New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default To Make a World - God Game

You wake up. Its complete darkness. If it wasn't for your godly abilities you probably couldn't see anything. Only gods exist now, but the world is yours to create.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: To Make a World - God Game

A dry voice coalesces from a thousand endless whispers. "It begins." A formless hand reaches out through the darkness and a tiny spark appears, and is extinguished in the blink of an eye, giving no light to anything beyond it's limited range. "So short." The voice emanates from the darkness. "Who will be the first?"
    Last edited by Aergoth; 2008-11-20 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Font. For flavour

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Pravus awakened.

She blinked a looked around "My...so this is the beginning?"

She stands and looks down, seeing she stands on nothingness "This will not do" she shakes her head and moves her hand. Land sprung up beneath her. It was flat, and grey.

She frowned, knowing that creation was not her forte...instinctually. With a wave of her hand, a large couch (similar to the Roman coach) of black iron and dark green satin.

She reclined on the couch and waited for someone to create and expand on the land beneath her.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Average Joe

Joe opened his eyes.
    There was no lightning.
    No explosions.
    No bright light.
    Not even cheap special effects.
    Just an average Joe becoming self-aware.
    He blended perfectly in the background.

Good Ol' Joe looked around. He stared at the other gods. How bizarre! He then looked down - does up and down even make sense in the Void? Anyway, he gazed upon the plain, lifeless land. Was there more to it than what he was seeing?

"All this is so absurd", he said.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-11-20 at 11:57 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Pravus glances upwards, a smirk playing about her lips "Absurd? My dear God, this is glorious. No restrictions at all"
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

6. - Top - End - #6

Another entity appeared. It felt around itself, thinking. It felt strange, to exist, to think. He- for he had felt more kinship to being a male -quickly crafted a form around himself to reflect that which was in his mind. A beautiful human, clad in armor, a shining blade at his side. He looked around. Other entities were coming into existence around him, but it was dark. The entity needed a to name itself. Arturus. Yes. That would work. Arturus looked around him. It was dark. This wouldn't do. He focused into himself, and from his being brought forth a source, a mighty sphere of flame and light to illuminate the world. But it was not just light. It was harsh, casting back shadows and nearly blinding those that looked at it. It was a sharp light. A Light altogether to powerful. But Arturus basked in it, for he felt affinity to Light and didn't notice the pain it caused some of the other beings. Perhaps another would give it more aspects.

((Just a note, no one other than Armin should make any changes to the sun))
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Average Joe

Joe was blinded by the light and turned away.

"Hey, watch where you are aiming that thing."

Joe conjured a large straw hat on his head.

"I just hope people can live on this grey land someday."
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-11-20 at 12:15 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8

Yet. The ancient voice of Thalyl reached out from unbirthed eons, and the shadows around the new-formed land. The elderly man coalesced out of the shadows, spark still floating in the aged hand.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

We need dreamers, eternity will be so boring without them. Umbra said as she waved her hand and gave the land color, greens and blues mostly, but occasion flares of other color could be seen scattered across the landscape.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

A speck, the tiniest of living things, formed from the nothingness awoke in the shadow, torn from the shadows by the light. And it knew nothing but hate and disgust, for it saw its fellows and knew in an instant they had awaken it. They had ruined its perfect darkness. And it would make them pay. But for now, the small speck fell to rest on the world and waited. It needed a host to have life of any respectable sort, to make itself known. And to wait was its speciality. To plot and plan, to make in shadows the doom of the world, that was the speck's destiny. And thus was born The Hidden One, The Father of Sickness, The Destroyer.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, human shields offering free cover.

11. - Top - End - #11

Even as the green spread, Thelyl stood and it turned brown and became as dust in the air and the seas. Eternity? What do you know of eternity? the Dealer of Souls asked. He turned his gaze upon the sun. The spark grew into a facsimile, a copy, smaller, and less bright. it began to grow, turn red and then, exploded in a ball of incandescent fire. Know that nothing is beyond my grasp. The spark returned. Who will be the first?
    Last edited by Aergoth; 2008-11-20 at 12:50 PM. Reason: clarification, spelling error

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Ah, but do I not know of eternity? You may cause all things to decay my lord of rot, but without new growth, new thought, new creation you would be powerless, and I know the hopes, fears and dreams of the future, you will have an interesting existence rot lord, as will the rest of us.

13. - Top - End - #13

The Dealer of Souls exchanged the spark from hand to hand like a ball, spinning it maniacally through the air. Come then, who will be the first? Little can be done without the least. The spark of life looped and glittered like a tiny gem. It spun through the air around Thelyl and finally came to rest. Choose. The infinite whispers of the voice of the god of death boomed.

14. - Top - End - #14

Arturus notices that the sun he created has been destroyed. His awareness expands, and he understands who did it. He snarls at Thelyl. Stretching out a hand, he pulls the fragments of the sun back together, reversing it and finally remaking it, harsher and stronger than ever. Arturus mentally strengthens it, protecting it from such artificial destruction in the future. He turns to Thelyl. "You are not beyond my reach. Do not do that again."

((Sorry))
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2008-11-20 at 12:56 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15

((I didn't destroy your sun. I destroyed a copy. A facsimile.))

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    He focused into himself, and from his being brought forth a source, a mighty sphere of flame and light to illuminate the world. But it was not just light. It was harsh, casting back shadows and nearly blinding those that looked at it. It was a sharp light. A Light altogether to powerful. But Arturus basked in it, for he felt affinity to Light and didn't notice the pain it caused some of the other beings. Perhaps another would give it more aspects.

((Just a note, no one other than Armin should make any changes to the sun))
    Lukahn noticed that his brother Arturus had begun the Great Work already. Lukahn began pouring his divine essence into the sun for a powerful source of unique magic the mortals could tap into one day. He poured his energy into the sun until he became tired. Then, he merely sung chants to himself.... Wondering what he would do next.

17. - Top - End - #17

Arturus sees that the sharp light of his sun had been dulled by Lukhan's tinkering, but when he looked around he saw the other gods, happier with the softer light. He shrugs to himself, and lets himself drift.

18. - Top - End - #18

Thelyl looks at the sun, now infused with magic. He looks at the ground around his feet and gathers the dust. One must choose. What will be the first?The Dealer of Souls holds out the single spark of life. The compact must be fulfilled.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quit prattling on, a voice says snidely, plucking the spark of life from Thelyl's finger. I know the deal. We all know the deal. But look around you - this isn't finished yet. Nowhere near.

The voice comes from a female figure in plate armor, leaning on a halberd and playing the spark of life between her fingers.

We have land, flat and bleak - boring, in other words, but a nice effort.

The woman speaks in a rapid-fire tongue, strange and alien to the gods - and to her as well, except when she had need of it to strike the Deal. Soon, the land shudders and ripples before forcing itself into a curve and filling with stone and molten blood. Cracks the size of continents form in the crust, begging to be filled.

So pacted, she notes idly. I'll be keeping this, Thelyl, until I'm right well ready to use it.
    Last edited by Lord_Gareth; 2008-11-20 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

I assume you mean the first life? Let it be humans, their dreams could shape a universe even without us.

((The land isn't flat and gray anymore, I gave it color already))
    Last edited by sidhe_blooded; 2008-11-20 at 01:33 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21

I already volunteered, Dreamer. I'll get to make what I choose. You can do it next if you want, but you know the Deal - nothing new until the First are settled in. Now, quite a few of us have already taken up the mantle of Death. Who will take responsibility for the shades?

Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

That you do lady guardian, I was making a suggestion, nothing more. And which shades do you mean? There are many different shades for each light.

23. - Top - End - #23

The woman rolls her eyes.

You can call me Ami, Dreamer. We'll all need names some time. And when I say shades, I mean souls, specters, the remnants of lives once lived - dead life, in other words. We're great at the making part, but utter annihilation? Even the Rotted One would have some issues with that. We can't just leave them laying about, getting in the way and pestering us - we have to do something with them.

My extended homebrew sig

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

Why not let the mortals choose where their souls go, we each will have a realm in due time, let each mortal soul choose for themselves where to go.

25. - Top - End - #25

That's irritating and annoying. How would we know who they choose? And how will they get to where they're going without a guide? We can't all be sheperding mortals around constantly. We'd need someone to do it for us, which means one of us must do it.

Ami pauses thoughtfully.

Unless our first children are essentially immortal. We could make them do it.

My extended homebrew sig

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

Bah! Make them do it? No, I think not. They should have no fewer opportunities than the mortals we will make afterward, if we make something solely to shuttle souls back and forth then it should be an automaton, not a thinking being, where is the hope in having a single task for all eternity?

27. - Top - End - #27

Ami smiles, and her fire-opal eyes flash.

So we cut them a deal. Responsibility in exchange for power. Limitation in exchange for freedom. They take care of a few things for us, and in exchange they get a certain - authority, let's call it. As our first children, they will be very close to us already - why not let them have a taste of power in exchange for making our lives easier? The pact is fair.

My extended homebrew sig

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

Only so long as there will be no repercussions for refusal, they will still be able to live their lives out as mortals if they decline.

29. - Top - End - #29

Define 'mortal', Ami retorts mischeviously. Don't fret, Dreamer. I would never make a Deal that couldn't be changed.

My extended homebrew sig

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

Mortal as in whatever they would have been created as had you not thought of this deal. Fret? There's no fretting my lady guardian, just covering my bases.
    Last edited by sidhe_blooded; 2008-11-20 at 02:07 PM.