New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Deviance - VtM

1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Deviance - VtM

Adrien

The Noss's disassociated attitude lightens a bit. Adrien will lean forward to look over the photos.

"So he could be any Clan or is masquerading as several clans ? He's an annoyance to your regime and you want our ignorant assistance in this endeavor. His weakness is vice and he needs to be silenced.

Do I have everything correct ?"

Adrien will lean backwards and cross his arms again.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Orc in the Playground

Lance:

Lance nods his head at the information and then looks over at his compatriots.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Halfling in the Playground

Don

Don sits back starting to look the annoyed part that he is feeling. Something is just not right with all of this bullying tactics.

"So Mr Xavier, what is it exactly do you think some band of unknown kine can find this all-powerful mortal or kine can find much less do anything about this? There seems to be very little of motavation to do this on my part, unless you count the strongarm and plan to stick to that." He opens his arms wide. "What does each of us get out of this? I hate doing investing without knowing the risk, which i'm pretty sure what that consists, versus the payout."

He looks over to Adrien and smiles.
    Member/founder of Psycho Squad Gaming Club
    Altering reality on a regular basis since 1980, ya i'm old

Thanks to Assassin 89 for the Ventrue avatar!

Current characters
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #154
    Orc in the Playground

"You won't find him. He'll find you. That black object in the bag is a PPS tracker. PPS stands for Precise Positioning System. It is accurate to within one meter. When you meet him, all you need to do is send the signal and we will log your location.

And as for why..."

He opens a case, and pulls out a fine cigar. He lights it, then takes few puffs.

"You all want something. You, Mr. Century, want to find the group sabotaging your company's property. And, I can also rid you of that troublesome man you met. Adrien, you desire money and knowledge. Smile has more access than you can dream of, and he can teach you what he knows. Lance, you seek understanding of your unlife, and a stable environment. I can give you both. And Shi, you seek Alex. I know where he is. He is alive, do not doubt it. For how long depends on you."

Laughing, he gestures to the window. "Of course, there's also the fact that I could end you all right now, or for as long as you remain in this city. And I'm not going to let you leave. So, do it for whatever reason you wish. Or for no reason at all. Just do it."

5. - Top - End - #155

PirateGuy

Adrien

"Thanks Xavier, I'll take the carrot instead of the stick. Knowledge and money work for me, I assist with the tagging."

Adrien will lean back and look over the rest of the group with his hands in a steple formation.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Orc in the Playground

Lance:

Lance looked somewhat embarrassed at accurately being described his motivation for life. It wasn't something that he spoke about often, in fact he had never spoken about it at all. ...

Lance looked nervous; somewhat apprehensive and his eyes (behind his sunglasses started to look around for somebody whom was searching his head; he had heard that some clans could literally look into your head and bring out information. Who did it?). Whatever the case; he simply nodded his head, he would do what was asked; he had no desire to f--- with the prince.

7. - Top - End - #157

PirateGuy

Adrien

The Noss will register the Brujah's discomfort but will not make any snide remarks.

"So I guess we're done and we can go now ?"

8. - Top - End - #158
    Orc in the Playground

"If you're finished with the insipid questions, then yes. Please stand by the door in single file, two rows, male and female. You'll be searched, and released. Carry your basket and shoes please."

((OOC: If you did try to hide anything, post in the OOC what it was and where you hid it.))

9. - Top - End - #159
    Orc in the Playground

You are released, although he doesn't return any of the items he confiscated, and Smile makes sure you properly secret away all of your new items. He collects the baskets, humming to himself an Easter tune, then ushers you into the elevator and down. The guard at the bottom snaps awake when the door opens, but remains utterly motionless. Outside, the night is still fairly young, and you are set adrift, with no clear path to follow.

10. - Top - End - #160

PirateGuy

Adrien

"Well, now where ? Can I get a lift back to my place unless you guys have any plans ?"

The Nos will look around and stuff his hands into his pockets.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Orc in the Playground

Lance:

Lance looked far more relieved, and sighed, breathing heavily and irregularly, as he tried to recollect his nerve. He took a look over his companions, what they were, and what the heck they had gotten their selves into. On the one hand this seemed like such a mundane thing, going to find and get the guy out of the prince's hair, but on the other hand; what were they to go around and do this?

"Well, now where ? Can I get a lift back to my place unless you guys have any plans ?"

"Well I need to get my bike, but then I can take you home," he sighed in relief. He paused. "You do know he could have really killed you, you know?"

12. - Top - End - #162

PirateGuy

Adrien

"A couple of blocks away would be nice thanks Lance. I know he would have destroyed me but I'm already dead what more can he do to me ? I'm not to submit meekly to harassment or debasement. I am going to let people know where I stand and then move forward from there. I'll walk with you to your man, Later Shi and Don, nice ride by the way."

Adrien will start walking with Lance when he goes.

13. - Top - End - #163

Don

Don walks out with everyone looking annoyed. When they reach the area they are all talking at he fishes in his pocket for the items "Smile" gave them and gives it a scornful look.

"What a waste of time. You have got to be kidding me on this pompus &^%(^% that wants to rule the universe. Why in the ^$#^&* does he keep our personal electronics? Now I have to get new one and flash them. What an *%@^&)_*."

Looking around he notices Max is not out here "great, keep him too why don't you &%)@$, yeah that makes a lot of sense."

He will go to the limo and take it to the hotel.

Current characters
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #164
    Orc in the Playground

You all manage to safely return to your quarters, and spend a rather uneventful day in fitful sleep. An image of Xavier laughing and a puppet smiling at you haunt your dreams, and the image of a tall man nodding serenely at you banishes them shortly before you wake.

Shi won't return your calls, sending Lance a message saying simply, "I must find Alex." Your small, weak band has become smaller and weaker. With unknown threats throughout the city, you feel small, but the image of the nodding man comes back, and you feel blessed with renewed hope.

((OOC: You all gain enough experience for one ability increase (I don't have my books so I don't know how much that is). Spend it however you wish.))

15. - Top - End - #165
    Orc in the Playground

Lance:

((OOC: Sorry to sort of god mod, but I'm going to say that Lance got your number/you got his Hastuur.))

Lance just sighed as Adrien explained his actions: I'm dead so I can do whatever I want. He shook his head, but didn't see the point in arguing with him about what he did with his own life; but he didn't want to get himself killed either, and he had the suspicion that Adrien was going to get them all very, very dead.

"Alright." He said to Adrien, "Bye Don, bye Shi." And with that he turned and left, it was probably best to not bother the man when he was in the fits of anger. "See you tomorrow. I'll find a good place to meet up."

And then he pretty much moved on with silence Adrien. If he said anything he replied, but it was very obvious that he didn't really want to talk. He took him back to where he assumed he was supposed to drop off Adrien, and then went and did his 'before sunrise' routine at his haven.

-----------

Lance woke up and noticed the text, sighed, and almost broke the table that was near him as his fist came down. He pretty much pounded in his response to Shi: 'Stay safe.' Very annoyed he got up and sent text messages to Adrien and Don to meet him at 'The Cue Tip' pool hall, with an address, (one of the few places where neither Adrien, Lance, or Don would stand out), with his new found gadgets an innocuous backpack and several sheets of paper and pencils.

Lance was not a dumb man, and he kind of figured that the gadgets and other stuff would be bugged, and that maybe there might be a guy here who might be listening into their conversation through the old fashioned method. That being said it was a double gambit, he could not, not use the bugged stuff, because than the prince would be very, very suspicious. So he placed the stuff in the backpack and placed the paper in a different pouch.

Lance arrived there thirty minutes earlier than the others. He had left his bike about ten minutes away walking distance, in a location he knew it would be safe, not that they were in a bad neighborhood either. And started a round of pool with some shark who was looking for a game, betting twenty bucks that he'd win in the half hour. Lance, who was not a bad pool player, agreed and found his --- severally whooped ten minutes before the meeting place. Afterwards Lance made himself look nice and fleshy in order to order himself a drink from the bar, which he just sort of sat there and waited at.

16. - Top - End - #166

PirateGuy

Adrien

The Nos will awaken in his four poster bed and gets up with after the sun has set. He will turn on four television sets to their respective news channels and head over to get dressed. He likes to keep abreast of international and local news, as he dresses. The Nos powers up his mainframe and checks his website and email for any daily updates or requests.

Once dressed he will call to report that his blackberry was lost and will pause to reach into a bin to grab another one. Once the new blackberry is charged, he will pocket into his Calgary Roughriders red hoodie with black shirt. He will cinch up his belt on his blue jeans and slide on a biker boots. Adrien will call up a cab for ride to the bar location. He will get out about four blocks away and go into a alleyway to obuscate himself. Once this is done he wil head to the bar and go in with a customer.

When Lance is by himself the voice will ring out. "I'm here."

17. - Top - End - #167
    Orc in the Playground

The bar is respectable, but out of the way. The interior is dimly lit, but for clandestine meetings, that's best. It's relatively empty, a few people playing pool, one group of four businessmen at a table, and two at the bar, one female. The bartender is a large, muscular man with piercing blue eyes. His head is shaved, and tattooed with flames. More tattoos cover his arms, and he stares at Lance as soon as he walks in.

When Adrien enters, the bartender comes over to Lance. "Tell your friend to knock that **** off in my bar. I'd be talking to him, but then everyone else would know something's up. Tell him to go to the bathroom and clean himself up. If he tries that again, I'll break his legs."

The man is obviously mortal, but he can see Adrien through his Obfuscate. You either got really lucky with your choice of venue, or something is out to get you.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Orc in the Playground

Lance

Lance looked suddenly very, very pale. It was his bodies' natural reflex to suddenly look pale when he was told that a member of his 'coterie' was going to have his kneecaps broken in. He finished off the drink he had, swiveled on the bar stool, and then pretty much looked like he was about to get sick. Of course he also brought with him the electronics, because as much as he would prefer to not keep the stuff, he was fairly certain the prince would not appreciate loosing his 'gifts'.

And then hustled towards the bathroom taking Adrien with him (OOC: Not sure whether or not you de-obfuscated; else wise he'll go towards where the bar tender motioned you were/where Lance thought you were) mumbling 'Adrien, bathroom ... Adrien bathroom ... Adrien bathroom ...' and then walk into there and wait until he could see him. It was obvious that Lance was far more afraid than angry.

After he took a few deep breaths (somewhat irregular, but it helped him to calm down) he'll give you a look and say: 'The barkeep can see you.'

19. - Top - End - #169

PirateGuy

Adrien

The Nos will decloak and appear where Lance is expecting. "Yeah, I noticed that. What do you want ?"

The Nos will look the same as he did the night previous with burn mask, hoodie and jeans. Lance would notice that the hoodie and jeans are new.

"I simply adore all the quait meetings we seem to have." The Nos will turn and head back out to the table. He does not pay the barkeep any attention at all.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Orc in the Playground

Lance

Lance suddenly looked rather annoyed and sullen again. "Fine, just don't use disciplines." He said whilst Adrien was still inside the bathroom, and went back towards the table where Adrien was now standing at. He needed to keep a good eye on him; the two of them certainly couldn't feed here, and he had the startling suspicion that the barkeep knew far more than he should be allowed to, but Lance wasn't really in the mood to go around ratting on people who looked far more concerned with holding a steady job than with blackmailing princes and kindred.

"You want something to drink, Adrien?"

21. - Top - End - #171

Don

Don spends the next day getting replacement items and memory flashing. He sets up a signal with his company to disable the old units. Max gets new shoes. Unless someone calls Don the day is used up running errends and Don cooling off from the encounter from Smile.

[OOC: Yeah, WillWolf that is safe to assume we all exchanged numbers]

Current characters
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #172
    Orc in the Playground

Don:
    You manage to disable the phones, but when you describe the PPS system to a technician, they inform you that it's simply not possible to do. They inform you that whomever owned the device would instantly know it was disabled, it would be very expensive to do, and it would violate several National Security measures, especially if it is sent across borders, as would be necessary. What you're holding in your hand is a very rare, very expensive and very illegal piece of technology. Either Xavier has connections that far outreach your own, or he's breaking many, many international laws. Either way, going against his wishes with the device would get you so deep in trouble your company would burn you.

Lance:
    As you and Adrien sit at a table, a man comes into the bar, looking like an addict who's been far too long without a hit.He goes straight to the bar, and mentions for the bartender to come over. He talks to the bartender, for a while, then the bartender gestures in your direction.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Orc in the Playground

Lance:

Lance, before Adrien could respond/not knowing that he had responded, quietly got up and said: "Be right back." He then turning his head to see if he was actually being beckoned, quietly walked over there. His face still looked somewhat fleshy.

"Yeah? What you want?" It wasn't rude, but had the edge of confusion and panic that was often in a young vampire's voice. All the while he was quietly eyeing the 'drug addict' looking man with a bit of worry. Either this man wanted some coke or--yeah that was probably it.

24. - Top - End - #174

PirateGuy

Adrien

"Once again you have called me, what did you...." Adrien will let the question hang as he see the man at the bar.

"Oh come on... What next ?"

25. - Top - End - #175
    Orc in the Playground

"The nice man said you had coke for me. He said "Find the rebel and the invisible man." He said you'd give me what I wanted if I gave you his money."

He opens his hand, revealing several hundred-dollar bills.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground

Lance:

Lance looked suddenly afraid on the notion of the 'invisible man' he was certain that the sheriff was going to burst through the door and take the two of them away for breaking the Masquerade, but he suddenly settled down. "Oh yeah, sure, sure."

He shifted his weight a little, "Umm ... let's just not do this deal with soo much, erm, people around."

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception+Streetwise to see if he means coke or vitae, because he's not certain that the bartender is not sending him over here to bother/intimidate Lance like, 'I know what you are ... here's me rubbing your face in it, hahah.'

Rolls: (4d10)[5][10][10][5](30)
    In case of tens, go left to right: (4d10)[9][9][7][1](26)

Four successes
    Last edited by WillWolf; 2009-04-21 at 03:38 AM.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Orc in the Playground

The man means coke, but you catch the hint of something hidden within him. He's not here entirely of his own free will, it seems.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Orc in the Playground

Lance:

Lance takes him to the bathroom and sells him some coke. It's a quick transaction, he's not entirely happy, but he doesn't see the point in belingering on it (if the man said [invisible man] he was far more likely to be knocked upside the head than taken seriously). And so does so. It's not a whole lot of coke, because Lance keeps it around mostly for show, but it should get him done.

Afterward he says, "now get lost" and then leaves the bathroom to return his drink, all the while staring at the bartender. What was he? Some kind of vampire seeing witch? But he wasn't really in the mood to listen to him much longer.

When he returns to Adrien, he says, "sorry, got distracted ... the bartender, he's ..." and now in a very low whisper, tossing his head to see him, "definitely not human."

Spoiler
    Show
    How much cash he got back from the transaction; he's not looking to milk him, just get him out of the w: streetwise+manipulation (3d10)[5][2][1](8)

Tens, work left to right: (3d10)[4][1][6](11)

29. - Top - End - #179

PirateGuy

Adrien

The Nos will look away and then look back when Lance returns, his face impassive behind the mask.

"Look is there something you need ? I don't plan to come back here as obviously I am not wanted here."

30. - Top - End - #180
    Orc in the Playground

Lance:

Lance kind of looked at him, slightly incredulously, "Well we can start to see if we can try and find the guy that he wants us to find." Lance said with a slight edge to his voice; it wasn't like he was doing this sort of stuff for pleasure.