New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Cult of Renati IC

Rigel Marrin

When not sneaking about at night, Rigel will perform acrobatic stunts,tricks, and dances to entertain people to Ealai's flute playing. If there are any young, attractive daughters among the settlers, Rigel will ask them for a dance.

(Will simply take 10 on Acrobatic and Thievery for my tricks, since they are simply for entertaining the settlers and fellow party members. That would make the results total at 25 and 26, respectively... Damn I'm good...)

"I's gotta say, Elven, you play pretty well..."
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2008-11-18 at 05:16 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

"I should be, halfling... I've been taught by masters, and have been practicing my arts for..." He stops, thinks, and chuckles a bit before finishing, "Well, probably longer than you have been able to speak."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kobold

Barazuul will don his armor. If anyone is suspicious, he'll just claim that as a merchant he had to learn to protect himself as guards weren't always reliable.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff: (1d20+8)[20]

If fact, he'll be happy to make a few coppers by convincing the settlers to buy random bits of worthless junk he might have on hand.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff: (1d20+8)[20]

4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground

Skamos Daios

Skamos moves from wagon to wagon, depending on where he is stationed. He deflects any major questions as to what his profession is, letting people assume he is a merchant or a blacksmith. As he moves along his stations, he attempts to get a feel for any of the occupants.

Also, during anytime that he sees Vaendor studying the warforged, he will go to speak with him. "I don't trust these creations. There is something wrong about them."

Spoiler
    Show

Skamos will also try to correct Vaendor's notes with the Arcana, but only say anything if he rolls high enough to figure them out.
    [roll=Streetwise]1d20+5[/roll]
    [roll=Arcana]1d20+11[/roll]
    Last edited by ninja_penguin; 2008-11-19 at 03:22 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2..."

"It all seemed harmless..."

Character Roster:

Ami Nakamura - Self Taught Sorceress [Sacramento Occult]

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

Kieran

Kieran stays with the food during the day most of the time, doing his rotation when it comes up. During the evening and night he talks to the people that he is traveling with, with the exception of Barazuul, who he avoids whenever he can.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

Donal Lugh

Donal will remain wherever he is guardind, doing rotation as the others tell him to. He will not speak very much, but will answer if someone starts a conversation. He will not particularly avoid anyone.
    My own homebrewed world/setting: Yay!

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

Vaendor
    @Skamos(during the week):
    Vaendor looks slightly confused. What would make you think that? I see no evidence that anything is wrong with them.

At the lastest night in the campsite:
    Vaendor sees Kieran by himself at a bonfire and goes to join him. "Hello there, human. I remember that back at the Duke's mansion you said wanted to get to know the rest of us, but at the time, I was a bit distracted. And it hasn't been much but since then." Vaendor introduces himself, playing with a small rune-covered cube absently in one hand as he does so. "But better late than never, right? I am Vaendor, an artificer by trade."

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

Kieran
    Well Vaendor, I am pleased to make your acquaintance, my name is Kieran and I am an arcanist by trade. Would you care to join me by the fire? It gets chilly out her at night. Perhaps you could explain that little cube of yours to me.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Vaendor
    "Ah, a fellow student of the arcane." Vaendor sits down, looking at cube in his hand, having forgetten that he had been holding it. He tosses it in the air, catching it and puts it in one of his pouches. "Oh, that? Just a bauble that will prove it's usefulness if there's any 'excitment' on this journey. Speaking of which, what do you think of the journey so far? We're only a week into it, but I haven't noticed any trouble yet."

10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground

Kieran

All seems quiet so far, with any luck we won't meet these bandits at all Kieran says, warming his hands. What do you think of these warforged? I can't decide whether or not I like them, an extra shield between me and an enemy's sword is always welcome, but they strike me as a bit off.
    Last edited by sidhe_blooded; 2008-11-19 at 11:10 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

At camps, the settlers are pleased by the entertainment provided by Rigel and Ealai. It keeps their spirits up when the encroachment of spring is repelled once again by the bitter cold of winter. Around the campfires, many drink and laugh together, making the best of their situation on the way to Mossbury.

To Vaendor and Skamos:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Approaching a Warforged during camp, it agrees to give you limited insight into its' construction. It removes the tunic bearing the Archduke's seal, then it begans detaching certain components from its' body (sword, shield, and armor). Upon closer inspection, it's easy to notice that, underneath the armor, these machines are still mostly metal with sinewy ligaments connecting them together. Within its' core you can sense a strong magic. When you try to focus, you are both briefly blinded for a matter of seconds.

To Rigel:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Whilst sneaking about the caravan, you are able to eavesdrop on several conversations. Without directly conversing with many settlers, you learn an immense amount about certain folk. You take particular note of two families. One is an Eladrin woman named Maya Nailo and her daughter Hanae Nailo. The other is a Human man named Lucien Belmont, his Elven wife Sabriel, their Half-Elf daughter Lirael, and their other Half-Elf daughter Ligaeia. There's an individual you notice traveling alone, an elder Dragonborn; he's kept to himself and has said very little to the other settlers. All you have discerned, is he is a blacksmith... and he makes you uneasy.

To Ealai and Varis:
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the constant snow, keeping a keen eye out for impending threats is difficult. However, your Elven senses give you a slight advantage. They're relatively fresh but, because of the snow, it's hard to determine what creatures left them. What you do know, is they are moving much quicker than the caravan you protect; you also know they are heading in the same direction.

To Barazuul:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Many people are slightly perturbed when you don your armor; however, as the sly Dwarf you are, you convince them that it's merely a safety precaution. When the folks get blushed with drink, you convince them into buying trinkets. Throughout the first week, you bank a solid 13 silver pieces.

((I'll wait until tomorrow to update the IC. This way I give folks a chance to do a bit of roleplaying based on this post. By tomorrow evening, at the latest, I will move it into the second campsite scenario.))
    Last edited by Boggs; 2008-11-20 at 02:23 AM.

12. - Top - End - #72

Skamos Daios

@Vaendor, during the week. "Something isn't right. The binding magics are just...wrong, somehow" Skamos mused. "Like somebody tied them off using the wrong knot, or something."
    Spoiler
    Show

"Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2..."

Character Roster:

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Rigel approaches Barazuul. "Hey, Dwarven. You's a smither roight? What d'ya think about our lonely Dragoner friend? Him's the same trade as you..."

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

After a few days and nights, Ealai has decided for certain: someone or something unidentifiable has been shadowing the settlers. He does not seek to tell the group directly, though, instead waiting until after the group has made camp and he and Rigel had finished entertaining some people. At this point, the elf surrepticiously speaks to the halfling away from prying ears. "There is something shadowing the caravan. I've seen traces of their tracks in the earth as we pass by, and it looks like they are moving to get ahead of us. Tell the others, but be discreet; we don't want to alarm the civilians or show our hand to the enemy."

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

Vaendor
    @Skamos
    "Hmph, I see nothing wrong with them. Don't worry so much." With that, Vaendor leaves to met up with the dwarven family again.

@Kieran
    Vaendor, warmed by the fire, sits back, commenting, "Skamos, the tifeling, has some issues with them as well, for some reason. They should be good soldiers, not being as fragile as we living creatures are. Especially with us backing them up. And should the worst case senario occur, their secondary ability will be quite useful."

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

Kieran

Oh, I have no doubt that their durability will come in useful, they're just hard for me to pin down in my mind, they aren't golems, but they aren't exactly living beings either. If you say they're okay I guess I'll relax a bit about them, your life is on the line her too and I'm sure you know more about the creation of such beings than I do.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Rigel Marrin

Rigel listens to Ealai, and speaks. "I's got history as a... scout. My eyes ain't as sharp, maybe, as you Elvies, but I can 'old my own... I can 'elp keep a keen eye out."

Eventually Rigel joins Skamos, Kieran, and Vaendor and speaks to them. "I's ain't worried 'bout no mechie-men, boys. I's worried 'bout that Dragoner Smither fella. I've been keeping an eye on some o' our wards, and things just don't set well wit' ol' Rigel."

"I's don't think this is a simple band o' settlers..."
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2008-11-20 at 11:07 AM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Orc in the Playground

Kieran

Of course it isn't a simple band of settlers Rigel, why would a nobleman like our employer send out 20 families of upstanding citizens and workers? He pays well and doesn't seem like he's going to kill us when we finish the job, so just relax, when we get attacked we might see what these "settlers" are really made of, until then just don't turn your back on any of them for too long.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Rigel Marrin

"Wit' all due respect, Kieran... I's don' turn muh back on anyone..."

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Still heading a bit North, the second week passes by slowly due to increased snowfall. Your pace has slowed some but not enough to deter you from continuing the expedition. With only a few weeks to spring, many settlers are still in high spirits; most of them stay warm near a fire burning in a large pot within the caravans. In the wagon carrying food, a family of Dwarves have made a small kitchen serving stew and Dwarven Stout to those who please. Nearing the end of the second week, a snowstorm approaches. As inhabitants of Weldland, even the settlers know that now is the time to make camp. Positioning the caravans to block as much of the wind and snow as possible, they begin building several fires to keep the area warm.

((At this point, we begin the campfire session two. If you like, you can include some roleplaying from the week. Also, everyone will need to make any rolls they wanted to make through the week. And, I will need to know where everyone will be when preparing camp.))

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

In the past week, Vaendor kept an eye on the lone dragonborn Rigel mentioned, using the excuse of talking to him about smithing and such business. He pays attention to the rest of the settlers as well, talking with them and offering his services in repairing any things that might have been damaged during the trip so far.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception, then insight.
    (1d20+9)[14]
    (1d20+9)[15]
    EDIT:Added the wrong modifier to the second roll, it should just be a +4, not a 9.

At the campfire, he'll be enjoying the dwarven stout.
    Last edited by Reverent-One; 2008-11-21 at 07:30 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

During the second week's travels, Ealai will continue entertaining and keeping his eyes open for signs of dangers or the things that had been following the caravan.

When the storm begins to blow up, the elf will stay at the fire closest to where he intends to sleep, where he has stowed his gear for the night, and again play for the people there.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception for tracks/danger - (1d20+11)[16]
    Insight for conspirators - (1d20+8)[25]
    Diplomacy for entertaining - (1d20+2)[4]

23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground

Kieran will do pretty much the same thing he did the first week, stay with the food during the day and mingle with the other travellers at night, when the storm starts he'll go listen to Ealai's (pretty bad) playing.

Spoiler
    Show
    perception check (1d20+2)[17]
    insight check (1d20+9)[23]

24. - Top - End - #84

Skamos Daios

Skamos will set up camp near the food.
    Spoiler
    Show

Character Roster:

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Varis

Varis still keeps to himself during the week, staying away from people for the most part. He is slightly worried about the tracks that he saw during the past week, but he does not feel concerned enough to tell anyone yet. He still stays alert for any outwardly signs of danger, but this week, he pays more attention to what others are saying and doing within the caravans themselves.

Once the storm hits, Varis stays near the campfires, watching and waiting for something to happen. Though he is surrounded by many people, he still does not talk by his choice. However, he will still reply when talked to. Once it gets very late, he will sleep by the fire for warmth and to be sure that if they are attacked in this vulnerable state that he can help protect innocents.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception check for things going on outside the caravan and inside of it:
    (1d20+12)[19]

Insight check for intentions within the caravan:
    (1d20+5)[11]

26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground

Donal Lugh

Donal remains as he was before, not caring about the others or anything. He remains alone most of the time, although he doesn't make an effort to it; he always talks with those that talk to him. He does nothing out of the ordinary, waiting for something to happen instead.
    My own homebrewed world/setting: Yay!

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

(Just realized you may have been waiting on me)

Rigel will just fool around this week, being lazy, trying to avoid his shifts, and generally only casually watching the settlers now. He has lost interest in them.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kobold

Barazuul continues to avoid speaking to anyone whenever possible. Though happy to be 13 silver richer, he found then settlers too gullible to make fleecing them for coin a worthwhile way to pass the time. I suppose if the money was more, it'd be worth it.

"Why is this taking so long," Barazuul simmered as the the wintery conditions made starting a fire a little more challenging that ususal. He was starting the get uncomfortable with the cold, and he hated being uncomfortable.

"OUT OF MY WAY," the dwarf bellowed, raising his rod toward the pile of logs and kindling which had failed to light.
    Code:
    [Draconic]"INCENDIA PERPETUA!"[/Draconic]
    The blast of hellfire surged from the tip of the rod and blasted the pile of timbers. The plumes of smoke that initially issued from the smoldering logs carried an otherworldly stench, when the timber failed to ignite with the infernal spark, Barazuul slammed his hand into the trunk of the fir tree next to him. His hand throbbed with ache as he scraped his knuckles on the rough bark. This pain had the desired result as the logs suddenly burst into flames, some of the tinder blown clear into the air by the explosive force of the hellish blast.

Spoiler
    Show
    Barazuul uses Hellish Rebuke to help start the campfire.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

While setting up camp, the snow begins to come down hard. Torrents of flakes breeze through the caravans and sting at the face. Many of the settlers have sent their children into the wagons while they try to get fires started to make wood. Their efforts are eased by a blast of fire that comes from the abyss of snow. All of them look in shock as the smoke kindles into flames. They hand a torch to Varis and Barazuul to start the fires made between the wagons.

To Vaendor:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You approach the Dragonborn. There's not much you learn in your endeavors, other than he is secretive. You learn his name, Haldrek, and that he was once Captain of the Oakvale Guard.

To Ealai:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You listen intently while moving across the caravan. You don't learn much about a conspiracy yet you do learn that some of the settlers question why they have sent several people traveling alone. While the storm rages, you find it difficult to play your flute. Adamant about keeping spirits high, you continue to play with ice forming near the mouthpiece.

To Kieran:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You learn very little from the week. You know the settlers are cautious of your presence and question the groups motives.

To Barazuul:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your rod flashes brightly sending flame into the fire. It hesitates for a moment then bursts into flames. While the settlers didn't quite see you ignite it, they realize you are the only one that comes into view when they hand you a torch and ask you to ignite the other fire.

To Varis:
    Spoiler
    Show
    After the fire roars into flames, they hand you a torch and ask you to set fire to the pile of wood between two wagons. You kneel down and notice similar tracks to what you've seen before... as you set fire to the logs, you realize that they aren't only recent... they are fresh.

To Rigel and Skamos:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Camping near the food, both of you are taken by surprise. Rigel, you feel a crude blade pierce into your back... you are momentarily stunned and fall to your knees. You notice a small, cloaked figure hop into the food caravan. Skamos, you feel a blade pierce the back of your leg. Falling to your knees, you also see two small, cloaked figures hop into the caravan (one from Rigel). Rigel, you take 5 points of damage. Skamos, you take 7 points of damage. You are both stunned for 1 round.

To Donal:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Choosing to opt out of the social activity, you stand near a caravan. Inside you hear children laughing, then, from behind you, you hear an unusual howl.

Battle Map:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hopefully this works... I tried to coordinate it based on dialogue color.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Boggs View Post
    Battle Map:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hopefully this works... I tried to coordinate it based on dialogue color.
    Spoiler
    Show
    What are the things lowest on the map? The two bunches of 6 things.