New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Fatal Syzygy - Sinners

"Gillium Resh"
    HP: 37/43

Gillium nods, grateful. "Thanks. Hard to kit up holding her." As he passes her to Anne, he looks her over for any potions that might be used to treat her burns, then heads back to gather his ring and guisarme. "Which way?" He asks no one in particular.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

Anna

"I say we check the tunnel, try and get out of this place. This woman needs a healer."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Druid_lord View Post
    I rise from the depths of hell once more to answer the call of...MESHAKHAD!!!!
    Founder/Rabbi of the Kazumi Kato and Daigo ???? Fanclub

Gordon Freeman avatar by Dr. Bath.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Aisha/Jackal

"Escaping, are we?"

Jackal grins widely at them all, looking delightfully surprised as if it hadn't occurred to her that they were doing all of this in order to get out of this place. She pauses, leaning a little to one side and looking up as she taps her lip thoughtfully.

"Hmmm. I haven't done that before... I suppose it's worth trying."

She snaps back upright and lets her grin dance across her face again, taunting and mocking the world in general.

"Onwards to the tunnel!"

She slips back around the corner and towards the tunnel she had found.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Just a clarification -- Is Anna/maybe-someone-else going to be dragging the women through the tunnel?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
    Smacking your teammate in the face is always a free action.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, I will be.
    Last edited by Meshakhad; 2008-11-18 at 05:06 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #36
    Pixie in the Playground

Rarrg

((nothing like a stylishly late entry. Check the OOC soon for my reason sorry again guys))

Waking up on the floor Raarg shakes his head inbetween his giant ham sized hands and speaks aloud to no one in particular

"Stupid mean guards no one trust them

Now hows you all here?

Ooooh kitty!

Anyone else really really hungry?

Oh imma Raarg guys."

The large incredibly well muscled orc has more of a bluish tinge to him than the regular grey that most people are used to seeing. He has a single lock of black hair hanging down the back of his head carefully braided down. He has the look of someone not quite all there, and openly trusting, but not a person you would cross, on the whole bear lookalike thing. ((280 pounds 6ft 9 20 STR/CON))

When he witness's the explosion he gets thrown to the floor but stands up with nothing more than a scratch.

"BAD BANG!

We go now yes? Beat those guards up. Evil Guards

Me no touch burney lady, burn hurt. Burn hurt bad"

With this he plods off up the corridor following the pretty cat lady.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

The five intrepid souls crawl through the tunnel for about 50'. The tunnel is smooth, but a little sooty. The smell from before is strongest in the middle, but then fades away as you reach the dimly lit end of it. Dragging the woman is supremely difficult as her dead weight is cumbersome. Although she doesn't rouse completely, she does manage a pained groan whenever you mishandle her.

As you crawl out of the hole, you find yourselves in a modest room. The explosion seems to have come out here as well as there are smoldering hunks of wood that look like they used to be closets and beds. The door seems to have been blown off its hinges. Searching around, you don't find anything of particular value. As you step outside the door, you find yourselves in a grand hall -- about 100' long and nearly just as wide. The pillars which hold up the ~30' ceilings are in bad repair. Despite missing bits and pieces of stone here and there, though, they seem to be doing their job properly. The walls are lined with portrait paintings, and all of these look old and destroyed. Most of them are in pieces. The ground is littered with trash and half eaten meals. It is clear that whoever lives here doesn't take care of the place at all. All of this is barely lit with luminescent mushrooms scattered around the floor.

But that isn't the most interest part -- that is reserved for the center of the Great Hall, which has been cleared out. There is a circle of small creatures, all brandishing a sword toward the middle of the circle where there is a medium size figure trying to ward off the little ones with just here hands and words. Their conversation is loud enough to echo through the cavern. You hear the last bit of it as you step out into the tunnel into the modest room.

A hissing and high-pitced voice says, "Now, I'll give you one more chance since we were interrupted. What are you doing here? Are you a spy?"

A gentle, but panicking feminine voice answers, "I'm no spy. Please don't kill me! I'll do whatever you want. I'll give you my boat if you let me go. It'll take you wherever you'd like to go." You hear one final "Please."

Spoiler
    Show

Sorry to push it along, but truthfully, I didn't have anything interesting for you guys until here. Here's the map. You guys entered from the top left, and I'm presuming that you all are within E2 - G4 right now, looking out into the Great Hall. The surrounded person is around P12-ish with the little bugger at about a five foot radius. There's about 12-15 of them.

The double lines are doors (or where doors used to be). The Os are pillars.

Last edited by KingRexII; 2008-11-19 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention the body!

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

Anna lays the woman down before entering the main room, to get a better look.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot check: (1d20+1)[11]
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #39

"Gillium Resh"

Gillium peers into the room, holding his guisarme ready. "I'd feel a lot better if I had some armor...."

10. - Top - End - #40
    Pixie in the Playground

Raarg

"Lots versus one!?

No fair!

Raarg charge

Save the lady!!!"

Assuming he was at G4 he'll charge towards O11, muscles bulging out and froth forming at his mouth as he goes.

Bullrush!

AoO from the defender and anyone else that threatens that square - anyone except the defender has a 25% chance of hitting someone else other than me, basically he's aiming for the closest one in an effort to barrel him into some other ones.

StrengthCheck - (1D20+9)[29] +4 for every category I am bigger than him (Medium)

If i push him back, im gonna follow him as far as i can.

Spoiler
    Show

Stat Block

HP : 87/95
    AC : 10
    Raging : 1/10

11. - Top - End - #41

"Gillium Resh"

"Well... that was one thing..." Gillium watches the half orc run into the room. "Do we even know if the little ones are wrong here? The other one might be a spy, and it would be good to befriend the small creatures."

He makes no move to follow the barbarian.
    Last edited by ColdSepp; 2008-11-19 at 10:05 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Aisha/Jackal

Aisha slips out of the room, not so much to run into the fight, but to get a better view and out into the open, where she has more room to maneuver. Grinning, she cheers on the half orc.

"Go get 'em!"

13. - Top - End - #43
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

M'llanana

The kukris in her hands make her feel complete for the first time since she was imprisoned. Following the others and watching the half-orc charge into the fray, she turns to the others. "Who really cares who's in the right here? The tied-up woman has a boat, and that means escape. I'm all in favor of helping her."

Without waiting for a response, she bounds after Raarg, blades at the ready.

Spoiler
    Show

Blood in the Water stance already active (stacking and untyped +1 AB/Damage for each confirmed critical as long as last critical was within 1 minute)

Full-Round action: Charge at nearest target: Attack - (1d20+11)[18], Damage - (1d4+2)[3] -- drops AC to 16 for the round
    Last edited by Duke of URL; 2008-11-20 at 07:20 AM.

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

Anna -- still in the original room with the comatose woman, sees everything play out before her, though, she can't glean any new information as to why anything is happening.

Raarg, well..., 'raargs' his way through the situation. His sudden presence scare off many of the little ones. One runs off toward the big doors at the end of the hallway ((Z12)) while another three scatter. He is able to crash successfully into his target quarry, pushing him back right into the woman he is trying to protect. Raarg pushes the two of them as far as he can while taking a few stabs from those that aren't too cowardly to run away1. He ends up bursting through the entire circle, and one kobold and the woman lay prone on the ground close to him. M'llanana follows close behind the half-orc and stabs one of them.

Gil hangs back while the Jackal moves in for a better view.

Spoiler
    Show

Raarg takes a 8 damage. From attacks of opportunity.

Le Map w/ gridlines:

If the Jackal, Anna, or Gil want to start off somewhere else, just say so, and I'll move them over.

EDIT: Oh, those who want to continue hacking and slashing -- roll initiative, please.
    Last edited by KingRexII; 2008-11-23 at 11:41 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45

M'llanana

Spoiler
    Show

Init - (1d20+6)[17]

Unless events dictate more restraint, she attacks with both kukris:

Attack - (1d20+7)[25], Damage - (1d4+2)[6] (+6 from crit confirm, if successful)
    Attack - (1d20+7)[16] (+1 blood in the water, if previous crit confirmed), Damage - (1d4+1)[4] (+1 blood in the water, if previous crit confirmed)
    Last edited by Duke of URL; 2008-11-20 at 12:46 PM.

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

16. - Top - End - #46

Spoiler
    Show

Confirm - (1d20+7)[22] Edit: (+4 for Battle Ardor, forgot), Damage - (1d4+2)[6]

That'll likely be good enough to confirm. That means +1 AB/damage on the off-hand attack and any future attacks for at least 1 minute
    Last edited by Duke of URL; 2008-11-20 at 12:46 PM.

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

Anna

(1d20+3)[16]
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48
    Pixie in the Playground

Raarg

"Hurt raarg more!

Raarg no half-orc

Full orc death you!

Smush you little lizard!"

5ft step to R15

Full round attack versus mini lizard!

Power attack in order here i think -

take 3 from attack bonus to damage.

Attack1 - (1D20+9)[19]
    Attack2 - (1D20+9)[19]

Damage1 - (1D3+10)[13]
    Damage2 - (1D3+10)[13]

Lets hope i squish him even if it is non lethal.

"Has anyone got a spare pointy stick Raarg can borrow?"

19. - Top - End - #49
    Pixie in the Playground

missed init sorry

initiative - (1D20+2)[21]

If i go second after the mini lizards ill charge the closest one and just do the first attack

HP = 79/90
    AC = 12

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Aisha/Jackal

Initiative: (1d20+3)[13]

The Jackal seems content just to grin and watch the situation, though she is ready to act at any moment should it become necessary.

21. - Top - End - #51

"Gillium Resh"
    HP: 37/43 AC: 13 Initiative 13

Gillium moves forward into the room.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving to M9, Readying an Action to use Vanguard Strike on the first enemy with reach. Also, I have reach 10, so be aware of AoOs.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Orc in the Playground

Anna

"Ah. I see what's going on. A bunch of kobolds are threatening an innocent woman. Time to go to work."

Anna charges the nearest kobold, swinging her deadly mind-blade.

Spoiler
    Show
    I would have preferred to have moved further into the room earlier - say, to I6. I will move from there (taking advantage of my 40ft movement speed) to N11.

Attack: (1d20+8)[15]
    Damage: (1d10+5)[14]

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

Default The Lightened Dark

Raarg uses a powerful to kick the prone kobold, thankfully missing the woman. Its body jerks, but instead of staying down, all that it elicits is an angry hiss -- "Where did you come from?"

The cat strikes with her metal claws, effectively decapitating one while Anna runs by her side to strike another one. Despite hitting true, her psionic blade isn't enough to drop it. She realizes that these kobolds are tougher than most.

Gil bides his time, waiting for something to try to break the frontline.

The kobolds, slow to react to the sudden intrusion, finally hop into action. While the others who ran run even further away, the others group into threes to fight someone. The three around Raarg stab at him, swarming around him. Anna and M'llanana are beset with three of their own and must endure a wall of blades. Anna dodges each swipe, but M'llanana isn't as lucky as two swords hit1. One of the kobolds warns the others in a foreign tongue2. The woman, using the opportunity that the battle affords, crawls to the closest column and uses it to protect her back.

The Jackal and Gil, though they don't get a chance to brawl, are accosted by something else. The two feel the crackle of magical energy and the gentle breeze of newly teleported figures. Two look like guards, but neither have their weapons drawn. The two people behind them are both cloaked. One is completely covered in a gray cloak -- not even his or her or its face is uncovered. The other is in a jet cloak, and this person is quite striking. It looks like its body is made completely of light, and its head floats above its cloaked shoulders3. Beams of light try to escape the slivered gaps of his black robes.

His voice is otherwordly and sounds as if it were light personified. "Curious. It seems we are late -- the test has started already."

Spoiler
    Show

1Raarg takes 8 damage. M'llanana takes 5.
    2In Draconic:
    Spoiler
    Show

"[color=red]Don't let them get the crown! They must be after it![/red]"

3Knowledge: The Planes - DC 13
    Spoiler
    Show

It is a Lumi, literal warriors of Light from the Positive Energy Plane. Their numbers are few, but they constantly fight the creatures of the Negative Energy Plane.
    Knowledge: The Planes - DC 18 (use same roll)
    Spoiler
    Show

They hate people who lie and deceive and will usually kill them on sight. They would invade the Material Plane to purge it of every single liar if only they had the proper numbers. They put their own code of honesty and truth ahead of the well-being of others.
    Knowledge: The Planes - DC 23 (use same roll)
    Spoiler
    Show

You know what their society is like and their battle tactics. Check out MM3, page 99 for details. Otherwise, they're available by request.

Initiative Order:
    Raarg - 21
    M'llanana - 17
    Anna - 16
    Jackal - 13
    Gil - 13
    Kobolds/Woman
    ???? (teleported group)
    Round 1 done -- Round 2 actions, please
    Last edited by KingRexII; 2008-11-22 at 10:20 AM. Reason: I hate photobucket sometimes.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Pixie in the Playground

Raarg

"Stupid little lizards!

Squish you now!"

Attacking the injured one.

If it drops run over to the woman, and face away from her protecting her, if it doesn't curse fluently in orcish at the little lizards.

Attack - (1D20+8)[17]
    Damage - (1D3+11)[13]

Spoiler
    Show

HP : 71/95
    AC : 10
    Raging : 3/10

Last edited by Daniel M; 2008-11-22 at 09:28 AM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Jackal

Aisha's attention flips from the kobold's strange speech to the newly arrived figures, her eyes flicking over them as she examined them with unconcealed curiosity. Without caution, she abandons her post watching the battle to move over to the group, looking extremely relaxed and lazy as she grins at them.
    "Here to see our little performance, are you? Well, welcome. I am Jackal, and this is my motley band of fools. Is there something we can do for you?"
    She gives a little bow as she introduces the rest of her group with a single, outstretched arm.

26. - Top - End - #56

"Gillium Resh"
    HP: 39/43 AC: 13 Initiative 13

Gillium glances at the new group, but after hearing Jackel speak to them, he chooses to help his allies already fighting. He steps forward, striking between them at the kobolds.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move 5 feet to N10. Use Crusaders Strike on Kobold in M13
    ATTACK = 20
    Damage = 13
    Healing from Stance = 2 (to myself)
    Healing from Strike = 9 to M'llanana.
    Swift Action - Change stance to Iron Guard Glare. Remember my Reach, for AoOs, and the Stance means every foe I threaten takes a -4 to hit my allies. He is threatening all 6 of them.
    Last edited by ColdSepp; 2008-11-22 at 12:20 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57

M'llanana

M'llanana simply smiles at the tickle she receives, feeling the bloodlust of battle surging within her.

Spoiler
    Show

+1 AB/damage from Blood in The Water
    AttackMain - (1d20+8)[12], Damage - (1d4+3)[5]
    AttackOff - (1d20+8)[10], Damage - (1d4+2)[4]'

Edit: ...and promptly hits nothing but air...
    Last edited by Duke of URL; 2008-11-22 at 02:41 PM.

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

Anna

Anna focuses her energy into her blade, moves to avoid being surrounded, and strikes again.

Spoiler
    Show

Move Action: Imbue mind blade with psychic strike energy
    Misc. Action: 5' Step to M11
    Standard Action: Attack Kobold at M12:
    Attack: (1d20+8)[26]
    Damage: (1d10+5)[12]
    Psychic Strike Damage: (1d8)[8]
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground

Default Just one more complication...

The en-lightened one answers the gray elf, carrying on with her metaphor: "Yes, we have come to watch your performance... although you, my dear, seem to have a case of stage fright. I expected you to be the first to draw blood, but then again, you're not really one to follow the script, now are you?" He looks toward the fully cloaked figure next him, and they seem to communicate wordlessly. A rough voice begins to chant underneath the veil. His two guards stand firm and stoic.

In the meanwhile, the battle continues. Anna is able to take one out while Gil maims another. Despite all her rage, M'llanana is still a rat in a cage, missing with both swipes. Raarg finally knocks the original kobold down. He goes to protect the woman, who whispers to him, "Get me out of here alive, and I'll give you whatever you want." The kobolds that flanked him press their attack; together, they're able to get in a couple of hits1.

The kobold that had fled before has come back, but with a larger lizard trailing behind it. The larger one speaks in a foreign tongue2 and bellows, "Who dare disturbs the Dark Talon clan?" Before getting an answer, he begins to chant to himself.

Spoiler
    Show

1He is the only one to take damage, minus four HP for Raarg.
    2In Draconic:
    Spoiler
    Show

Leave this place. I will deal with them. Protect the Crown.

Le map:

End of round 2, round 3 actions, please.

30. - Top - End - #60

"Gillium Resh"
    HP: 39/43 AC: 13 Initiative 13

Gillium continues to glare at the kobolds, his guisarme weaving around M'allana "Orc, if you want healing, I might be able to help you next time, if you're closer. Maybe!" He calls, lashing out.

Spoiler
    Show
    Mountain Hammer on Kobold in P9
    Attack = 15
    Damage = 18
    Still in Iron Guard Glare, all enemies I threaten take -4 to attacks vs Allies