New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The ruined Temple [D&D 4E] (IC)

Cyn

Shhhhhhh

Shushing everyone else, Cyn looks around and pauses, listening intently at the door. There is some running, dripping water, and I think I make out the sound of someone or something yelping. We are definately not alone here.

Proceed with caution
    Never come between a Dwarf and his Ale
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

Awesome Runic Dwarf Avatar by Bayar

2. - Top - End - #32
    Halfling in the Playground

RangerGuy

Torbern

Peering down the corridor intently, Torbern listens carefully in an attempt to identify which direction the noises are coming from. Without success he turns to talk quietly to the others.

"Maybe we should try and lure whatever is down there, out here into the open. It would be a lot easier to take them on in this wide space than in the enclosed passageways"

He instinctively looks towards Bridge for support, sensing that she knows how to handle herself in a battle.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

Bridge

"He who hesitates has lost..." Bridge scoffs, approaching the doorway. "However I see no wisdom in us all charging in. Take up defense; I'll proceed and try to draw out whatever is down there...

Bridge enters, or tries to at any rate, torch held high as she looks for a sconce or some sort of hanging feature for the tool so both her hands can become free to swing a blade.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Terrnad Honorborn

Terrnad listens to the others discuss the plan, more focused on what he heard down the hall. Though the words were not of the tongue they were speaking now, Terrnad remembered the meaning of what he did hear just as easily as he knows what the others say now. "The creature...it was talking about fish. Perhaps it is hunting at the moment."

As the others prepare, Terrnad waits, bringing his morningstar to his shoulder casually. He waits for Bridge to pass before taking up stride behind her, seeming nonchalant despite the apparent danger.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground

Many cracks in the time battered walls, as well as roots hanging from the ceiling, could easily be used to secure a simple torch without letting it slide to the ground.

As Bridge does so, she can carefully inspect that the apparently simple wooden door in front of her is, in fact, a simple wooden door, not even a sturdy or thick one, and it does not seem to be locked., as faint yelps can be heard, broken by one or two weird sounds that seem related to some creature laughing.
    Last edited by XiaoTie; 2008-12-06 at 09:18 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Much lulz avatar made by Fayt, and Echowind made the, awesome, always angry William. And the awesome thelizard made the not-right-in-the-head Argile

Giantitp (Unofficial) IRC. Join now !

6. - Top - End - #36

RangerGuy

Torbern

Torbern skipped into line behind the Dragonborn, his axes held ready. He muttered a battle refrain under his breath, "Be ready to feel the Badger's bite." It would be good to feel the adrenaline rush of battle again. As he followed he took in the ancient passageways and came to a halt behind Bridge and Ternnad at the wooden door.

7. - Top - End - #37

Cyndrellix

Following the rest of the group, these two bring up the rear, knowing they are quick enough to get where they need to get when it is needed.

Get ready, stay quite, and stay alert.
    Never come between a Dwarf and his Ale
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

Awesome Runic Dwarf Avatar by Bayar

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

Bridge

Bridge takes a few steps in and affixes the torch in the wall before progressing further inward with her hornhilt greatsword drawn and ready. With her hood still up, she looks more like a wraith you'd find here to begin with instead of a temple's intruder.

She stays alert while motioning for the others to stay back a good pace behind her.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

9. - Top - End - #39

RangerGuy

Torbern

Torbern was getting impatient. "Come on," he whispered, "let's get the door open and deal with whatever foul creature is infesting Correlon's glorious temple."
    Last edited by BornAgainGamer; 2008-12-11 at 08:44 AM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Terrnad Honorborn

Terrnad looks towards the remainder of his group, his position still extremely calm. He makes no motions of his own, merely holding his position and listening to what the other said and what he could here beyond the door. As Tornbern begins to get impatient, Terrnad looks to him calmly and says in a low voice, "Be calm. We must all be ready before we open the door."

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

(Wait, I thought I already opened the door...)

12. - Top - End - #42

Niirvanna Elenduill

Niirvanna looks slightly revolted as she brings up the rear. "...it sounds like someone is being punished or tortured. Perhaps the laughter is coming from the one dealing out the punishment..."
    "Come play in the darkness with me."
    Thanks for the avatar, banjo1985!

Spoiler
    Show

I guess I'm a Neutral Good Human Wizard (4th Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength- 14
    Dexterity- 15
    Constitution- 17
    Intelligence- 20
    Wisdom- 20
    Charisma- 12
    Take the 'What D&D Character am I?" Quiz!

Somehow I doubt the veracity of this quiz :P
    Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?

13. - Top - End - #43
    Barbarian in the Playground

When the door is opened the torch Bridge left on the wall provides light, which reveals a wide room with as many roots covering the walls as there were on the previous parts of the temple. On the south-eastern corner of the room a wooden door, similar to the one from where you came in, lies closed, to the north of the door, a small restless pond can be seen, ripples covering almost it’s entire surface.

And, at last, you can clearly see the source of the noises previously heard; seven kobolds. Four of them, the ones near the pond, seemed to be laughing just before you entered, all of those carrying fishing rods, which they quickly drop at the sight of the intruders. Three of them are poorly armored and carry only a pair of javelins and a small, battered wooden shield, while the group closer to the north wall is just as ill armored but carrying slings instead of javelins. However, on the western corner in front of a door, a slightly oversized kobold carries what seems to be a rather strong steel shield on his right hand while his left one carries a small sword. The kobold’s body is covered by a simple scale armor.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Battle time. Hopefully you will all recognize yourselves on the map (through colors). The group won Initiative, so you can go first. The squares covered by roots are difficult terrain and cost one extra square of movement to move through.

Battle Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Much lulz avatar made by Fayt, and Echowind made the, awesome, always angry William. And the awesome thelizard made the not-right-in-the-head Argile

Giantitp (Unofficial) IRC. Join now !

14. - Top - End - #44

RangerGuy

At the sight of the Kobold gang, Torbern's eyes light up. Ignoring the lesser foes he hefts his axes and heads towards the larger armoured kobold towards the west of the room. As he approaches he shouts out a challenge, "Are you ready to feel the Badger's bite?"

Spoiler
    Show

Move - e4 to c2 via d4 and d3 - (provoking an opp att from kobold at c4 if Bridge and Terrnad haven't finished him off)
    Minor - Call Hunter's Quarry on Kobold at c1
    Std - Twin Strike on kobold at c1

Attacks
    (1d20+6)[19]
    (1d20+6)[20]

Damage
    (1d10+2)[3]
    (1d10+2)[8]

15. - Top - End - #45

RangerGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Forgot Hunter's Quarry damage

(1d6)[1]

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

(This action is a tentative action. Disregard if actions earlier in the Initiative would make this action harmful to any PCs.)

Terrnad Honorborn

With a growl, the Dragonborn's eyelids scrunch down slightly and he snorts out loud. Then, as he straightens his back, Terrnad begins to draw in a deep breath. However, his tactical mind is still involved, and he realizes that a nearby Kobold will be able to attack him as he throws himself into his next attack. Almost absentmindedly, he quickly steps to the left before staring down one of the Kobold foes in line and opening his mouth to scream. As soon as his maw is fully open, a sudden blast of icy cold explodes outward, bathing the area before him, including four of the enemies, with a freezing chill. Those within are smashed with both the freezing cold and the frozen ice that billows from Terrnad's mouth.

With his breath released, Terrnad breathes again, then roars and raises his morningstar into battle position. "Now it's time for a fight!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, here's what's going on:

First off, Initative is 10, not including any bonuses from other characters' abilities. So is that 11 total?

Second, if the following set of actions will still result in Terrnad hitting only enemies and it will hit at least 3 enemies, Terrnad will be taking the following set of actions during his turn.

Move: Shift 1 square to Terrnad's left.
    Standard: Use the Dragon Breath power, targeting the 3-by-3 square with the bottom left corner just in front of him. It should contain within it all the Kobolds listed in this post, using those die rolls for the Attack against Reflex defense. It deals the rolled amount of damage to all Kobolds that it hits.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2009-01-03 at 12:13 PM.