New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Re: The Champions of Miami (IC)

Dios

"I definitely cannot. I can teleport in and attempt to disable one of the attackers though."
    Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground

Liberty, after shooting the last bit of footage, will set off to find one of the rooms surrounding the main convention center floor. Hopefully one of the private display areas. But she'll settle for a women's restroom, or even a closet, if that's all she can find.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth (3d6)[10]
    Stealth (3d6)[6]
    Stealth (3d6)[8]
    (Stealth skill = 13)

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

BK assumes a thinking pose. "Well, theoretically, I could. The only problem is, unless someone else can teleport me in, I'm going to have to wait for that barrier to come down. If and when that happens, I should be able to be inside and on target within a minute. But again, that's only if someone else can't port me."
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

4. - Top - End - #214
    Orc in the Playground

Legion looks at Blazing Knight, trying to estimate his weight. "I might be able to. Although you might be to massive for me to be able to take you with me. We could try it before trying to get through the barrier."

((Legion has times two mass on his teleport, so provided Blazing Knight hasn't bought growth or density increase Legion should be able to take him in at teh same time.))

5. - Top - End - #215

Zombie

Inside the vents, Liberty makes her way to the edge of the convention center floor. On the floor below, she still hears the cries of the man being swung around by the chain.

The first room that she comes to is enclosed and dark, but further ahead she sees light. She finds that vent leads into a janitorial storage closet, crowded with items and only large enough for one person, at most, to occupy at a time.

Outside, the Blazing Knight subsides any worries he might have about being teleported for the first time, especially by a demon. Whatever fear he may have of suddenly appearing in Hell, never to be heard from again, is eventually overcome as he agrees to allow Legion to test his ability. The short and instantaneous trip leaves him with a profound feeling of nausea, but he seems to be in one piece, for now.

Legion demonstrates that he can transport the armored man, despite his bulk.

[OOC] Liberty, assuming you transmit the locations you come across, you give Dios two potential options. He can attempt to teleport into the close quarters of the closet, or into the darkness of the other room, which may or may not be safer. If you wanted to help him, you could explore the darkened room in a hope to find a safer place for him to attempt to teleport into.

Dios, the closet could be a risk. If you choose to teleport into it's cramped quarters, you will have to give me a Teleport Skill check, (3d6, you want LOW). If you fail it, you will take some degree of damage from the appearing partially within an object (like a mop bucket), and cause quite a racket. You could also just attempt to teleport into the darkened room and hope there is room to do so safely, but you could also wind up waist deep in a computer monitor, so it's up to you.

BK, I am not really sure that your character would be okay with the idea of being teleported about by Legion, but once you allow him to try, he successfully does so.

The hostage at the mercy of the huge figure inside is still being twirled about like a flail. At what point he gets bored with his toy and tries something more violent is a question that weighs heavily on each of your brows.

Let me know what you are up to, folks.
    'When you're lo-oo-ony, then you just don't give a fig.
    Man's so pu-oo-oony, and the universe so big.
    If you hurt inside,
    Get certified,
    And if life should treat you bad...
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Get MAD!'
    -Joker, The Killing Joke

6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground

Liberty will check the camera to see if it has infrared or night options.

If not, she will climb down, carefully, and check out the room.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth 1 (3d6)[12]
    Stealth 2 (3d6)[9]
    Stealth 3 (3d6)[13]

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

OOC: Sorry for reply delay. The forums being ornery and me following other boards adds up.

Blazing Knight is tense as Legion teleports them, but his major fears are calmed. Unnerving as the...man...may be, Knight is willing to give him a chance.
    "Well, other than feeling sick, that worked fine. So long as you don't do a whole bunch of those in a row, I should be fine; I bounce back quick, generally speaking. When we're ready, I'll be riding with Legion. We can split up as necessary inside."
    Knight stops for a moment and thinks things over.
    "Ok. Who's going after the weird twins, who's going after Meltdown, and who's going after the big dude with a single hostage? Looking at our combat abilities, I'd say offhand I should likely go after one of the big guys. Any thoughts?"

8. - Top - End - #218
    Orc in the Playground

"After we make sure that the man on the chain, and the hostages are safe, I can try and deal with Meltdown, or at least hold him off until you guys can subdue the others and make sure the hostages are safe."

"Speaking of which, Blazing Knight, we should probably get into a closer position. The range on my teleport is limited, and I'd like to get as close to the center as possible with a single shot."

9. - Top - End - #219

Zombie

Liberty finds that the darkened area is an office, with several desks and computers set up for regular operation. It takes some time for her to locate a light switch, after which point it becomes apparent that this area has a door leading into the man center floor. That door is locked, however.

[OOC] Dios, Psiclops, and (perhaps) Voice, let me know what your set up actions are. We are about to move into a combat situation, so any last minute setup should be mentioned now.
    If you hurt inside,
    Get certified,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Get MAD!'
    -Joker, The Killing Joke

10. - Top - End - #220

RogueGuy

Dios

Dios will try teleporting into the empty office room.

If combat erupts Dios will draw his gun and teleport to the target and try to get the person to surrender. If necessary he will shoot the person in as non-lethal a way as possible such as in the arm or leg.
    Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

11. - Top - End - #221

Zombie

Dios makes it into the office room, but there is still the matter of the locked door.

Any other actions or preparation from anyone?
    If you hurt inside,
    Get certified,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Get MAD!'
    -Joker, The Killing Joke

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

Psiclops

Psiclops rides the tenuous connection of thought with Dios, relaxing and preparing to act where the other hero might need help.
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Blazing Knight moves with Legion to his desired distance and location.
    "Well, to secure the hostages, we'll likely have to engage all of the hostiles simultaneously. I think Liberty and Dios can take on the duo. I'll go after the helmet guy with the chained hostage, if you can try to at least stall and distract Meltdown. As I recall, he deals with energy fields, and my weapons are all energy based. As each of us downs a target, we help whoever needs it. Psiclops will, I presume, be supporting with mental efforts through this."

14. - Top - End - #224

RogueGuy

Dios

"I would prefer to take on the armored figure with the chains, my attacks can be . . . quite lethal and I might be able to disable him instead of kill him."

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Blazing Knight pauses to think.
    "Right then. Liberty and I hit the evil twins, Legion hits Meltdown, you take on Helmet Boy. Liberty and I should wrap up quick; she can go help you if necessary, and I'll back up Legion. Likely we'll all end up ganging up on Meltdown; I have a feeling he'll be a tough one. Any alternate ideas for who goes after whom?"

16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground

Psiclops

Dios, I'd like you to point out that we need to be careful of whomever or whatever is generating those fields... if they go down the hostages will be crushed.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground

Liberty will check the door to see if it can be unlocked form the inside or if she needs to pick the lock.

If she needs to pick the lock, she will attempt to do so now.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lockpicking (3d6)[12] Needs under 13 or under.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Orc in the Playground

Legion

"I think I can take care of the wreckage, I want to get it out of the way before anyone gets hurt. Psiclops? Could give us all a count down so we can all move simultaneously? If we move fat enough we might be able to hit them before they can react in a consolidated manner."

19. - Top - End - #229

Zombie

Inside the building, the cries of the chained man become more pronounced, as does the sound of crashing and impact. The large man seems to be testing his hostage's capacity as a wrecking ball on nearby stalls and displays.

Deeper inside, one of the hostages near Meltdown becomes unnerved at the sight.

"No, not me. They are going to kill us all. No one's coming. We have to get out of here!"

Several of his compatriots try to silence the panicked man, but to no avail. The cybernetic villain raises his voice in snarling anger.

"I warned you pathetic creatures to sit still and quietly. Obviously, I have been too merciful. Another example needs to be made."

The entire group of hostages raises their voices in terror, as the villain prepares to carry out his threat.

[OOC] Liberty, with her ear near the door as she picks the lock (successfully), hears what is going on clearly. Dios, having just arrived within, hears the crashes, then the disturbance deeper in, followed by Meltdown's threat and the screams. Through the continued telepathy with Dios, Psiclops is aware of the events, as is anyone listening in directly to the inside of the building. Outside, Legion, the Blazing Knight, and the police are unaware of what is happening inside.

Liberty, Dios, and Psiclops, all of you can take action to interrupt what ever the villain has in mind, if you move NOW. From there, things will move into a normal combat mode, like happened in the battle at Liberty City.

Tactically (based on the map shown at http://www.miamibeachconvention.com/100/FloorPlans.asp), Liberty and Dios are in the offices on the ground floor, to the left side of Hall A, below where it shows a square area marked Exit.

The twins, and their group of hostages, are near the main lobby area, in the front of the building where the Hall B Lobby and Hall B meet. The big man with the chained hostage is among the displays (many of which are rubble, between his own outbursts and now, his 'wrecking ball' game), about where Hall A and Hall D meet, nearer the center of the building. Meltdown, and his group of hostages, are near the middle of Hall C. That area held many of the larger displays (like the car), and has been mainly cleared of intervening structures (probably by the large man, earlier).

For scale, the large convention center floor (the area marked Halls A-D) is about 260 yards long by 210 yards wide (based on stats from the website), which translates into 130 game inches by 105 game inches. That means that this area is VERY large, with lots of distances to cover and long shots that can be taken. Most of you have powers that can move you about 20 game inches in a full Phase, so that should help to put things in perspective.

Best guess, Liberty and Dios, is that the nearest bad-guy, with the chain, is about 35 game inches from the room you are in.

Non-Combat teleporting, an option for Dios and Legion, can put you anywhere you can perceive in the area, but will take a full Phase, and will leave you (and anyone you take with you) at 1/2 DCV when you arrive. Blind Non-Combat teleporting is NOT recommended. It could easily leave you, and anyone with you, as a permanent part of the walls.

Rolls and END costs start now. Psiclops, Liberty, and Dios, you're up.
    If you hurt inside,
    Get certified,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Get MAD!'
    -Joker, The Killing Joke

20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground

Psiclops

Dios, I'm breaking contact to focus on Mr. Wrecking Ball, if he stops harming hostages, leave him alone for the moment.

Spoiler
    Show
    Full out mind attack w/ Mind Control to litterally take control of "wrecking ball's" actions, wear him like a suit (if I can do that) or command him to attack Meltdown if I can't, and forget about being quiet or any such thing... Ego Attack: (3d6)[11]; Mind Control (8d6 w/ telepathic control advantage) 5 END +2d6 from burning 10 END): [rollv]10d6[/rolvl] Messed that roll up, check here.
    Last edited by Wiz; 2009-02-26 at 01:40 PM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

Liberty will open the door so that Dios can see where he is going. I think we need to go, NOW! She says into the camera, then drops it, as gently as she can.

She then runs out into the center, and heads for the twins, as instructed.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Orc in the Playground

Legion waits impatiently outside. He stands ready to teleport Bright Knight and himself into the convention center as soon as he receives the signal.

((Is Legion close enough to the camera feed to hear Liberties demand that they act? Either Legion has a perception roll of 13-, could he hear the commotion inside the building be any chance?

PER ROLL (3d6)[11]))

23. - Top - End - #233

RogueGuy

Dios will teleport up to mr. chainy

24. - Top - End - #234

Zombie

Liberty slips into the main convention center floor, hidden from clear view by displays. Her approach toward the front lobby area, though not stealthy, seems widely unnoticed.

Dios concentrates for a moment, crossing the distance across the floor to the large armored figure in the blink of an eye. His sudden appearance draws notice from both the chain wielder, and Meltdown.

At such a close distance, the figure before him is obviously clad in a dark green, heavy, sloped armor, much more akin to something from mid-evil times reinforced with tank armor than anything that would resemble modern body armor. Any normal man would be crushed under the weight, but this figure bears it without notice.

The domed-helmet (much resembling a certain famous Marvel 'unstoppable force' that shall remain trademarked) shows only his eyes and mouth, while parts of his arms are visible under plated bands and gauntlets. Those arms are interlaced with small devices, more subtle than those covering much of Meltdown, but certainly of similar design. It would seem this man has been 'empowered' by the villain, as many of his former associates have.

The hulking man shows shock at Dios' sudden arrival for only a split second, then his eyes blank and his expression becomes devoid of expression. Wordlessly, he releases the chain mid-swing, causing the victim to become airborne for several yards before angling toward the ground. The armored man turns to face the lobby area, and takes off at a full sprint, plowing through displays and debris alike without care or impediment.

Meltdown, having turned to face Dios' in mid-air, barks at his mesmerized minion.

"Powerhouse, what the hell are you doing?! And you, ski mask boy, did you come here to die? You won't go alone! Barrage, Barricade, those fools are trying something. Show them how we punish interlopers!"

He raises his arm, circuitry along the forearm and palm glowing and mechanical pieces reconfiguring to resemble a barrel of a gun. He takes aim at the chained hostage, helplessly falling through the air. A beam of concentrated energy is released, intended to burn through the man before he reaches the floor.

[OOC] Well, here's what's happening. Liberty has remained unnoticed at the moment, and Dios made quite the entrance. Psiclops has seized the weak mind of Powerhouse, and sent him charging at the twins, Barrage and Barricade. Outside, Legion and the Blazing Knight are still waiting.

There is no video feed, as the only device with a feed that Liberty had was the bug given to her by Dios, who is now in the building as well. Taxed with controlling the villain inside, Psiclops was not able to communicate with the two outside the building. Blazing Knight's armor has advanced hearing sensors, so, now that there is a great deal of noise inside from commotion, he could hear something (give me a roll with your next post).

The only villain able to react at the moment is Meltdown himself, who has barked orders and taken aim at a hostage. Dios, you could attempt to abort to tackle the hostage (not technically in the rules, but heroic enough that I would allow it), potentially taking the shot yourself rather than allowing him to be struck. If you wish to do so, give me two rolls, one for your Teleport Powers skill, and another for a DEX check. If you succeed at both, Meltdown will be against your DCV instead of the hostage's, which will still be halved. At this range, he could miss, or you could find yourself blasted. Either way, if you make the checks, you will have taken the hostage out of harm's way.

BK, give me your hearing check. Dios, tell me what you want to do (you don't have to abort, you could just let him get fried...) Then, we will move forward.
    Last edited by Lord Bayushi; 2009-02-28 at 02:38 PM.
    If you hurt inside,
    Get certified,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Get MAD!'
    -Joker, The Killing Joke

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

( I'm rusty at this after our long break from action , and need to refresh myself on using the board roller. I'm also going to assume a standard 3d6 roll.)

Blazing Knight's sensors suddenly strain, trying to see if the game has gone afoot.

"Just a sec, I think the party's starting..."
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2009-02-28 at 02:48 PM.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

(Ok, for reals now)
    (3d6)[10]

27. - Top - End - #237

RogueGuy

Without a question dios will try to move in front of the blast.

I am at my fiance's grandmothers place using her mac and dont have access to my character, or really know exactly what to roll. I will do it when I get home sunday night

28. - Top - End - #238

Zombie

Using his sensors to enhance his hearing, Blazing Knight hears the frenzy of activity within the building. Something was happening. Adjusting pitch and frequency, he tunes his hearing just in time to hear Meltdown's last sentence. Someone had made a move.

Within, Dios quickly judged the distance between himself and the helpless hostage, blinking in mid-air and putting his own body in between the man and the harm of the energy beam.

The long shot goes wide, the beam travels past both hero and hostage, to impact the front wall of the building with impressive force. Outside, a hole a foot wide is blown through the building clear to the street, and for a moment everyone fears the worst.

Legion hears the explosion just as the Blazing Knight turns to tell him what is happening within.

[OOC]
    Meltdown's attack roll: (3d6)[15]

Okay folks, it's now Turn 0, Phase 12. Everyone is aware, everyone can act. Order of action is Legion, BK, Liberty, Villain, Dios, Villain, Psiclops, Villain, Villain. Please post in order, as it may matter to a person that is acting after you. If you want to hold your action until someone else has gone, please post that intention when you are supposed to post an action.

Legion and BK are outside the front of the building. With a half-Move teleport, you could make it to the lobby area (marked Lobby B on the map), but would still be short of the hostages in that area. A full-Move would allow you to cover the distance. You are still teleporting blind, even though you have an idea of where you want to be from previous data. You will need to give me a standard 3d6 roll when you are teleporting, either way. Pray to the dice gods that a really high number doesn't come up. BK, you should pray to them too, as you will share whatever bad stuff happens should said roll go poorly.

Liberty, you are now about 35 game inches from the area with the twins and hostages, and can neither see clearly nor be seen clearly due to displays in the way. You do know that you are heading the right direction. On foot, you can only move about 16 inches per phase, even at Non-combat speed. If you used your Personal Brachiation ability (which means lengthening your arms and swinging from the ceiling by them, as if they were cables), you can cover 20 inches and keep your full DCV (or even 40 inches, if you don't care about how hard you are to hit), as well as lift yourself above the displays so you can have a clear view. The downside is you will probably be noticed and become a clear target (no cover).

Dios, you aborted your action this Phase in order to catch the hostage. Your turn will only consist of falling the short distance to the ground and hoping he doesn't pee on you.

Psiclops, your current target is slower than you, so, if you want to wait and see if he breaks your control before you act, you will have to delay until after his action.

Voice, if you have anything to add, hit me with a PM, and we will determine how to filter it in.

Combat has started, folks. Legion, you are up.
    Last edited by Lord Bayushi; 2009-03-03 at 09:26 AM.
    If you hurt inside,
    Get certified,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Don't get e-e-even,
    Get MAD!'
    -Joker, The Killing Joke

29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground

Psiclops

Psiclops rides along with his target, keeping a mental eye on the events/surroundings.

Spoiler
    Show
    I will hold action against the possibility of the big guy breaking free. If it ever comes up against another mental action, and I'm about to lose it, let it go. If it comes up against a physical action and I'm about to lose it... do a recovery, but always the priority is to keep an action in hand to recontrol Juggernaut (Edited by the MARVELous crew).
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

30. - Top - End - #240
    Orc in the Playground

"Time to go." Legion does a half-move teleport with Blazing Knight, hopefully into he lobby.

(3d6)[9]

Assuming he hasn't embedded himself and Blazing Knight into a solid object, he'll make another half move with Blazing Knight towards the nearest group of hostages.
    Last edited by Odin the Ignoble; 2009-03-03 at 11:06 PM.