New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Europe IC

Janos and the HRE

Unai nods as he hears Janos's plans.

Sowing some rebellion in the Empire would ameliorate our troubles significantly. I will send out men to try to stir up trouble amongst the outlying states of the Empire. I would gladly march beside you and your men deep into the Empire. If we kept our armies together, I do not believe any force would be able to stop us. The Poles can take Bohemia if they wish. Attacking multiple places at once will confuse and disorganize the Germans. We will crush the Holy Roman Empire from two sides.

Unai then orders two of his human lieutenants to travel to Bavaria and Saxony as diplomatic envoys. They are to offer the two states an alliance with Niurus and the Kingdom of Prussia against their hated and corrupt adversaries. They are assured of a reward should they choose to help Unai and Janos in their war against the Holy Roman Empire. Unai sends one last messenger back to Karkanov, asking for an additional 750 Orcs, 800 Human men-at-arms, and 250 Human Heavy calvary to be sent as reinforcements.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Barbarian in the Playground

The dark troops of Janos cry out in an orgy of bloody and evil power, his men join in the brutality against captured enemies. They perform heinous acts of torture and cruelty, burning out their enemies eyes and filleting them alive before cooking and eating them. A black cloud moves over the camp, and from this cloud the Knight Daemos comes, riding on his drake. His voice is filled with rage as he chastises Janos.

"You Fool" Bellowed Daemos "You have tried to tip the scale of the almighty. In either direction, this is foolish proposition. If there is anything I have learned in my long lifetime it is that good will always be corrupted and evil will always be sanctified. It is an endless cycle that the only result of which is the loss of lives. You have continued this cycle and You have failed to break the chain, Janos. I thought better of you. I even hoped that you shared my goal of the one true peace: Neutrality. But you have dashed my hopes as you have dashed these men against the sea. I now give you one promise, I will do all in my power to make sure that your selfish crusade is brought to its knees. I will bring the full might of the Papacy, England, the Holy Roman Empire and even those of the Teutonic Order I have smuggled from your lands down upon your head. You shall not hold this land for a full year before I burn, starve and pillage your people to the point of annihilation. And when the day comes that I can finally smell your blood upon my blade, I shall have finally tipped the scale back to it's center. Unai, if you are still fool enough to side with this monster, I will not oppose your will. But side with me and you may still win this battle.

Daemos spurred his Drake ________ on above the clouds and the clouds shattered into two thousand shrieks, Daemos mounted Gryphons hurled thousands of fist sized stones upon Janos's troops before flying out to sea.
    I make avatars if you ask nicely.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Bugbear in the Playground

Janos

Janos clenches his new claws in anger at Daemos's first words, but they unclench as he glances at his soldier's brutality. By the end of the speech, the hundred eyes of Janos are wipe open in shock and surprise. The once proud lord falls to the unnatural equivalent of his knees. The hundred eyes of Janos blink and sway. The once Hungarian/German starts mumbling, his voice heard only by Unai.

"Mein Gott, what have I done? I'm no better then the Teutons. Trading my soul, my men, my humanity for sheer unholy power, no. I am no better then those who I hate.

In a daze, Janos's shock is only broken by the hurling of stones upon his troops. His hundred eyes narrow in new-found anger.

"Daemos, that WORM! What right does he have to judge me? Even if he does have a point, what man is he that can judge me?"

In his rage, Janos turns to Unai.

"Unai, we must do something about Daemos. But, I'm most likely right in assuming that we're no match for the forces he claims to be able to bring against us. Hmmm.. Hold a moment, Unai. I'll speak with Daemos, and see if I can bring any sense back into that magic-addled skull of his."

Unfurling the batwings he acquired in his transformation, Janos's takes off at a surprising speed after Daemos.

Once getting into speaking range, Janos slows down slightly.

I would speak to Daemos! I have words for him, words that will sway his thoughts on my crusade! What say you, Daemos?"
    Rational Goblin Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

Ixtlan, World of Exploration, my campaign setting. Currently on hiatus.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

Granada, Spain

The first to die were the small villages. Entire groups slaughtered, not a survivor. Next larger towns were attacked in the night, raids of mass death, but not one person manged to comment on the committers of the crimes.

It wasn't until the day, when all of the good muslims were praying in the Mosque in San Alijim, that the attackers were revealed.

The attack began just as services began, and the town quickly ran red with blood. The attackers, Tall, Blue Lizardmen, taller than a human male cut through the town.

Garrisons were targeted first by little skinks, that snuck and overpowered the unwary guards.

High Mistress Lestranna Bulvardi Circled the town and landed on her black Dragon in the middle of town, where the survivors were huddled "People of Alijim, you have been wronged and misled. Choose to serve me, and you shall live. Fight and your blood will paint the land. Begone and tell others of my message"
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

BUMP!!

also, Russia winter is over, Janos feel free to start some major action their

Golden Horde collapses!

the golden horde has collapsed in several smaller kingdoms, the main ones being those still loyal to the Khan (centered around the Capital) The large eastern area's ruled by local lords who bowed to the centaurs, three or four large groups of raiders, and a border kingdom modeled after Western governments.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

The High Mistresses army assaults Granada's army centers, in the dead of the night, with most of the army. She uses surprise and terrain to keep fights at her advantage.

She is looking to massacre and push the Muslim armies straight into their castles.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

7. - Top - End - #307

Janos

Currently flying towards Daemos's current position to explain himself, Janos does not hear or care of the end of the Russian Winter.

After all, what were the feuding Principalities going to do? He had devoured the land of one of their oldest enemies, and had not made any hostile actions towards them.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RationalGoblin View Post
    Janos

Currently flying towards Daemos's current position to explain himself, Janos does not hear or care of the end of the Russian Winter.

After all, what were the feuding Principalities going to do? He had devoured the land of one of their oldest enemies, and had not made any hostile actions towards them.
    you miss the bit about hordes of giant wolves?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

9. - Top - End - #309

Quote Originally Posted by puppyavenger View Post
    you miss the bit about hordes of giant wolves?
    Hmm.. True. How about this?

After all, that's what his servants were for.

A greedy and power-hungry Prussian Shaman, the acting head of an north portion of the Kingdom of Prussia, asks the Prussians to rise up and take a chunk of land from the nearest Principality, as well as to kill any giant wolves that cross their path.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Orc in the Playground

Sir Jarme

[[OOC: Im gonna assume im in, and start my conquest Muahahahaha]]

Sir Jarme stood before Lisbon, the Portugese capitol, and roared. The horde of orcs behind him roared too, showing their especially sharpened teeth. Sir Jarme shouted at the city, as if it were an entity.

"I have come to take this city in the name of the True Orc! You shall surrender or feel the wrath of my sword!" he roars. The Kerebros are going wild, as are their handlers.

Jarme waits for a reply from the inhabitants.

[[OOC: My Army present at Lisbon is this
    Spoiler
    Show
    30, 000 Orcs,
    . . Hope to hear soon puppy]]
    Last edited by Connor Darkdart; 2009-01-23 at 04:18 AM.
    Nervous Worm by ME!
    Spoiler
    Show

The Con Bar by Dorion Soth

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

Conbar
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Portuguese respond by tossing a explosive from the walls. Assuming you assault, you take the city quite quickly but street to street fighting costs you 4,000 orcs. The Navy gets away before your forces can get to the harbor

Drakeblood
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Portuguese navy arrives in England, carrying the royal family and several high-ranking nobles, They invoke their long-standing alliance with England and ask or help with destroying the invaders.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

12. - Top - End - #312

Janos

Mid-flight, Janos narrows his eyes. Daemos most likely wouldn't listen. Very well then. They would simply meet on the battlefield, then.

He flexes his decaying wings, and turns away from his path, flying back to his current position at or near Danzig, where he routed the Germans.

He lands near Unai.

"Our plans have changed, Unai. We fight, fight until the Germans seek peace, in exchange for the freedom of Prussia. If we meet Daemos on the battle, so be it. I will still try to convince him to stay neutral, but if he does not, it cannot be helped."

Janos turns to the assembled troops and undead.

"We march, march and fight until we step foot in the German's capital! We shall not be stopped, for our cause is righteous and full of glory. It is also full of money. Men, for each German or Teutonic head you take, I will award you one gold coin. If you do as I command, and slay the Germans with the fury of a thousand storms, you will be swimming in gold by the end of this war, I promise you! Now, let us march!"

Janos moves the forces directly under his command (and Unai's) through the northern portion of the Holy Roman Empire, while directing the Poles split from the main forces to swarm through Bohemia, intending to slash the HRE in two, in a pincer movement.

As there are more towns, and thus more fortifications in his way, Janos commands the Trolls to cut down trees and turn them into makeshift battering rams. He also commands the centaurs to equip themselves with bow and arrow, intending for them to use fire-and-run tactics.

Janos leads at the front, taking any foes head on, with his shambling horde of undead following, and the living troops behind them. The dark prince will not be denied!
    Last edited by RationalGoblin; 2009-01-24 at 12:11 AM.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Orc in the Playground

[[OOC: I'll assume I did not get any human soldiers to surrender to me? so that leaves me at 26,000 Orcs. A worthy force.]]

Sir Jarme

He sits in his throne in the tallest palace in Lisbon. His orcs had gained power quickly, although the loss of 4,000 of his men was sad. They had been buried in the normal orc way.

"Krai! Come here!" he shouted at his right hand man.

Krai scurries to him and bows. "Yes your Majesty?"

Jarme looks at the man, he had hated people calling him that. Sir Jarme was just fine. "Krai, you will take 6 thousand of the men and gather humans to serve as cannon fodder. If some of them resist, then spread rumours about them. DO NOT kill anyone unless they openly attack you. I do not want a rebellion on my hand."

Krai nods and heads down to the barracks to take the men on the recruitment mission. Jarme stands up and heads to the Balcony.

"Humans of Lisbon!" he shouts. Not roaring like he did at the gates, but loud enough that some of the people quaver in fear.
    "I do not seek to harm you. We will feed you and protect you. But I must ask that you do not attack my men. I restrain them from attacking you, so please do not give them incentive. I ask only one thing from you the people, I ask that you uphold me as your monarch. I understand the rules of the street. And rumours can be as harmful as a sword to the head. I ask that you do not see me as some monster, but as a friend. I will not mistreat you or make you slaves, I will not treat orcs preferentially to humans. You shall be equal here. If you see an orc on the street, as they will soon be disarmed to live a normal life. Do not think of everything that is wrong about them, think of them as Kinsmen! THINK OF THEM AS FRIENDS! I have a dream! I have a dream that one day all orcs and humans shall live prosperously together! We are a skilled people, we are good farmers and good craftsmen! I am sure that together our two races can achieve that which no single race can achieve alone! I have a dream that all Portugal shall be treated well! That none shall live in squalor! All I ask is that you help me help you!".

Jarme gasps, he had become excited during the speech, and had spent long periods simply speaking not breathing. With that said he retired.

[[OOC: Basically I now need to know what the town of Lisbon thinks of me, do they agree with what I say and go about their business or do they believe I am speaking trash and the results of the recruiting.]]
    Last edited by Connor Darkdart; 2009-01-24 at 05:02 AM.
    Nervous Worm by ME!
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #314

Teutonic War

Unai nods, "As you say, Janos. I only wish that they will have the fortitude the fortitude to meet us in battle, rather than running and hiding like they have been doing for this entire war. I would savor a chance to lead Dmitar into battle."

Once his reinforcements arrive, Unai's men march alongside those under Janos, with Unai and Janos at their head. Unai sends some of his Gryffons ahead to scout for enemy forces or movement.

15. - Top - End - #315

Janos

Janos nods to Unai. "Agreed. For, I knew my soul would be as dirt if I assumed this form. I knew that the dark ritual I had the Prussian shamans perform would leave me with no peaceful afterlife. The only reason I undertook this transformation and called forth the dead was to fight the Germans and Teutons on my own terms, rather then being forced to retreat further into my own lands.

Truth be told, I rather enjoyed personally fighting the Germans. If had not the Poles been cursed by fate and their own insolence, then I would not have had to be forced to tip my hand. It would have been the battle of the ages."

As the two lords march, Janos's hundred eyes blink and watch, searching for any possible ambush.

"What I do not understand is why the Germans and the Teutons, during this entire war, have run and fled, rather then stand and fight, as befits their fearsome reputation. Could there be contention in the ranks? Perhaps, beyond your urging of rebellion, Unai, we could exploit this. Hrm."

A message is sent once again to Hungary

To the King of Hungary:
    "My lord, I am King Janos of Prussia, once a true son of Hungary, and it pains me to my homeland standing idlely by when I am faced with the fury of the Holy Roman Empire. Where is the passion and rage of Hungary when watching a child of theirs attacked? Where is the hotbloodedness I know and love of Hungary? My lord, all I ask of you, is to contribute a token force to aid me in the fight against the Imperials. You do not even have to declare war on the Germans. I would simply be in your debt if you could manage to provide me loyal sons of Hungary to aid me in my fight."

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

Giedrius Laima

Giedrius continues to sit in his soon-to-be father-in-law's castle, awaiting the marriage...
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ogre in the Playground

IT LIVES!

sorry ,for the delay, exams.

Goblin
    Spoiler
    Show

several hundred Prussians rise up, seizing large tracks of the collapsing territory ruled by the Prince of Poltosk. Most of the wolves seem to have moved on, but animal life in the area is minimal, leaving vast plant growths with nothing eating them.

Your shaman takes the largest of the few wolves you killed and is using it's pelt as a cloak.

Your forces slash into Brandenburg, capturing huge tracks of land and cutting off the coastal cities. Your nearing the rich middle German trading cities.

however, your causalities are disastrous, losing a full 2,000 orcs, 500 hundred centaurs, and 10 trolls. as well as an indeterminately large number of zombies.

however Resistance seems to be stiffening, Italian Fey mercenaries are beginning to appear in the ranks.

The Poles likewise are advancing steadily into Bohemia, nearing Austria at some places.

also, depending on a conversation being had with Ipphli, you may get some Hungarians.

JaviSua
    Spoiler
    Show
    see goblin, you've lost 500 orcs and 50 centaurs.

Conbar
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lisbon is apathetic, you've made no changes and they had a rather inept king just then.

500 volunteers join up

Ipphli
    Spoiler
    Show
    King Louis asks to met with you about some messages he's received from the the King of Prussia
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

Giedrius Laima

Giedrius walks confidently down the hall, his 10 troll bodyguards following in his wake. He waits for the servant to announce him and to bid him enter. He walks forward and gives a small bow to the king. "My lord. You requested to speak with me about news from Prussia? Although you must forgive me, I fear I've not heard the latest rumors."

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

Ipphli
    Spoiler
    Show

Lois replies Well, since you're allied with one of the commanders, I thought you might have some knowledge of the situation. he hands you Janos' letter What would you reply?

Anyway, the wedding is next week
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

Giedrius

Giedrius scans the letter quickly. When he's finished he hands the letter back and sits down across from the king. After taking time to consider, he speaks. "I had heard about the war, but did not know the details. The Holy Roman Empire is one of the largest kingdoms in Europe, and has the backing of Rome herself. To get involved would risk bringing the wrath of the Empire and the Papacy upon us. However, if this Janos manages to win, he may turn his eyes on us next if we do not send him the aid he requests. Might I suggest we send a small force of my own troops? They will not wear uniforms of any kind, and thus will not be traced back to us. This way we keep both sides happy with us. And might I also suggest we strengthen our borders with the Empire and Prussia? Just to be safe."

21. - Top - End - #321

Janos

Janos sends a declaration to the trading cities of Germany:

Declaration to Trading Cities:

"Merchants of the trading cities; by now you must already know that I am Janos, King of Prussia, and Slayer of the Teutonic Order. I am not without mercy, if any of you have heard from the villages in my domain. I offer you the chance to lay down your arms, and simply not fight me. You are trading cities, so what need have you of defeating me in battle? And what risk are you putting your wares and houses of gold and products at?

If you refuse to fight me, I promise you, I will pay you with gold from the Teutonic coffers, and I will not harm you. If you continue to fight, then all your trading, all your acquiring of goods, all your sales will be for naught. I will be in command of it. But I have no desire for your goods and gold. Prussia is all I need. So, what are your decisions, merchants of the trading cities?"

Janos refuses to advance further until his declaration is answered. Shrewdly, however, he allows the Poles to fight through Bohemia and Austria. They would waste themselves, take land, and if he needed to fight them, they would be in no shape to match his might.

Learning of the Prussian Shaman that invaded Poltosk, Janos sends a message to the man.

Message to Prussian Shaman in head of the Poltosk invasion

"What cheek you have, my shaman! Invading a former Russian Prince's land! What cheek indeed. And ferocity as well. Like a wolf's ferocity. So it pleases me to know that you have taken to wearing a mighty wolve's pelt. You are like a hound, using sheer ferocity and will to defeat a foe that, by all rights, should crush you. No, wait, you ARE a hound. I hereby declare you the Hound of Prussia, Prophet of Janos, and Prussian General. May your glory, luck, and victories be many and prestigious! I hail you, Hound, in your new title."

Spoiler
    Show
    Trade a lieutenant point used on Janos to make the Hound of Prussia a general that can survive decently.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin
    Spoiler
    Show

A few of the city-states bordering you send letter of acceptance, but quickly following them is a host of 10,000 from the new Burgundian Emperor.

The Shaman, sending thanks, has begun establishing his rule over the rapidly collapsing Principality of Poltosk With Nogrondian and Kievian troops claiming border territories. He's also begun raising a litter of wolf pups his troops killed the mother of.

Ipphli
    Spoiler
    Show
    That seems reasonable, I'll contribute a few dozen pike-men from my guard. shall we reply to the Prussian?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

23. - Top - End - #323

Janos

Janos laughs wholeheartedly at the news of the election of the Burgundian Emperor. This could change his fortunes!

Message to the Burgundian Emperor
    "Good Emperor, I congratulate you on your election to being master of the Holy Roman Empire, and I come to you with an offer that your predecessor refused. I hope you will not. I have knowledge, precious knowledge. I know that the French are hungrily staring at the Empire's borders. I also know that there is one man that is extremely powerful, and that can aid you against the French when they attack. Daemos the sorcerer.

He is currently busy with the fight against me. If he fights against me, then he will not be able to help you with the French. And, as a Burgundian, you surely know how vicious and powerful the French are... If the French attack, you will not be able to afford to fight me. And if you offer me peace, and recognize my kingdom, I either take very little land, or none at all. In fact, if the French attack, I will offer up my own soldiers to aid the Empire.

I understand that, having conquered my way through Prussia and now the majority of Bradenburg, you may not trust me. I accept this, though I hope you will see the folly of continued warfare against me, and give me peace."

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin
    Spoiler
    Show
    You receive a peace proposal,

You will gain several hundred km of land on the Brandenburger border, including several town.

The Holy Roman emperor and as such all his servants and vassals will recognize you as the Rightful ruler of Prussia

The King of Poland shall gain control of all the towns of the Bohemian frontier

The Kings of Prussia and Poland will renounce any ambitions on the sovereign land of the Holy Roman Empire

The King of Prussia will allow Missionaries of the Holy church free access to his lands and give them welcome
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

25. - Top - End - #325

To Janos

My friend, Janos, I urge you to accept these terms. Too much blood has been shed already, and you and I have already been able to see the culmination of our deepest dreams: the collapse of the Teutons. Our combined power is now nearly unmatched in Europe. I believe we can confidently call this crusade a great success. My men miss their homes, and Niurus misses its Lord. Rumors of turmoil on my eastern borders draw my mind from this place. If you do choose to fight on, however, I will be by your side, but you now know my views on the matter.

Unai stands back to listen to Janos' response.

26. - Top - End - #326

Janos, King of Prussia, Slayer of Teutons, Prince of Death, and now, the Peacemaker.

"Of course, my friend. All you say is true. I have done what I have set out to do and more. The Teutonic Order is shattered, its lands now belong to a people under my command. I march at the head of an army nearly unmatched by any in Europe. And I have a loyal ally, who has aided me through this entire war. I thank you for this Unai, and I promise any aid or prize to you that you desire. I do not want any more blood to be shed. I have proved my superiority over the Teutons."

Janos thinks a little. "Perhaps, as I said before, Daemos was right. I may have been corrupted by my ascension into this form, and my hatred of the Teutons. I must take a path of neutrality to cleanse that corruption. Still, if you require aid in matters of war, I will be glad to help you."

Janos rubs his chin with his dark claw.

"Remind me to not call upon the Poles for aid again. They both were pathetic in one of the most important battles, and they are growing more power, which is something neither of us needs."

Janos immediately accepts the peace offer, and all it's conditions, sending his troops back to Prussia, allowing Unai to send his troops back to Nirus.

To patch up relations further, a large portion of the former Teutonic gold is sent to the Holy Roman Empire.

The Poles are congratulated on their assistance, and are sent back to Poland.

Janos renounces his claims (not that he had much) on all sovereign land of the Holy Roman Empire.

The missionaries are welcomed and allowed access to Janos's land, but are informed that they probably wouldn't have much success. After all, the native Prussian people are the ones there are trying to convert, and unlike the Teutons, the missionaries do not have swords.

Half of the remaining troops (not Unai's or the Poles, they were given back), are to help the Hound of Prussia in the shaman's conquest.

The other half are to stay in Prussia, and rebuild the country from the ravages of war, as well as build up farms, armories, towns, and etc, including the old, half-finished buildings that Janos was constructing before his war with the Teutons.

As for the peasants, grand celebrations are held by them, honoring Janos and the liberation of Prussia from the hated Teutonic Order.

In the diplomatic arena, Janos is no slouch even with the celebrations occupying his attention.

Message to the King of Hungary
    "Joyous news, my lord. Hungary does not have to waste her men. I have managed a peace with the Holy Roman Empire, and secured the sovereignty of my kingdom. I do not require your aid anymore. Instead, I invite you to come to my kingdom and join in the festivities. If you have any favored servants of Hungary you want to bring, so much the better. Or, you could send the favored servant in your stead.

Message to the Duke of Poland-Lithuania
    "So, you managed to acquire a portion of Bohemia. I trust you are satisfied. It was good to deal with you, Duke. May your conquests go as well as they have in this war."

Message to the King of Sweden:

"Our domains are close, so it is only natural that I come to you with a deal. A sort of trade agreement, in particular. I will give you the high-quality wood and fish of the Baltic, in return for finding me some of the berserkers of Scandinavia, and placing them under my command. What do you say?"

27. - Top - End - #327
    Orc in the Playground

Sir Jarme, Conqueror of Lisbon

He looks at the 500 soldiers he has achieved from Lisbon and sighed.

"I thank you. You 500 are the bravest of the whole of Lisbon, perhaps even all of Portugal! You shall be honored among my men. For you are equal to orcs in your bravery! I am sorry that your previous monarch was inept and ill suited to rule, but I promise I shall not leave you to be cannon fodder! You shall be great soldiers of the Portugese empire! You shall come back with medals, and we all know how much women like medals eh?" as he says this he winks.

"You are dismissed, Captain Jaus will train you unless any of you have past military experience?" he says looking at them.

[[OOC: All I need now are the results of Krai's scouting]]
    Last edited by Connor Darkdart; 2009-01-31 at 04:18 AM.
    Nervous Worm by ME!
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #328

Border Kingdom

With Lord Unai back in Karkanov, the expansion of Niurus could truly commence. Unai's eyes went east, to the remnants of the shattered Golden Horde. The border kingdom, already modeled after western powers, would do nicely. Unai ordered a missive sent to its leader.

To the leader of (insert kingdom name here):
    Greetings! I am Lord Unai Tressvian, ruler of the Kingdom of Niurus to your west. Forgive my bluntness, but I find the pleasantries and flowery talk of politics boring and pointless. I come to you with an offer. Niurus, and its mighty allies, has long been on a path to great glory. By simply pledging fealty to me, you will find riches and glory the likes of which the Great Khan himself never dreamt of. The centaur raiders who brought chaos and death to your lands will suffer justice. If you should choose to bring your kingdom under my wing, I will leave you as governor, in charge of all affairs in the area, so long as I can call upon you to answer my call-to-arms. All you need to do is proclaim yourself a part of the Great Kingdom of Niurus. Should you refuse, I promise that you will not find me quite as friendly the next time we meet. The choice is now yours, my friend.

-Lord Unai Tressevian, Ruler of Niurus and Lord of the Black Stone
    Last edited by JaviSua; 2009-01-31 at 03:41 PM.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Barbarian in the Playground

Taking up his sword, Daemos arises from the council with the Portuguese. He growls at his luck for having been prevented from combat on the Teutonic front, but as a certain equilibrium has been established, he feels hope that Janos might be a good caretaker of the lands. Also, he feels pride at having evacuated much of the Teutonic Order before the loss of life became outrageous.

"I accept your terms of alliance, Good king Pere of Portugul. But I ask that we do one thing first. In opening an alliance with the king of Aragon we could rend asunder both the invaders in your territory and the kingdom of France, which would benefit both of us greatly. Also, I ask that you use a portion of your fleet to negotiate trade with the colder lands as the ice begins to thaw, I wish to make amends with Janos"

Leaving the palace Daemos goes out to the gardens, where he picks up a stone, drawing it twice across his blade. He casts it into a pond. The ripples fade and the faces of his spies in France appear.

"How goes your tasks" Asks Daemos "What luck have you in France?"
    I make avatars if you ask nicely.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

Teh Forums is up!

anyway

goblin
    Spoiler
    Show

You were correct in assuming the Prussians were quite unaffected by the missionaries, the missionaries were more affected by the Prussians pointy objects. However, among your troops, large numbers are starting to listen to the mercenaries, and Many of the more devout converts are considering you an angel. The missionaries aren't bothering to correct them for the sake of expedience.

Although the celebrations and German bribes take up most of the plunder that anyone bothered to give you,

The King of Sweden's reply is guarded ,asking for numbers and hard amounts before committing himself.

You receive several pounds of gold from the King of Poland-Lithuania as a gift to celebrate your victory.

The King of Hungary apologizes that his daughter is getting married within the week, and so he can't attend. He wishes you the best

Javisua
    Spoiler
    Show
    the Mongol accepts you offer, on the condition that his children will also be governess of the land.

Conbar
    Spoiler
    Show
    You scouts report that most of the Portuguese Nobles are gathering their forces and many of the border counts are inviting the Castilian
    military to protect their realms.

and no, you have n chance of beating Casstile in a straight-up fight

Draken
    Spoiler
    Show
    sorry, what are your spies doing again? missed that.
    Last edited by puppyavenger; 2009-02-04 at 10:23 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp