New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Default Re: Cult of Renati IC

((Those are the horses (2 for each wagon). Sorry, my first time experimenting with this map editor... didn't know how to make a legend.))

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kobold

Initiative (1d20+2)[20]

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Rigel lets out a howl of surprise and pain.

(Initiative...when I can go: (1d20+9)[24]

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

Initiative - (1d20+6)[8]

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Initiative - [roll=1d20+8[/roll]

Edit: Wups
    Last edited by NecroRebel; 2008-11-25 at 10:06 AM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Initiative - (1d20+8)[21]

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

Donal Lugh

Unsheating his sword as a reaction to the strange howl, Donal gets in position, eyes wandering through the snow, trying to see the enemy.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+5)[18] - Initiative

Guys, if you're going to post only to roll initiative, do it in the OOC thread....
    My own homebrewed world/setting: Yay!

8. - Top - End - #98
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I was under the impression that our DM would rather have rolls done in the IC thread so they're all in the same place.
    anyway-initiative (1d20+7)[26]

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Varis

Seeing the fresh tracks in the snow, Varis curses under his breath in elven. Knowing that he is in a vulnerable position out here, Varis starts back towards the main fire. Suddenly he hears a scream in the darkness and realizes the creatures are attacking the caravans. He races through the snow, pulling out his swords from his backpack as he runs. He knows that he doesn't have enough time to don his leather armor and that stopping the threat is the most important objective.

"We are under attack!" Varis yells out to the group. He knew that they were from the fresh tracks in the snow and the scream, but he didn't know where the creatures were.

Spoiler
    Show

I figured that Varis should be able to put 2 and 2 together here. Fresh tracks that aren't from the caravan and a bloodcurdling scream should mean that they are under attack.

Initiative: (1d20+5)[8]

10. - Top - End - #100
    Bugbear in the Playground

Skamos Daios

Skamos lets out a growl and rage and pain as the blade hits home, causing him to limp to one side.

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative - (1d20+5)[10]

So, do I have access to a weapon-weapon, or what? I figure Skamos can smuggle his wand about easy as pie, but do I have the longsword or shield on me?

OOC:
    Also, I'm away from my book right now so I'm at a loss to the validity/range of my combat leader feature right now, but don't forget the +2 to init rolls for those who can benefit from it!
    Spoiler
    Show

"Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2..."

"It all seemed harmless..."

Character Roster:

Ami Nakamura - Self Taught Sorceress [Sacramento Occult]

11. - Top - End - #101
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kobold

Having discarded the torch in favor of his trusty rod (and continued Hellish Rebukes aimed at the campfires), Barazuul is ready for the attack as soon as the call to arms goes up. "Ambushed. And that fool of an archduke wanted us to wander naked through the field of battle. At least there will be plenty of souls for me to siphon should the need arise," he thought, looking towards the wagons packed with travelers.

Spoiler
    Show
    The requirement is to be within 10 squares of the warlord and to be able to hear and see him. If you can't speak at all right now, then it's likely the bonus wouldn't apply. If it does, then I haven't added it yet.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

Hearing a strange noise with a storm coming in, Vaendor gets on his guard, taking his rod in hand.

Spoiler
    Show
    Picking up my rod, and making a perception check for any danger is all I'll do this round.
    (1d20+9)[27]

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Growling as he breaks ice from his flute for what seems the hundredth time this evening, Ealai stands and slides it back into its case, saying to the gathered listeners, "I apologize for the low quality of the music this evening. The storm is ruining more than just our travels it seems." As he finishes speaking, though, he hears Varis's call to arms. Glancing around quickly, he gasps in apparent terror before darting off away from the fire.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm gonna move to the other side of the easternmost wagon on the north side of camp, 5 squares right and 4 up on the map, then ready an action to call my sword to hand (swordbond class feature - standard action) if anything attacks me or an ally, including settlers and warforged, within 8 squares. Further, bluff check to appear defenseless and/or that I'm not prepared to arm myself magically.

Bluff - (1d20+2)[11]
    Perception - (1d20+11)[12]

14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show

To clarify Varis' previous actions,

Minor Action 1: Draw Battlecrazed Broadsword

Minor Action 2: Draw Quick Longsword

Move Action: Move 4 to the right.

Just wondering, but how many turns/actions would putting on leather armor take?

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

((First Round is beginning, here is an updated map. Sorry it is hard to navigate, I want to use Excel but my copy is entirely in Japanese...))

Battle Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

Initative:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kieran
    Rigel
    Ealai
    Enemy Boss (Black "W" on map)
    Barazuul
    Donal
    Enemy ("G" on map)
    Skamos
    Varis
    Vaendor
    Warforged (Blue "W" on map)
    Enemy Minions ("g" on map)

To Vaendor:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You look around the campsite. Through the thick snow you're unable to determine what you are up against, yet you do discern a number and notice that they currently have you surrounded.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    is Vaendor the only one that knows where they are or just the only one that knows how many there are?

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Ealai continues to dash through the storm like a terrified civilian, but when he comes upon one of the unfamiliar shapes in the blowing snow, he stops short before suddenly slashing at the creature with an unseen blade.

Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming I'm actually aware of the minion 2 squares down and right of my current position, I'll shift down and right 1 square and use Sword Burst. If I miss, I'll then use Aegis of Shielding to mark it, otherwise my minor action goes to waste for this round.

Attack vs. Reflex - (1d20+6)[15]
    Force damage if hit - (1d6+4)[7]

Yay for having at-will implement powers!

Edit: Boo for rolling kinda low!
    Last edited by NecroRebel; 2008-12-05 at 08:07 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Orc in the Playground

Kieran

So, we get assaulted now huh? Let's see how they like this!

Kieran says as he begins conjuring his power, he glances balefully at his target for a moment before unleashing a blast of energy towards it and moving to a more heavily guarded position.

Spoiler
    Show
    minor action: place warlock's curse on W to the left of the wagon above me (I'm assuming the G's are inside the cart and not on top, otherwise switch the target to the closer one of them).
    attack action: eldritch blast to same target- (1d20+9)[27]
    damage- (1d10+8)[15] + (1d6)[3]
    move action: move between S and the green V on the map.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Varis

"Ah, finally a little action." Varis says in a tone close to glee. He dashes towards the enemy in his sight, lashing out with his two swords.

Spoiler
    Show

Move Action: 1 left, 1 diagonal down left
    Minor Action: Hunter's Quarry on the G he will be next to.
    Standard Action: Twin Strike on the G he will be next to at the end of his movements
    Attack 1:(1d20+8)[14]
    Damage 1: (1d10+2)[4]
    Attack 2:(1d20+9)[17]
    Damage 2:(1d8+2)[5]

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

"Time for you to pay for whats you did to ol' Rigel!" Rigel shouts as he rushes at the Enemy to his left. He draws his kukri (Quick Draw) and valiantly slashes at his foe, taunting him the whole time.

Spoiler
    Show

moving two squares west, quick-drawing Kukri, and using Sly Flourish. I'm not sure if I get sneak attack damage, so I will roll it seperately.

Attack: (1d20+11)[22]
    Damage:(1d6+9)[10]
    Sneak Attack: (2d6)[5] (if applicable)

21. - Top - End - #111
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Fly, Fools!" Skamos challenged, pulling his longsword from his bundle, and running in the direction that Rigel had gone.

((Read the following spoilers, use which best works at his turn))
    Spoiler
    Show

If no other enemies have come into contact with Skamos yet, then he will move: SW, W, W, W, NW (jumping the firepit), and then use Viper's strike (quick draw) on the enemy.

Athletics - (1d20+9)[12]
    Attack - (1d20+9)[17]
    Damage - (1d8+4)[12]
    Enemy will provoke an opportunity attack from Rigel if it shifts.

If one enemy has come into contact with Skamos, he will instead just attack one adjacent enemy with viper strike, using above rolls, but instead Skamos will be the one to take an opportunity attack.

Spoiler
    Show

If multiple opponents have come into melee with Skamos, he will shift one square in the direction that would put the most opponents in the thunderwave blast, and then attack them with it, provided no warforged, party members, or people are inside the blast.

Thunderwave - (1d20+7)[10]
    Damage - (1d6+5)[8]
    Push all targets away from Skamos one square
    Spoiler
    Show

"Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2..."

"It all seemed harmless..."

Character Roster:

Ami Nakamura - Self Taught Sorceress [Sacramento Occult]

22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Kieran extends a hand and powerful energy springs from his palm. Snow along the ground melts in its wake as it explodes on the back of the unsuspecting enemy. Falling to the ground, he starts to lift himself back to his feet, looking back into the lone man standing near the campfire with arm outstretched.

Rigel springs to action, moving quickly through the snow that nearly covers his body. He sneaks up on a cloaked figure, slamming a kukri deep into its gut. The creature screeches in pain and hunches forward as Skamos leaps across the fire, exploiting this moment of weakness by cleaving the head from it's body. Both blood and entrails gush from the two wounds, plopping around Rigel in the snow.

Ealai charges the creature near the tree, eager to sink metal into flesh. Surprising the creature with his speed, Ealai plunges his blade through his throat, instantly killing the beast as a Warforged companion draws near.

Donal has his weapon drawn, looking closely into the thick snow. Relying closely on instinct, Donal ducks at the sound of a second howl. A large wolf-like creature springs over his head and lands near the campfire. The wolf hunches over, bearing a load that appears too heavy for atop his back is a rather large, shadowed figure in heavy winter clothes. ((Donal his attack missed and it's your go for this round.))

Varis moves to a masked villain near the caravan full of children. Catching Varis offguard, it drives a spear into Varis' shoulder (4 damage) with a scream and crouches lower to the ground not aware of the Warforged that came behind him. Varis retaliates, shouting in both pain and anger. He sinks both his blades into the creature, spilling blackish blood across the snow. The creature screeches, bracing itself against its' spear.

Across the dark, cold night the sound of battle can be heard by all. Nearly all of the civilians have run into the caravans. A select few are still moving across the site to get into a wagon with their families. One of the louder sounds ringing across the sky are deep, mechanical shouts echoing from the Warforged.

Updated Map (includes the enemies killed by Warforged):
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Boggs; 2008-12-16 at 04:41 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Orc in the Playground

Donal Lugh

Donal gets to his feet, throwing Durandal, his sword, from one hand to the other. He stares at the wolf and the creature mounted for a minute, before jumping with a shout, descending on the enemy with a powerful slash as his blade begins to glow a faint green light.

Spoiler
    Show

Minor to mark the Boss with Aegis of Assault

Standart to use Greenflame Blade on the Boss;
    (1d20+12)[17] - Attack vs AC
    (1d8+8)[10] - Fire damage
    My own homebrewed world/setting: Yay!

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

Vaendor jumps away from the wolf creature, wanting to keep his distance. He points his rod at Donal, focusing the arcane forces he controls and with a sonic boom, a blast of energy travels from the rod to Donal's armor, not damaging it, but infusing it with energy. A bolt of that energy jumps from the armor and strikes at the wolf.

Spoiler
    Show
    Take a step to the upper right, using Thundering Armor on Donal. He gets a +1 to AC and I make an attack against the boss's fortitute, knocking him one square away from Donal if it hits.
    (1d20+7)[14]
    (1d6+5)[11]

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Pleased with the kills, Rigel says to Skamos, "I think I'm startin' to like you's..."

He then moves toward the group of enemies to the south, screaming all the while.

(Spoiler with actions)

Spoiler
    Show

Rigel will move SE 1, S 1, then SW 1, and use Sly Flourish on the enemy minion.

Sly Flourish: (1d20+11)[20]
    Damage: (1d6+9)[10]

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

As his first opponent falls, Ealai turns to the Warforged at his side, commanding "You get the one by the tree! We'll handle the ones in camp!" before moving to engage the largest shadow, his blade materializing in his hand before flaring to shining life.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move SW 3, putting me adjacent to the boss on his upper-right corner, then call my weapon with my swordbond, and finally trigger my Sunblade's at-will power (free action, now does radiant damage). My Sunblade casts bright light in a 20-square radius.