New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default To Frolic in Daydreams [Creature]

Inspired by the Vorpal Tribble

Eua-ia
    Size/Type: Large Magical Beast (Aquatic, Psionic)
    Hit Dice: 8d10+24 (68 hp)
    Initiative: +5
    Speed: Swim 60 ft. (12 squares)
    Armor Class: 20 (-1 size, +5 Dex, +6 natural), touch 14, flatfooted 15
    Base Attack/Grapple: +8/+16
    Attack: Slam +12 melee (1d6+4)
    Full Attack: Slam +12 melee (1d6+4) and Tail Slap +7 melee (1d8+2)
    Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Calling of the dreamers, stuff of whimsy
    Special Qualities: Blindsight 120 ft., born of dream, constant dreaming, darkvision 60 ft., listener for the song, low-light vision, whaletongue
    Saves: Fort +9, Ref +11, Will +5
    Abilities: Str 18, Dex 20, Con 16, Int 6, Wis 16, Cha 16
    Skills: Listen +5, Lucid Dreaming +10, Spot +5, Swim +8
    Feats: Weapon FinesseB, Dodge, Psionic Dodge, Psionic Fist
    Environment: Any Aquatic or Plane of Dreams
    Organization: Solitary, pair, or pod (1-6 Eua-ia and 1-3 orcas and/or 1 baleen or cachalot whale)
    Challenge Rating: 6
    Treasure: None
    Alignment: Always Neutral Good
    Advancement: 9-14 HD (Large), 15-20 HD (Huge)
    Level Adjustment: +3 (cohort)

The Plane of Dreams is said to be the most easily shaped of all the planes. Even something as minor as a daydream causes ripples to spread throughout the plane. Though daydreams tend to be fleeting, and do not last long, some find a way to live on. Unconsciously channeled by through the mysterious Whale Dream, these daydreams can be drawn into reality, given form and function. As it is the whales drawing them into reality, they take on the form of the whales’ lesser cousins–dolphins. The Eua-ia, as they are called, resembled shining, pearlescent dolphins with a long, almost serpentine tail clad in scales of every color. Naturally playful and inquisitive, Eua-ia roam the seas aimlessly, often in the company of whales, constantly dreaming. While they lack speech, Eua-ia can communicate with those tied to the Whale Dream by means of song.

Calling of the Dreamers (Ps)
    Once per hour as a standard action, an Eua-ia may sing, calling for help. In 1d10 rounds, either another Eua-ia or an orca whale arrives to aid the Eua-ia. The Eua-ia has no control over the creature it calls, but the creature is always helpful towards the Eua-ia, and fights for as long as needed before departing.

Stuff of Whimsy (Ps)
    As a standard action, an Eua-ia may project a 30 ft. cone of rainbow light, energy drawn from the Plane of Dreams. All creatures caught in the cone must make a DC 17 Will save or be charmed for 4d6 hours, taking on some of the inherent good nature of the Eua-ia and its dolphin cousins. In addition, all effects based on negative emotions cleansed from it. Effects such as a barbarian’s rage, fear effects, confusion effects, and moral-based penalties, such as from the crushing despair spell, are all immediately ended. A Eua-ia must wait 1d4 rounds before it can use this ability again. The save is Cha based.

Born of Dream (Ex):
    As a being of dream, an Eua-ia appears hazy and out of focus, such that all melee and ranged attacks are assessed a 20-percent miss chance. This 20-percent miss chance is not the same as concealment.

Constant Dreaming (Ex)
    An Eua-ia constantly exists in a dream-like state. Once per minute, it can make a Lucid Dreaming check in place of a Concentration check or Will save.

Listener For the Song (Ex):
    An Eua-ia can feel the vibrations of whale song out to 1000 feet. This range increases to several miles if underwater.

Whaletongue (Su)
    A Eua-ia can communicate with any creature possessing a tie to the Whale Dream, such as a whale, a seadreamt creature, or a both-th-th-in, through use of song.

Skills
    An Eua-ia has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. It can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. It can use the run action while swimming, provided it swims in a straight line.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Banned

Default Re: To Frolic in Daydreams [Creature]

:o OMG! Your creature, D1... It's so... so... harmless and not creepy in any way. What's up with that?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Hehe, never gets old seeing people ask that question.

Oh fine, I'll comment.
    I like the stuff of whimsy and constant dreaming abilities, really helps give it that dreamy feel.

Side note: I'm thinking the plane of dreams is my second favorite plane, right after time.
    Fizban's Tweaks and Brew: Google Drive (PDF), Thread
    A collection of over 200 pages of individually small bans, tweaks, brews, and rule changes, usable piecemeal or nearly altogether, and even some convenient lists. Everything I've done that I'd call done enough to use in one place (plus a number of things I'm working on that aren't quite done, of course).
    Quote Originally Posted by Violet Octopus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizban View Post
    sheer awesomeness

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Iames the Light
    :o OMG! Your creature, D1... It's so... so... harmless and not creepy in any way. What's up with that?
    Because the position of the baddest mother****er in the Whale Dream has already been taken up by the both-th-th-in, which ought to be getting a nuclear sidecar any day now. Anyway, what says I can't make a fun and harmless creature every now and then?
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

My personal experience, that's what.

Anyway, I think I may have finally begun the healing process from your wombmother after seeing such goodness come from you. I'm not sure, though, how this is a CR 6. It's got AC 20, signle attack for 1d6+4 damage, though that does get up to 3d6+4 with psionic fist... Hrm, tough call. I'd actually put it between a CR 4 and a CR5, though I'm horrible at judging that. Also, if the Eua-ia calls a new creature, that creature adds to the challenge rating for the encounter, right?
    Water, Earth, Fire, and Air: Benders of the Avatar world
    Monks and Rangers for a non-magical world
    Quote Originally Posted by KKL View Post
    Edition Wars and Nerd Rage destroyed Rome. Ceasar died because he was a crappy DM.
    Avatar By the amazing Mephibosheth

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Capn Seraph, of the Eighth Sea
    My personal experience, that's what.

Anyway, I think I may have finally begun the healing process from your wombmother after seeing such goodness come from you. I'm not sure, though, how this is a CR 6. It's got AC 20, signle attack for 1d6+4 damage, though that does get up to 3d6+4 with psionic fist... Hrm, tough call. I'd actually put it between a CR 4 and a CR5, though I'm horrible at judging that. Also, if the Eua-ia calls a new creature, that creature adds to the challenge rating for the encounter, right?
    Summoned creatures don't add to the CR, which is why I made this a CR 6 rather than 5.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

Okay, that makes sense. Reinforcements always make a fight far tougher than it would otherwise be.
    Water, Earth, Fire, and Air: Benders of the Avatar world
    Monks and Rangers for a non-magical world
    Quote Originally Posted by KKL View Post
    Edition Wars and Nerd Rage destroyed Rome. Ceasar died because he was a crappy DM.
    Avatar By the amazing Mephibosheth