New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Deviance - VtM

1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Deviance - VtM

Lance:

"Zhang Shi," he mumbled making sure he remembered her name. It certainly sounded like a Chinese name to him. He smiled a small one, all the while asking how in the name of heck she got that darn number, but it was more out of fear than anything else. Lance stopped and stared at the woman when asked that question, and nodded that it was possible. All the while thinking, 'man, oh man, oh man alive,' how did I get myself into this one. She could be, was most likely, someone who was going to kill them both, a hunter; he could feel it, but at the same darn time she could just be a confused kindred.

"With enough life everything is possible," he mumbled. If she was kindred and didn't understand that one, then they were in deep, deep doo-doo. If she did understand it and was not kindred, they were in deep, deep doo-doo.

Lance turned around and started to turn towards where his car was. He remembered for a fact that they were parked near a Starbucks (the darn shops popped around like rabbits) and he huffed past. The majority of people "This way."

He stopped, and then continued to walk. And it was just then that he realized that he was leading a ship of fools.

Spoiler
    Show
    In accordance with the third edition rules. To look and act like human you spend as much blood as 8- humanity score and it lasts for a full scene. Noss are exempt.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

Adrien

The Noss will stop briefly to stiffle a chuckle. This guy is priceless for a Brujah and she is toting around the name of a dead chinese empress. Man, I can't wait to go to Starbucks.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

Leaving the gardens behind, Shi is struck by the momentary impulse that someone is watching you leave. Of course, with all the guards, cameras, and weird men peeking from the bushes it was hard not to get that impression. On a second look, you couldn't tell if you'd imagined the men or not. The bushes looked normal enough.

Making your way to a Starbucks was easy, as their omnipresent nature deemed necessary. Perhaps somewhere, somehow, there was a single city in the world without one. Maybe. This one, like all the others, was filled with the Trendi clientele, sipping non-fat vanilla half-soy bull crap. There was some guy playing acoustic guitar and warbling old Nirvana songs. Someone should really tell him that Kurt Cobain is dead and he ain't coming back.

The line was obvious, giving you a little bit of time to talk before you needed to order.

4. - Top - End - #34

PirateGuy

Adrien

The Noss will move ahead of the group and duck into a side alley and drop the cloaking ability. hefting his backpack he will move into the Starbucks and move into line. Once at the head of line he will order a seven pump no water venti chai latte and pay with a one hundred bill. Once he receives the change he will stuff into the tip jar. "Thanks."

The Noss will move to a table and set up his Alienware laptop with the free wifi that the coffee chain offers. He will google the names "Zhang Chi". He will bring the cup of Chai upto his lips to blow on it. Looking up he will nod to Lance as he walks in.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

Always quick on the uptake, Shi more or less figured what he meant. Well, okay. The situation probably could be worse, then. In any case, she nodded, and on feeling bizarrely observed, she glanced around again, looking to see how much surveillance she was really under. After all, in China such a feeling was justified, probably, but here she should be more careful.

Soon coming to the place, she rolled her eyes at the somewhat tacky nature of the decor and, for that matter, the clientele. Probably very liberal. Ah, well. Glancing around, she also happened to catch that one nodding to the other...must know him.

She sighed, finding a spot. "So. About the situation."
    Current Characters

I made my avatar myself. You look kind of surprised! Eeh hee hee!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

Lance:

Lance sighs upon seeing his 'good friend' the Nosferatu (tapping at his lap-top). Of course the 'burn victim' was just hap-haphazardly tapping at his lap top in the middle of flipping downtown Calgary. Of course, what else should he expect! True the guy wasn't quite a breach, but it was incredibly inconspicuous. He sighed again, louder, and with more intensity.

As she sat down, he muttered, "we should probably buy something... before we--I--get hassled." Again he was wearing a tattered leather jacket, very few people hassle thuggish men, but, still, he stuck out like a sore thumb, best to act natural.

"Look you see him," he nodded to Adrien, "he's my associate. Why don't you go sit with him whilst I grab us something to drink--what you want?"

Spoiler
    Show
    He'll take her order (if she wants anything at all) and then go and stand in line .... like a consumer and sigh, heavily.

7. - Top - End - #37

PirateGuy

Adrien

The Nos will finish with the laptop and power it down in advance of the group coming over to him. He will slide it into his backpack and hold his coffee cup in both gloved hands while waiting for Zhang Shi and Lance to walk over.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

Shi was never one to really discriminate based on appearance, no matter how bad the guy looked, and merely glanced over to catch the sigh. Clearly there was something going on, and what with the one's thuggish look, the other's...appearance and her own anachronism, she just hoped nobody spotted them or at least really noted them.

"Yeah, I guess. Just, I don't know, I don't really drink it much, just a venti or something." She sighed and sidled over to the table.
    Current Characters

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

Lance:

"No problem." he muttered before going to stand in line. He looked around at the crowd, but wasn't really looking for anyone in particular. Technically he could 'awe' himself if he wanted to get to the front of the line quickly, but that usually meant people would remember him. ... He didn't like that. He rarely wanted to be remembered, and then he remembered ... he was in a Starbucks, dressed like should be playing pool and drinking cheap whiskey, with a Chinese woman in traditional garb and a 'burn victim.' He would be remembered anyways.

But he looked at the crowd behind his shades, and decided it was probably best to appear as human as possible, so he expended the blood to look all pink and fleshy (a slow process, but he probably didn't look that unnatural: Calgary weather was cold, it would take a minute for his face to fleshy out).

Spoiler
    Show
    One point of blood lost so as to look 'fleshy' for the scene.

He'll just stand in line until he gets to the front, Kaisshau. So Kagehime and Rapscallion, don't wait out on me.

10. - Top - End - #40

PirateGuy

Adrien

Adrien will stand up when Zhang arrives and sit back down with her.

"So how are you ? It's so nice to meet you and I hope you're not angry with your dating service about this but I l just love Starbucks."

The tone is light and flippant and no emotion shows through the burn mask.
    Last edited by Rapscallion; 2008-12-10 at 12:43 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

A few people in front of you leave the line once you join it, so your wait is shortened. When you get to the front, the barista scoffs, turns to his friend, whispers something, they chuckle, then he turns back to you.
    "Uh... Can I get you something? Dude?"

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

Lance:

You have no idea. He wanted to say, he really, really wanted to say. But I'd probably find you better tasting than any **** ass-brew forged on the back's of Colombian slash and burn brush farmers. He looked him straight in the eye (from behind his shades) Probably feel less guilty about it to. This looked like the kind of guy who would just love to start something, but whatever ... he was used to it.

"Two light roast coffees--venti," he shrugged, "Pick your favorite blend." Once upon a time he would actually care about the sort of ---- as how his coffee was prepared; not anymore. Instead he just stared blank face on, and then he noticed something ... he was just like all of the other dead beat, emotionless coffee drinking consumers, his left lip jerked in the slightest of smiles. It felt good to not feel odd; it felt good to not feel.
    Last edited by WillWolf; 2008-12-11 at 07:32 AM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

It was nice to see someone as polite as that; some women might take offense at being treated so, but Shi appreciated old-fashioned courtesies.

"Dating service?" She had to chuckle a little herself. "Not exactly that, but hey. I've eaten in worse spots." She nodded amicably, sighing a little as she sat down as well.

For all that had happened, she felt she was adjusting rather well.
    Current Characters

14. - Top - End - #44

PirateGuy

Adrien

"Yes worse spots i can understand. Well while we wait perhaps you can tell me what brings you to our neck of the woods ? I think we are going for a little walk after we get the rest of our coffee."

The Nos zips up his backpack and looks over to Lance and then back to Zhang.
    Last edited by Rapscallion; 2008-12-11 at 08:03 AM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I expect so." Checking to make sure she had everything with her--one could never be too careful about thieves--the Toreador nodded.

"Well. Several reasons, actually. For one, I was hoping to scout out a new location here, in this...thick political climate, shall we say. For another, I needed to get away from home for a bit, just until things cooled down somewhat, and also...well, the last one is a bit more personal."
    Current Characters

16. - Top - End - #46

PirateGuy

Adrien

"Well as where you come from is usually a hotbed of political trouble let's just keep that to ourselves hmmm. As for good opportunities here, I would need your requirements before I could put together a portfolio for your perusal.

I would like to do the grunt for you to free you up for any shooting schedules or events you have here in Calgary. I loved your previous work in the celluoid theatre, you are trendsetting.

After noticing her apprehension about the walk.

"I wouldn't worry you are quite safe here with Lance, I don't think anyone sane would dare tangle with him."

The Noss will look in her direction and bring his gloved fingertips up to where his mouth would be.
    Last edited by Rapscallion; 2008-12-11 at 12:22 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

She sighed, glancing distantly out the window and idly toying with her hair, before turning her attention back to him.

"How very true." Hearing him, she seemed a little bit surprised. "I see you've heard of me. I guess the English subs were more of a success than I thought. Huh. Thank you. In any case, that would actually be rather nice; I've got...plenty of time, just need a schedule, so let me write this down..." She took out a notepad and pen from a pocket somewhere on her person, and glanced over again at the counter at that.

"I can imagine," she replied in an undertone.
    Current Characters

18. - Top - End - #48

PirateGuy

Adrien

"Hmm pen and paper, interesting. I would say that I have interesting taste in fare when it comes to movies and food. off the beaten path is where I tread, sad to say but I love foreign films even with subtitles."

Adrien will await Lance's arrival.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

Shi shrugged, with a slight smile.

"Call me old-fashioned. In any case, I'd have to describe myself similarly; off the beaten path indeed. Sure, that does sometimes put me in danger, but I think I can handle it."

She adjusted her hat, in a moment pushing forward the notepad to him. Her English handwriting wasn't great, but it was legible, and she'd listed her name and cell phone number for reference to him (she had carbon paper in the pad as well, for a backup).

"Good to hear it, anyway. If you could maybe list your name, phone number, address I could contact you at?"

Shi then leaned back and rested against the seat, waiting for her drink.
    Current Characters

20. - Top - End - #50

PirateGuy

Adrien

"Here is the cell phone I use for private concerns."
    Adrien will write down a phone number and a email address. [email protected]. can. "Use this email address and I will respond."

The Noss will slide back the notepad.
    Last edited by Rapscallion; 2008-12-11 at 01:02 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

Shi bit back a laugh, wisely. Goodlooker, eh? Well, he almost certainly knew, and to point it out would be rude.

"Excellent, thanks." She stowed it. "I actually had a plan for another film thought up already. It could be set here just as easily, which is part of why I came, as I said..."

She paused in explaining it, once more watching the counter. "Heaven, what is taking so long?"
    Current Characters

22. - Top - End - #52

PirateGuy

Adrien

"We have sent him to the board with the big words on it. Give him a little extra time and he should be alright, also his people skills are not up to par."

The Nos will look over to the Toreador and input the information on his phone for her under a codeword.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

They bring you your coffee, then chuckle as you walk away. You don't seem to get much attention, as the patrons range from punks with pink hair, to fashionably-dressed women and men you can only assume are actors and actresses. Still, it's easy to find your compatriots, for classic Chinese dress and a burn victim will stick out anywhere.

Shi
    Spoiler
    Show
    When Lance sets down the coffees, you get a sudden, strong urge to not drink it. In fact, the thought of consuming that beverage makes you queasy.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

Shi nodded, and smiled faintly. "I can imagine. But, ah." She shrugged as well, then sighed at least when the coffee arrived. Except...

那种材料怎么回事?!

She lightly blew on the top, ostensibly to cool it down, and sighed.
    Current Characters

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

Lance:

Lance shrugged as he sat down, paying the two creeps, and relaxing as he slowly sipped on his coffee, though not really enjoying it either. He really, really didn't fit in with this group (or at least he felt that way) and as such he had the look of someone who was a little bit nervous, which was only enhanced on his nice, pink rosy skin. He would have preferred blood, but what could he say? He didn't like this place, he didn't like the idea of being surrounded by kine and beside a waiting-breach and a target, but he also had to trust that something was up, and he wanted to get to the bottom of it.

Thankfully he had missed the comment about him being about as bright as a brick wall or else this entire conversation would have been a hell of a lot shorter and pointed ... maybe with fangs.

Anyway. "Ok, Shi," he mumbled as he took a sip, "How did you get my haven phone number?" Staring at his odd compadre in the burn suit with a mild degree of humour and a great deal of he was sitting in an odd situation. "And why did ya call me," in a much deeper mumble, "If it's business of our business use euphemisms, 'cause we're around the 'juice boxes.'"

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

Shi

She turned the cup in her hands, sighing over it as well. Yeah, they were an odd group. She'd already figured that one out, but then again, there were a lot of unusual figures on the streets of Calgary tonight, what with the escalating atmosphere and tension. Hey, they were in the theater district--maybe if they were lucky anybody who got nosy would mistake them for a theater troupe. True, she was a little nervous as well, and just a tad bit thirsty for more "normal" sustenance, but her nerves of steel helped.

Needless to say, she didn't bother to inform Lance about conversation with the Nosferatu, whom she had actually yet to identify as such, not knowing about different clans.

"I got a call," she replied, leaning forward somewhat confidentially. "When I called back, I got first a fellow who was...not quite all there. Then, his sister came on the phone and gave me your number. She said you could help, though not with what. I assumed," she went on, lowering her voice, naturally, "that she meant you could help me with, one--finding someplace to stay better than a basement, and two, more importantly--telling me what I need to know to stay, er, alive."
    Current Characters

27. - Top - End - #57

PirateGuy

Adrien

the Nosferatu will turn his gaze to the Brujah as Shi finishes her reply.

"Help me Obi-wan.... I am sure Lance can be of help. Can we walk and talk folks ? i'm hungry and the smell of this chai is reminding me I haven't eaten either."

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

Lance:

Lance sighed again. He did a lot of sighing. Either this girl was telling the truth and he was the surrogate sire to a Chinese vampire in this political climate ('cause there was no way he'd say no), and if she wasn't ... than he had no more real answers than before.

"Alright." He mumbled,"Fine. I'll hook you up with some basement suite or something ... I think I can. Either that or," pointing at the Nosferatu whilst smirking slightly, "money bags might be able to hook you up with a hotel for a couple of days, whilst I pull favours." Hopefully that would shut the guy up. Obi-Wan indeed.

He'd find a place, but there was no way in hell that she was actually going to sleep in his haven. He had just met the girl.

"You're right Adrien," downing what remained of the coffee (not that it was that enjoyable), "Let's scram. ... And grab something ..." he trailed off. Truth be told he wasn't even sure if she was a kindred, he was just going off his guesses, but honestly ... basement suite, new to this? What more could he say.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for the delay. Been sick.

29. - Top - End - #59

PirateGuy

Adrien

"Just because I happen to sue the hospital over malpractice and get a boatload of cash. you have to get all jealous there pretty boy."

Adrien will stand and look to Lance as if Shi wasn't even there. His face is masked by the opague white medical plastic and his eyes cooly scan over Lance.

"Let's go Fashion plate."

Adrien will take his Chai with him as they go and then dunp it in a trash can outside after a few blocks. Once on the street he will wait for his companions and head off in the direction indicated by Lance.

Spoiler
    Show

Hope you feel better.

Last edited by Rapscallion; 2008-12-20 at 12:19 AM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Orc in the Playground

Upon leaving the coffee shop, you make your way onto semi-abandoned streets. Most others travel in packs of five or more, so being the lone threesome makes you stand out. Your odd looks, however, are not that odd here. Being in one of the cultural centers, you're standing amidst many actors, entertainers, and of course, rebels.

You make your way easily enough, walking, talking, trying to guess at each other's intentions without directly mentioning anything. It goes smoothly until you come upon an area where the groups start to thin out, and look more ragged. You're accosted, then circled, with your backs to a building, the sign reading "A&J's Pawn," and under that "Hocking your goods since you went broke."

"Hey man," The lead ruffian says to all three of you, and no one, "Do you support the arts?"