New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Blank Slate IC

1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Blank Slate IC

"Now... let me first suggest to you that it is not within your purview to use spells that abuse souls... necromancy does not work like that."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    "Now... let me first suggest to you that it is not within your purview to use spells that abuse souls... necromancy does not work like that."
    Moghor

"If you say so."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

Suddenly with a siwrl of silver mist, and a sound like the tinkling of glasses mixed with mirthful laughter a new being appeared. He was a tall plae man garbed in a Archmages robes of Gold, and purple a aged looking face pearing out from behind a single monocle.
    "Greetings brethern."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

The Porter
    Looking down upon the growing world the Porter watched as his kin began their work.
    Last edited by Fisher; 2008-11-07 at 09:46 PM.
    Old Avatar by Doran Liadon. Current Avatar from System Default

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Seeing that the Earth had begun to spin the moon god took a chunk of space dust, and from it he made the moon a Bright twirling Saphire Sphere that followed the earths own orbit.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zuli
    He turned to the god of light and said, Well den dat be easy, dey ain't movin awa from da forests, so dey will teach it to each otha, but perhaps dey might travel around, to see da sights of da otha places around da forests.
    He though of what the god of death had said and began to think. If ju be da god of dead, and dat followas be goin to you when dey die, den I hafta make some worshippers. So he took some earth and molded it into his own image, then made what he thought a female whould look like, and then placed them in the forest. He took a swig of his JuJu Juice and then belched on his two new creations, instantly, they sprung to life. He sent a message into their minds, telling them to be fruitful and create a community at the base of the mountains. From them sprung many more trolls, and so he gave them the thought to build a temple-city in the side of the mountain and to use it to worship him, and to revere the animals, and the animal lords.

Spoiler
    Show
    Major Creation: Trolls!
    Last edited by Mike_the_Mystic; 2008-11-07 at 09:44 PM.
    Here's something you may not have considered: being torn asunder HURTS.
    Ponified Diablo 3 Monk granted to me by Akrim.Elf, a thousand blessings be to her!

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Diablo 3 Monk avatar blessed upon me by CrimsonAngel, and his awesome art skillz.

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Akteron

The realm in which they will rest is still growing. There is a place set aside for each of our Kin, where their followers go. I give to you the power to shape that place, and only that place, as you see fit.
    Thanks to Edwin for the Avatar!

8. - Top - End - #38

Zuli
    The Dragon of the Air spoke to Zuli, about his interference.
    Da Nature Works in yo' way, an dat be good, interfere as much as ju wan in dat way, bu' don let yo worshippers into mah domain, or heads will roll mon. Ah have a favor from ju dragon god, could ju make a lake between mah mountain and da city mah race is building?.
    Last edited by Mike_the_Mystic; 2008-11-07 at 09:45 PM.
    Ponified Diablo 3 Monk granted to me by Akrim.Elf, a thousand blessings be to her!

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Diablo 3 Monk avatar blessed upon me by CrimsonAngel, and his awesome art skillz.

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

Wharheit
    The god of the moon examined his work on the Sapphire sattlelite the now orbited the the Planet, yet he felt as if it lacked a purpose, and thus from his great knwoldge he made the Dopplegangers. beings who could take any form abturally, but would be exposed beneath the full moon in their full glory.
    Spoiler
    Show

Major act to create the Doppppelgangers!

10. - Top - End - #40
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

In the beginning Atkanlan-Yotetl stepped out of the Creator's shadow to watch his siblings shape the world. Dark furred and mouse tailed, he was among the smallest of the gods, and he watched the others.
    The world, then, was unformed and cold, and they knew that the Creator had given it over to them to transform - each one to begin with a grand gift of creation.

He watched bright gods light the sun in the sky.
    Sky gods paint the blue of the world and breathe the clouds of heaven.
    Watched earth gods rumbling, splitting the earth in creation.
    Watched water gods fill oceans of unending movement.
    Saw strong gods set orbits, wise gods give birth to magic, gods of flesh and bark populate the world.
    All in turn until the world was teeming and no longer cold.

Each gave their gift according to their nature, and what was left for Atkanlan-Yotetl?

"I shall be for lovers, builders, and those maddened with desire," Atkanlan decided. Realizing his nature was not that of stone, fire, water or air, but that which followed all of these things. "My creation shall be for the speaking things of the world. Companions our Creator sought, not only followers and corpses. Fellow creators our creations shall be, for now the world is ready to be harvested."

Atkanlan took the gift given to her by the Creator and added to that from the wellspring of his being - with this she created the Dreaming plane, the realm of desiring, wishes, jealousies, and hopes that linked all thinking beings.

Spoiler
    Show
    EDIT so cancelling the creation of the school, strictly creating the plane.
    Last edited by Ambon; 2008-11-07 at 10:12 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41

Huang Long, the Dragon Emperor

Huang Long laughed deeply at the suggestion.

"Worshippers? There are few enough mortals in this world to call any of them worshippers."

Then he rose up, and pondered where Zuli wished him to form a lake.

"Yes, I will be able to do so. However, in exchange, you must teach your followers of me, and to tend to a shrine I will build beside the lake. In return, I will create a great lake for your people, and so long as they show proper reverence, their lands will be blessed by the rain."

12. - Top - End - #42
    Barbarian in the Playground

Thelemis

A mad laughter rang through the air as a white porcelain mask appeared and hung in the air as rapid parade of bodies shifted around behind it: one moment male, one moment female, then tall, then short ot thin or fat or any number of other traits that passed by in a moment.

It seemed to elect to remain a simple, unbodied mask, and looked at the world.

With a spin in midair, it invoked Magic. Quick magic, not like Parda's laborious, boring rituals, but easy, simple magic that a skillful user could summon at the snap if his or her fingers.

It made Divination, through which a create could see the truth of teh universe in cards and baubles.

It made Illusion, so that truth could be disguised.

It made Transfiguration, so that truth could be changed.

It made Enchantment, so that truth could be fooled.

And it made Abjuration, so that truth could be protected.

Pleased with itself, is appeared in the realm of Akerton and spoke to the god, not with sound but with direct thought.

What a nice plane you have here. But plain. A positivly plain plane. Plainly planar tedium, although the souls of the dead add a nice touch. Very avant garde. Mind if I move in?

Spoiler
    Show

1 Major Act to create sorcery for 5 schools.
    Last edited by Virgo; 2008-11-07 at 10:29 PM.
    Fantastic avatar of Alrinach, God of Law, provided by Qwernt!

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Akteron

In time, there will be mortals. Already it starts.

To Thelemis

If you wish, and you do not disrupt the workings. Perhaps a little change would be good for all involved.

14. - Top - End - #44

Thelemis

No, of course! Your duties are you own, as mine are mine. I'll just be over here.

It vanished in a puff of smoke and appeared a few miles away on the highest point it could find.

A cathedral sprung up from the ground, sculpted impossibly out of massive tarot cards. The arching dome itself in the center of the room was a masterful display of engineering and geometry. Inside the cathedral, space was somehow strange: once you stepped inside, it didn’t look as if you were inside anything at all, most of the time; sometimes the realm took the form of a fine sitting room, a walled garden, a theatre, or a banquet hall, but more often than not it was an endless, dark void. A massive gameboard floated in the abyss that would serve as ground for whatever meeting Thelemis was having, sometimes chess, sometimes dice, and sometimes a game that never existed on the mortal plane and never would exist. For visitors, Thelemis usually manifested some sort of ground or stable surface. Usually.

Satisfied, the mask vanished again and appeared next to Parda, taking the physical form of an old man in flowing white robes and maintaining the expressionless mask over his face.

Hello. I thought I should introduce meyself. I'm Thelemis, the king of quick magic. It's a pleasure to be working with you.

Spoiler
    Show

1 Minor Act for my realm
    Last edited by Virgo; 2008-11-07 at 10:46 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45

Zuli
    To Huang Long, the Dragon Emperor:
    Ya mon, Ah'll give ya dat, mah people will revere ya as another spirit, known as Long, and dey be praisin ya fo da waters and rain.

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ikibe

The Quiet God watched his fellows work and was pleased. His smile etched across the sky, as his form was immaterial. Creation and innovation existed in many forms, and his hand would not be needed in the setting of the foundation.

Thelemis's words made that smile a full blown grin, for his purpose was clear.

What a nice plane you have here. But plain. A positivly plain plane. Plainly planar tedium, although the souls of the dead add a nice touch. Very avant garde. Mind if I move in?
    It would be his place to bring art to the world.

Raw divine power circled and whirled, boiling up from the earth and down from the skies. All across the world the animals shrieked and screamed as the energy of Creation passed through them. A hint of form could seen out of the corner of every eye, and a mighty hand shot into the sky. The planet's molten core surged and plates that formed the world leapt up with it, mountain ranges in all shape and form rippled up and across the surface. Ash flew into the sky and fire flowed like water as the earth itself twisted into patterns innumerable. Spires of rock stretch far into the sky, dragging its lofty presence back down to the earth. Fire boiled beneath the sea as islands grew up and trenches sunk down. Mighty deserts blight lush forests in the shadow of massive mountains, fickle weather dies without moisture to power it and the rolling expanses of temperate zones spread across the center of the planet.

Into the wild energy of creation, Ikibe thrust his other "hand" into the earth. With a mighty pull he raised a singular mountain in the center of the temperate zones. This modest edifice was hollow within, and to it he brought his three-fold blessing. The Blessing of Earth, so that his people may be safe from forces beyond their ken. The Blessing of Runes, that fear may not enter its sacred halls. The Blessing of Creation, that his people may be fruitful and multiple without worry or strife.

Into Mighty Thrinax, Ikibe breathed the life of his children. The Jakaru (see Status page) would walk this world first of their kind, protected from above and below by their lord. As his parting gift, Ikibe touched their lives and encouraged them to spring forth and explore this new creation.

His work now done, The Quiet God retreated on high, tired but satisfied with what had been wrought.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 Major Act used: Ikibe connects the wayward pieces of creation. Sea meets sky meets land meets sea, life begets death and death begets life. I.e., the physical laws.

2 Major Acts used: Ikibe creates his First People, his Jakaru.

4 Minor Acts used: Thrinax created and Thrice Blessed.

Note: The Jakaru are currently restricted to Thrinax, and will not begin expanding their culture until next turn. You will find them throughout creation, but they will pass like the wind, content to explore.
    Last edited by Jansviper; 2008-11-07 at 10:58 PM.
    "And I may be a moron."
    "Yes you are a moron.
    "But I am a moron with a dream! And that my friends, is the most dangerous kind of moron."

"Well, I think we all know which ship Jans was on."

Theme Music Carcer Zoviir Matthew

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    Thelemis

No, of course! Your duties are you own, as mine are mine. I'll just be over here.

It vanished in a puff of smoke and appeared a few miles away on the highest point it could find.

A cathedral sprung up from the ground, sculpted impossibly out of massive tarot cards. The arching dome itself in the center of the room was a masterful display of engineering and geometry. Inside the cathedral, space was somehow strange: once you stepped inside, it didn’t look as if you were inside anything at all, most of the time; sometimes the realm took the form of a fine sitting room, a walled garden, a theatre, or a banquet hall, but more often than not it was an endless, dark void. A massive gameboard floated in the abyss that would serve as ground for whatever meeting Thelemis was having, sometimes chess, sometimes dice, and sometimes a game that never existed on the mortal plane and never would exist. For visitors, Thelemis usually manifested some sort of ground or stable surface. Usually.

Satisfied, the mask vanished again and appeared next to Parda, taking the physical form of an old man in flowing white robes and maintaining the expressionless mask over his face.

Hello. I thought I should introduce meyself. I'm Thelemis, the king of quick magic. It's a pleasure to be working with you.

Spoiler
    Show

1 Minor Act for my realm

"Oh and you as well. Thelemis, tell me, do you see the benefit of a society with benevolent rulers, or a free society with laws which reinforce the importance of freedom?"

18. - Top - End - #48

Theremis

The old man put a finger to the chin of the mask.

I certainly don't object. Laws are good to some degree, though. Some should be kept, and some should be broken. What would you break if you didn't have rules? People, I suppose, which would be messy.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    Theremis

The old man put a finger to the chin of the mask.

I certainly don't object. Laws are good to some degree, though. Some should be kept, and some should be broken. What would you break if you didn't have rules? People, I suppose, which would be messy.
    "I simply hope to establish a Pantheon of Arcane gods among us." Parda explained. "In addition to completing a permanent state of Golden Age on the planet for the coming mortals who will live there."

20. - Top - End - #50

Theremis

The man popped out of existance and the mask remained, bobbing excitedly in midair.

That sounds delightful. I know some of the nicest people! They can join us and we'll all have tea and cheese and be magical!

To punctuate the point, a flock of winged teacups burst from thin air and fluttered happily away.

((Yes, New Star joke.))

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Parda... wondered for a moment. "Yeah sure."

He wondered if it was safe to drink.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

Whraheit
    "I say. Did someone mention Arcane? I myself happen to be a god of wizardry old bean."
    The god speaks with an odd "British" accent, and his monocle seems to glow slightly as he observes the two.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Parda

"Hello... Wraheit.... I couldn't help but notice that you are a lord of magic... I think it would be best if gods of magic could establish ourselves in our own little niche in the world."

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

"I must concur with your statement sir. Magic is a sacred art that is to be treasured, adn nutured. May some pwoer above save us all if it were to ever fall into the wrong hands."

25. - Top - End - #55

Thelemis

The teacups take their leave as a female figure appears behind the mask, dressed in dignified 'Victorian' garb. She waves a gloved hand idly and fanned herself with a splayed hand of playing cards. She spoke with a similar accent.

Aah, sir, I'm charmed. But I'm far too flightly for you big books and careful study. Why would I want to do that?

The lady and the cards vanished into violet fireworks, and the mask cackled.

Life's too short!

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Parda
    "Well, Theremis, you too, can benefit from Magick, as well as your great sorcery. But anyway, forget about learning magic for a moment, and just think about the strangle hold on the Astral we would have over mortals.... TO my knowledge none of you are evil. If we could have magic to ourselves we could have the ability to introduce school after school until the entire planet is covered with academies and towers dedicated to our arts."

27. - Top - End - #57

Huang Long, the Dragon Emperor

Huang Long smiled. Well, as much as one could tell, from a dragon.

"Then it is settled." he said, rising back into the sky. "You may wish for your people to begin naming that which is around them. Perhaps it will become of importance." he hinted, in a final word.

Clouds gathered above the mountain, and a great torrent fell across the mountain, forming channels and filling the great valley with water. Then, he gathered wood from the forests and gold from the rivers, and built a shrine at the edge of the newly formed lake.

Then the Dragon Emperor departed - another god had tampered with his domain, and it would need to be set right. The spires of rock were the first to go, as the great dragon wrapped itself around the spires and snapped them off at the level of the moderately high clouds. Mountains had already formed to that height before, but they could not pass any further, just like the sky did not intrude into the earth. Then he brought forth the rains to erode the stumps of the spires into mountains and to pour forth and become rivers.

What right did the Earth have to intrude upon the Air? None, that was what, and Huang Long gathered up the severed spires and planted them around Thrinax in a circle. The waters of the sky were forbidden to that place. Though clouds would still pass over that mountain, no rain would fall. No river would meander through, and no lake would form at its base.

Spoiler
    Show
    Minor Act: Create Lake between troll city and mountain.
    Non-Act: Create Medium Building (Shrine) at Lake.
    Minor Act: Destroy Spires that have been brought into the sky (Sky Domain).
    Minor Act: Forbid Rain to Thrinax
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2008-11-07 at 11:35 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

"And freedom is something I value aswell dear. But magic must be protected is all I was saying."

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Akteron

*The world has changed. Links between previously separate things have been forged. It was good.*

To Ikibe
    That was a Good thing you did. I sense we share a sort of kinship....I hope to explore it further someday.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ikibe

The Quiet God saw the Dragon Emperor's actions and was amused. Creation was such a new thing and yet the others were already so very possessive about it. Far from taking offense, this act pleased him greatly. Was not recreation a part of the eternal cycle? Huang Long was already aiding the flow, and for that he had Ikibe's silent thanks.

He was not worried about his First People, they would weather this and much more. If he raised his hand now, they would come to expect it in the times to come. No, the Jakaru would adapt and survive. It was how he had created them, and the way things would be.

To Akteron

No, it was a thing, neither bad nor good.

Ikibe smiled as if that explained all, and turned back to watching creation.
    Last edited by Jansviper; 2008-11-07 at 11:54 PM.
    "And I may be a moron."
    "Yes you are a moron.
    "But I am a moron with a dream! And that my friends, is the most dangerous kind of moron."

"Well, I think we all know which ship Jans was on."

Theme Music Carcer Zoviir Matthew