New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Europe IC

Daemos
    Seven raven black gryphons soar from the sky, landing in Versais. A contingent of six goblins each hold up a black, red or grey banner each clad with odd symbols. A man dismounts off from his gryphon and walks toward the palace. He bows lowly, holding his sword, and begins to speak

"Edward the black," He begins simply "What a fitting name... surely by now you have heard of the folk coming to power in these lands. I come here with a proposition

"At some time in july of this year the english will begin an assault against your nation. I have calculated the logistics and even with that key tidbit of information, you wouldn't be able to stop them. I have one simple offer for you: Join me. I can assure you that as long as my men are fed and supplied, you will be protected. But if you deny this generous offer, I will kill you and cripple your nation. I shall give you three weeks to think"

With that, the black clad knight leapt into the sky and his Gryphons rose up too, their banners waving.
    Last edited by DrakebloodIV; 2008-11-19 at 12:55 AM.
    I make avatars if you ask nicely.

2. - Top - End - #32

(Daemos's Keep is built in the french alps, near several potental mining areas)

Around the camp many people are working hard already establishing a foothold on the surrounding land. 2500 orcs and 20 ogres commence mining in the surrounding quarries. The Bowyers and smiths ready their respective wings of the armory and the siege engineers begin working on a schematic for a giant ogre-operated crossbow. The politiceans and spies each begin their respective conversing among other nations and the warriors prepare for battle. The time for conquering is upon us....

<EDIT- CONVERTED 500 ORCS TO BUILDING A HATCHERY FOR THE GRYPHONS
    Last edited by DrakebloodIV; 2008-11-19 at 01:15 AM.

3. - Top - End - #33

@Longvin
    Spoiler
    Show

Great emissary, I wish you to know I have the same ambition as your Great King. I will offer you a legion of my orcs in your current campaign if you will accept my alliance, together we can rule the peninsula.

Some orcs begin, as by Krusk's word, to build small homes and expand the farms.
    A group of 2,000 phalanx troops and 1,000 Foot Soldiers prepares near the tunnel for a quick march.
    Last edited by expirement10K14; 2008-11-19 at 06:32 AM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Giedrius Laima

Giedrius was pleased with how things were going so far. The towns were left mostly to exist as they always had, only with a collection of food taken up for the castle after the harvest.

The lumber crews were instructed to clear out the forests nearest the river first, so as to make it more suited to farmland. A message was sent out that any artisans or craftsmen that moved into the city being built would receive a tax break for the first 5 years they lived there; hopefully this would bring them in, and with them more trade.

Griffons were sent out to scour the countryside for any other magical folk or beasts like themselves. A team of orcs was sent into the nearby mountains to try and find any metal deposits.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

5. - Top - End - #35

PirateCaptain

King Shtaal Tundra

With food production going so well, the King ordered 50 Gryffons to explore the rest of the land, seeing if they could see any other Lords or creatures upon the land or the air, then report their findings to him.

The King also ordered the 100 master craftsmen Orcs that were building food production buildings to focus on building a grand dock on the coast near the keep, so that when the other 100 master craftsmen Orcs had researched bigger and better ways of travelling across the seas, there would be space available to dock their transports.
    I drew this line myself

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

The call was sent out. The Otherworld was going to war - all mortalfolk who wished to assist the fight against the english simply had to converge at Edinburgh.

From fey circles in England, wild hunts began once more. Stone circles became points of invasion, with Dark Sidhe devastating villages and Decataurs riding down those who fled. Gryphons wheeled in the skies above, coming down with feline grace to rip apart horses and their riders.

English villagers soon remembered the old ways - those who hung horseshoes over their doorframes were spared, and mercy was shown to those villages who left milk out for the fey.

Meanwhile, a mortal army converged at Edinburgh, ready to march into the land of their oppressors. And a Sidhe army camped on the Otherworld side of a stone circle - one that the mortals called Stonehenge. They were poised to strike at the heart of England. And London would fall.

Spoiler
    Show
    If you want to RP our Skelkies and Nagas meeting, sidhe_blooded, they're scouting out the western coast of England.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

7. - Top - End - #37

A full thousand Gryphons with Orcs mounted on them ride out to strike on the italian front. Rather than send out a feeble act of diplomacy while his potential ally, Daemos decided to send troops to aide Titus in his campaign. The two flights will arrive on the swiss/italian border within a day and will reach Naples within the next three(OOC: Game time, not real life time)
    Last edited by DrakebloodIV; 2008-11-19 at 03:47 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

longvin
    Spoiler
    Show

it's a very long and very bloody battle, in the end, the Nepalese retreat after losing a little less then fifteen hundred men, you yourself lost almost all the goblins and a 2 centuries of orcs (spread out among all the units of course.)

sidhe_blooded
    Spoiler
    Show
    your griffins are shot down by trigger-happy villagers, the land is pretty poor for farming, but you should be able to get enough to feed the farmers. a wooden palisade is quickly erected around your keep and some fishing boats are put out

Raz_fox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Very well, you speak like a true poet. I agree to your plan, let us push the Normans back to where they belong!

Javisua
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your fortifications hit a major snag when some idiot sets fire to all the stuff already made. so you have to start from scratch. your scouts estimate the enemy force is in the 10-12 thousand range.

the iron vein is extraordinarily rich and mining goes smoothly, the blacksmith and granary are going up fine.

the two packs of keberous seem to be very different, one is very easy to domesticate, having only been fed and not hunted, the other one seems attacks your trolls whenever possible, you lost three trolls and 30 keberous were killed.

drakeblood4
    Spoiler
    Show
    your contingent is literally laughed out of the court, and some guards take pot-shots at your forces flying away.

nothing goes wrong with your other plans

experiment
    Spoiler
    Show
    nothing goes wrong

Ipphli
    Spoiler
    Show
    the river-side is cleared quickly, and farms are set up without a problem. the mountains are positively flowing with metals, iron and nickel in particular.

your scouts find a mob of goblins, however they are hostiles and attempt to shoot down the griffins.

Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Giedrius Laima

Pleased with the news of the metals, 300 orcs are dispatched to the mountain to begin mining operations. The city builders are instructed to make sure a granary and a blacksmith, as well as a few warehouses are built quickly to handle the soon-to-be influx of surplies.

The news of the goblins is disturbing. 100 trolls are sent with 100 centaurs and 25 griffins to hunt them down. They are to join or die. The trolls will attempt to speak to them first, while the griffons and centaurs surround them. Should negotiation fail, the arrows of the two groups should take care of the goblins quickly.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Ipphli
    Spoiler
    Show

a cave-in kills 20 orcs, otherwise mining goes well

the buildings don't have any problems being built.

the goblins refuse to bow, but your concentrated fire means that you only lose 15 trolls.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

11. - Top - End - #41

Having left the territory of the french, Daemos now lands at the castle Windsor . This time, he petitions in a more regal tone.

"King Edward the third" began Daemos "I offer my humble service to you. I understand that you have been planning for some time to invade france in response to the repeated attacks they have set against you. I would give my eye to fight alongside your army. But to pledge my troops, I need one promise. The head of prince Edward the Black, for he dishonored me in his court. My blade is at your will, my leige, if you choose to accept it"

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Raz fox
    Spoiler
    Show
    the villagers do indeed remember the old way, the new from Scotland hastening the process. your raiding forces encounter stiff resistance in any large towns however.

drakeblood4
    Spoiler
    Show
    your forces are able to reek havoc among the retreating Nepalese lines. the army is rather unprepared for aerial raids and you only suffer 20 causalities(well, 20 griffins and 20 riders).

King Edward replied I would be a fool to accept an offer of service from someone who commands such creatures. however, may I inquire how you knew my plans? Besides, first I must deal with the "Fae" which raid through my lands and have taken Scotland. aid me in this, and you shall have the heads of the french court on your wall.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

13. - Top - End - #43
    Bugbear in the Playground

Titus Velius

The losses were acceptable. It was mostly the replaceable Goblins. He watched as the beasts looted the dead, comrade and enemy alike. They fought over the most valuable trinkets and left no stone unturned for shinies. The amusement of watching the beasts soon wore off and Velius rallied his generals "Get these dogs moving towards Naples! There shall be more loot in the city for them!"

As the Legions got into ranks and prepared for the march, the attached Gryffon, centaurs and minotours rush ahead to nip at the heels of the retreating Neopolitan force. They would have no rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Giedrius Laima

The griffons are sent out once more to see if there are any dukedoms or kingdoms nearby that could cause trouble, as well as any more fey creatures. The city, farms, lumber, and mining camps all continue growing. Also, horses are found and a breeding program is started.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Longvin
    Spoiler
    Show
    your raiding forces are repulsed, the retreating forces fell back to the nearest fortified locations and are prepared for aerial attack from Daemos' raiders. your forces are moviogn to engage them, the sieges should begin in about a week

Ipphli
    Spoiler
    Show
    the main force in the region is the Kingdom of Hungary under Louis 1, whihc looms as a regional superpower.

your scouts are very unlucky, they find a hunt of feral Wyrvens (griffins) who are very territorial, and 4 centuries of orcs serving as an army for a minor feudal lord.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Giedrius Laima

A small delegation is sent to the minor lord with the following message

Greetings. My name is King Giedrius Laima the Just. My lands now border your own. I have seen your fiefdom and your armies. While impressive, they are not nearly as massive as my own. And so I make you this offer: swear fealty to me, and I will allow you to keep your lands, your armies, and your title. All I ask in return is a modest tithe of your income, in gold, food, and troops. In return, you will gain my army's protection and a share in any spoils they take.
    The delegates, 10 orcs and 10 centaurs, are given orders to wait 3 days before returning. If they do not return within a week, the worst will be assumed.

The hunt of wyverns are also a concern. ((OOC: How far away are they, and are they willing to talk?))

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Ipphli
    Spoiler
    Show
    the deal is accepted, and he accepts a vassalage. the hunt of Wyrvens is about two days ride away from your current borders.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

18. - Top - End - #48
    Halfling in the Playground

Further reinforcements consisting of 500 Orcs, 150 Minotaurs, 150 Gryffons, 200 Trolls, and 100 Centaurs are sent to be used against the attacking army. The Orcs are told to redouble their efforts in fortifying the town. In the meantime, an emissary is sent out to the lords leading the attack. His message is this: "Bloodshed is unnecessary. My Lord Unai Tressevian offers his protection and just rule to all those who swear loyalty to him. All he asks in return is the promise to answer his call in times of war and a small tribute of food. What answer do you give my lord?"

Unai sends out messengers to the surrounding villages, offering any who wish to relocate to inside the newly-built outer fortifications of his castle a chance to build a home there. Any craftsmen or artisans are given "extra incentive" to help expand the growing village outside the Castle of the Black Stone. More recruiters come, promising a place to live for the families of all men joining the Army inside the castle's fortifications.

As always, Lord Unai uses his Orc work force to increase the outer fortifications of the castle and expand the village both inside and outside the walls. Incoming iron is sent to the blacksmith to create weaponry and armor for the Army of the Black Stone.

19. - Top - End - #49

A witty grin played across Daemos's head as he heard the kings words.

"To be honest with you, my leige, I didn't. Logic lead me to this. With the time it takes to mobilize forces, the naval capacity of england, the strategic advantages given if an attack is sent at this time, and the mounting tensions between you and France, I theorised that July would be the best month. To be honest, I could have been off by about three weeks, but I believe I was almost spot on. Now about these fey... the last I recall of the magical folk of the scottish and irish, they live in burial mounds and feed off of the might of runed circles. I would be glad to go on an excursion for you, If you would lend me some of your naval might and a few men. I know things which would make the average sidhe bleed from the eyes. I promise to smite these foolish usurpers under my foot, but in order to wield a sword, my leige, one must put it in their hand. So too must you accept me to use my skill"
    Last edited by DrakebloodIV; 2008-11-19 at 11:22 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Giedrius Laima

The minor lordling is invited to Castle Svajone for a feast in honor of their new relationship. The people are warned about the wyverns and to avoid that area, although it being outside his borders, is not much of a concern at the moment.

Notices go out to the villages that any that wish a chance for glory and wealth are welcome to join the army.

21. - Top - End - #51

The thousand gryphons land about a half mile and their riders dismount. Lead by a red clad Orc with an iron piercing in his nose. Walking foreward with neither armor nor weapons, the orcs encircle the city. Although the outer wall is covered with orcs, the gall of sending in all of their troops unarmed leaves them stunned. They aim but are not given the order to fire. The bare skinned orcs begin an orcish war chant and at then end of it they throw themselves prostrate with a massive stomp of their feet.

The Orcish commander begins speaking:

"Malord, I believe you have mistaken our intent. We hope to aide you, not harm you. We are at your service, here to help decimate the Napalese forces. Keep this land, I seek something ten times greater: an alliance. What say you of this offer?"

22. - Top - End - #52
    Bugbear in the Playground

Titus Velius

The Legions of the Warlord of Italy start fanning out to surround the Neopolitan fortifications and to cut off any paths of escape as they prepare to dig in and lay siege to the enemy.

Runners are sent back to the Fortress to bring the transport of the newly constructed siege engines to the front.

EDIT: Scouting parties of Naga are sent out to find any secret routes into the Human fortifications, including underwater channels.
    Last edited by LongVin; 2008-11-19 at 10:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

23. - Top - End - #53

The full flight of gryphons rose to the air. Rather than being mounted, these gryphons carry rocks gathered from the surrounding area. Flying at full height, they are immune to all weapons other than heavy seige. Dropping the boulders with precision accuracy gifted to them by their eagle sight, the eagles seek to decimate the city walls and heavy artillery.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

A strange fey creature comes to the court of King Edward of England; he was dressed in arcane armor and a wyrd sword was sheathed at his belt, a greatcoat over his armor and a foppish cap with a red feather upon his head.

When halted by guards, the beast said, "Hy hef kome to help de true kink uf englund. Not hall fae veesh de "high kink uf scotlund" vell."
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

25. - Top - End - #55

Hearing the arcane vibrations of a magical beast speaking, Daemos and his troops bolted outside. The gryphons stood upright and had their bows full drawn. The ornamental banners of the Orcish tribes twisted open to reveal deadly spears. With a complex flick of his wrist, Daemos managed to flick the helm of the beast of his head with his weapon. As he drew his blade a hum similar to that of a vibrating wineglass came from the sword. White runes shone on one side of his blade as black runes burned on the other. He held the blade tight to the creatures throat to the point where a bead of blood rolled down his throat

"Speak, Beast" Bellowed Daemos "I know you know how. Tell me what you know of the feymen. If, as you say, he has chosen the true lord of england then why hasn't he smitten the Lord of the Scots yet? Why should we trust you, when the bastard king sill has a head?

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

The fae grabs Daemos's sword and forces it down with supernatural strength, nearly breaking Daemos's arm if he resists it. "Voa dere, boy. Dat bastard kink iz lord uf de fae, but Hy'll tell hyu a secret - not everybody in de Oddervorld likes him. Hy'm de messenger for a group uf traitors in his kamp, de Shedowmen. Ve veesh to tell de Kink uf Englund eksactly vere und how he kan destroy de army uf Scotlund und schlay de False Lord Davin Argetlem. Ve kan' act alone - his magic iz schtrong und his blade iz de legendary Blade uf Nuada, ve vould be schlain viddin moments. But if hyu ambush him vere his army vill be marchink south, ve kan act vile he iz distracted und veakened. Hyu like dat plan, boy?"
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57

PirateCaptain

King Shtaal Tundra

The research on sea-worthy vessels was coming along, the orcs had grasped the concept of floating and weight to sink ratio, but had not yet come up with designs of any vessel capable of getting a crew safely over the shores. But it mattered little as the King and his servants lived in prosperity at the abundant food supplies rolling in. The dock near the keep has almost nearly be finished and a town was beginning to take shape outside the keep.
    I drew this line myself

28. - Top - End - #58

"You tempt me deeply" said Daemos "but your logic confuses me. You see, I am a mage of different sorts. His magic comes from the will of a people, but mine comes from a power much greater"

Twisting his arm in the vicegrip of the dark fae, Daemos snaps his own arm, shunting the bone through his flesh.

"Neurhaufin si nisst un ouf di sspisken. Nikktx! Sabeur du dieux wer ftau!

With that his arm shifted back into positioning and the wound healed. His muscles grew exponentally and a black sheen seemed to surround him. The white runes on his blade tinted a shade of grey and the black ones burned ten times brighter. With a swift sweep of his arms, he cut off both arms and one leg of the beast. Kicking him to the floor Daemos said:

"Gaurds, take this man to the dungeon. Do not put him on the rack yet, I would like that pleasure myself" Leaning in closer to the fey he hissed "You shall never wound your master like that again"

Then, he hummed a strange and powerful hymn and a white light shone around the feymans wounds. They were healed and sealed from regrowing limbs.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

sorry for the delay
    JaviSua
    Spoiler
    Show

you get a reply from the Army

from the Desk of His highness the Grand Duke of Lithuania and what power do you have to steal my lands and demand fealty from me? what lineage do you follow? let me make this clear, you will advance no further into my lands, or I will crush you. let the border be drawn at the edge of the towns you now hold

the fortification are finished on schedule.

the peasantry flock to your castle for safety. too many of them, at the current rate, you're farms will only just feed all the people inside, barring any mishaps. about 20 artisans of various domestic trades answered your call.

about two hundred young men answer the call to arms, as you keep is filled to capacity at this point.

as mentioned building inside the keep is hard, the "spillover village" grows quickly from refugee's helping to make themselves homes.

Draken
    Spoiler
    Show
    watching the exchange the king speaks to you you seem well-versed in these things, you third below only the royals and God in matters of the Fae. destroy them and you shall rule France in my name after the invasion. take 20 ships at most

the lack of easily found boulders in the region makes your bombing strategy difficult. you're able to destroy a few catapult they have in the cities, and form a minor breach in on of the forts

Longvin
    Spoiler
    Show
    what siege engines did you construct? anyway, their brought forward quickly. however, several runners manage to escape your cordon. the only secret passage yo could find is a well that's fed from a river in one of the (three) forts.

Blockhead
    Spoiler
    Show
    nothing goes wrong
    Raz Fox
    Spoiler
    Show
    the guards obey Daemoes
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

30. - Top - End - #60
    Halfling in the Playground

Unai is pleasantly surprised at the response of the villagers. The remaining Orc work force is put to work building additional houses, a line of light fortifications even further out from the castle(mostly wooden palisades), accommodations for the artisans, a barracks for his new human soldiers, and a storehouse for the newly created weaponry and armor (however long that'll all take). The blacksmith is put at full speed to accommodate the new recruits. 1 in 5 newly arriving villagers are given a small plot of land to farm and given instructions identical to the already-farming goblins.

Lord Unai orders the remainder of his Gryffon force to the fortified village, sending his aerial troops to conduct air raids against the Duke, keeping out of arrow range whenever possible (I assume the gryffons, shooting downwards, will have a farther range than the human archers on the ground). An answer to the Duke reads thusly: "I am Lord Unai Tressevian, Lord of the Black Stone and ruler of these lands. By refusing to join my side you have doomed yourself. I hope that you will reconsider before you cost the lives of your men."

Spoiler
    Show
    For the record, I'm not trying to put all the villagers inside the castle itself. The light fortifications are meant to surround the houses for the new villagers. The goblin and human farmlands are just outside the wooden palisades.
    Last edited by JaviSua; 2008-11-21 at 05:40 PM.