New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: The Champions of Miami (IC)

"Yeah, Looney-Toons, I've been so helpful that you ain't found jack. You try tellin' anyone in my 'hood anything like that. That'll go over great."

He nudges his friend, who is starting to come around, and says "Hey Pauly, wake up man," softly.
    Last edited by Lord Bayushi; 2008-11-23 at 02:36 AM.
    'When you're lo-oo-ony, then you just don't give a fig.
    Man's so pu-oo-oony, and the universe so big.
    If you hurt inside,
    Get certified,
    And if life should treat you bad...
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Get MAD!'
    -Joker, The Killing Joke

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Knight looks about to say something in response to the psychic's threats, when he stops and tilts his head to the side.

"At least one car incoming at high speed, no sirens. Might be their friends."

The armored man turns towards the sound, pulling his hammer back into his hands as he does.

Spoiler
    Show

(3d6)[9]
    (3d6)[10]
    (3d6)[4]
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Psiclops

The blue eye pulses and Psiclops rises into the air, turning to face the oncoming vehicle.

Spoiler
    Show
    (3d6)[12]
    (3d6)[11]
    (3d6)[3]
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Miss Liberty kicks off her heels, then runs to her car. She slinks down and after a couple minutes, steps out, wearing a light pink, form-fitting, outfit. She is wearing a small mask over her eyes.

(((As for being recognized, the DM might remember that I specifically stated that she used make-up & hair-dye to change her looks a little. Because she is drop-dead gorgeous, she didn't want a low-life drug dealer easily recognizing her. This isn't superman taking off his glasses. This is Dustin Hoffman changing into a woman in Tootsie.)))

Spoiler
    Show
    (3d6)[11]
    (3d6)[12]
    (3d6)[13]

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

5. - Top - End - #35

Zombie

[OOC] It is obvious to everyone, now, that there is at least one car incoming at high speed, at a perpendicular angle to the street that you are all on. 'Pauly' has made a remarkable recovery in the last few seconds, and both he and 'Trickle' have moved to take cover behind the van.

The basic layout is as follows:

<- North
    ....................................ll.........ll. ..........................
    ====================...........================
    .................................................. .........................
    .........................[.1.]...................[.2.].[.3.](TP)......
    ___________________(L)..ll.........ll...___(K)_(P) ______
    .................................l...ll.........ll ..l........................l
    Scale [...] = approx. 1"

1 is Liberty's Trans Am, 2 a broken down vehicle, 3 is the cleaning van.
    L, K, and P represent PC's, TP are the two punks, currently making no move to be combatants.
    The sound is to the southwest, moving north.

No need to try to make visual representations in your posts, just wanted to give a general layout for clarity.

As of now, we have entered a combat situation. It is Turn 0, Phase 12. Each PC has a SPD of 5. By DEX, the turn order is Knight, then Liberty and lastly Psiclops. (If you wish to ONLY do mental actions, PM me Psi, you will go before Liberty in that case).

At the moment, state intentions, and make any Test rolls (to hit, skill checks, etc.). I will post with effects, then the next character can post.[/OOC]

At the sound of the approaching engine, Pauly jerks upright and curses, and both he and Trickle scoot to the end of the van.

"Guess you guys will be findin' somethin' after all." Trickle states, but sounds more scared than amused.
    If you hurt inside,
    Get certified,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Get MAD!'
    -Joker, The Killing Joke

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Psiclops

Psiclops is hovering about 15' up and with another flash of his eye he is surrounded by a glowing field of blue energy. He rises further into the air so that he can be above the buildings and see the oncoming vehicle.

Spoiler
    Show
    Since it doesn't cost me anything to maintain it... what thoughts are going through Trickle's head as the car approaches?

Do I need to go back and calculate END spent with a post 12 REC, or are we assuming that all those previous actions had plenty of recovery time and we're starting at full?

As far as initiative order, whoops! That was a character advancement slipup on my part, I had always intended to keep my DEX and EGO equal so there wouldn't be any question... I'll fix it next time I get enough XP I don't know my action yet because I'm waiting to see what happens, holding action for now. ;)
    Last edited by Wiz; 2008-11-23 at 07:34 PM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

She runs back over and hides behind the van. If it turns out to be a drive-by shoting, she don't want to be a target.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Blazing Knight calmly turns himself towards the sound, and sets himself ready for action.

Spoiler
    Show

Basically holding until...the car gets here?
    Just in case...
    (3d6)[5]
    (3d6)[14]
    (3d6)[9]

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

She runs back over and hides behind the van. If it turns out to be a drive-by shoting, she don't want to be a target.

Spoiler
    Show
    Oops!! I forgot my three strange rolls.
    (3d6)[11]
    (3d6)[6]
    (3d6)[8]

10. - Top - End - #40

Zombie

A late model convertible slams into the street to the west on the next intersection, swerving severely to make the turn at high speed. High-beam lights blazing, the vehicle continues forward into the intersection, gunfire rattling from inside.

[OOC] Everyone looking for/at the vehicle is subject to a 2 Segment Sight Group Flash (will fade on Phase 1, so it will only matter for held actions at the moment). Anyone wanting to Abort for a Dive for Cover or Dodge Action, now would be a good time.
    Last edited by Lord Bayushi; 2008-11-24 at 03:40 PM.
    If you hurt inside,
    Get certified,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Get MAD!'
    -Joker, The Killing Joke

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

Psiclops

Floating above street level, yet the white parts of his uniform shining in the high beams from the vehicle, Psiclops throws himself to the side, interposting the building rooftop between him and the approaching car.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dive for Cover: DEX-2(18): (3d6)[6]
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The armored man evaluates his options, and decides to leap to the side, clear of the path of the car.

Spoiler
    Show

Dive for Cover
    (3d6)[8]

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Liberty will shrink down and get behind the dead car. She will watch to see what happens.

Spoiler
    Show
    (3d6)[17]

14. - Top - End - #44

Zombie

With the car bearing down on him in an attempted ram, Blazing Knight throws himself out of the way just in time. A pair of pistol shots ricochet off the broken down car near the minuscule form of Liberty, but come no where near her. A short burst of SMG fire impacts the rooftop near where, a moment before, Psiclops hovered.

The vehicle begins to screech in a high speed turn in the middle of the intersection, and everyone's vision begins to clear from the bright lights.

The vehicle is a 80's model Dodge Charger convertible, with a young female driver and 3 male occupants. Two of the men have automatic pistols, the third is armed with an SMG.

[OOC] Everyone is at full END and STUN due to post 12 Recoveries. It is now Phase 3 of Turn 1. All of you have actions in 3. First to act is Blazing Knight. Next is Psiclops, and finally Ms. Liberty. All of you have initiative before your enemies.

The car is mid-turn in the middle of the intersection. Due to it's velocity (still moving pretty fast), it (and it's occupants) will have increased DCV's.

BK and Psi, remember that you are both Prone due to your Dive for Cover maneuvers, so it will take you a Half Phase action to recover your footing (or balance, in the case of fliers).
    If you hurt inside,
    Get certified,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Get MAD!'
    -Joker, The Killing Joke

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Miss Liberty will unshrink, take the gun she still has, and begin firing at the driver side of the car window.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Psiclops END: 36

Psiclops will rise up from the building, a field of blue light flickering around him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rise up to reestablish line of sight to the car below and focus his attention on one of the men with the machine guns (1/2 Phase), his force field remains active at full strength.

5d6 Ego Attack on machine gun thug.
    Ego Attack: (3d6)[15]; Stun: (5d6)[4][4][6][6][4](24)

Post Round END: 23
    Last edited by Wiz; 2008-11-26 at 10:31 PM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Knight rises, then moves himself over to the people from the car, obviously intending to engage them in hand-to-hand combat, trying to negate their guns.

18. - Top - End - #48

Zombie

The armored figure of the Blazing Knight moves forward to engage the still moving car, as Liberty opens fire at the driver and Psiclops attempts to tear at the psyche of the SMG toting thug.

Liberty's shot goes wide, missing the driver but creating a bullet hole in the windshield and spider-webbing the surrounding glass. Psiclops finds himself unable to focus on the moving mind, his mental claws slipping off of the man's will without effect.

Two of the thugs leap out of the moving car, having dropped their pistols in favor of aluminum base ball bats. The speed and power of their leaps indicates that both are under the effects of Hype. They engage the armored Knight, one swinging high while the other swings low.

The machine gunner, taking note of the strange sensation in his head and the instigator of the attack, fires another burst high into the air near where Psiclops is taking cover. The bullets find no target, but indicate the thug's intentions.

The driver steadies the vehicle through it's high speed turn, pointing the car south and hitting the gas hard. After the vehicle speeds down the road for a moment, she attempts a high speed U-turn, screeching the tires and crying out like an insane banshee.

[OOC] BK, you can choose to abort to a block, or to a dodge, or you can bear through the attacks and see how it goes. Psi, you missed. Good news is so did the thug. Liberty, you missed too. Your character isn't very good with guns.

The car is now about 10" (or 20 meters) down the street to the south, and has turned around to point back in the direction of the intersection pictured in the 'map' again. It still contains the driver and the machine-gunner. It occurs to the more heroic minded of you that it's intentions could be to target the (more or less) hapless Trickle and Pauly, who now would have no cover vs. the assault.

BK, let me know if you choose a defensive action, or to take the hits. Then we will move on to Phase 5.
    If you hurt inside,
    Get certified,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Get MAD!'
    -Joker, The Killing Joke

19. - Top - End - #49

Zombie

The Blazing Knight stands firm against the assault. One attacker glances off his armor without effect, the other strikes a solid blow to the shoulder, causing the Knight to shift his stance to keep his balance.

[OOC] Psiclops is 23 END and full STUN, Blazing Knight is at 34 END and 28 STUN, Ms. Liberty is full on both END and STUN.

It's Turn 1, Phase 5. Again, all PC's have an action this Phase. Order of action is BK, Psiclops, then Liberty.
    If you hurt inside,
    Get certified,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Get MAD!'
    -Joker, The Killing Joke

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Blazing Knight hefts his hammer, shifts his gaze, and takes a swing at the punk who hit him in the shoulder.

Spoiler
    Show

(3d6)[9]

21. - Top - End - #51

Zombie

The hammer strikes the man solidly in the chest, energy crackling around it. The force of the blow lifts the man off the ground and carries him several meters into the wall of the building behind him. He slumps to the ground unmoving, bat still in hand.

[OOC] Knight, you're now down to 32 END and have 71 END in your Reserve. One batter KO'ed, one still in the Knight's face. Psi, you're up.
    If you hurt inside,
    Get certified,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Get MAD!'
    -Joker, The Killing Joke

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Psiclops

Psiclops watches the car racing back toward the two gang members.

I was reluctant to attack the driver of a moving car, but even if I take out the gunner, Tommy might use the car as a weapon against the young men...

The flying hero focuses his mind on the driver.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ego Attack: (3d6)[12] Ego Attack Damage: (5d6)[2][1][5][5][5](18)
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

23. - Top - End - #53

Zombie

It is obvious that your mental assault hits home, as the driver winches, and the car swerves slightly. The driver maintains control of the car, sparing you only a glance as she fights with the steering wheel.

[OOC] Psiclops, with your flight and force field still up, you are down to 14 END. Liberty's up.
    If you hurt inside,
    Get certified,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Get MAD!'
    -Joker, The Killing Joke

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

Miss Liberty moves to the Knights side. As she runs, she will send a fist hurtling towards one of the bat-men in an offensive strike, solidifying just before impact.

Spoiler
    Show
    Offensive Strike +4d6 dam, +1 DCV, and -2 OCV
    Solidifying Gives an additional +8d6 HTH dam, and +18d6 End

(3d6)[11]

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Damage (12d6)[1][5][3][6][5][5][6][5][6][4][4][2](52) 14 pts. Correct?
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2008-11-30 at 07:45 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56

Zombie

The second batter is smacked aside by the stretched, densified limb of Liberty, knocking him a couple of meters to the side and obviously ringing his bell.

The driver of the convertible turns the car into a side-swiping turn, causing Trickle and Pauly to dive aside as the car screeches to a halt only inches from the rear of the van.

"You boys don't plan on heading off, do ya? Pipe wants a word."

As she finishes speaking, the headlights of another vehicle, a van, turn on to the western leg of the intersection from the same direction that the convertible came from. It pulls over before reaching the intersection, and the driver ducks down while the rear doors open, but no one exits (yet).

She glances up at the hovering Psiclops, and outstretches her hand, folding her fingers into a gun motion.

"You shouldn't try to hurt girls, Tights. They might hurt you back."

With that, a blaze of energy flashes out toward the hovering hero.

[OOC] Sorry Psi, next round up is your non-physical Phase, so you can't abort.

(3d6)[11]

No one else has actions in Phase 5, so we will move on to Phase 6, where no PC's have actions.
    Last edited by Lord Bayushi; 2008-11-30 at 08:28 PM.
    If you hurt inside,
    Get certified,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Get MAD!'
    -Joker, The Killing Joke

27. - Top - End - #57

Zombie

[OOC]Psiclops is hit by the energy attack, causing:
    (12d6)[6][6][4][5][3][5][4][4][5][3][2][4](51) and 14 BODY (ouch).

You are knocked down onto the top of the building at -9 STUN. At this point, you are taking Recoveries every Phase, so you will be conscious again after Phase 12.
    [/OOC]

The van occupants begin to file out, two men with SMG's taking cover behind the doors. A large, bald black man in a wife-beater shirt walks boldly into the center of the road, carrying a three foot length of lead pipe in his hand.

"What in the hell do you think you are doing causin' sh*t on my turf?! You wanted to die, you should have just thrown yourselves off a bridge or somethin'."

His flesh solidifies into steel, gleaming in the sparse street lights.

"You want trouble, now you can mess with the Pipe hitta!"

He motions for the two of you still up to come get some.

Also, the girl who just blasted Psiclops and the gunner from the car are putting the two punks in the car with them. They don't seem too happy about going, but they are not actively resisting, either. She starts the car back up, and backs it back into the roadway.

[OOC]
    It is now Phase 8. BK and Liberty both have actions, Psi is sawing logs. The order of action is BK, then Liberty.

Pipe is standing in the center of the road making up the western leg of the intersection, about 6" away from where BK and Liberty are standing. The van (with it's two thugs) is about 2" behind and to the left (his left) of him.

The convertible is back on the road, pointing north, about 1" behind Psi's cleaning van. The driver, the gunner, and both punks are inside. It is currently not up to speed, having just pulled back on the road.

(All distances are Game inches, 2 meters apiece.)
    Last edited by Lord Bayushi; 2008-11-30 at 08:44 PM.
    If you hurt inside,
    Get certified,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Get MAD!'
    -Joker, The Killing Joke

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

BK thinks for a moment, then says to the lady, "See if you can stop that car. I'll try to at least distract Pipe here."
    He turns his attention to Pipe. Shifting his grip on his hammer, he brings a single hand up, palm glowing.
    "Pipe, huh? Not very original, I suppose. Of course, seeing you, I don't expect much at this point."
    A large blast of energy bursts from his palm.

Spoiler
    Show

I'm going to assumed my blast is a 3d6 attack roll, then a 12d6 damage. Here we go...
    (3d6)[6]
    (12d6)[5][5][4][2][2][2][6][6][1][6][1][3](43)

29. - Top - End - #59

Zombie

Your blast hits the metallic punk solidly, causing him to dig into the pavement with his feet in order to keep his footing. Even so, he slides back a couple of feet, ripping groves in the pavement.

[OOC] Batteries down to 65 END, Blazing Knight. Liberty is up next.
    If you hurt inside,
    Get certified,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Get MAD!'
    -Joker, The Killing Joke

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

<- North
    .................................................. .........................
    .........................[.1.]...................[.2.].[.3.](TP)......
    ___________________(L)..ll.........ll...___(K)_(P) ______
    Scale [...] = approx. 1"

Liberty will run to the convertable and attempt to jump onto the hood of the car. She will increase her physical size, trying to stop the car by at the very least, blowing the tires out from under it. You can't have them. They are mine. She glowers at the two idiots in the car.

Spoiler
    Show
    (3d6)[12]