Move Action: Imbue mind blade with psychic strike energy
    Standard Action: Attack Kobold at M12:
    Attack: (1d20+8)[12]
    Damage: (1d10+5)[9]
    Psychic Strike Damage: (1d8)[1]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Druid_lord View Post
    I rise from the depths of hell once more to answer the call of...MESHAKHAD!!!!
    Founder/Rabbi of the Kazumi Kato and Daigo ???? Fanclub

Gordon Freeman avatar by Dr. Bath.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: The Fatal Syzygy - Sinners

Raarg

"Big lizard mine!

Stupid little lizard.

Its okay floor lady you go alive.

Big lizard make little ones go

He said shinies! Follow the little ones

Raarg get big lizard.

Raarg no need healing

Raarg squish big lizard!"

Move to X13 and try to grapple.

Orc hugging a lizard?

MelleeTouchAttack - (1D20+12)[28]
    GrappleCheck - (1D20+7)[24]
    GrappleDamage - (1D3+7)[9]

Spoiler
    Show

HP : 67/95
    AC : 10
    Raging : 4/10
    Last edited by Daniel M; 2008-11-24 at 05:02 AM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

M'llanana

She tries to cut down the kobolds so she can get to the larger lizard, who appears to be much more dangerous... "Stand still so I can hurt you!"

Spoiler
    Show

Dual attack again...
    AttackMain - (1d20+8)[24], Damage - (1d4+3)[7]
    AttackOff - (1d20+8)[25], [roll=Damage]1d4+[/roll]

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Just one more complication...

Quote Originally Posted by KingRexII View Post
    The en-lightened one answers the gray elf, carrying on with her metaphor: "Yes, we have come to watch your performance... although you, my dear, seem to have a case of stage fright. I expected you to be the first to draw blood, but then again, you're not really one to follow the script, now are you?" He looks toward the fully cloaked figure next him, and they seem to communicate wordlessly. A rough voice begins to chant underneath the veil. His two guards stand firm and stoic
    Jackal

"Scripts are for actors. As you see, I'm the manager."
    She grins widely as she subtly pays attention to the chant, trying to identify exactly what was being cast (if anything.)
    (1d20+9)[17]
    "Besides, if drawing blood is to be a trick, everyone has to expect me not to first, hm? How can one deliver the unexpected if nothing is yet expected?"

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

Question Choices

Gil misses his mark because the sly little lizard uses M'llanana as a partial shield, but she has a clear shot and hits it with both blades. Anna injures another too, but it isn't enough to fell it. Raarg gives a nice friendly hug to one of his attackers and squeezes a good part of its life away. In retaliation, the kobolds... run away. They take off toward the left opening, but the one that the cat cut is chopped down when it tries to slide past Gil's long reach. Those three get away while the unloved kobold next to Raarg runs to the left door and disappears.

Continuing with the reptilian theme the kobold and the lizardfolk are joined by a monitor lizard which the kobold promptly mounts. Finished with its spell, the Dark Talon member reigns down lightning from the ceiling, frying Raarg1 and the kobold he's holding, which now smells like Kentucky Fried LizardTM ((grappled kobold is dead)). It then moves forward and then casts another spell on itself2.

"No tricks, Jackal," he says in an almost paternal tone, "For I expect great things from you and your motley band." His cloaked friend continues to chant, but there is no sense of magic, arcane or otherwise, in the words. "Let's see now -- do you... feel anything?"

The five of you feel an inkling of power coming from your core, like someone uncorked an inert, and innate, part of your being3. You are sure it isn't immediately harmful, but it also is unlike anything you've felt before.

Spoiler
    Show

1I rolled the Reflex save for you. Raarg takes 12 damage.
    2Spellcraft, DC 17:
    Spoiler
    Show

Barkskin

3You may choose to roll a Will save to resist whatever the effects are. Please note that choosing not to roll the save is a viable option as it leads to consequences different than failing the roll.

Ze map:

Initiative Order:
    Raarg - 21
    M'llanana - 17
    Anna - 16
    Jackal - 13
    Gil - 13
    Dark Talon member/Woman
    Teleported group
    End of Round 3. Please hold off on combat actions until I've stated the consequences of the will save, though free actions like speaking are fine.
    Last edited by KingRexII; 2008-11-25 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
    Smacking your teammate in the face is always a free action.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Gillium Resh"
    HP: 39/43 AC: 13 Initiative 13

"What in the abyss did you do to me, mage?!" Gillium yells at the cloaked figure as the feeling washed over him. His focus, however, remains on the mounted kobold and the lizard that fried Raarg, so the mage doesn't get the force of his glare.

Spoiler
    Show
    No will save made, I'll accept the effects.
    Last edited by ColdSepp; 2008-11-25 at 06:15 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Pixie in the Playground

Raarg

"Raarg!

Leave Mr Lightening Lizard for Raarg please

You go beat up horse-lizard

and ill go hug big lizard"

- Ill accept it, he doesn't care anymore just wants to squish everything
    Last edited by Daniel M; 2008-11-25 at 08:08 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68

M'llanana

The catlike female simply smiles as the path to the magic-using lizard is clear.

Spoiler
    Show

Pass on the save.

I'll be unable to post until late Monday/early Tuesday due to travel.

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Jackal

"I feel lots of things!"
    Jackal says cheerfully.
    "I'm a little bored, because there is little for me to do here, I'm still tired because apparently I got less sleep than I would like, I feel excited, because today seems like it should be interesting...
    ...I feel curious as to what kind of blood you'd spill if I cut you..."

She grins a bit devilishly at that last mention.
    "But let me tell you, there isn't anything that can stop me from playing tricks... not one."

Spoiler
    Show
    Because I feel like it, Jackal makes a will save:
    She rolled an 8 though.
    Random mysterious feelings coming from people she doesn't know? She doesn't care if it feels harmful or not, it's not something she's going to trust.
    Granted, there is the chance I screwed something up by doing this, but I should hope you're a better DM than that. >.>

10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground

Default Consequences

Jackal's words seem to anger the light-creature. His emitting light is tainted with red, coloring him and bathing those around him in bloody hues. He speaks with a restrained fury. "Impudent child. You will fall in line, and you will be the instrument to my goal. I have no time to listen to your inane prattle. Vicks, Wedge -- teach her a lesson." The guards start to move against the woman.

Spoiler
    Show

Note: I chose for Anna to fight the effects. I figured that she's much too independent to have anyone force anything upon her. Again, Meshakhad, you can change this when you get back. Just don't look at the other spoiler!

The results:
    For Anna and the Jackal:
    Spoiler
    Show

Despite your best efforts of controlling what's happening, the feeling seeps into your being, but not completely. You gain 1dX HP where X is the highest HD you've taken so far. For example, a bard/barbarian would roll a 1d12 and gain that much HP. Your will is still your own, though, and you can continue to fight the effects if you would like. Each round, you can roll a Will save to suppress it, or you can relent.

For Gil, Raarg and M'llanana:
    Spoiler
    Show

You allow the full effects of the feelings to fill your entire being. You gain 2dX HP where X is the highest HD you've taken so far. For example, a bard/barbarian would roll a 2d12 and gain that much HP. In addition, it fortifies you, temporarily boosting your innate being. Gain +2 to each primary stat (STR, CON, DEX, INT, WIS, CHA). Finally, you've gotten a feeling of great connection to each other and to Anna, the Jackal and the Gray Cloak. You know their positions, and you have a feeling that there is more to come.

You have relented to whatever this is, however, and you can feel that part of your will is no longer yours. You can no longer resist the effects for the rest of the encounter, and you have a permanent -2 penalty to saves against these kinds of effects. (I'll tell you when the penalty applies.)

La map:

Initiative Order:
    Raarg - 21
    M'llanana - 17
    Anna - 16
    Jackal - 13
    Gil - 13
    Dark Talon member/Mounted Kobold/Woman
    Teleported group
    Please post the next round's actions, please.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Jackal

"Now now, save that kind of talk for bed. Of course, I tend to prefer that position myself, so it still might not come out like you want..."
    Says Jackal, grinning widely at Lumi as if it were all a game. Perhaps to her it is... as the two guards come towards her, she neatly does a back handspring showing off even as it slows her down.
    "Shame you don't have it in you to punish me yourself. It's so much more fun when things are personal. Still, I'll try to enjoy it."
    She blows a kiss at one of the incoming guards, winking at him as well, even as she casts a spell on him, giving no sign of its casting at all...

Spoiler
    Show
    Will save again against the effects: (1d20+4)[21]
    Tumble Check just for kicks- doesn't matter if she succeeds, since she has no one to provoke AoOs from. (1d20+11)[24] Move to M 7 as 5ft step.

Silenced Power Word Pain at the guard in J 7.
    No save.
    Spell Resistance may apply, so just in case of that.... (1d20+5)[9]
    He takes (1d6)[5] damage now if he has 100 hp or less, and will continue to take damage for:
    (1d4)[2] rounds if he has 76-100 hp.
    The above plus (1d4)[3] more rounds if he 51-75 hp.
    Or both of the above plus (2d4)[4] more rounds if he has 50 or less HP.

Also, here is the late roll for the heckling. Bluff = 23
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2008-11-26 at 02:06 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Orc in the Playground

Anna instills psychic energy into her blade, but doesn't move. Instead, she touches a tattoo on her body, and gives the Dark Talon member a glare that takes his breath away... literally.

Spoiler
    Show

Yeah, Anna's way too independent to let anyone control her.

HP: (1d8)[8]
    Will: (1d20+5)[8]

Move action: Imbue blade with psychic strike
    Standard action: Activate tattoo of crisis of breath on the Dark Talon member.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73
    Pixie in the Playground

Raarg

"Come here mr lightening!

You have a shiny crown for Raarg?

Raarg looks good in a crown."

To the woman:

"Don't worry ill get you out!

Just lemme go hug mr Lightening Lizard

You'll be okay"

With that

Move : T13
    Standard : Grapple! - Hopefully, taking the DTS member into my arms and squishing him a little

MelleeTouchAttack - (1D20+13)[24]
    GrappleCheck - (1D20+8)[9]
    GrappleDamage - (1D3+8)[10]

Stat Block

Spoiler
    Show

Init: 21
    HP : 55/95
    Raging : 5/10
    Rage STR:24
    Rage CON:24
    Temp Rage: 0/1
    Temp STR:26
    Temp CON:26
    Temp HP = (2D12)[10]

14. - Top - End - #74

"Gillium Resh"
    HP: 47/47 AC: 12 Initiative 13 Steely Resolve 0/10

As the upwelling of power flows through him, Gilliums face twists into a smile. The tiny scales that dot his skin seem to, pulse, once, as some ancient part of him awakens. Perhaps something of the dragon lineage is awoken, or perhaps it is something of the primordial human; whatever it is, he feels the change. He makes no sound as he bounds forward, striking one of the oncoming guards.

Spoiler
    Show

Charging 10 Feet to L8, using Battle Leaders Charge on J7 (Guard)
    Attack = 18 (ugh)
    Damage = 22
    Stance is still Iron Guard Glare; Reach 10; Combat Reflexes Give 4 AoOs total
    Charge +2 Attack, -2 AC ; Already included above (AC is 12)
    Extra Constitution increases HP; Already above.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Orc in the Playground

eek I need a Surge protector.

Raarg runs over to the caster and is able to put the squeeze on him. M'llanana, torn between which one to skewer, decides to go for the 'rider and the horse,' so to speak. She successfully pokes the mount. Anna tattoo glows and then disappears... to no apparent success. The Dark Talon still breathes normally. Jackal's kiss proves deadly enough as the guard winces noticeably in pain while the same guard merely gives an ironic laugh at Gil's fruitless attempt.

"You cannot contain a shaman of the Dark Talon clan!" he shouts at Raarg as he squirms in the big man's arms and successfully brings down another bolt of lightning on him. "Get me out of here, you fools!" he calls to his lackeys. They respond in turn by inching over and attacking the orc with tooth and nail1. The woman who keeps a flitting eye on the actions, makes her way to the door where the majority of the kobolds had escaped to.

The Jackal's words produces more special effects from the light being changes into a deeper red. He takes a minutes to compose himself, though, and responds, "I never make it personal." It's difficult to tell for whom he spoke those words.

The pained guard approaches the Jackal with murder in her eyes, apparently unamused by her little trick. She says, "Bitch! No one defies Amil and lives!" Despite taking a hit from Gil's guisarme Gil's unsuccessful trip attempt, her focus is on her attacker, and she ignores the dragon-looking human. She draws her blade and takes a big swing at the gray elf's flank, slicing through flesh and bone2. The blow is fatal, and at the sight of the Jackal dying, the just-composed Amil turns a dangerous crimson and yells at his minion, "Don't kill her, you fool!"

The other guard keeps an eye on Gil's long reach and begins to cast a spell defensively. He hits him with a magical arrow3.

Spoiler
    Show

1Raarg gets shocked, bitten and stabbed for 20 damage.
    2The Jackal takes 22 damage and is dying.
    For both ColdSepp and Vael:
    Spoiler
    Show

Both of you may have interrupting actions here. Since the Jackal has a higher initiative, I'll let Vael decide first. She can 'delay' her choice though if she wants to defer to ColdSepp first and then decide what to do. After we've sort it out, I'll modify the post to give the results.

3Gil takes 4 acid damage.

More surging:
    The Jackal:
    Spoiler
    Show

You have successfully suppressed the surge, but you still feel its lingering effects. Gain +1dX HP where X is the highest HD you've taken so far. This effect happens even when she's unconscious.

For Anna:
    Spoiler
    Show

You fail to fight the feeling again. It begins to pervade your being even more. You gain 2dX HP where X is the highest HD you've taken so far. In addition, it fortifies you, temporarily boosting your body, mind and soul. Gain +2 to each primary stat (STR, CON, DEX, INT, WIS, CHA). Finally, you've gotten a feeling of great connection to the other five people and the Gray Cloak. You know their positions, and you have a feeling that there is more to come.

You can continue rolling Will saves to fight it, or you may relent.

For Gil, M'llanana and Raarg:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Surge continues to flow from and through you, making you feel exceeding powerful. You continue to gain 2dX HP where X is the highest HD you've taken so far. You gain an additional +2 to each primary stat for a total 'Surge' bonus of +4.

Your connection with the other five members of your team and the Gray Cloak becomes stronger still. By concentrating as in the Detect Thoughts spell, you can read 'surface' thoughts of any of the other five people or the Gray Cloak. This takes a standard action. Finally, you get the somewhat uneasy feeling that if any of the other five die, then you die.

:paM ehT

Initiative Order:
    Raarg - 21
    M'llanana - 17
    Anna - 16
    Jackal - 13
    Gil - 13
    Teleported group
    End of Round 4. Please give Round 5 actions.
    Last edited by KingRexII; 2008-11-28 at 11:14 PM. Reason: got results

16. - Top - End - #76
    Pixie in the Playground

Raarg - Round 5 Actions.

The orcs eyes go wild and bloodshot and he would appear to have lost all function of his mouth.

Surface thought for anyone who bothers taking the standard;

Spoiler
    Show

RAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGG! SQUISH!

Try and get away from me will he? Stupid Lizard, ill try and and grab and keep him this time.

MelleeTouchAttack - (1D20+14)[18]
    GrappleCheck - (1D20+9)[17]
    GrappleDamage - (1D3+8)[10]

Stat Block

Spoiler
    Show

HP : 45/95
    Raging : 6/10
    Rage STR:26
    Rage CON:26
    Temp Rage: 0/2
    Temp STR:28
    Temp CON:28
    HP Heal; (2D12)[19]

17. - Top - End - #77
    Orc in the Playground

Anna

HP: 44/36

Now Anna attacks. She skirts around the mounted kobold, takes a flanking position opposite Raarg, and brings her charged blade to bear against the Dark Talon.

She feels the power inside of her, but her instincts tell her to reject it.

Spoiler
    Show

Will Save: (1d20+6)[8]
    HP Gain: (2d8)[7]
    Attack: (1d20+11)[14]
    Damage: (1d10+7)[10]
    Psychic Strike: (1d8)[7]

Move Action: Move to S12, making sure to not move through the mounted kobold's threatened zone
    Standard Action: Attack the Dark Talon Member
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78

"Gillium Resh"
    HP: 51/51 AC: 15 Initiative: 13
    Steely Resolve (Delay Damage Pool) 4/10

"What's he talking about?" Gillium asks Jackal, then to the light creature. "What goal? Who are you, and where are we?" His eyes, however, stay on the two guards, the acid burst only seeming to annoy him.

Spoiler
    Show

Damage in Delay Damage Pool (Steely Resolve)
    Swift Action-Stance: Martial Spirit
    Five Foot Step to L9
    Crusaders Strike on Guard in L7 if alive, or Guard in G8 if dead
    23 to Hit
    Damage is 18
    Jackal Heals 7
    Last edited by ColdSepp; 2008-11-29 at 01:07 AM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Jackal

Jackal blinks her eyes open, blood around her as she gets up, wounds stinging like crazy. The strange power flowing in her manages to heal her, and she spits out blood, grinning at the guard dangerously.
    "You play rough, little girl. Lets see what happens if you go up against someone who puts the same heat on you."
    She raises a hand, and all the color and visibility of her form seeps away into a ball of riotous energy in her unseen hand, which she then sends whirring at the guard, trying to blind her with it.

Spoiler
    Show
    I heal 4 from the surge, which puts me back up at 3 HP. I delay my action until after Gil, receive 7 healing from him (putting me at 10 HP) and then use a move action to stand, a standard action to cast Blinding Color Surge (PHB II page 104. Will Save DC 17 or the guard is blind 1 round. I get invisibility for 5 rounds). I then take a five foot step to N 6.
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2008-11-30 at 01:26 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

Vaeris Saint Clair

The door where the body was left flies open, slamming loudly against the wall. A few footsteps echo throughout the room, and the burned woman comes into view. Though still wounded, and recognizably burned, she seems MUCH better than she had been not long ago. A golden dot glimmers on her forehead, and she raises a hand to push her dark brown hair from obscuring her grey eyes. All she wears is a burned dress, shifted and torn in odd places so as to not 'expose' her. A belt of rope, with a small bag tied to one end hangs loosly from her waist.

She stands still, silent, her eyes darting to the guards, Jackal, the light being, and back, mentally determining which among them are friends, and which are foes. After a few looks, her eyes snap to one of the guards. She recognizes him, and her eyes widen. You! She hisses quietly. Immediately, her hands are moving quickly through the air, one shooting down and grabbing something out of the bag as she whispers words with speed. She thrusts whatever is in her hand at the guard at J8. Suddenly, it focuses into view, it's a shard of ice, flying at high velocity at the guard.

Spoiler
    Show
    Vaeris is not going to make a will save for the strange magic.

Ice Knife
    Attack: (1d20+9)[12]
    Damage: (2d8)[9] (Reflex save 17 for half) + 2 points of DEX damage (Fortitude save 17 to resist)

Vaeris is at H4 by the way.
    Last edited by Raistlin1040; 2008-11-30 at 01:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Orc in the Playground

Default Crescendo

Raarg successfully pins1 and holds onto the Dark Talon member, which allows M'llanana to move in and stick her kukri deep in his side. Anna moves into to attack him as well, but her blade misses its mark. Gil plays a silly message board game, simultaneously hurting the guard and healing the Jackal. Finding renewed health, the Jackal puts the whammy on the guard that temporarily killed her. She gets to see the guard's surprised look before she clutches her eyes and doubles over in pain. The burning woman makes her grand entrance, shooting out a shard of ice. It misses its original target, but shatters in midair, spraying both guards, the Lumi, and the Gray Cloak with ice. It causes the Gray Cloak to suddenly stop chanting.

Angered and in pain, the Dark Talon member sends down another bolt onto Raarg. It hits only him, despite being entangled in his arms. The mounted kobold combination continues to assault the one hurting its master2. On the other front, the blinded guard moves and swings wildly at the air, allowing Gil to strike her at a weak moment. The other guard seems to have guessed what happens and casts his own spell to counter the Jackal3. A fine dust covers the trickster, essentially negating her invisibility. A thoroughly surprised Amil looks from the rising-from-death Jackal to the previously burnt-to-a-crisp woman to the now-silent Gray Cloak. Uncharacteristically flummoxed, he stammers, "How did you... Where did you... Why did you..." He curses the worst word the Celestial dictionary holds. He orders the Gray Cloak: "Start channeling again! I must know!" and it complies.

The woman that Raarg had been protected disappears into the room to the left, where the other kobolds had run off to before.

Spoiler
    Show

1Daniel, the first grapple checked worked. I assumed that you'd prefer to pin him as Raarg can pretty much do the same thing under the grappled state except that now Raarg can end the pin (and the grapple) as a free action instead of a standard action. If I'm wrong here, just say so, and we'll re-write history a little.
    2The poor water orcs gets shocked, stabbed and bitten again. Raarg takes 42 damage.(!)
    3For Gil and the Jackal - Make a Will save, DC 13 or be blinded.

The Surge... ends! Any temporary penalties and benefits due to the Surge ends immediately. You do, however, feel it surging again. You may make another Will save at the beginning of your turn to suppress the second Surge. Again, you may choose to forgo the save, but this time, it will be tantamount to failing the Will save. Those with a permanent bonus or penalty to 'Surge' affects should apply it to this Will save.

More mapage:

Initiative Order:
    Raarg - 21
    M'llanana - 17
    Anna - 16
    Gil - 13
    Jackal - 13
    Vaeris
    Teleported group
    End of Round 5. Please give Round 6 actions. Also, don't forget about the Will save, if you're rolling it.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

Anna fights off the effects of the surge. She focuses her power into her mind-blade, and strikes once more at the Dark Talon member.

Spoiler
    Show

Will Save: (1d20+5)[8]
    Attack: (1d20+8)[24]
    Damage: (1d10+5)[14]
    Psychic Strike: (1d8)[4]
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Jackal

Jackal grins, dancing away the guard who attacked her as she weaves a protective spell about herself.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move to Q 5. Tumble for no AoO: (1d20+11)[13]
    Casting Mage Armor.

Save vs. Blindness: 23
    Save vs Surge: 12
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2008-12-01 at 11:02 AM.

24. - Top - End - #84

"Gillium Resh"
    HP: 47/47AC: 14 Initiative: 13
    Steely Resolve (Delay Damage Pool) 0/10

Gillium remains silent, though his body slumps slightly as the Surge departs, then returns. He strikes out at the Guard threatening Jackal.

Spoiler
    Show
    No Save vs Surge
    Surge Healing = 10
    14 vs Blindness
    Swift Action Stance - Iron Guard Glare - Enemies I threaten take -4 to hit allies
    Crusaders Strike
    17 vs Guard M7
    22 Damage

25. - Top - End - #85
    Pixie in the Playground

Raarg

"Raarg SQUISH!"

Raarg rams his fist into the spell casting lizards mouth keeping him pinned and not only dealing damage (non lethal) bur preventing him from speaking to cast another spell.

Power-Attack for 3 - Non lethal.

Attack - (1D20+9)[22]
    Damage - (1D3+10)[11]

Prevent the creature from casting spells, if its a miss for fluff Raarg missed but rammed his elbow into the creatures mouth so it couldn't speak.

Also heres an opposed grapple incase he tries to break free. Im on +4 now because he's pinned he's at -4 i believe.

OpposedGrapple - (1D20+11)[28]

Stat Block
    Spoiler
    Show

HP : 33/95
    Raging : 7/10
    Rage STR:26
    Rage CON:26

26. - Top - End - #86

M'llanana

The "sugre" was an odd feeling... wonderful, yet frightening. She can feel its presence again, but this time she tries to resist, not entirely comfortable with something touching her mind like that.

Meanwhile, she attempts a leaping strike at the Dark Talon member in front of her.

Spoiler
    Show

Expending Moment of Perfect Mind to substitute a Concentration check for the will save: Concentration - (1d20+7)[17] (includes -2 penalty)

Expending Claw At The Moon Jump - (1d20+13)[30] vs. Target's AC to add BonusDamage - (2d6)[9] on a successful Attack - (1d20+10)[24] (BaseDamage - (1d4+3)[7])

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

Vaeris Saint Clair

Vaeris finds herself ignored by the guards and grins in glee. She begins to move her hands quickly once more, this time casting a Summon Undead III spell, to summon a Ghoul in I5, which should appear at the beginning of her next turn..

No save against the surge.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Orc in the Playground

Default Forte

Working like a well-oiled machine, Raarg, M'llanana and Anna dispose of the Dark Talon. The kobold curses in Draconic, hops off the lizard and goes to heal his master, though, it isn't enough to make him conscious again. The monitor lizard growls in anger and attacks the orc1.

On the other front, the Jackal tumbles away from the guard while Gil swings his weapon at her. Her own blindness and pain prevents her from properly defending herself, and she falls. The other guard yells, "No! Yanta!" He directs his ire at Gil, shouting "You evil bastard!" He starts to cast a spell haphazardly, allowing Gil to take a free attack. Despite his blade striking true, he is able to shoot out a ray from his finger. It flies wild, harming no one.

Even without the Jackal's barbs to help him lose his stoicism, Amil frantically urges the Gray Cloak on, "Faster! Keep--" His words are interrupted by the cavern, though, as the earth begins to shake. "NO! I need more time!" he shouts at the fates.

Spoiler
    Show

1Raarg takes 12 damage.

The Surge, take two:
    For all:
    Resistance or not, the Surge flows through your being a little easier than before as if it already knew its way around. You heal +2dX HP where X is the highest HD you've taken so far. Healing happens at the beginning of your turn. In addition, it temporarily fortifies and connects the five of you. Gain +2 to each primary stat (STR, CON, DEX, INT, WIS, CHA).

Duke of URL -- sorry, but she's still powerless against it. You still have that maneuver.

You've been mapped:

Blech: There's a mistake on the map. The kobold should be at T13 by itself, and the monitor lizard is at S13 by itself.

Initiative Order:
    Raarg - 21
    M'llanana - 17
    Anna - 16
    Gil - 13
    Jackal - 13
    Vaeris
    Teleported group
    End of Round 6. Please give Round 7 actions. Make a Balance check, DC 12 or fall prone at the beginning of your turn.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

Anna
    HP: 36/36

Anna falls down. She gets back up, steps forward, and attacks the monitor lizard.

Spoiler
    Show

HP Gain: (2d8)[4]
    Attack: (1d20+9)[24]
    Damage: (1d10+7)[8]
    Balance Check: (1d20+4)[5]

I originally had psychic strike damage, but I cut that and took a move action to get back up.

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Meshakhad; 2008-12-03 at 03:25 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90

M'llanana
    HP 37/37; AC 19 (touch 18, flat 14)

The warblade slips in behind the lizard to assist Anna from a flanking position.

Spoiler
    Show

Sorry about missing the part about no resistance for the encounter. Sheet updated.

Balance - (1d20+12)[21] vs. DC 12

Delay until after Anna's turn.

Move: Opposite Anna (should be S12, I think)
    Standard: Expend Tactical Strike; Attack - (1d20+13)[15] (includes +2 for flanking), Damage - (1d4+4)[5], BonusDamage - (2d6)[7] -- on hit, allies adjacent to the target may (their option) take a free 5' step
    Last edited by Duke of URL; 2008-12-03 at 07:36 AM.

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota