New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Blank Slate IC

1. - Top - End - #751
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Blank Slate IC

Quote Originally Posted by Jansviper View Post
    In the deepest heart of Godshall, an expression flickered cross Ikibe's face. It was an odd thing, of light and shadow, energy and void. It was alien, and if it god were present they would have been struck by how utterly out of place it looked.

In Mighty Thrinax, Home that had been Blessed, twelve children were born.
    It took little to no time for the other Jakaru to realize there was something different about the children. Likely because these twelve reached full maturity within a year. It also could have been the fact that they were screaming piles of tortured flesh, considering the burden they bore.

These Twelve were directly linked to the Well of Cognition, and yes, even to the mirror of that place inside Godshall. Their souls had been changed, strengthened, warped, evolved into a form that could withstand the entirety of the Jakaru's collective memory in mortal form. For they had transcended mortality, they had become the first of Ikibe's Phrenikers.

Quickly the Phrenikers were ushered into their proper place in Jakaru society. For the most able ruled the small furry people, and who was more able than they?

Spoiler
    Show
    1 Major Act Used: Created 12 Phrenikers. The only physical difference between the bodies of these Jakaru and their brothers is that they live for about 120 years. These souls are powerfully gifted psychics, touched by divine power and possessing not only full knowledge of their own past lives, but the memories of every Jakaru to have lived.

Besides their mental powers, Phrenikers are accomplished long distance teleporters and can do so at will. Afterall, there aren't many places the Jakaru haven't (or won't have) been.

They are all currently inside Thrinax.
    "And I may be a moron."
    "Yes you are a moron.
    "But I am a moron with a dream! And that my friends, is the most dangerous kind of moron."

"Well, I think we all know which ship Jans was on."

Theme Music Carcer Zoviir Matthew

2. - Top - End - #752
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kuto

Kuto saw the volcano erupt. He liked the smell. It was sooty and earthy while not being dirty like the rest of the ground.

From the top, he saw the hell hound fly out. Taking pity on the creature he conjured up a small twister and scooped the canine up. He decided to give it a chance to live in the skies and eventually return to it's master. He took the flaming body and turned its front pows into wings and its hind ones to talons. He gave the beast a beak instead of a muzzle but the power of flame was still there.

Kuto decided to name the new creature "firebird" for that was what it was. It was beautiful and terrifying at the same time. He sent the bird back to the volcano to meet its master once again with a bright blue stone. The stone would tell Volkano that Kuto had made this great creature.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 minor act to create the first firebird and the species.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ettin in the Playground

Kein

It had taken months to get the required information from their spies and sneaks - there was a cult hiding in the heart of the Kyba Empire. A cult worshipping an intolerant god who declared anything that displeased him unholy and worked to bring heresy down. Including the gods-fearing Kybans.

Setto had been furious when he had heard of it, and only Kein's elite had even heard of the cult - keeping such information away from spies. Most of the soldiers following him had been told that they were attacking a cult worshipping Xiren in the heart of the Empire. Many such cults had sprung up for a while until Merrix, Setto's scribe, began casting spells from a book given to Setto. Merrix's sanity had become erratic, but given a contingent of guards around him he was fine.

Kein's signature bloodstained headscarf fluttered in the wind behind him as they made their way towards the normal-looking house, with lights in the upstairs windows. The door was unusually barred, and it took three slams before collapsing beneath Kein, his soldiers smashing windows and charging in. The cultists inside had weapons drawn, blaspheming Mia's holy weapon with their culty hands. Kein yelled, "For Mia and Moghor! In Arcadia!" The first cultist who charged forward was met by Kein's platinum shield in his face, slamming him bodily against the corridor wall. Kein's sword flashed in the candlelight as the bandit-knight danced between the cultists, his warriors flooding the house. "Take prisoners! We need their information!" One in particular fought bravely, killing warrior after warrior - one called Saldin.

Warriors backed away from Saldin's blade, but the house was soon taken, leaving only Saldin and a few cultists stranded from the hidden passages beneath the house by platinum-clad warriors. Kein stepped into the bloodstained room with Saldin, raising his bloody blade.

"Surrender! ...In Arcadia!" he yelled.

Mia

"Um... Huang Lung? I was going to talk to you about a fountain?"
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Moghor Rezamir

Moghor appeared in one of Kyba's dreams.

"Be careful with the tome you've found. It is no ordinary grimoire. Every time one of those spells is used, the mind of the caster is corrupted by Chaos. It is a slow process, but dangerous nonetheless. To counter the influence of Nirehk, I will grant you and your people the capacity to use Earth magic."

And Moghor was true to his word. He designed a school of magic that would relate to protection, strength and destruction at the same time. Now, both divine and arcane casters would have access to Earth magic.

Spoiler
    Show
    2 major acts to create Earth Magic
    I'm tired of the classic D&D schools. Earth magic has a bit of abjuration, conjuration, transmutation and even a bit of evocation. It deals with protection (both physical and mental), including various wards (repel animals/earth and metal) and transmutations (stone shape), terrain manipulation, binding as well as offensive transmutations.

5. - Top - End - #755

PirateCaptain

Volkano

Volkano ignored Moghor for a few minutes while he realised his wrath upon the door. It did not budge. After several minutes, Volkano was grumpy, but felt better and allowed his creations to cease their hiding. He decided he would need a champion. Focusing his powers intensly, he created a powerful avatar. The avatar was a tall humaniod-fire elemental, around 9 foot in height, fairly slim, but muscular (as far as fire went). He named it Inferno and commanded it to search for a way to open the door. He blessed the avatar with increased strength and the ability to act on it's own, but still think in the ideals of it's master. And with that, he went to see Moghor.

Spoiler
    Show
    Major Act to create Inferno, an avatar and used 2 Minor Acts to give him incredible strength and self initiative (meaning it doesn't require direction from Volkano, but will still obey him)

Volkano to Moghor

"I do not mind, Moghor. Perhapsssssss we sssssssshould place him underground, where the originsssssssss of my magma ressssside?" Suggested Volkano.

Meanwhile, back in the volcano, the Hellhound/Firebird swooped and landed next to Inferno. It approached the giant avatar and placed the stone in front of it. The avatar read the stone and nodded, sending the Firebird to a room to rest. Inferno would tell Volkano later, but it was likely he would be pleased at the new development of his creatures. Not only were they on fire, but they could glide through the air. A development with plenty of potential.
    I drew this line myself

6. - Top - End - #756
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Moghor Rezamir to Volkano

"But what will he guard? Perhaps an underground domain where we will store some of our greatest treasures and where our servants could gather and exchange information? I shall soon create a new type of elementals to populate it."

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ettin in the Playground

Setto Kyba

Yes, a guild of Earthmages had been one of his most excellent ideas - up there with crafting Nullsteel. And who would be a better mage than Setto Kyba himself?

Oh, those who had learned it first had whispered behind his back, wondering if Setto's ego had made him rash and overconfident. Then they had found that Setto was the best Earthmage in Clan Kyba, and they were silent.

Earthmages were becoming a lot less rarer in Clan Kyba, and were now one of the Clan's most powerful assets. And now Mocuben had staggered back from across the Troll Forests, talking of a species known as "Ruskies." Yes, this would be good...
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Troll in the Playground

Raminov

Raminov frowned. This was becoming a nuisance. He would deal with the Bringer of Chaos later. Most of the wyrms had died, the greater Chaos Beast had fallen to the Aspects superior strength, and the anarch-rats were wiped out almost as soon as they gathered in anything approximating high numbers. It was time to end this madness. Gathering his power Raminov sent a great divine mandate to all his lands. In all of his lands, the Chaos beasts and all other Chaos creatures simply vanished, as if they were never there. By the dozens, hundreds, thousands, the children of Nirhek simply vanished. Raminovs powerful and commanding voice echoed across his lands. And with this I have made my mandate. No child of Nirhek or bringer of such Chaos will be allowed inside of my lands. Not Now. Not Ever. I HAVE SPOKEN!

Spoiler
    Show
    1-2 Major Acts to destroy all Chaos creatures in my land, and bar anymore from entering. It will take at least a minor act to get a group of Anarch-rats into my lands, anything bigger is going to start taking Major acts. This also counts for the Grigs and other chaos-bringing little monsters. This doesn't bar anything chaotic in any way mind you, but creatures of chaos on that level can no longer exist in my lands.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

9. - Top - End - #759
    Ogre in the Playground

I already all the high-level ones back into my plane, you're only killing lesser monsters.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

10. - Top - End - #760
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by puppyavenger View Post
    I already all the high-level ones back into my plane, you're only killing lesser monsters.
    (... so? It means you can never send anything at my people again unless you use an extra major/minor act, and it basically makes the Trollgroves safe from anything but direct intervention)

11. - Top - End - #761
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

The Porter

Passing near Rusky lands, one of the three cloaks overheard the mandate of Raminov. Pausing, it stood silently, looking in the direction of the voice. The laws of travel had been tampered with.
    Old Avatar by Doran Liadon. Current Avatar from System Default

12. - Top - End - #762

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Omnik View Post
    Moghor Rezamir to Volkano

"But what will he guard? Perhaps an underground domain where we will store some of our greatest treasures and where our servants could gather and exchange information? I shall soon create a new type of elementals to populate it."
    Volkano to Moghor

Volkano thought for a moment. "An underground cavern sssssssseemsssssssss like a good idea. I too ssssssshall create elementalssssssss to populate it. Said Volkano. He smiled, if that were possible. "I can ssssssssssee usssss becoming powerful alliessssssssss."

Spoiler
    Show
    You can go ahead with this plan, although I've only got 2 major acts left and I'll be using them to create the elementals to populate the area
    I drew this line myself

13. - Top - End - #763
    Bugbear in the Playground

Huang Long, the Dragon Emperor

Huang Long returned to Mia, pressing matters resolved.

"Apologies - other matters took my attention for a moment. Yes, I would not be adverse to such an idea."

---

Of Houl and Alienists

For the most part, the Houlese were able to resist the temptation to employ strange, forbidden magics. This was mainly because of their favoured status with the River Dragons, and the spells seemed to be bizarre fixing-something-that-ain't-broke forbidden texts.

It didn't take long for the city to declare Alienism forbidden, and a great many texts were burnt when studious scholars reported that the magics had the potential to summon creatures of chaos, which could be very bad news indeed. That didn't stop a few people from being silly about it, but then what could you do except find them and jail them?

After all - Anarch-Rats? What, were they some kind of evil Bureaucrat? Well, they could just sic the Bureaucrats on them, let them handle their evil twins. They had too many of them anyway.

Spoiler
    Show
    The real problem with Anarch-Rats is that they're invisible, incorporeal, and impossible to capture. So while the River Dragons kill whatever ones they find, for the mortals it's basically just the equivalent of bad luck from time to time.

14. - Top - End - #764

Kuto

He looked down at the mortals that wallowed on the ground. There were quite a few of them indeed and they were proving to be quite resourceful. Kuto already had several fishing villages that occasionally prayed to him for favorable winds and the river dragons and spirits that wandered the earth felt his presence as well, but other than that, the ground was out of his reach. This would not have concerned him, but he wanted to make sure that the other gods and people did not ignore his considerable influence over the planet. His gift to the world was taken for granted, but Kuto would not be ignored.

Across the world, a fog fell over many of the major cities and civilizations open to the skies and mists (as opposed to underground, in volcanoes or in deserts.) These fogs lasted for three days and three nights. on the last day, a number of spirit people came forth from the mists and made their proclomation.

In due time, there will be a series of wonders. These will bring either bounty or destruction. Our lord, Kuto, in his benevolence has given the choice of what will happen to you mortals.

On the first day, the clouds will become thick and low, plunging your lands into shadow until night falls. They will release their contents upon your crops.

On the second day, great bolts of searing light will strike the earth.

On the third day, great winds will scour your mountains and hills, and rip through your forests.

And on the last day, stars will fall from the skies.

To find favor with Kuto, the wind lord, all you must do is build a modest shrine and give him thanks as you chose. Deny his glory and you will be punished but acknowledge him and he will bless you and protect you from storms that ravage the land.

As suddenly as they appeared, the spirits left and the fogs lifted. The people of the planet were left to go about their buisness.

Spoiler
    Show
    Remember, Kuto hasn't invented lightning yet. He intends to, though.

--------------

Cloud Cities

The starmen had been left completely alone for almost 200 years. Without interruption, but still in possesion of knowledge of the turmoil below, large cities were constructed of strange materials that were not found on the planet below. These cities were never seen by mortals for they never saw more than the clouds that concealed the grand edifices.

Each city would have two shrines. One dedicated to the skies and Huan Long and one dedicated to the stars and Kuto. Sky magics were also studied by these spirit people though they prefered to use the powers that Kuto had given their race.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Moghor Rezamir

Moghor sought Kuto.

"I hear you are being quite aggressive with the mortals. Is that how you want things to be? Forced worship? Some people say I'm evil, and even I don't threaten to destroy all the civilizations living on the ground if they don't build a shrine in my name."
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-11-16 at 05:54 PM.

16. - Top - End - #766

Kuto looked at the earth god and frowned

They did it again, didn't they. Trying to make me out to be some terrible lord of destruction. I had better stop using them to carry my messages.

As a storm god, destruction is all that I have going for me. All you need to do is to give them a bribe and boom, weak willed mortals worship you. Now me, I have given the mortals a chance to reap my benefits, but how can they see that I have been good to them all these years without showing them how terrible and chaotic things will be without my influence? No, the only way they can see is if I break a few things. I don't like doing it, but I will not be ignored!

Tell me, what do the people of the planet think of the fishing villages that give me a prayer to them every now and then? They think I am some false or imaginary god, a figurehead! To them, the air was not created. They think it was there for them to begin with. They think everything is for their pleasure and they squabble among themselves for their fair share, the greedy, selfish apes!

As for you, do not make yourself out to be more morral. No one said you were evil but yourself. Would you say that I am "good" then? Bah! You know nothing.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley_ View Post
    Kuto looked at the earth god and frowned

They did it again, didn't they. Trying to make me out to be some terrible lord of destruction. I had better stop using them to carry my messages.

As a storm god, destruction is all that I have going for me. All you need to do is to give them a bribe and boom, weak willed mortals worship you. Now me, I have given the mortals a chance to reap my benefits, but how can they see that I have been good to them all these years without showing them how terrible and chaotic things will be without my influence? No, the only way they can see is if I break a few things. I don't like doing it, but I will not be ignored!

Tell me, what do the people of the planet think of the fishing villages that give me a prayer to them every now and then? They think I am some false or imaginary god, a figurehead! To them, the air was not created. They think it was there for them to begin with. They think everything is for their pleasure and they squabble among themselves for their fair share, the greedy, selfish apes!

As for you, do not make yourself out to be more morral. No one said you were evil but yourself. Would you say that I am "good" then? Bah! You know nothing.

"You are one arrogant god, as I thought. Never said I was moral. Never even said I didn't like your methods. The thing is, while you may not be able to affect my underground realm, you upset some of my followers living on the surface. So I have to oppose you. In any case, I don't see why they should even prey to you. Okay, you have created air and fluffy clouds. Now what? All you do is fashion some weird creatures in the sky and put them on shiny cities no one can see. Oh my! What a great deity! When they worship ME, the mortals get a real benefit. They can touch the precious metals, gems and other treasures. They actually use my gifts for something, may it be fighting or trading. Listen now, you obese and ugly flying whale! You don't want to start a war with the Earth Gods. The planet will be ripped apart if that happens. And I kinda like this world. So do what you must to show the mortals your power. Fill the sky with this "lightning" if you wish. But destroying entire villages with your storms? Launching stars right into MY territory? NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!"

18. - Top - End - #768
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Xiren

The Grigs

"-We shall bring them Mother's love, brothers !! These pagans will die to the last !! Their corpses shall become fertilizers for the Blood Flower's creations !! All with me !!"
    "-Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiark !!!"

It was by a dark night that the Tongue Chewers departed from the Putrid Swamp for a pilgrimage to the lands of the Ruskies. 74 Grigs, with weapons, equipments, seeds and animals, ready to wreck havoc on the heretics.
    In a joyful anarchy, they took off and switched on their magical power, illuminating the skies with purple, blue and green lights as each of the fairies was now surrounded by a pale glow.

They had been flying all night when they finally saw the lights of the first Ruskie camps. Every single of the "pilgrims" made a sadistic smile as they switched the fires off and took their short bows. The tactic was a drill than most of them knew : they would swarm it, firing poisoned darts at anybody in sight before marking it with a green magical fairy fire. No real fighting. They would do it again and again, until all targets would be surrounded by green lights, meaning all had been hurt by the darts. Then they would retreat and wait until dawn...and launch the final attack against those few spared by the poison.

As the priest gave the signal, all began to laugh like maniacs...before hitting a invisible wall. They kept flying but felt weaker and weaker after each meter. Finally, some of them landed to puke. The assault was a complete failure. The priest knew it. The priest felt it. Letting his fallen pilgrims behind, he flew back to the Putrid Swamp.

--------------
    The Dryad Kingdom

"-I want more."
    Sfarisa had spoken. And Tzymik the Fair was speechless.
    "-But...with the veil, we cannot..."
    "-I said MORE !! And stronger !! Those ones are weaklings who'll not even survive a winter !!"
    When she spoke of weaklings, everybody knew she wasn't speaking of the Holy Shambling Mound at her side, nor of the 14 muscular Trolls and Ruskies surrounding her throne of bones and vines. These creatures had been respected warriors among their people once. Now, they were but empty shells, their willpower crushed by Sfarisa so that they could serve her. They were her bodyguards and most usefull toys.
    But they weren't enough to please the Dryad. And so, the grig bands had supplied the tyrannic Daughter of Xiren with nearly 200 slaves. Mainly Jakarus but also Ruskie children and young Trolls. Though not charmed, they were now too weak to revolt. Some of them among the most weak-minded had been chosen as taskmasters. They were continuously charmed by the grigs and received better treatment, more food and even private quarters, while their brothers were treated even worse than like livestock.
    There was the rising power inside the Putrid Swamp : the Dryad Kingdom.

Not a true kingdom but more a "alliance" of powerful self-proclaimed "Queens" who tolerated each other as long as they couldn't overpower their neighbors safely. Those of the dryads not powerful enough to carve their own territory had a choice : prove themselves useful to a Queen or find a tree outside of the Dryad Kingdom, which extended now to two thirds of the Putrid Swamp.
    The grigs were the slave hunters and emissaries, the ones who traveled to bring back more and more slaves for the dryads to play with. They had also to charm the taskmasters, check the common slaves and patrol the borders.

One day, the Kingdom would become the first nation in the world. The only nation. Already, slaves worked at extending the Swamp southern border, digging the dry soil so that the muddy water could flow and that more of Xiren's creations could flourish. But for now, all of this was slowed down by one thing : the Veil, the Invisible Wall, the Great Barrier. A magical protection set by the Ruskies. Nobody knew how they had done it. But Sfarisa knew that, if the slave supply was cut, the Kingdom would not grow.

"-I said MORE !! Maybe should I find ANOTHER cabal to sell me toys ?!! Or maybe should I just make YOU my toy ?"
    "-Won't be necessary, my Queen. We'll find a way."
    "-I'm sure you will. You have two weeks."

19. - Top - End - #769
    Troll in the Playground

Out of the clouds a stone bust of Raminov appears next to Moghor. As ever I support you in this Moghor. Law is on your side. He turns to Kuto And Moghor is right. You sit here in your clouds, lazing about and looking down on the rest of the world, putting us down for "playing in the mud" and thinking our peoples below you, keeping your own followers seperate from the rest of the world, and then one day you just... DECIDE, that the mortals below do not worship you enough? What arrogance is this that you can pretend we are lower than you and do nothing to prove your existence, but to become angry and wrathful that the mortals do not know of your existence because you have done nothing to give them knowledge of it? This is arrogance, pure and simple. None but an arrogant god could expect mortals to know everything they've done and to worship them for it when they do nothing to inform them. You assume that because you made the air they should thank you for it, and perhaps you are right, but how are they to know you did this when you did nothing to make this clear?

20. - Top - End - #770
    Ettin in the Playground

Ther Lord of balance saw muc creation happening within the world beneath him, and he watched as the doppleganers he had created worked day, and night to mjaintain his ultimatum of balance between the forces of good, and evil. Yet, the forces of evil seemed to be ahead he saw great beasts of darkness, and vast expanses of disgusting swamps being formed. thus with his major act he took the blade of purity, and with his power made it into a great spear which he dubbed "Gransuer" or Spear of Heaven, and imbued it with his power to purify, and his innate prowess in battle. then using the power he had left he gave it sentience not in the form to move, and dance upon its own will but with the ability to contact others telepathicly, and most powerfully it would communicate with its weilder warning him of impending danger, and bestowing upon it a few innate magical abilities with which it could store the energies of the weilder to produce magical effects upon the weilders command which could only be made in a secret lagnauge that only the God himself, and Io could teach to the mortal who may one day recieve this sacred spear as a gift from Wharheit.
    Then he descended upon the world, and eventually came upon a stream where he saw a group of Dopplegangers drinking from it after a hard days journey. Veiling himself in shadow he watched silently from the bushes as he saw them prepare camp, and get ready for the night. Then something odd happened a dumb (non sentient) leopard leaped from the woods obviously fleeing something as it had a arrow in its side and a trap around its foot. Curious as to what this being was running from he was astounded to find that there was a group of Dopplegangers his own people veiled to be like lithe humans hunting the animals of the forest.. This wasnot bringing balance, this helped no one other than themselves. Thus he struck out with Gransuer at the led hunter immolating him in the purest flame, and a black vile ooze fell from him and there he fell. Not dead, but forever cursed to be at the mercy of others as he could not even move from his face down postition unless aided by another. But, alas non were there to assist him for they had fled at the sight of the god in bestial form never to return.

21. - Top - End - #771

Of Houl and Gods
    And how they discovered Kuto

As the starman boomed, Kitty made himself visible and went to tap the starman on the shoulder.

"Yes, yes, we can take it from here." he said, turning to the assembled onlookers. "By the way, they'll have trouble seeing you if you have fog everywhere."

When the spirit people had departed, the Houlese set to work erecting a temple to Kuto, no smaller nor greater than the Dragon Emperor's, for doctrine said that they were equal in stature and worked together to create the wonders of the air.

Huang Long, the Dragon Emperor

Huang Long rushed in to see what the commotion was, that two foreign gods had intruded on the Heavenly Court.

"What is the matter here? Why do you call so loud?" he demanded.

22. - Top - End - #772

Kuto

And you are as stupid and blind as I thought. I do not ask for "worshippers," I seek acknowledgement. Acknowledgement that this world is not meant to be paradise. Akerton will handle that and you can do what you want to them when they are dead. How appropriate. Just like cattle. Maybe Nirhek was on to something. What will you do, hmm? Give them more precious gemstones and metals? Will they make their homes with such things? They will tire of your gifts. Without me, you will grow old and become forgotten. No one will care. You give them something they can touch, yes, but I give them something they can use.

And destroy civilizations? Why would I wan't to do that. I am not as petty and shallow as you are, mud god.

He grinned broadly. It was not pleasant.

I could go on all day, showing you how stupid you are. Do you want this to be a shouting match? You wouldn't like a shouting match with me. And you happen to be up here. How nice.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Moghor Rezamir

"You know nothing of the world below. Both of you, Sky Gods, are idealists or bureaucrats... You think yourself better than all the gods because you live up here. Well, I'll tell you something. The heart of this world is at the core of the planet. And you happen to be as far as possible from it. How fitting.

You think I want this world to be a paradise? You are truly an idiot. Don't pretend to understand what this world is about when you do nothing but swim in the sky all day. What kind of sense will you give them? You are the definition of idle. You are disgusting. Without the gifts of the earth, there would be no civilization outside your petty spirit men. If you can't understand that, than you deserve no mercy.

If you go on with your plan...Know that any of your star men that come close to the ground, the hills or the mountains will be destroyed on sight. Even when there is mist...none will be spared. Mark my words. "

24. - Top - End - #774

The Troll tribes, for the most part, had settled in to these brave new lands. The River Troll Tribe had already helped the Yanze nation develop, and thus were integrated into other societies and learned their arts.

The Cavern Trolls took their knack of fungi farming into the caverns, which were good for such activities. They began classifying rocks, fungus, and cavern creatures. They began to look darker, with smaller eyes with each generation and larger ears.

The Volcano Trolls lived in the shadows of these mountains of fire and studied the flora and fauna that lived their. Their skin began to get tough and black, fire resistant.

The Polar Trolls classified the flora and fauna of the poles, while living in igloos and other small settlements. Their skin began to look blue, with pale hair, and the next generation's ears were a little smaller, and their noses were a little bigger.

The jungle trolls studied the flora and fauna of the jungles, living in stone settlements like their forest troll bretheren, but they were shallower and had more space. They looked thinner than they were, and their tusks were a bit bigger.

Spoiler
    Show
    The swamp trolls I'll leave to Xiren, because they will be mutated by the Mutagenic Seed.

The Dream Trolls were to travel the dreamscape. They studied the dreamscape and became allies of the dream dogs. Their physical bodies became smaller as their dream forms became more prominent.

The trolls that followed Mia learned the ways of the sword and to travel fast. They looked skinnier than the normal trolls, but that was it.

The trolls of the library of knowlege took on the task of learning the whole library. Their bodies were deminished but their heads were bigger.
    Here's something you may not have considered: being torn asunder HURTS.
    Ponified Diablo 3 Monk granted to me by Akrim.Elf, a thousand blessings be to her!

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Diablo 3 Monk avatar blessed upon me by CrimsonAngel, and his awesome art skillz.

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

25. - Top - End - #775
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley_ View Post
    Kuto

And you are as stupid and blind as I thought. I do not ask for "worshippers," I seek acknowledgement. Acknowledgement that this world is not meant to be paradise. Akerton will handle that and you can do what you want to them when they are dead. How appropriate. Just like cattle. Maybe Nirhek was on to something. What will you do, hmm? Give them more precious gemstones and metals? Will they make their homes with such things? They will tire of your gifts. Without me, you will grow old and become forgotten. No one will care. You give them something they can touch, yes, but I give them something they can use.

And destroy civilizations? Why would I wan't to do that. I am not as petty and shallow as you are, mud god.

He grinned broadly. It was not pleasant.

I could go on all day, showing you how stupid you are. Do you want this to be a shouting match? You wouldn't like a shouting match with me. And you happen to be up here. How nice.
    Perhaps you have spent too long in these high altitudes. You don't seem to get it. If it is acknowledgment you want, merely ask the Ruskies and Taurra for it, and you will get it. It was this way with Zuli and his Trolls. Life like a paradise? Are you BLIND or have you not noticed the constant assaults by Nirheks abominations. There is not a tribe or a city or a nation that was not touched by their chaotic influence, my people are yet reeling from those incidents. My concern is not if my people will acknowledge you, for they will, my PROBLEM is the unending line of gods that demand acknowledgment or worship or else my people will suffer. I let my people fend for themselves, Laws only know they are hardy and resourceful enough to survive and thrive, but I do not take kindly to gods sending yet more threats to destroy their way of life.

26. - Top - End - #776

Kuto kept grinning.

You're just jealous you didn't think of it first. Frankly, I don't care what you or any earth gods can do. You are far too one dimentional and uncreative for anything like that. You're too late, Moghor. I am doing what I must, you don't like it, , now get off my cloud. I just cleaned it.

You too, Raminov. You have no buisness here. Your concerns are unfounded. I asked and if they do, they shall be quite pleased with the results, I assure you.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

((OOC: As I explained in the OOC thread, Moghor is not actually in the sky. Either the gods are meeting near a mountain peak, or the four gods are part of a 4-men telepathic conversation.))

"Very well. We will see if the other gods accept your irrational explications. Never forget that you are two in your pantheon, while mine has three gods. And with the god of Law and Unity against you...things could get ugly. In any case, I shall destroy any star man that comes to close to any mountain, hill or plain myself."

And Moghor left for his domain.

((OOC: Does your pantheon has 3 gods? I forget. If that's the case, just ignore the comment about the pantheon.))
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-11-16 at 07:29 PM.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Troll in the Playground

Raminov

As it was a bust floating in midair, and made completely out of stone, it could not physically convey Raminovs frustration at the stupidity of this bloated whale, but he hopes his voice carried the feeling over. Look you oversized, floating sack of air. I will tell you but once. Do not presume to order me around. I was never concerned that my people would be harmed, I knew they would take the safest path and honor you. That is not the problem. The problem is I don't want you, or the rest of the gods out there, think you are free to about and threaten my people and demand their acknowledgment or worship. In fact, given that I allowed for such order and society to exist, perhaps your Star Men should acknowledge me as the Bearer of Law, the Bringer of Unity and the Lord of Civilization?

29. - Top - End - #779
    Ettin in the Playground

The god of balance, combat, shadow, and purity has been examing this conversation, and situation with grat interest, and had been quite outraged at the rain of fire that had decimated the land below and now contacte the three telepathicly.
    "Now, hold it there. War is not something that should be the first reaction to a transgression. I myself will work to restore the land to its former glory, but a war amongst the gods is not something that should be thrown around due to the lives of a few hundred mortals. A penelaty should be placed on the sky god that is sure, but war is not something that should be done. I suggest a penealty of a equal number of worshippers, and materials to what was lost plus 100 worshippers of the sky gods own to show that he truely regrets his actions. If the tithe is not payed within the century then I will allow a forced seizure of the alloted materials. I know I'am no Law god, but I hope you will taker my suggestion."

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Xiren

As the earth trembled and the skies darkned from the gods "discussion", Xiren was woken up...and she was not happy about it. Just when her children had set a place for themselves, those pesky messengers had come from up there, asking for shrines to be built for their master ? Ha !! She didn't need to ask her followers to build her a shrine. They were too afraid of her bad mood to even think about NOT building one !! Closing her petals, the Blood Flower took off and reached for the skies.

"-Kuto, what's this all about ?!! You try to steal my followers, hey ?!! That's it, then ?! You want to test me ?! You want to anger Xiren, the Kind Mother ?!!"
    Though she was a being of chaos and malice, she knew better than to spite on a good opportunity. And this "Court of Gods" was too much fun to be ignored. So, she called for Huang Long.

"-Thief !! Kuto is threatening my to...hum, children !! He want to blow storms upon them but not out of his mood, Oh no !! He want to do it only on the mortals who refuse to worship him and to build him lavish temples !! My pooooor little grigs have no way to do so. You, who were so quick to assume the position of judge for Parda's trial, I'm begging you for help !! This...monster must be punish !! And I'm sure that other gods will agree to testify !!

She then sent a telepathic message to all the evil and neutral gods.
    "-Kuto wronged me. He wronged us all. Whatever we reproach him, we should do it together, my dear...brothers."
    To say this costed her but she wasn't the one to rub her pride for so little.
    "-I offer you my modest help to make this oversized fish get down of his cloud. Let's unite in court against him and, if we can, let's convince Cale and Huang Long to side with "Justice". If we cannot, we could always enact vengeance against the starmen."