New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Close Encounters Of The Scaly Kind!

"Badger"

"Yeah, me an' the Elf go a bit back. You remember that time I go poisoned from the time I tried to perform alchemy? Whoever says Gnomes are natually good at alchemy is complete bullcrap," "Badger" says with a chuckle.
    Founder of the Playgound Misfits, The Imperial Guard Reigment in the Playground
    Commisar Baxter, Local Morale Officer, of the Playground Misfits

2. - Top - End - #32
    Pixie in the Playground

smile Re: Close Encounters Of The Scaly Kind!

Alannia looks surprised at the Badger's decision to pay for her food and smiles, "Thank you so much for your kindness this is the furtherest I have been from my hometown and forest therefore I am a little overwhelmed."
    Last edited by melileaya; 2008-11-16 at 09:31 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ran Kang

Ran hears the home sick words. He then gracefully dances over to the bar, hopping up onto the counter

"Really? This city is amazing! Which forest are you from hmmm? What do you miss about it? I assure you this city, or the region around it, has something similar. I can show you. I to miss the forests, but the wilderness around here is -a-m-a-z-i-n-g-. Really!
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2008-11-09 at 09:30 PM.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

4. - Top - End - #34

Darolis

"Yes, remember when you tried to brew up that enlarging potion so you could see what it was like to be as tall as a human? Instead it just made your feet grow to five times their normal size. Darolis watches Ran's eccentric antics with an amused expression. In answer to Kurt's question he says, "Well, Badger and I met some years back, but we only started working together a few months ago, after I left the army."
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." - Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.

"Time to throw the dice." - Mat Cauthon, Wheel of Time

"Nothing good can ever come from staying with normal people."

5. - Top - End - #35
    Pixie in the Playground

smile Re: Close Encounters Of The Scaly Kind!

"Havenwood, my village is about 20 miles North-East of Blindinfold. It is beautiful and calm. We have few problems with invasions by anyone."
    Last edited by melileaya; 2008-11-16 at 09:33 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36

Ran Kang

Ran taps his chin while swinging his legs in the air

"Weeeeell.....we have most of that? Take a walk, even if its raining, just make sure you don't get attacked by bandits, bad lot them to be sure."
    My Current Works

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

Elyia sighed deeply at the page in front of her. She couldn't seem to find the words to express her tale in a suitably epic fashion; her mind had hit a massive wall surrounding the seemingly-dry fountain of inspiration. Mere days ago, the words had been flowing seemlessly onto parchment, Elyia feeling as if she was merely a conduit for a greater muse. But now, she simply couldn't concentrate on the words in front of her; she could feel a restlessness in her bones, a desire to do something slightly more active than tearing her metaphorical hair out over a simple case of writer's block.

The young woman looked across the room, smiling when she spotted Vimak, her Goliath "brother". The hulking warrior seemed to be engaged in conversation with the fan-dancer she had been watching earlier - an interesting performance, to be sure. Elyia made a quick mental note to talk to the dancer later, her interest in the half-elf's art piqued given how rarely she came across that kind of talent. The bard's eyes scanned around for her "sister", Kaori, but she couldn't spot her surrogate younger sibling anywhere in the large tavern hall. Chuckling to herself, Elyia realised this might just be because her eyes couldn't seem to focus - they were darting all over the place, her struggles with word-smithing having completely shattered her sense of focus.

Elyia glanced back at the parchment in front of her, smiling at what she had already written. In truth, her scribbles were only of personal significance - she doubted that anyone would ever be interested in this kind of tale. It was, after all, the story of how she came to travel with her "siblings". Who'd be interested in that? Elyia chuckled to herself. Still, recording this was very important to her, even if she didn't want to admit it.

Toying with her inkpen, Elyia began to read over her tale. She stopped paying any attention to her surroundings, instead focusing upon what she had already written.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The tavern air was thick with a sickening mixture of sweat and cheap ale, true hallmarks of a particularly seedy tavern. The tables were sticky to touch, as were the floors; housekeeping was not exactly the forte of the tavernkeep, evidently. Raucous noise reverberated throughout the large tavern common room, the sounds of shouting and drinking songs rendering it nearly impossible for any sane person to think. Then again, who really went to a tavern like this for scintillating intellectual discourse? The owner knew his audience, and seemed to take pride in making his alehouse into the most disgusting dive that he could.

That particular night, however, the inn counted a few curiosities amongst its nightly membership. On one end of the room, bundled into a corner and impatiently watching the door, a human girl sat idly strumming a lute. Against the opposite wall, a hulking Goliath loomed protectively over a teenage girl who seemed to radiate an aura of compassion and dignity. The two parties seemed completely oblivious to the others' existence, but the regular patrons of the tavern certainly noticed such abnormalities.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elyia sighed deeply. She just didn't know how to continue her tale - the story she wanted to tell was certainly in her head, but the lightning of inspiration would not strike. She could only describe the setting, that remarkably disgusting tavern that featured so prominently in that fateful day. Carefully returning the parchment to her scrollcase, Elyia took her fine lute from her backpack. She began to play a short, sweet little song she'd learned from one of the girls at the brothel. It was supposed to be accompanied by a little love song, but Elyia was simply trying to occupy her mind, not perform for the crowd. Leaning back in her seat, she simply waited for something to happen; or, at least, for her "siblings" to come tell her where on earth they were going next.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Cadel

"Thank you. Do you know where the nearest major temple is?"
    Last edited by pyktheprince; 2008-11-10 at 03:11 PM.

Click on the eggs/dragons to help them survive please.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Keishara (female fire elf)

The red-clad elven maiden with auburn hair and roan skin sits at the bar minding her own business. To those observing her, she constantly checks over her shoulder and looks up whenever the door to the inn opens with a pensive glance. Her beautiful fey-touched features show cannot mask the age and darkness behind her eyes.

When the gnome called Badger speaks of being a conjurer, Keishara takes a special interest in him and what he says.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Keishara Embermist in A World Bound Together
    Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Bree Yark in Barrowmaze Grp 2
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

10. - Top - End - #40

BardGuy

"Badger"

"Yeah, but what I lack in alchemical skill, I make up in conjuration," "Badger" boasted. Then, jumping on the table behind him, "Badger" exclaimed, "Those who don't know of me, come to know me well! For I am the Badger, The toughest gnome around, and quite likely the toughest guy here! Anyone else says differently, bring it on!"

11. - Top - End - #41

"Vimak"

Vimak looks down at the gnome standing atop the table with a bemused expression on his face, then looks toward Darolis. "Just how drunk is he, exactly?" He asks, not really interested in crushing the small gnome. Or in bar fights, for that matter.

12. - Top - End - #42

BardGuy

"Badger"

"Only a little," said "Badger",a mischevious smile upon his face.

13. - Top - End - #43

"Vimak"

Vimak ignores the obviously intoxicated gnome.

14. - Top - End - #44

Ran Kang

Ran leaps from the table, seemingly catching his foot on a table and rolling next to the large golaith.

"This -is- a bar, you should just treat him like he isn't. Its more amusing that way"

[tumble check (1d20+8)[27]
    My Current Works

15. - Top - End - #45

"Vimak"

Vimak nods to Ran. "Perhaps, but it isn't my way to hurt those smaller then me just because I can... or because they are drunk."

16. - Top - End - #46

Ran Kang

"That is a wonderful way to live! No harm unless they really deserve it. Let them live with bad karma!"
    My Current Works

17. - Top - End - #47

The adventurers laugh at 'Badger' as he displays his drunkeness, but return to their planning with a map sprawled in fromt of them, intent upon finnishing.

Spoiler
    Show
    ...C'mon Paramour.....
    Natural 20's: 1
    Natural 1's: 0
    As of 9/30/09

18. - Top - End - #48

"Vimak"

Vimak leans toward the adventures table, trying to see the map.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

Close Encounters of the Kaori Kind.

A happy serenity was painted on her pretty face while she sat at the bar-counter. Slight sips of even pace and equal enjoyment were had from the wine glass filled with red intoxication. Her brown gloved hand held it in a dainty manner, adding an oddly distinguished air, one that didn't try to dismiss the stale tavern atmosphere of rancorous rallying between friends. Everyone and everything had a time and place to be appreciated. The rain she thought had been a good excuse to give Elyia space to let her creative side time to explore itself, and Vimak may as well have been a tapestry inside the collage of a tavern, he fit in wondrously.

Kaori smiled, feeling afar but close to both of them, and used her distance to consider how might be best to approach this city. She was aware that somewhere within Ny Verden her demi-goddess was given more than lip-service. That was enough to have her smile. It meant someone else had carefully already planted the tiny seed of faith that could grow into a beautiful following. But like many cities she felt it was too likely that it was still that – tiny. She may have difficulty merely finding the temple, a problem that had occurred before, and would doubtlessly continue thereafter. So her eyes swept across the tavern coolly, trying to spot someone that seemed especially at ease i this tavern. It was likely that those that were thoroughly comfortable in their surroundings also knew well of them and could offer advice in turn.

Spoiler
    Show
    Made a post quickly, sorry for holding things up.
    Djinn_in_Tonic avatar. I owe him a big thank you.

20. - Top - End - #50

Default Enter Plotline

The rain beats more heavily against the walls of the tavern, and at the door, those observing can hear a pounding, as if the door is stuck. The barman moves out from the other side of the counter, and gruffly yells, "Yeah, yeah, I'll gedd'it."

It's... odd. The door wasn't stuck when you came in.

The bartender steps up to the door. The moment it opens a fraction, raging fire shoots out, incinerating the bartender's skin instantly. He falls to the ground, dead, in a smoldering mass.

The blast of fire quickly clears, and as it does, enormous lizard-like creatures, the likes of which you have never seen, come pouring into the bar, weapons brandished.
    As of 9/30/09

21. - Top - End - #51

Ran Kang

Ran practicaly squeels, leaping up on the table

"New friends! Hey there! Time for you to leave though, its closing time. Get out get out get out!"

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2008-11-10 at 11:05 PM.
    My Current Works

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

Jack laughs as the fire incinerates the barman, a large chuckle. He steps out from his shady corner, holding an immense bow that is taller than he is, which is saying something. He stands immensely tall, 8'6", but probably weighs less than most normal people; gaunt and emaciated, with stick thin limbs, it looks like his legs would break with barely an effort. He has long, dark red hair down to his shoulders, and wears filthy red silk rags, with ubiquitous tears showing gray skin and black chain over his chest. Numeroust strips of it hang from his arms and legs, each over a foot long, and they sway as he walks. Though his arms are ostensibly frail, they are lightning quick as he puts an arrow in the 1st lizard thing, a roguish grin on his face all the while.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Finally, some action. I'm assuming he's within 15 feet of the closest one. attack:(1d20+7)[23] dmg: (2d8+1)[9].
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

23. - Top - End - #53

The lizard creature in the center takes in a deep breath, and lets out an enormous roar, once which causes the floorboards to rattle, and glasses to shatter.
    Two robed creatures on either side shoot small orbs at Badger, hitting him squarely in the chest.
    After this, two similar creatures move foreward and take a swing at Ran and Vimak
    The larger lizards move to Faervarhed and Jack, also attempting to harm them.

Spoiler
    Show
    For the first kobold, deafening roar, fortitude saves for all.
    The second set both shoot magic missiles at Badger, (2d4+2)[10]
    The two melee kobolds: @Ran: (1d20+1)[17] damage:(1d6-1)[4]
    @Vimak: (1d20+1)[14] damage:(1d6-1)[1]
    @Faervahard: (1d20+2)[3] damage:(1d6)[5]
    @ Jack: (1d20+2)[19] damage:(1d6)[2]
    Last edited by AetherFox; 2008-11-10 at 11:36 PM.
    As of 9/30/09

24. - Top - End - #54

"Vimak"

Vimak turns to face the threat, settling comfortably into place, and tossing his traveling cloak off his armor, revealing the nasty spikes that adorn it. "Any ideas what they are after?" He says to the adventuring party, assuming it is them they seek.

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show

Crusaders Strike on -fgs, Square K14
    Attack: (1d20+9)[16](25)
    Damage : (2d8+9)[5][3](17)
    Healing: (1d6+2)[5]
    Fortitude Save: [roll]1d20+6

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Faervarhed

The gnome leaps up and grabs his staff as the bartender collapses in a crisp, then dodges backwards, a few choice words in gnomish escaping his lips, as the troglodyte attacks him.

Leaping backwards to the floor behind his chair, he draws an arcane symbol in the air with his free hand, although no light effects accompany it, and he carefully speaks a word of magic. Then, he thrusts his hand out, palm facing the kobolds, and a brilliant spray of light erupts from his palm to wash over the reptile.

Spoiler
    Show

5' step to g12 then Color Spray on the trog
    spell failure by deafness 20 or lower fails - (1d100)[33]
    Will DC 17
    unconscious - (2d4)[6]
    blind and stunned - (1d4)[4]
    Last edited by Townopolis; 2008-11-11 at 12:54 AM.
    Lantanese gnome avatar by the talented Honest Tiefling.

Don't call it a rework - 5e Ranger optional class features

26. - Top - End - #56
    Pixie in the Playground

Alannia Silverarrow quickly pulls out her masterwork longsword and attacks the nearest lizard. Does it matter what they want really? They killed innocent people so they die!" She jumps in swinging her sword.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Michael Ventus

Michael's first knowledge of the attack is the deafening roar. Jumping out of his chair, he turns and sees the...thing threatening the gnome. Moving with speed and grace, he quickly interposes himself between them and strikes a standard fencing position.

Spoiler
    Show

Swift action, Waveride Maneuver(+10 to move speed).
    Moves to G 13 using a double move.
    AC: 23 vs Trog in G14, 19 vs everyone else.
    Fort Save: (1d20+4)[24]
    If the Trog provokes AOO: Attack: (1d20+7)[17]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[8]
    Last edited by MeklorIlavator; 2008-11-11 at 02:45 AM.

28. - Top - End - #58

BardGuy

"Badger"

After, recovering from being hit by the obviously magic attack, "Badger let out a defening roar, and said, "They die now!" Making sure to aviod the nearest kobolds attacks, he began casting the spell to strike truely, and let out his inner rage. "Badger, enraged and magically guided, attacked the nearest Kobold with his greataxe.

Spoiler
    Show

Dodge set on the Kobold in J13

Mover forward one square, so no AoO

To hit (1d20+27)[41]

If I hit, (1d10+4)[13]

Last edited by Baxter190; 2008-11-11 at 08:39 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59

Ran Kang

Ran made a squeeling sound before his face suddenly grew serious, the jovial attitude almost appearing as if was never there

"Lets dance!"

(1d20+7)[15]

Damage
    (1d6+4)[8]
    My Current Works

30. - Top - End - #60
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Cadel

Cadel remains calm and casts Spiritual Weapon (making a quarterstaff) and directs it at the kobold next to Vimak and the Humans

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack Roll: (1d20+5)[10]
    Damage: [roll]1d8+1[/roll]
    Last edited by pyktheprince; 2008-11-12 at 04:59 PM.

Click on the eggs/dragons to help them survive please.