New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Blank Slate IC

1. - Top - End - #181
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Blank Slate IC

Rudah to Nirhek

It seems that war an boiling water come from the same source, our Lord of Oceans great temper. Ice does not boil, ice rests. I will show you what I had in mind, and I hope that you continue your work so that I may continue mine.

Rudah then came to the tundra, the gray permafrost surrounding the poles where the land met them. He floated close to the ground, and where the hem of robe grazed the earth tall creatures sprang shivering into being. They had six limbs, like their creator though their hands were dexterous and useful. Their skin was plated with chitinous tissue, and their compound eyes could see far and wide. Their legs were strong and digigrade and made for travel over long distance, their feet were clawed and gripped the ice well. Yet he spared them the pain of hearing, instead noticing loud noises by the vibrations on their skin. Without ears they also had no voice, which pleased The Preserver to no end. They lived long but had few children and each tenth that bore mutation was still-born, so that they would know that what is different is deadly.

Gatekeeper! The souls of the still-born are yours, but I ask that you allow them to pass to Nirhek's realm, so that they may meet the reason for their undoing.

Spoiler
    Show
    2 major acts to create the Kinrii, the bug-people of the polar wastes. Think less Tri-Keen and more humans with four arms and bony plates.

1 minor act to cause all the mutated of the Kinrii to be still-born.
    Last edited by Sacrath; 2008-11-08 at 01:59 PM.
    "I'll give you a 10 second head start; if I catch you, I eat you."

2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Cale

"Well then, thats a good thing I suggested a cow," he replied nervously. He then turned towards Rominov, and said, "This seems reasonable. Do you agree?"

He finally turned towards the mad god, and said, "You say and eye for an eye, but I say turn the other cheek. And if that cheek is offended, turn another cheek. Mortals live in limited life spans, because without death, life is pointless."
    Last edited by Baxter190; 2008-11-08 at 02:01 PM.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

Akteron

To Rudah

Of course. Once your realm is complete, all your worshipers will pass to you. Until then, they will rest in your portion of my realm.
    Last edited by Krrth; 2008-11-08 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Spelling. Doh!
    Thanks to Edwin for the Avatar!

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

Raminov

Raminov jerked his head in a quick jerk. Two bovine a month it shall be then. He relayed this information in divine messages to his people, that to safely traverse the seas two Plains Bulls a month must be sacrificed to the seas. He turned to Nirhek. Bloodshed is indeed a necessary part of life, as is death. However, unless you wish to experience this insight first hand, perhaps you should watch your movements...very...carefully Raminov bared his large powerful teeth.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

5. - Top - End - #185
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Rudah, the Preserver

I must agree with Cale, death of any kind is to be avoided at any cost. If you wish to deal with sinners, I can easily teach your people to bind and hold, to lock and contain, so that the sins of those imprisoned might be remembered and avoided.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Moghor Raminov

Moghor thought nothing of that little argument.

"So, Raminov, what do you have planned for your people? I have been wondering what is the meaning of life on this planet, myself. As long as they value strength and hard work, I'll be pleased."
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-11-08 at 02:20 PM.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

Nirhek

to Cale ha! an eye for an eye would leave me with several oddly shaped holes in my head and everyone else with infections. I fail to see the problem. and you still haven't answered my question on the angels.

and what do you mean? the gatekeepers have no fear of death, how is death needed for life?

to Rudah
    thank you for the nice gift, they'll make great fodder for my new home!
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

8. - Top - End - #188
    Bugbear in the Playground

Syn

Syn's eyes floated in the darkness of space and looked upon the world with disgust. The gods had taken the purest most beautiful form and bastardized it with their actions. But worst of all was their meager concept of sight. It was in darkness that true sight and true form could be seen. Light was nothing more than attempt to hide the purest of all things.

Cale. Syn whispered to himself. As he moved toward the Sun.

And floating in the vastness of space that was between the Earth and the Sun, Syn stared deep into the light source. Growling in disgust he turned and faced the Earth. Letting out a cosmic howl, he cast his darkness upon the earth, engulfing it. But the darkness lasted only mere moments in the light of the Sun. But its lasting effects could be seen. Every creature, every plant, everything was now followed by darkness. Whether in the presence of the dimmest candle or in the brightest daylight, all would carry with them the reminder of darkness and its power. All now cast shadows.

And each shadow held within it the doorway to Syn's realm.

Spoiler
    Show

1 Major Act - Now shadows exist. And each is a doorway to Syn's yet-to-be-created realm of darkness.
    Last edited by Feirgon; 2008-11-08 at 02:25 PM.

9. - Top - End - #189

BardGuy

Cale

"Hello Moghor, how are you?" asked Cale. He then turned towards the mad god, and said, "I have them for in case of things like you, things that encourage wanton violence."

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Moghor Rezamir

"Oh hello Sun God. I am fine, thank you. We don't see each other much because I live undergound and you in the Heavens. Hey, that's how things are...I must say, I like how gold glimmers under the sun."

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Nirhek

define Wanton? I feel that all my actions are moving towards a discernable goal, and that none of them are meaningless.

and I haven't killed anyone.

appearing before Syn

Hello Dark one, may I ask the purpose of your action? what is your portfolio? what are your goals? maybe I can help.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

The serpent turns back to Ramoniv"What that so terrible?" Then it flies to where Syn is "We have a plane where there is no light. Only the cold dark grip of the ocean. I welcome you."
    Last edited by An Enemy Spy; 2008-11-08 at 02:17 PM.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

Raminov

Raminov snarled lightly at Cale, and continued speaking to Moghor, where his mood lightened Then in that we are agreed. The Ruskies are as I am, we value strength and hard work, we value community and togetherness. All members of a society have a purpose, and they all work to fulfill that purpose to the best of their abilities, and in this way there is equality. I would bring this gift to all the races of the world, so all are viewed as equals, from leaders to the poorest farmers.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

14. - Top - End - #194

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    The dolphin squeaked plesantly.

Exactly! I mean, how would you use a book? You're a WHALE!
    Kuto

Kuto smiled at the little god. He soid nothing, but it was a nice distraction from the actions of the others.

Speaking of which...

Will you look at that? Bad kinds of change, conflicts and sacrifices already.

He spoke to Barat-Kali and Raminov

I could argue that I have a right to those who die at sea as well. I can make the seas and the coast much more dangerous as I chose. I can also chose to make them calmer, such is the power of the winds. I do not like to show my power off in that manner, but I shall not be ignored. I will require no sacrifices, but I would like a prayer or two every now and then. It gets so quiet up here when all the trouble is caused down here.

15. - Top - End - #195

BardGuy

Cale

"True, but you encouraged a war, and a battle between gods. I'm no fool," Cale said, before appearing before Syn. Cale bowed before the new god, and said, "Hello, I am Cale, the light god. And who are you?"

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

Your storms are welcome to me. But you do not have the right to those who perish in my territory."

17. - Top - End - #197

Syn

Syn stared at the mad god. Looking back down to the earth, he slowly began to descend to the surface of the Earth. Without looking back at Nirhek he spoke.

My purpose...is darkness...

Syn ignored Cale as he passed him by. Giving only a slight growl at his presence and words.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Parda
    In yet another ritual, Parda chants and chants for hours.... he continues to chant incantations for long hours.... making everything exquisitely perfect. Parda imbaues his power into a golden circle traced on the ground with the symbol of a lightning bolt in the center. The chant was finished.... Somewhere on the unnamed planet (please name it) thousands of Sprites appeared through the incantation.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 Major act

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Moghor Rezamir

Moghor scratched his beard.

"I see. While I may not argue like you that every individual is equal, or even that community is as important as you say, I can see that you are a smart god. I wish you good luck in your future projects. We will speak again."

20. - Top - End - #200

BardGuy

Cale thought nothing of beiong ignored, and said to the darkness god, "Well then, I hope we can make a balance between the light and darkness." Cale then turned towards the world below them, Cadinae.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Rudah, the Preserver

I agree with Cale, balance fights to keep itself balanced and against change that would shift its stance. Balance will keep everything from dissolving into meaningless conflict.
    Last edited by Sacrath; 2008-11-08 at 02:30 PM.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Moghor Rezamir

Moghor sent a message to all the gods and goddesses of the world.

"There seem to be many arguments between the gods. Why don't we create a place, a neutral ground, where we can meet to hold council? This way, we won't have to teleport everywhere."

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

gthe grat wizard Wrharheit racthed his chin as he considered what to do with his power, and then it him him qwith a cry of EUREKA!, and a wave of his staff he imbued the Doppleganers with a natural aptitdue for magick, and with this came a resistance to the magicks of others. The prupose behind this was to give them protection from the magical detection, and attacks of others.
    After all how fitting would it be for the god of wizardy's people to fall to his own art?
    Spoiler
    Show

Major act to give them spell resistance, and a set of SLA's that are bult around avoiding detection.
    Last edited by Fan; 2008-11-08 at 02:33 PM.

24. - Top - End - #204

Zuli

I think dat da voodoo be agreein wit ya giant, We need ah council to discuss ou arguements. Zuli told the great god of the earth, Moghor.
    Here's something you may not have considered: being torn asunder HURTS.
    Ponified Diablo 3 Monk granted to me by Akrim.Elf, a thousand blessings be to her!

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Diablo 3 Monk avatar blessed upon me by CrimsonAngel, and his awesome art skillz.

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

25. - Top - End - #205
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Quiet God saw all that was creation, with its conflicts and its wars, and smiled. New life was born every day, and in death life was born again. The cycle was perpetuated, and Ikibe was pleased.

From the ether, a new plane rose. Ikibe could feel the hand of those who would be his brothers, and made his way there.

Unto the plane, an act of will drew forth a place of power. The Godshall was an abstract concept, a place of strength and will, a fabulous work of art mixed with the ultimate in defensive architecture. It was an impenetrable fortress of divine proportions, raised up from the cold earth. The dimensions twist the mind and warp the body, fiendish traps litter corridors whose impossible navigation shall be the stuff of legends. The battlements themselves soar over the horizon. It was not a place that welcomed outsiders uninvited.

The keep was the most majestic structure of all. A single tower of deep blue Elderglass, carved with rune and glyphs to an extent that it seemed to glow with eldritch lines. So powerful was its edifice that on a clear moonless night it would show through the barrier between the planes and be revealed to the mortal world.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, this was a bit of a c&p, I just woke up, sue me. ><
    1 minor act used in conjuction with Sacrath and Moghor for plane creation.
    Godshall is visible on the night of new moon.

I'll make a post for the Jakaru when I get home tonight. A lot will have happened with them.
    Last edited by Jansviper; 2008-11-08 at 08:18 PM.
    "And I may be a moron."
    "Yes you are a moron.
    "But I am a moron with a dream! And that my friends, is the most dangerous kind of moron."

"Well, I think we all know which ship Jans was on."

Theme Music Carcer Zoviir Matthew

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Akteron

I agree as well. It would be good for us to have a place to talk, a place where none of us reign supreme.
    Thanks to Edwin for the Avatar!

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

Barat-Kali went to the godshaw and lay in a great pool of water.

28. - Top - End - #208

BardGuy

Cale

Cale smiled as the gods agreed to have a neutral discussion place, and said to Rominov and Barat-Kali, "You two may not get along that well, but I have an idea. A plane, made by the htree of us. Water, land, and sky. How about it?"
    Last edited by Baxter190; 2008-11-08 at 02:45 PM.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Nirhek appears in the Godhall, simply floating a bit above the ground.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground