New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation 2

Of course, Lyarin moves and scoops up the cat with his hands. This tail seems rather useful... it is a decidedly pleasant creature. Lyarin strokes the cat absent mindedly. I believe I will have to introduce the shadowkin to them. Lyarin mimes striking himself in the head. Of course! I had meant to show you them. Would you like to see them? It might be the last chance you get.
    You don't want the monster? You don't throw the switch.
    Awesome Avatar by Starwoof

2. - Top - End - #302
    Firbolg in the Playground

Raging Waves Band: Across the Land Bridge

The Raging Waves Band had established their tent city near the largest Encephaloan establishment, carrying with them many things from the main continent. Though Vasae had stayed behind in the city of Tenki, his many followers had taken control of the band, naming themselves the Dawn Council, the new leading body of the Raging Waves Band. The leader, a woman by the name of Sihi had established the center of the village to be easily navigated by who ever may come and go.

The climate and terrain were different, and every day a large number of scouts exited the city, to return with new herbs and grains. The Shikigami were nomads after all, and if there was food to be found, they'd adept to it. The Infiramy clearly showed such.

On a particuarly normal day, a scout was sent to the Encephaloans carrying a note, and a blade just to be safe.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

3. - Top - End - #303

Devil

Cryala, the Way Between

Rather disappointed that her son was taken away before she even had a chance to test it, Cryala tied her hair back up again. She turned, continuing on her task.

She walked toward the Nothingness at the End of the Universe. There she beheld the End of Existence, and looked for what she knew was there. She opened a gate to Lyasis, and there beheld the infinite end of the Entropy.

She looked around for the End, holding her hands behind her back coyly.

4. - Top - End - #304

Herrak, Limbo
    The Great Hyena began to wander the limbo, mostly in search of anything that he could catch, instead of wishing up things. He wandered around the elemental chaos for what seemed like for an eternity before anything showed up...
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll let someone else meet herrak, anyone on the limbo or something like that
    Here's something you may not have considered: being torn asunder HURTS.
    Ponified Diablo 3 Monk granted to me by Akrim.Elf, a thousand blessings be to her!

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Diablo 3 Monk avatar blessed upon me by CrimsonAngel, and his awesome art skillz.

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

5. - Top - End - #305
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Termar and Ramter
    "After this." He lifts the cat out of his father's hands and places it near the fire. As the sun begins to get low in the sky the clear sky and time of year cause the moon to be visible too, sharing the sky.

As the sun begins to dip over the horizon the cat begins to grow three shadows, one from the moon, one from the sun and one from the fire.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

6. - Top - End - #306
    Pixie in the Playground

Ice Floe, Concordance
    The dwarves had begun to construct things from the igneous that surrounded them at all times. There were many statuettes of Struthion, a species from which they gleaned great companionship, as well as statues of the first five. There were crafted statues of the slain Struthion, the one that saved their lives, as well as the dwarf who killed it. There was another statue of the first mother, as she cauterized the wound of another, as she was large with child. They also managed to carve out huts and miniature caves for dwelling. Their society was developing, slowly but surely, and they could now call their existence "living".

However, the Dwarves experienced hardships as well, struggling as they carried water from the raging seas of Oceano, spilling much as they ran it down to their cavernous domain. They drank the water, and the women and children used it for bathing, when there was enough. They had also dicovered the curious effect of combining the water with the magma, when a boy tripped and spilled his entire bucket into the flaming river. A gaseous thing rose, white like a cloud, but here on the ground where it could be touched. These ground clouds were called "steam", and the steam could be as good as bathing sometimes.

But, without a sufficient stream of water, the steam was rare.

Ataraxis; In Limbo

Ataraxis decided to return to Limbo, to survey his dwarves and their progress. The transit seemed to take some time, coming back from The Shining Path of the Clever Lady, whom Ataraxis did not get a chance to meet. Pouting, he trudged back through Limbo slowly, and stopped suddenly.

"Hmm," he spoke out loud, talking to himself, as he tended to do. "This traveling is quite bothersome for me. I am not quite so fast, as my legs are a bit smaller than the legs of others." Ataraxis continued to mosey through Limbo, pondering on this concept of getting to places, and wondered if there might be a less cumbersome way. Suddenly, he stopped again. "And, really, my dwarves would have the same problem, wouldn't they?"

He nodded, firmly. "I must devise a better way to move things. It's important for them to move, so I've got to think of something!" He scratched his beard idly. "Perhaps I should try to make my dwarves have longer legs?" He looked down at his own legs and stretched them forward a bit, checking them out. "No, no, I like the way the look too much for that..."

Then, he blinked. His attention snapped down to The Ice Floe, Concordance, and he saw his dwarves, in their attempts to domesticate the Struthion, and their feeble attempts at getting water for their "steam".

"That's it!" He shouted, pointing. "But, something's missing..." He attempted to survey the world again, scouring until he came across Shikigami, with their carts of goods. He shrugged and nodded at the same, trying to decide how he felt about it. "That's not bad, I can use that...but it raises a new question: Dwarves don't just want to transport themselves, the also want to transport their stuff."

He checked the Dwarves out again, as they crafted statues for the Struthion and plumed their feathers for them, and fed them pink squigglies from the earth.

He pulled a large sheet out of his sleeve, with a design of the Dwarven caverns on it. After reviewing it again, he rolled up his sleeves and flexed his muscles. His arms and fingers grew thicker, his chest barreled out (his belly as well) and his beard and hair became even more matted and kinked up.

"Time for work, my children." He grinned. "I have an idea."
    Spoiler
    Show
    2 AP = 14 -3 (Create Concept: Mounts/Mounted Combat Paladins) -3 (Create Concept: Civic Engineering -- Channels/Aqueducts) -3 (Raise Divine Rank: 7) -3 (Evolve Physically: +1 AP per rollover)

He glanced behind him, and noticed a whimpering dog-like thing wandering about.

"...wait. You are the awkward fox I made for Yen. What...happened?"

7. - Top - End - #307
    Orc in the Playground

Outskirts, College of Research Branch 12

(Note, this town is in the far west near the land bridge, if the Shikigami had gone very far into the interior there would be a much larger response, but assuming they haven't bypassed tons of towns, Encepheloan's are scattered all over the place.)

The creation of the camps had not gone unnoticed amongst the Encepheloan's, but it seemed as if there was no military formation or gathering amongst the Encepheloan's as the camp was being set up. Large crowds did gather, but no Encepheloan seemed like they wanted to pry into the affairs of the individuals, as they obviously were a nomadic group setting up camp to weather the night. In the day or so it took for the Shikigami to put up camp, no Encepheloan approached.

To the north the scouts they could find many areas of farmland, as well as many areas of wild oats and grains. Smiling Encepheloans would point the scout's to grain barrels, that had been in place since before the camp had gotten here. To the South beyond the town however, was a sparse woodland, with a ring of fences around it and a logging operation seemingly underway.

Upon when the group finished setting up the camp, and sending out a scout, an Encepheloan individual came out to meet them. This individual wore a strange assortment of garments, a bizzare clash of colors from yellow, to purple to orange, from light almost transparent layers of a silky material, where the colors blended into each other.

Smiling, the individual bowed low to the Shikigami scout. And then, probably to the Scout's surprise, the individual began to speak to the Shikigami in his own native finger language.

"Greetings, I am the Arivestalarium, the head of research amongst all Colleges. If you so please I will receive your note, and I would like to ask you to invite your leader and any individuals he or she wants to bring along for repast tonight so we can discuss trade relations, if that is indeed your goal. As you can see we have already set aside barrels of grain for you to use for a few days here while you get acquainted with us and our customs.

Spoiler
    Show

The Encepheloan's received information from both scouts, scrying, and Psionic Divination (Arivestalarium only, he's one of the leaders of the entire country, in terms of influence if not actual political power, as there is only really a commitee system as this moment.

Edit: I misread the tongues spell, heh, took out the whole touching thing.
    Last edited by Incendius; 2008-12-01 at 05:53 PM.

8. - Top - End - #308

The snot and spittle had arrived, and Hyenas, and their cousins the Hyenadonts and Andrewsarchids, sprang up everywhere in the material plane. They ate anything available: Small animals, like mice, cats, rabbits, to large beasts. They formed packs, but most were just for survival: There was very little trust between each animal. Hyenadonts and Hyenas usually grouped together, while Andrewsarchids usually were either on their own, or in small groups. However rarely these mighty predators sometimes lead joint packs, often getting the best portions of the kill. They were common throughout the world now, living for only food, for the sake of eating.

Spoiler
    Show
    0=3-2 (Beget Race, Herrak's Hunters) -1 (Nourish Population)
    Ponified Diablo 3 Monk granted to me by Akrim.Elf, a thousand blessings be to her!

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Diablo 3 Monk avatar blessed upon me by CrimsonAngel, and his awesome art skillz.

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

9. - Top - End - #309
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Termar and Ramter
    The shadows lengthened and darkened, as the exact point where sun and moon shone as brightly arrived the cat sneezed, and then walked off into its three shadows, two of itselves filtering out of the first.

Over the next few years each would father many litters and soon, in small numbers, its descendants would spread the world over.
    Spoiler
    Show
    2-2 Create Populous (Fortune Cats)

Termar and Ramter turned to his father. "Now".
    GNU Terry Pratchett

10. - Top - End - #310

Raging Winds Band:Outskirts

The Shikigami replied in kind in sending a diplomat. She was dressed in the standard dark high collard robes of her people. Her hair was pulled back in a braid, and a wide sash covered his eyes.

"Greetings. We are the Shikigami of the Raging Waves Band, I am Sihi the head of the Dawn Council. We have greatly appreciate the barrels of grain and food you have set aside, we have brought knowledge of cooking practices and spices from the mountain's we call home. We are interested in trade in fact, but it would be rude of us to impose upon you. Please, our tents are open and we wish to celebrate this occasion."

Yen: The Midnight Carnival

The Squat One was indeed clever, though perhaps not in a way he really knew. But there were more pressing concerns. The skies of the world stormed and that...displeased the Fox greatly...he had laid claim to the weather of the world at his birth, and others meddled with it as if it were theirs. What was more...his brother deemed the water's his and refused to share in kind, with either mortal or godly influence...

"Very well Brother...you wish none to walk upon your waters, then I shall open up my skies, my air...I shall be the Wind in mortals Sails...and they shall travel by the decree of my sister...I wonder what she will think...I will merely have to ask her."

And with a snap of his finger a large fan appeared in his hand. And with a simple wave at the mortal world, the very air began to drift and mix, air currents blended and though the skies below remained stormy, the air above would soon be filled with all sorts of...wonderous things.

And with his claim cemented on the very skies of the world, he leaned back and grinned. But it was short lived...the waiting that was involved for what was about to happen was...boring. He lounged for weeks, moaning and complaining and wandering his lavish palaces. And suddenly...an idea lit his mind once more, followed by a sinister smile.

"A Mas Corrida..."

The words hissed out of his lips, his eyes glowing almost feral in the gloom of the Midnight Carnival.

(Create Land: The Sky Sea-2, Gain Domain: Weather -2: 2 -2(1 from pantheon)=0 AP)
    My Current Works

11. - Top - End - #311
    Troll in the Playground

Lerios

Lerios had had an idea. He had an idea to make something new, something awe inspiring, something the like of which the world had never before seen. He wished to tell his brother, so they might create this together... but he did not wish to visit the Sun, and it would take too long to ask his brother to meet him... and so he edged the moon across the sky, bringing it closer to the equator, so he could converse with the Sun whilst still inside the moon...
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

12. - Top - End - #312
    Orc in the Playground

Encepheloan Researchers, Outskirts

With another bow to the ambassador, Arivestalarium replies.

"The grain was not a problem, though I must warn you not to expect much luck hunting here. There are few creatures large enough to support your bands.

We are an inquisitive people at heart, and our cooks will be gladdened by access to seasoning and new techniques, let alone the rest of our people with this beginning contact alone.

Thank you splendidly for your offer. Let us celebrate, my own people shall contribute as well. We have taken to light shows and feats of illusion and sound as an art. It is truly a wondrous sight when a dozen of us work in concert, or even a dozen in clash as is wont to happen."

Raising from a bow, a slightly distant look crosses Arivestalarium's face. When the look disappears Arivestalarium claps and says.

"There, our people are overjoyed to learn of our beginning friendship, and our artists are ecstatic at a new audience. I sincerely hope you enjoy. After the festivities, or whenever you wish, we can discuss the technical manors. But for now, we rejoice that the first contact over the bridge was made in such a peaceful manor."

Jesharad, Outside the Realm of the Moon

Arriving outside the realm of the moon, Jesharad waits in quiet contemplation. Sitting cross legged, he seems to be meditating. Like before with Yen, Jesharad has placed him self in such a way to notify Leiros that he is there, but to not intrude upon his domain. His demeanor also conveys that he would like to speak to Leiros, but that he awaits Leiros' convenience to do so.
    Last edited by Incendius; 2008-12-01 at 10:14 PM.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post
    Lerios

Lerios had had an idea. He had an idea to make something new, something awe inspiring, something the like of which the world had never before seen. He wished to tell his brother, so they might create this together... but he did not wish to visit the Sun, and it would take too long to ask his brother to meet him... and so he edged the moon across the sky, bringing it closer to the equator, so he could converse with the Sun whilst still inside the moon...
    Luumu

Luumu felt his brother's eagerness, and stretched himself across the sky to see Lerios.

He looked down on the ball of power he had sent down to Iuro so long ago and wondered what would become of it...

14. - Top - End - #314
    Troll in the Playground

Lerios

Seeing his brothers attention shift to him, Lerios redoubled his own efforts. He grew close, before noticing that his brother was looking at something... on his own continent. Curious, Lerios directed the divine gaze of his Moon toward the object the Sun was looking at... and something happened. At first it appeared to be merely a chunk of the suns power, raw and undeveloped, but as the combined power of the Sun and the Moons mighty gaze fell upon it, it became so much more. Shifting and squirming, it began to take on the aspects of it's divine creators, the massive gazing orbs of the sun and the moon... It was round, with a large eye in it's head and a terrifying visage, and tendrils sprouting from its head, smaller eyes on the ends as they waved around ecstatically, bathed in the powerful vision of the two gods.

3AP=4AP-1AP (contributed to Beholders)
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-12-01 at 09:30 PM.

15. - Top - End - #315

Raging Waves Band: Outskirts

Sihi bowed deeply

"We may deal with the business while my people set up. I assure you it will take a good deal of time to do so. We to are well versed with illusions and dance. You are in for a very special night."

Sihi smiles, motioning for a table and two chairs.

"Now then. It is customary for our people to give a gift. We give you a sample of a dish and meat from the mountains cooked in native vegetables and spices."

Another hand motion was given, a large steaming pot and two large near flat bowls are brought, each with a large mound of steaming white rice.

"We call it kari. The meat is that of wild boar. It has been cooked the whole day in a very unqiue style that is popular to our people."

The heavy lid is removed, a spicey sweet smell flooding the surronding area, a thick rich golden red sauce is then laddled out onto the rice, and several large pieces of meat are placed on top with an array of simiarly colored vegetables. A pair of long thin sticks are handed to the scout and Sihi.

"Place them like so. I am sure you will learn how to use these quickly." Sihi then demonstrats how to hold the chopstickes bowing slightly and waiting.
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2008-12-01 at 09:07 PM.
    My Current Works

16. - Top - End - #316

Devil

Cryala

With the End not there, Cryala walked back to Wanderhome, this time, stopping every three steps to pick up the trail behind her. Every time her hands found the dirt, she took it with her, but a bit of her was left behind. Through the experience, she learned how to leave part of her behind while taking the road with her.

"To know the world...is to see it."

Divine Actions: Evolve Physically. 3-3 AP, 0 AP remaining.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Orc in the Playground

Encepheloan Researchers, Outskirts

Arivestalarium sits in the chair, arranging his vestments so that they do not become crumpled. Gingerly he takes the chopsticks, looking at them for a moment before placing them in his hands in the shown manor. With an upright posture, he takes a bite of the vegetables and rice. With a slight frown, he uses his chopsticks to nudge the meat out to the side of the bowl.

"This is exquisite. We have no sauces or spices here akin to this, and our sources of vegetables are not large enough yet to be widespread. However, I truly do not wish to insult, but our race is unable to digest meat, which is why we have no stockpile of meat nor animals to provide such. If you take offense, please tell me what I can do to make up for such an error.

But besides that, I can have no complaint with this delicious meal, and thank you graciously. For future dealings, we shall arrange to recompense back with gifts of our own, as we hope for a long and mutually beneficial friendship."

Letting his chopsticks rest in the bowl for a moment, Arivestalarium continues.

"So, as you so wish, let us get down to business. The first hurdle we will have to pass is our language barrier. I am somewhat more skilled than most, as my abilities allow me to instantly communicate, but all of our race learns different languages, or any sort of information, fast. We have never been to the mainland, so we do not know what languages are used there, and our language is fundamentally different. We will be glad to teach you our language, but it may be easier for us to learn yours, or whatever is used in the mainland.

The second hurdle would be trade. In generalities, I may speak for the majority of the populace, however I am not a secular authority as such, but a widely respected person. My words carry weight, but I cannot made guiding decisions in times of peace. With that said, this only means that solidly worked out trade deals will only work if the assent of the majority of the community is gained. In most cases I do not foresee huge troubles, but I must warn you that the turnover rate for a population in a given town is often near one hundred percent over ten years, which may mean a need for constantly renewed trade deals.

However, there will be no trouble with individual trade deals, as each individual is given leave to think for themselves. Our currency is still being developed, and we would be happy to corroborate with you and the mainland in that regard. We do have laws and reprimands, so as long as it can be confirmed we can help in regards to individuals.

The third hurdle will be travel. Our society as a whole is a rather odd construct, most of our towns for example are built around colleges of various pursuits. We are well aware that for many other people's, it would not work. As such we ask that you inform us and plan with us before making any permanent settlement, so as to not unduly disturb the social dynamics.

With that said, our travel rate is so high that there is a large infrastructure in place for any travelers. Inns and assorted stores for travelers are all over our towns and countryside. For most instances our rivers will eventually take you to a town and with river maps, that may be part of our negotiations, river navigation is easy even on land. There are few extremely dangerous beasts in the lands, and the most of them are constrained to the mountains, which are formidable in of themselves.

Our main export will most likely be in the realm of knowledge and the powers inherent in the mind, but we can discuss such after we iron out the more pressing details."

Spoiler
    Show

Encepheloan Society is a pseudo democracy, there are general laws and such, but as said there is no top heavy government. It wouldn't work in a human society, but they are a quite different race of creatures, and their extreme mobility makes them open minded to change (most of the time).
    Last edited by Incendius; 2008-12-01 at 10:14 PM.

18. - Top - End - #318

Herrak, Limbo
    The Ever-Hungry ended his wandering with a scent. "Hmmm, Deliciousss" He remarked on the scent "But not from here, another place, far away, must get, must feeeed". He clawed the ground over and over until a hole into the place that the smell was coming from was ripped open. He slipped in, appearing to the Shikigami as a shooting star, landing in the lake next to a massive city. "Must go, must eeeeeat!" He hungrily said as he doggy (Hyena-y) paddled to the shore to find the source of this scent.

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

19. - Top - End - #319

Sihi: The Meeting

Sihi frowns only once at the passing of the meat, though the explaination does change her mood considerably.

"Forgive me, the error is mine. In the future we shall remember this."

Sihi then begins to eat, keeping a hand free to speak

"We have come to learn a mixed language of the many peoples of the main land, and while I do not know all of them, I can call on our people to teach you the varied languages. We are a nomadic and trade oriented people after all. Allow me to addess your....hurdles.

As for the first. As said, language is hardly a problem, you will find we are quick learners of other's languages, as we are a trade nation we seek only to understand cultures and languages so better to facilitate our trade agreements. As said as well, we will teach you the "Common" tongue spoken on the mainland, and the seperate languages as well. We propose such knowledge as our first item for trade.

The second...we are not adverse to such conditions. If you would allow us even the smallest of graces, we shall set up locations in your cities to aid in such trade agreements. We need little space truely, and any and all left behind will aid in your peoples betterment. We promise they will follow all laws and customs of your land as well.

As for the third hurdle. Please, we have many ways to reach locations, we have survived so long because of this. We can even exchange this service to you.

As for what else we have to trade. We have precious metals and gems from the main land, as well as knowledge all our own. We have powerful medications that can take away pain and others that can aid in leisure. You have sampled some of the vegetables and fruits we have for trade, and as we expand our wanderings, so to shall the things we can trade."
    My Current Works

20. - Top - End - #320
    Orc in the Playground

Arivestalarium, The Meeting

Taking a cue from Sihi, Arivestalarium continues to eat with one hand as he talks.

"I do not foresee any problems with setting up such establishments, new construction occurs all the time in our towns. I refer more to major large settlements, but even those would only require planning and foresight, more so that they can be supplied and reached easily than to an inherent outlook against them. The hurdles were in most cases minor anyway, and it seems we have resolved them.

Onto the core of our exports, examining our society and our territories we have much to offer. We have a very large grain surplus, due to that nearly our entire continent is a farmland. Several forms of our grains are unique I believe, and will make for great addition to the palate of the mainland.

Our mountains do contain gems, metals, precious metals, and perhaps most importantly crystal formations. We have not fully explored them yet for lack of need, but reasoning suggests there should many more such supplies amongst the mountains. This could also open up a labor industry for some immigrants from the mainland, as we would be happy to make joint ventures exploring the mountains and developing them.

The major export, as said, will likely be our knowledge and mental abilities. Not only in a sense of creations of magic and power, but also in the sense of educators, of travelers, and those who would sell their services; sometimes even just for the chance to travel. Knowledge is a core of our society, and in most cases we should probably be ahead of the world in that regard. We are expert organizers, efficient researchers, and often posses creative streaks that can help out in all sorts of situations.

The obtaining of knowledge, through any pursuit, is a core part of our religion and worldview, and we hope that this can in turn enrich the world outside our own."
    Last edited by Incendius; 2008-12-01 at 10:11 PM.

21. - Top - End - #321

Herrak, The Midnight Carnival, City of Ettiquete
    Herrak waded through the shore to the massive city, smelling many delicacies just waiting inside. The little fox people either ran in horror or stood in awe. He didn't want them, they were too skinny and small, but the food they had in bulk, it was AMAZING! He rifled through the restraunts, inhaling everything that seemed a bit edible. He would feast like a GOD this night!
    Last edited by Mike_the_Mystic; 2008-12-01 at 10:26 PM.

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

For a time, the Beholders roamed Iuro without rhyme or reason, dominating and devouring all in their path. In time, however, they came to favor controlling powerful things, like the predators of the land and magically gifted sentients. They developed a hierarchy, where a lone Mother, the first of the beholders, reigned over lesser beholders. These beholders all directed the efforts of other eye monsters subordinate to they, and so was the primal structure of the beholders established.

In day the powerful few would roam the land, and at night the many lesser beholders would scour the area for more food. Keeping and breeding slaves helped alleviate the pressure to find food, and the slaves were so mindless that they couldn't even contemplate revolt.

The Disciples of Luumu found the beholders and helped to organize them, tipping off the powerful beholders to wayward weaker ones who needed reminding of just where the real power was, and a class of non-dominated man-beasts arose. They entered the upper echelons of beholder society and were received by the Mother most graciously. Worshippers of Father Sun and Father Moon were but a step away from worshippers of her holiness.

In a short number of years the beholders and the Disciples of Luumu had established themselves as the grand Iuran Empire, ruled by the Immortal Empress, the Mother. Those powerful few who primarily revered the sun ventured about usually during the day, while the nocturnal masses worshipped the moon and were kept in line by 'subtle' reminders of their positions by the Disciples of Luumu.

"SO BEGINS THE AGE OF SIGHT, BROTHER!"

(0 AP = 4 AP - 3 AP (Guide Populace: Establish hierarchical Beholder Empire. They keep and breed slaves of other races, and the only non-beholders accepted are members of the Disciples of Luumu, Umbral Disciples who act as the highest tier of aristocracy's secret police and fill the rest of society's upper echelon) - 1 AP (Nourish Populace: Enough other races present to provide a stable base of slaves/food))

(Beholders created by Create Populace action: 1 Hive Mother, A hundred or so Beholders (give or take a couple dozen), and, at the bottom of the totem pole, several thousand Examiners)
    Last edited by Vadin; 2008-12-01 at 10:48 PM.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Dwarf in the Playground

WEEK TWO

The nation-state of Daryl, The Encepheloan Continent

The great Island of Daryl moved in its steady way over the seas. There was something lulling about the Daryllian lifestyle. Day by day, they would forage in the forests, and hunt for their meals- taking care to give tribute to the forest as the did so, mind you, and using all parts of the animal. In time, which great care from the Daryllians, the beaches were nursed back to health, and the waters of their lake calmed anough to let them Fish for it. Small Daryllians boys and girls dove in and out of the water for the lunch meals, and all the while the great Elder sat atop the mountain, under the Great Tree, watching it all, and the endless sea that stretched before them, as it always had.

Thus, it was to his great surprise that when he came out of his daily Speech, he saw... something, on the horizon. He watched, avidly, leaning forward as faras he could as Curiosity consumned him. Hour by hour, the speck grew, until it was not a speck anymore: It was a mountain. As the night drew, the came closer, and closer. Panic striken Dayllians flew to and fro, in fear that Daryl would strike the mountainside, but the elder just sat, and watched, fully divested into one emotion. Curiosity. And as they cleared the mountain, and all those that had been panicked breathed a sigh of great relief, and began to celebreate their victory, he flew into the air, to watch the landside from a great height.

This land was immense, with huge farmlands whose horizon stretched as far as the seas. He waited- surely, something else interesting would happen soon, and he would not miss it for the world.

Days passed, and he was fed at the tree with whatever the people could spare him. People became worried, flocked over to check if he was okay. Some sat and watched with him, but they left. They all left, eventually. And that was when he say it: he dance lights coming from those dark structures below, lighting up the sky with brilliance. That was it! What he'd been waiting for! He stood up, and shouted to his fellows: "Our isolation is over!" And he flew from his resting spot, down to the world below, with many of his fellows in tow. They gliding down towards the great city below, calling out in fake bird-calls their arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by Aergoth View Post
    He built shiny pet rocks with an edge. 'Nuff said.

24. - Top - End - #324

Yen: The Midnight Carnival

Yen watched the the world shifted once again...and noted a presence in his plane. The momentary shock of his people was enough to draw his attention, at any rate. What was more...the Sun had made his people slaves...while he understood the need of such...he would have to sort such things out.

To Luumu
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh Sun, if it would please you, my people and yours would aid one another if they to were aligned such as we. After all, they know the ways of trade, and could offer up far more slaves then they themselves could account for. Would this trade work for you?"

To the Entire Creation a messanger was sent.
    Spoiler
    Show
    GREETINGS GODS ONE AND ALL! Forgive my messangers, but I propose a small bit of entertainment to you all! A Mas Corrida, or...masked ball. The rules are as follows my dear brothers and sisters, new gods and old!

1. All those present must wear a mask. It is a masked ball after all.
    2. All gods must pick a single champion. These champions will fight for a duel of honor for our amusement. I assure you they will not die, merely a show of force instead of brutishly bashing in one anothers faces.
    3. You -MUST- enjoy yourselves. It is a party and we do not want people brigning a party down!
    4. Those are the rules. I hope to see you soon!"

And with all business aside save for the...newcomer, the plane itself shifted at the whim of the Fox Lord, the hungry creature appearing before the grand palace, just inside, a table filled to bursting with food and wine and a legion of servants, ready to refill it.

"That should hold you."

A small gong sounded, as Sihi finished her meal

"The preperations are done and waiting you and yours. We can aid you in your expiditions into the mountains. Everything seems to be in order. We both have grand things to trade one another, and if you would allow us, we shall set up stations as soon as possible.

Our main leadership is rather well organized, we know the value of proper managment one might say. Our religion is far more open then our leadership. As you will see shortly, we exalt in the joys of entertainment. It is the principle doctrine of our priests and people to enjoy ourselves as the Grinning Lord commands."

Sihi stands, extending a hand to the man. Suddenly a call whislted through the air, grabbing her attention as she stared up into the sky.
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2008-12-01 at 10:53 PM.
    My Current Works

25. - Top - End - #325
    Troll in the Playground

Lerios

Lerios would have grinned back fiercely, but his voice carried the emotions over all the same Indeed brother indeed! And like all true reigns, they must have a force that will serve them without fail and none can deny! And so he looked at the Beholders, and crafted for them great creatures. He took a beholder, and shrunk it down to the size of a large head. He plucked the tendrils from the creature, but left the crown. The shrinkage made the creature dull and open to suggestion. Into this head he bound loyalty to the Beholders, and to he and his brother, though obviously his quietest of whispers were of his own power, but they were also the ones they would heed most. He made their eyes glow with feral power, and he crafted them bodies, large and brawny that would strike fear into the mortals of the world. He gave them tremendous strength and power, and set them to the world to follow the commands of the Beholder Empire. He also secreted a number of clans into the mountains of the Shadowkin, nearest to Iuro, that would worship him and Luumu, and would raid the shadowkin from time to time. They would bring back Shadowkin slaves, and they would begin a trek to Iuro, to trade these slaves to the main Empire.

0AP=3AP-2AP (create Cyclopes) -1AP (Guide Populous, Slave Taking and Slave Trading as Cyclops societal traits, as well as Loyalty and making them very religious)

26. - Top - End - #326

Herrak, in his new favoritest place in the world ever!
    The Ever-Hungry was jovial, beyond everything and anything. He consumed everything, and then ate again, then again, and again and on and on, swallowing hundreds of gallons of wine, but always thirsty. Tons of food, but always hungry. He wanted more, and this, masked ball. This was intriguing. He looked upon the mortal world, and picked a runt. He chose it to be his champion, to rise above the rest and become huge, the largest mortal hyena ever concieved.

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

27. - Top - End - #327
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Daryllian Expedition: The Meeting

Down the the sky floated the Daryllians, laughing as the saw the tiny people below, staring up at them like little interested tree-creatures. They cooed out more calls to the low-ones, until they final fell, laughing the whole while- the elder clutching his stomach as if to keep his insides in. When they finally expelled the last breaths from their bellies, the elder began to speak in his language, while holding out a hand and smiling. "We give you the honor of being the first Others our kind has met. Daryl's leaves bless you, New Ones."

Quote Originally Posted by Aergoth View Post
    He built shiny pet rocks with an edge. 'Nuff said.

28. - Top - End - #328

Yen: Palace of the Grinning Fox

Yen strides next to the feasting god, following him as he continues to eat

"Are you enjoying yourself hmm? Is everything to your satisfaction?"

Sihi called out in the common tongue

"We accept this gift. Come down so we may gift ourselves!"
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2008-12-01 at 11:12 PM.
    My Current Works

29. - Top - End - #329

Herrak, almost too busy to talk
    "Much that and m-" He swallowed a large turkey "ore, this is the best food ever!!!!"
    Last edited by Mike_the_Mystic; 2008-12-01 at 11:18 PM.

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

30. - Top - End - #330

Week 2

Ishtara'kaxzárr The Divine Flame
    A masked party, it would properly be wise to attend to it. Ishtar thought when reviving Yen's messenger. however i am unable to leave my eggs and that seems to be causing me problems, so let us do something about that.

Ishtar draws a bit of his own blood and shape it into a draconian form, that while large is considerately smaller than Ishtar's first body, and wills part of his essence into it.

Spoiler
    Show
    0.5 =0.5 +3 rollover - 3 create avatar
    Last edited by vegetalss4; 2008-12-02 at 04:06 PM.
    Remember: Hope springs eternal. The dark days will pass and the sun will shine again.

The best way to learn something is to ask, so ask without shame.

Many thanks to smuchmuch for the awesome Ponytar.