New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Total War 2250

1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Total War 2250

Belgrade

Richard Sylveste makes a low bow when Morgan Blainsfield introduces herself, and answers in a voice that doesn't show any real emotion.
    Charmed. As you guessed, I am Richard Sylveste, the right hand of the man we call the Scientist. You could call me second in command of all scientific work in the Technocracy.
    He doesn't seem offended by her close examination of his appearance, though he looks perfectly human excepting the eyes.
    Ah, yes. My 'parts'. I suppose they must hold several mysteries for someone without the proper knowledge, but I am sadly not at liberty to discuss how most of them function. But I can say that my eyes can see far more than the regular human eye.
    After that, he is silent. He only adds a few sentences to Morgan's remark on Isabella's speach.
    Regardless of whether this little project will truly work or not, the Technocracy has decided that joining will be beneficial for some time. Only time will tell if this alliance will crumble, or succeed in creating peace throughout the system. Either way, the Technocracy will try to help it along the way. For as long as we still see hope in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greystone View Post
    No fair framing me for something that looks like something i'd actually do!
    Currently practicing the art of pushing boredom to the point where it turns into a psychedelic drug.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Isabella smiled graciously and stepped down. Her mental "ear" was blazing. She had been found with several odd psychic powers. This one she could hear everything that was being said, process it, and allow her to react.

Morgan's comments especially caused a severe internal wince, though on the surface she remained calm. She made her way through the party and ended up next to her and Richard.

"Ah Morgan Blainsfield and Richard Sylveste I presume" she flashes a winning smile "I couldn't help but notice your....interest in my speech Ms. Blainsfield, though I assume that your thoughts were negative...care to enlighten me of your thoughts?"

She raises a single elegant eyebrow.
    Last edited by Greystone; 2008-11-09 at 08:31 PM.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

@UNE
    Spoiler
    Show

The NRE has always tried to maintain itself as a self sufficient body, thus the neccessity of Nemi station.

And, we do now know what you are speaking of. The NRE is not currently receiving, or is paying any reperations to any party at this time.

@ARCH
    Spoiler
    Show

What technologies do you have to offer in return?

Actions:

Imperial Senate announces NAP with UAL

The Imperial Senate has announced today that the NRE and the UAL have agreed to sign a non-aggression pact putting an end to over a century of hostilities and near hostilities. The senate has billed this as an important first step in establishing a lasting peace on Earth.

Even the Church of Umberto has sided with this agreement saying it is an important first step in bringing about the Golden Age of peace for humanity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Pirate Law:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ten Percent of profit from items/infomation sold on The Black Market goes directly to The Brotherhood of Pirates, but all sellers and buyiers are garenteed confidentialality.
    Last edited by syst3mfreak101; 2008-11-09 at 08:37 PM.
    Blue
    You value knowledge, logic, and deceit. You love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At your best, you are brilliant and progressive. At your worst, you are treacherous and cold. Your symbol is a water droplet. Your enemies are green and red.

What is the diffrence between a freedom fighter and a terrorist? WINNING!

5. - Top - End - #125

Inquisition begins enforcement of Psyker registration act

Vatican City,

Grand Inquisitor Tolwyn of the Holy Office of the Inquisition has decreed today that the often ignored Psyker(psionic user) registration act will be put back into force following reports that psykers have been responsible for a recent spike in crime.

Psykers will be given three months to register and under go mandated government testing on the strength of their abilities. Anyone who fails to register will be deemed unsanctioned psykers and will shall be subject to fines and possible inprisonment.
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

6. - Top - End - #126

Belgrade

When Isabella approaches, Richard makes the same low bow and greets her.
    A most interesting speech. The Technocracy is eagerly awaiting further progress regarding the COSS.

His eyes almost seem to be shifting focus, not entirely unlike a camera, but it could merely be a trick of the light in combination with his odd eye color. He was, in fact, taking several scans and pictures of Isabella. A box formed within his vision, detailing the data recovered from the scans.
    Detecting abnormal brain activity.
    Target most likely in possession of psychic abilities. Proceed with caution.
    Facial scan complete. Transferring 3D image to memory banks.
    Sending back-up copy of data files to "Attendant".

None of the information made him feel any differently about Isabella. One of his most priced skills was the near impossibility to catch him off guard, or to surprise him.

After this is done, he proceeds to observe the little game that was about to play out between Isabella and Morgan. It could become useful for his observations.
    Currently practicing the art of pushing boredom to the point where it turns into a psychedelic drug.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Isabella inclines her head at Richard, his eyes not interesting her until she saw a...flicker.

Carefully she probed with her mind and...ah, there it was, the reason she disliked cyborgs. Almost no emotion, no surprise, though she knew that he knew that she was a psychic.

While she spoke to Morgan she entered his mind again "So Richard, I am curious...why choose the path of the machine?"

Her voice is simply curious as it filters through his head.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

A short African woman in military fatigues pushes her way up to the door. Yes, that's right, the Mr. Sufe. Uhuh. Thank you. She smiles, and turns to her companion. I do enjoy abusing my filial relations. C'mon Ozy, it'll be fun.
    I hardly recomend this.
    Pish. This'll be good for building contacts.
    We should be preparing to take up our new offices, or training. Not crashing an important diplomatic party. Your great uncle's influence will only carry you so far in life, Alsa.
    That last comment caused Alsa's face to tighten. Low blow, low blow. Now shh... I want to see this infamous Issy
    The Kin beside her sighs. How have you not been disowned by now? Or demoted. I'm sure Johnathan is watching the news. He'll be pissed if you mess up, you know.
    Ozy... if you were that opposed you would've dragged me off by now. So shhh.
    Last edited by The_JJ; 2008-11-09 at 10:37 PM.

9. - Top - End - #129

At first there is mere silence. He then answers, in the same calm voice he used earlier;
    The answer is simple: because humanity has its limits. We can only accomplish so much with genetic engineering and normal and/or accelerated evolution. Soon, machines will be the only way for us to continue to evolve. And then, just to see her reaction, he let his machines take over his body functions, even his speech (since the machines can fairly accurately predict what he would say and when) and then started to calculate highly advanced math in his head.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Isabella quirks an eyebrow "I suppose we will have to disagree on that point of fact, though everyone is entitled to their own personal perspectives"

As the machines take over she smiles a tad. She rarely was surprised anymore, a hundred or so years of life will do that too you.

Then she heard the Issy comment and rolled her eyes inwardly. That was her least favorite connotation of her name . Her mother had called her lil' Izzie, when she was teasing. Lioness called her Bella, Father had called her Izzie-Bee (Which was ok, she was a daddy's girl), but she had despised that nickname.

She just hoped that the person in question would not call her as such to her ace.
    Last edited by Greystone; 2008-11-09 at 10:44 PM.

- SurlySeraph

11. - Top - End - #131

Belgrade

Morgan rolls her eyes again.

"It's simple, Isabella. Your idea is basically the old United Nations except on a larger scale, right? Well, there's the first problem. The United Nations. It was relatively useless. Countries that didn't join basically ran all over Earth doing whatever they pleased. Countries that were on the United Nations would conveniently 'forget' the U.N.'s many varied rules and restriction, in favor of their conflicts with their neighbors and old foes. Your idea is the same thing, only bigger. And you'll have no way to really enforce the rules. restrict trade to a nation, and the other nations will still secretly trade to it on the side. Send an army, then you're no better then a common conquering dictator. Try and keep the offending nation or nations in squalor, and you'll probably have neglected your own nations.

However, despite what I just said, ARCH's still joining COSS, if only to try and make it work, or at least see if it works at all."
    Rational Goblin Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

Ixtlan, World of Exploration, my campaign setting. Currently on hiatus.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Isabella nodded "Thats where your wrong Morgan, this isn't going to be another attempt at the United nations. Thats why I changed the name, to symbolize the change. I am going to take....well a more pro-active stance than the UN. I believe with some great minds working on it we can think of a way to overcome some of the logistical problems, but since when is anything ever easy."

she winks "And technically, I am a dictator, just one with a happy populace"

- SurlySeraph

13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground

Belgrade

"Now now, Ms. Morgan...isn't there a saying...something about no good wars or bad peaces? At least she's trying to make strides towards peace."

Takeda takes another long drink from his sake jug, and wipes his mouth of excess.

"While I don't know if my lord would give blessing of our own joining of this new organization, however I personally give my own support for this. It's been a bloody millenium so far, no small part to my own faction, but if these past two-hundred and fifty years have shown us anything, it's that things have a very bad habit of escalating very quickly. Maybe now is time for us to actually learn from it?"
    Vanguard of the Horace Greenhilt fan club. Pretend there's a smiley and get off my back...

14. - Top - End - #134

Belgrade

Morgan laughs.

"Why am I not surprised that you would bluntly refer to yourself as dictator, and presumably Shona would as well?

Very well, as well as you don't interfere with ARCH's doings too heavily, we'll allow free movement of COSS resources, people, and such through ARCH territory.

As for Mr. Takeda's comment, the longest-lasting 'peace' we had during the conflicts one hundred years ago, produced a vast scheme to mind-control most of Europe. Would you say that was a 'good' part of the peace? And the rest of the peace was basically everyone stockpiling unconventional weaponry and favors from other nations, in preparation for the next war. Does that sound like a 'good' peace to you? Still, peace is generally good, yes."

15. - Top - End - #135
    Dwarf in the Playground

Belgrade

"Ms. Morgan, we have extensively studied the war between the NRE and...well, most of the other factions. But that could honestly hardly be considered a peace, could it? The NRE insisted on fighting long after they were defeated, and brought about even more death and destruction long after the 'war' was over. Millions more were killed even after Umberto's death, and they made him a martyr deity afterwards. That, in my opinion, could hardly be considered a peace."
    Vanguard of the Horace Greenhilt fan club. Pretend there's a smiley and get off my back...

16. - Top - End - #136

Belgrade

No, Mr. Takeda, I'm referring to the short period of peace in which we discovered that an NAC official had plans to mind-control a large portion of Europe, including Switzerland and Italy.'

((OOC: That was the thing that someone in the NAC was trying to use to mind-control people, right? And at that time the world WAS at peace, right? If I'm wrong, tell me in a PM rather then pointing it out IC, please. I just don't feel like checking at the moment.))
    Last edited by RationalGoblin; 2008-11-10 at 05:25 PM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Dwarf in the Playground

Belgrade

"Well, I didn't claim to be an expert on the subject. I just go by what I know. Hey, at least since they've already tried it once, odds are, they won't try it again, right?"

Takeda makes an uneasy chuckle at that last remark, and clears his throat.

"Regardless, it's damn well worth a try, I say. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. But on the off chance it does, well, then we'll all be a lot happier, won't we?"

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    err... sword towers are UNE defensive instillations. The NAC used subliminal messaging on TV stations, just in Rome ans Switzerland.

I'd PM, but my box is a bit too full.

And the UN in game was the NUN. They weren't a straight continuation. The only actual rule they applied was that one about weaponry development

IC soon
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

In Auromar, Histantos Illist, Aasimar Warlock.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

@NRE
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, if we believed you before, you throw it out the window again with an indescribably blatant campaign to forcibly recruit Psychics.

You do know that detaining people simply based on genetic traits, as opposed to actual evidence is a violation of their human rights? Not that the NRE has ever before shown itself concerned with such...

Serbia Sword Tower

As he watched the glittering reception, Commander Steel was mildly irritated. As he always was with politicians.

We haven't actually fought any of these bastards in ages. All we've had to deal with are occasional Dagwood raids We can't get a handle on war with the NRE, since the peace of Rome. Even when they took Greece, Corsica and all the others out from under our nose. And now we're dealing with the Niten, as opposed to fighting them. Well, at least they have honour.

He sighed, as Capitan Kathra of the First Pack entered. The kin was scarred and wizened, an old warrior, but he bowed before Steel. The old human was his elder, after all..

Sir?

The cybernetic general sighed

Don't sir me, Capitan. You know the drill. Keep everyone on standby, local towers ready for armed response if needed. The usual.

The Kin smiled.

Ah. Another round of cards?

Steel was silent for a moment, then.

No. Keep it serious, Capitan. Just in case.

The kin blinked, but understood

Certainly sir. Oh, and USIC got a report from the party. Some girl claiming herself Sufe's great nice, and a Kin, both gatecrashed. Given the fact that one's a Kin, and the other managed to bluff her way past the guards, the USIC are asking for permission to extract them, as possible assassins and for them to spend a night in the cells

You'll have a job, Capitan

The Kin looks shocked, as the old metal man smiles

I know those two. The woman really is Sufe's blood. And the Kin's her subordinate. They're Ninth Company command staff. Assassins would be less obvious

True. But they weren't invited. Just letting them through could be bad diplomatically.

sigh. Very well. Have the USIC pull them in afterwards, once the guests are leaving, for a round of questioning, and for 'em to spend a bit of time in the cells to cool their heals a bit. If their superiors object, have 'em call me.

Sir

The old Kin withdraws, leaving Steel alone watching the monitor, watching the shining lights of the world's diplomatic corps dance out before him.

The calm before the storm...
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-11-10 at 02:05 AM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Belgrade Reception

Mina looked a tad nervous as Isabella finished her speech.

No one said she would be announcing the Papacy's little plan. Or for that matter, that she'd be doing it at this reception. Is CoSS the same thing, or not?

She is torn. She needs to go and mingle with the crowd, to find out what's being talked about, but she also needs to make speeches. The UNE were hosting this after all

Finally, she settled on a compromise. Pulling her subordinate and second, a Kin by the name of Mathra Nak aside, and quickly explaining the situation. The official smiled, then quickly passed word on to the two gentlemen from the USIC. They move effortlessly through the crowd, and tap both Sylveste and Blainsfield on the shoulders

Excuse us, sir, miss, but it's almost time for the Waygate speech. We assumed you'd both want the stage, so you could talk about it, and other things, to the hall.

Meanwhile, Nak stands on stage, apparently waiting for their reaction. Mina Horrenson is walking slowly in the direction of the Dayimo and Morgan Blainsfield, happily greeting people as she went.
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-11-10 at 01:44 AM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

21. - Top - End - #141

Belgrade

After the tap on his shoulder, Richard makes a short bow to Isabella and Takeda, and then proceeds toward the stage. His attendant follows him closely, with his head lowered.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well I am a dictator technically, though I personally dislike the label. I DO have absolute power in government with no chance of me stepping down. My mother would have violently refused, she hated the word dictator more than I do."

She shakes her head "All that is the NAC's history. I'm looking to make the UAL great and good"

As the two were tapped she smiled sheepishly "I suppose this converstation will finish another time"

She turns to Takeda "Thank you for your assistence"

As she sees Mina, Isabella quickly embraces her. The reason for the touching is quickly explained by an almost imperceptible voice in Mina's ear "Sorry for that. I almost repeated my speech from earlier in the month, but when I realized that the Papacy was planning to resurrect NUN I couldn't let them. There needs to be an actual force to protect humanity"

- SurlySeraph

23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground

Belgrade

"Please, madam, it's no trouble at all. It was a good speech, after all. I just hope you have the clout to make good on what you're selling. If my lord sees some good results, I doubt it'll take much to convince him to join up, so I'll be keeping an eye on the whole thing very closely.

I, for one, have had enough wars for one lifetime. I may be good at it, but I just don't have the stomach for it anymore..."

Takeda reaches into the chest fold of his kimono and pulls out a long pipe, which he packs with some tobacco and lights. Putting the stem in his mouth, he inhales deeply, exhaling through his nose so that the smoke billows down before rising into the air.

"Oh...am I allowed to smoke in here?"
    Last edited by Pumpkin3.1415; 2008-11-10 at 06:13 PM.

24. - Top - End - #144

@UNE
    Spoiler
    Show

The Inquisition has decided to enforce a law that has existed on the books of the Empire for over a century. And, psykers themselves are not being detained merely because of their genetic coding, only those who do not properly register with the government will be detained, and in most cases they will only be given a fine for their failure to register.

It is extremely important for our police system to keep a list of registered psykers in case of crimes in which a psyker is implicated. We need to know the power levels and general location of those who possess this powerful gift.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

NRE

The Dual Moons send the NRE a message. "Have you been invited to the New United Nations?

26. - Top - End - #146

@Dual Moons

The NRE has not been invited to the New United Nations. Nor are we opposed to the idea of joining an organization if we were offered the chance.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

To all nations other than NRE (including NPCs)

Spoiler
    Show

Are you joining the New United Nations?

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

duel Moons
    Spoiler
    Show

you mean COSS?
    Last edited by puppyavenger; 2008-11-10 at 12:07 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Papacy

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes

30. - Top - End - #150

New Consul of the Imperial Senate elected

The Imperial Senate today has elected a new consul to run the legislative body and the government. Senator Mateo Manzoni has been approved by the majority of the ruling body and will officially take his position as the leader of the body later in the week.

Manzoni has pledged to continue the NRE's expansion into space and has stated he would like to see the creation of a new Imperial Colony every year for the forseeable future with continued transport of colonists to help reduce the overpopulation that the Empire is now suffering from as well as opening up new sources for resource gathering and food production.

Prince Amedeo has offered his support and his approval to the appointment of Manzoni calling him a man of "Good standing in the faith."

By the will of the God-Emperor may his rule be long and prosperous.