask that all others, including my own guards wait here, the meeting to be in the adjacent room, for our ears only"

- SurlySeraph

20. - Top - End - #440

Meeting
    Spoiler
    Show

"Of course" Motioning towards the retinue they stop and wait in the waiting area as the Consul enters into the meeting room with the Emperor and the Regenis.
    Last edited by LongVin; 2008-11-16 at 11:49 PM.

21. - Top - End - #441

Heavily Encoded Message to Machine Technocracy, Opus Dei, and Papacy
    Spoiler
    Show

The Technocracy, Opus Dei, Papacy. I come to you with not concrete proof, but a hunch that a powerful alliance is going to start, consisting of at least three nations. I have reason to believe that this alliance will not help humanity.

You are the nations I can trust the most. Will you join me in an private alliance, until I can figure out who the conspirators are, and then make the alliance formal?
    Rational Goblin Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

Ixtlan, World of Exploration, my campaign setting. Currently on hiatus.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Dwarf in the Playground

Meeting
    Spoiler
    Show
    Benkei lets loose a low growl, however he is silenced when Minamoto places a single hand on his shoulder.

"Now now, Benkei...you can trust them. They wouldn't be foolish enough to try anything.

Please, hostess, lead the way."
    Last edited by Pumpkin3.1415; 2008-11-16 at 11:54 PM.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ogre in the Playground

Meeting
    Spoiler
    Show
    The long mahagony table is bedecked with delicacies worthy of a royal guest, but Regenisis ignores it, keeping her mask on "Now I believe we are here to discuss an alliance of sorts...correct?"
    Last edited by Greystone; 2008-11-17 at 12:00 AM.

- SurlySeraph

24. - Top - End - #444
    Dwarf in the Playground

Meeting
    Spoiler
    Show
    "That is what I was led to believe. The other factions think us some variety of monsters or warmongers. We are distrusted, unliked, and I would say generally looked down on by the other nations."

25. - Top - End - #445

Meeting
    Spoiler
    Show

Taking a seat at the table and getting himself organized the Consul responds "Yes, a triple alliance between our three respective nations."

26. - Top - End - #446
    Ogre in the Playground

Meeting
    Spoiler
    Show
    Agreed, I think we must do two things. One, actually prove them that we are not as unmoral as they say and Two defend from their inevitable attempt to squash us out"

- SurlySeraph

27. - Top - End - #447

Meeting
    Spoiler
    Show

"Yes, it is our belief that there is a concerted effort by other parties to eliminate all three of us. We are also subject to a constant slander campaign by the other nations."

28. - Top - End - #448
    Dwarf in the Playground

Meeting
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I would hope our morality would be proven by our actions...yes, we've done things to warrant distrust, but it should not be difficult to make strides to leave those pasts behind.

As for defending ourselves, that is the aspect I am truthfully least concerned with..."

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ogre in the Playground

Meeting
    Spoiler
    Show
    Regenisis turms her head and sounds grimly amused "Hell, Consul we;ve slandered each other already, if not publically. Do not count out the fact that together Yggdrissil, the Papacy, and the UNE may be able to wipe us out, if we are not ready.

ow, what shall we put in this treaty?
    Last edited by Greystone; 2008-11-17 at 12:25 AM.

- SurlySeraph

30. - Top - End - #450
    Dwarf in the Playground

Meeting
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Non-aggression, mutual defense, naturally.

Other than that, I think some sort of trade agreements, as I would think some factions would refuse trading with us after signing such a pact. We could possibly put in a clause about technology trading as well, as what defends one would do best to shield us all..."
    Last edited by Pumpkin3.1415; 2008-11-17 at 12:37 AM.