New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation 2

Yen: The Midnight Carnival

Yen nods, giving the god a pat on the shoulder

"I have, they seem very interesting for your first work. Tell me what do you plan for them? The world is so small and isloated...but so many feet do walk the lands. Let me know your mind, even if it is simply the surface!"
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Halfling in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Opalum, the midnight canival

"You want me to spoil the surprise?" Opalum's questionning face smoothed out and once again became a smile "What can I say? Origionally I used them as a cheap way to collect souls. But I am wise enough to know that they have far more potential than that. For the ones you see, well they'll just be the start. They are alone. Think of what they could do should they co-operate..."

3. - Top - End - #753
    Troll in the Playground

Morning Star

Shrugging, the Morning Star appeared, with Ishtar in tow, above Darsis, the Dark Sea. It was a massive ocean of black "water" on which only one, volcanic, island rose above the endless sea. A massive metal gate loomed on the island, and ferry ships moved up and down a massive river that fed the endless sea itself. "This is Darsis, the Dark Sea."
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-12-24 at 09:25 AM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

4. - Top - End - #754

Quote Originally Posted by HoundDog View Post
    Opalum, the midnight canival

"You want me to spoil the surprise?" Opalum's questionning face smoothed out and once again became a smile "What can I say? Origionally I used them as a cheap way to collect souls. But I am wise enough to know that they have far more potential than that. For the ones you see, well they'll just be the start. They are alone. Think of what they could do should they co-operate..."

Yen gives a wider grin before taking a step back and turning on his heel

"It is best for mortals to do that. They are all so disconnected its almost painful to stare down into the world and see them fight amongst themselves! Do you ever wonder why the gods of virtue and good have such a hard time? Becase they want their people to work to their own ends all at once! Because of that they are pulling against the work horse at all ends and can not move!"
    My Current Works

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ogre in the Playground

The shadowkin had wept for the first generation, and now they were merely despondent. They were shells of their parents, devoid of most all life and vitality. Their wills were so easily dominated that the eye-beams almost never had to be used.

Luumu was pleased.

Soon, all the good in the world would succumb to his might...

0 AP = 3 AP - 3 AP (Raise DR to 9)

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions to raise DR: Those 4 pestilences

Still 2 ahead on next DR-up with 1 last pestilence and a Create Organization

6. - Top - End - #756
    Troll in the Playground

Lerios, The Moon

Lerios's shadow form condensed and shifted, the shadows bubbling together. His form seemed to dissipate and then reinstate itself as a shifting cloud of shadows, from which a number of red pinpricks gleamed forth. The moons glow that was his own grew more powerful, suffusing himself and bubbling over into the world below, the moon lighting it further than it had before.

He looked down at his first creations, and was pleased. They had grown more powerful, and now with the help of Lord Fox's people they extended their influence beyond the Emerald Crown. He might have grinned if his current form still held a mouth, but instead his eyes merely glinted with mirth. He extended a shadowy tendril forth, and drew into himself a piece of what he had given them. It had changed, it had been made different... better. His moons glow increased slightly once again, then returned to the way it had been, but it pulsed ever so slowly attuning itself to his first children as they had been attuned to it.

Lerios felt something. The Sun pulsed with power, power now that much greater than his own. The shadow-Lerios hissed in anger. He would not be outdone by his brother. He drew into himself the power of the Moon, and, like an ameoba that has become fat with food, a second moon split off from the first, reducing the size of the original, which had slowly grown over time, and creating a smaller secondary moon, leaving both moons perfectly intact and circular. This one was a shadowy orb, and it was covered in staring eyes. It had one eye for every race, each eye represented a race's eye, and would shift constantly to represent all the colors of that race's eyes. This would be known as the Moon of Kinds, and sages and mystics would seek to attain insight from each of the eyes about the race it represented, as each eye would watch it's own race diligently, never blinking, always seeing.

0AP= 9AP-3AP Evolve Physically, -2AP Gain Portfolio Element, Cunning, -3AP Gain DR, now DR 8 -1AP Mold Land, create smaller second moon from the first.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-12-24 at 12:01 PM.

7. - Top - End - #757

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post

"It is best for mortals to do that. They are all so disconnected its almost painful to stare down into the world and see them fight amongst themselves! Do you ever wonder why the gods of virtue and good have such a hard time? Becase they want their people to work to their own ends all at once! Because of that they are pulling against the work horse at all ends and can not move!"
    Opalum, the midnight carnival

"A good way to put it. I myself always thought of the supposedly good Gods as... well, if we are all children, and reality our nursery, then they are the kind of children who selfishly refuse to share their toys with every one else, not realising that doing so is like using a feather to stop a storm." Opalum opened up several "windows" which displayed vampires across the material plane. "And as for co-opperating, well, this should be interesting..."

Vampires, the material plane

At first vampires were solitary creatures, their only desire being to survive. But several felt ambition to be something greater than this. They gathered other vampires around them, and with the help of Opalum who whispered in their ear at night, they formed a network throughout the lands, a sinister syndicate that hid from the eyes of the living, protected it's members, and even corrupted the most weak-willed rulers of cities, who would placate the syndicate's desires. This syndicate became known among it's members as the Vein.

Spoiler
    Show

2 AP = 1 AP + 3 AP (Roll over) - 2AP (Create organization- the Vein). OCC- The Vein is an organization dedicated to gaining power and allowing it's members to feed in peace. Effectively it is the "skeleton" of what could end up becoming the vampire government.
    Last edited by HoundDog; 2008-12-24 at 02:03 PM.

8. - Top - End - #758

Yen walks off into the distance, waving a hand behind him, his tell tale laugh hanging in the air

"Go and watch your children Opalum. They will be your pride I am sure. When you have the time. Speak to the other Skylords. It will be...an enlightening exercise."

Yen walked into his private chambers, lounging down upon one of the many couch's he had that populated the small smokey room, picking up a hose from one of the ornate hookah's that hung from the wall.

"The world is so barbaric....let us....help them"

Yen then gazed down to his people in the city of Tenki where mining had slowly begun into the mountain that sat as the chair to their mighty civilization. The iron they found slowly made its way to the crafters, and with the divine insight of their God, they looked to their brozne and bone weapons. And an idea sprung into their mind.

The first weapon was a long and sharp thing, a snake like body made of blades that could connect to form a single sword. The weapon was known as the Fox Tail.

(Create Concept-Ferrous Metallurgy -3: 3 AP- 3 AP= 0 AP)
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2008-12-24 at 05:47 PM.
    My Current Works

9. - Top - End - #759
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ishtar the dark sea

this seems like a grim place, not very fitting for one of my daughters. also it do not really look like it would need a ruler as Ishtar spoke he felt that his people would need strength soon, both their own and his, thus both he and they where stronger, much stronger.

Spoiler
    Show
    0=9 -2 nourish populence (dragons) -1 nourish populence (gnomes/kobolds of the divine flame) -3 advance rank 7 to 8 -3 advance rank 8-9
    Remember: Hope springs eternal. The dark days will pass and the sun will shine again.

The best way to learn something is to ask, so ask without shame.

Many thanks to smuchmuch for the awesome Ponytar.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Troll in the Playground

Morning Star

The Morning Star got a puzzled look on his face. "I don't really see what you mean, I've seen more depressing views on the Material plane, overlooked by your same daughters. As per it's ruler, all the layers need rulers, to make sure everything runs smoothly."

11. - Top - End - #761

Ishtar the dark sea

i suppose you got a point, through our definition of depressing must differ quite a deal. now would you mind showing me the city?
    Remember: Hope springs eternal. The dark days will pass and the sun will shine again.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Troll in the Playground

Morning Star

He shrugged, and they appeared in a small bustling town. Crates and cages of various creatures, intelligent and otherwise, were brought aboard ships to be ferried upstream, as ships arrived to receive cargo, and to disgorge "passangers" and different devils. Devils went to and fro performing varied different tasks, and as the Morning Star appeared a pair of Bone Devils snapped to attention, before turning back and gesturing angrily, barking out harsh commands in Infernal to lesser devils, though the eyed Ishtar warily. "This is the Port City of Danash"

13. - Top - End - #763

Jiang Shi(City of the Dead): Second Continent

The Second city of the Shikigami had spread out in the plains and rivers. The first shipment of the iron weapons had started, the quality had been much improved since the first batch that had turned to slag in their trail versions on the creatures that dwelled the otherwise region. The city itself began their mass production of the weapons. New weapons meant better trade. Better trade meant more power over the other races. More power meant safety in the dark times the world was in. Enemies existed against them, and they knew it. They began to keep to the shadows in other’s cities, their business’s and operations slowly becoming nothing more then a face for the other operations they kept to. Only in the far flung lands of the En’s did they not attempt to hide the minor things they did. Magic and its secrets had been shipped to the main city of Tenkai, and Tenkai itself had grown and expanded into the dried out veins of iron, using the land as store rooms.

Another strange occurance had begun. Vast numbers of haflings had been going missing, their horses and ponies taken for sales.
    My Current Works

14. - Top - End - #764

Ishtar, the city of Darnash

Ishtar looks around and take it all in before focusing his sight on the "passengers"

Spoiler
    Show
    what do he see? remember Ishtar will focus on those who have it hardest, also are there any souls here at all?

15. - Top - End - #765
    Dwarf in the Playground

Atheos: Somewhere

Atheos had been doing some observing, and was amazed at the state of the world. It was filled with conflict however there was no localized area that was so terribly wrought that it was in need of direct divine intervention. He considered all the races he had seen but realized that none of them were appropriate to be his first disciples. Many of them were stubborn, many more overly zealous, and even more overly conflictual. No, he would find none on this land created by his predecessors. So he began to make his own.
    Seriously. Do it.

Life is hard, life is harder when you're stupid
    Monkey Sword Fight!
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ogre in the Playground

The gnomes in the south heard about the knobolds to the north, the ones across the sea, the ones who followed the Grand Dragon Ishtar, Mother of Lies. It was rumored the knobolds rejected the sun and moon and found the celestial bodies repulsive: this was an atrocity.

They began to recruit more gnomes into the Holy Order of the Dragonslayers, and they prayed to whoever would hear them for the strength to begin their assault. The unbelievers would be converted, that was certain; what was less certain was how- dragons were horrendous monsters filled with unholy strength, and while mortal armies might be destroyed by the gnomes, those beasts encountered en masse would be much more difficult.

17. - Top - End - #767

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post

Yen walks off into the distance, waving a hand behind him, his tell tale laugh hanging in the air

"Go and watch your children Opalum. They will be your pride I am sure. When you have the time. Speak to the other Skylords. It will be...an enlightening exercise."
    Opalum, the midnight carnival

"I'm sure it will be" muttered Opalum, not really caring if Yen heard him or not. Taking one final look around at the midnight carnival, he said "See you soon Yen". A mortal wouldn't have heard that, but Opalum knew from past experiance that Yen was in the habit of hearing words meant for him on his own plane.

Opalum shifted to the void, and created a herald for himself, a creature with features of both spider, snake and centipede, with a beautiful voice and lightning reflexes. Looking at his creation, he said "You'll do." before sending it on it's first errand, delivering a message.

To Lerios

Spoiler
    Show
    "Greetings, I am Opalum, the one who was favoured by Yen. May I speak with you? Yen has suggested that I speak with you on certain matters."

Spoiler
    Show
    6 AP = 2 AP + 1 AP (half roll-over) + 3 AP (Christmas gift AP, see OCC thread) - 0 AP (create herald)
    Last edited by HoundDog; 2008-12-26 at 04:22 PM.

18. - Top - End - #768

Devil

Cryala

Cryala was saddened that her request to speak was being ignored. She turned her attentions to the mortal realm, wondering what needed to be done today.

She hated slavery. It was such a perfectly stupid concept, petty gods thinking to enforce their will upon others. However, she did not wish to ignite an all out war with the Sun and Moon over that, so she merely did something lesser.

Members of her order learned of hidden passages, methods to deceive their horrible overlords. The world sculpted itself into natural wonders full of water, fertile land, creating hidden paradises too small to sustain villages, but large enough to support animals and people peaceably. Powerful magic of peace permeated the place. They were private seclusions for a little while. Any who tried to take advantage of it by staying found that the magic quickly wore off to those who were static. And she found that she grew stronger in the chaos.

Spoiler
    Show
    Teach Populace (Members of Cryala's Order, Escaping Slavery) - 2 AP (I'm not sure if this counts as a counter action, I am paying for it as if it is. Please let me know if it isn't). Mold Land (Creating Traveler's Gardens) - 1 AP, Nourish Land (Traveler's Gardens) - 1 AP, Pestilence (People Who Stay At the same Traveler's Garden's for more than 2 nights in a row, or more than 5 nights in any three months) - 1 AP. Raise Divine Rank to 7 and evolving physically - 6 AP.

AP: 12-11 = 1

19. - Top - End - #769
    Troll in the Playground

Lerios, The Moon

Sitting in the Moon of Kinds absorbing information about the varied races, Lerios receives the message and grins. He sends a message in return.

To Opalum:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Ah yes, Yens... ally, I presume? Well, come to my new moon and we shall talk"
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-12-26 at 04:54 PM.

20. - Top - End - #770

Yen wandered the streets of the Midnight Carnival. The Planes had been more and more active as of late. And that was ok! He simply adored the activity, never a dull moment for the God of Air and Trade. The Shikigami had been making weapons, better ships, even better homes with the iron he had shown them how to create. All the while the other gods had noted the goings ons of the Sun and soon he was sure The Moon. He didn't care that the Goddess of Travel had created havens for the creatures his people traded. In fact, it meant they would only have to trade -more-. And that was delicious, more filling then a good stew, better tasting then the greatest drug, and far more pleasing then even the succubi of the Eternal Heavens.

But the goings on's of mortal races did little to please him. The Shikigami were doing so well. He wanted other playthings. He desired more toys. His greed knew no bounds as he gazed upon the world. Everything in it may belong to the other gods. But they needed things. And that is what he owned.

He then reached into the void, tearing it into a fabric, covering himself in the night of the space's between the worlds, his hands delved deep into Divine Flame, taking its blue flame and doted the garmant with the twinkling of its light, his corrupting and twisted magic tainted the flame, it growing a deep verdant green like a thousand points of emerald. His fingers then carried away metal from the veins in the earth, glowing liquid hot before solidifying into dark wicked claws. His form, the form of the wind twisted and screamed as his form was drapped by the mantel of night and of the wicked light. And when the new clothing fell, his true form was laid bare, a massive fox with nine cruel tails flicking in the air like serpents, his muzzle dripping with opium and wine, splattering to the floor like a viscous rain. His eyes burned in their sockets, twin lanterns of lust. And just as he had revereted to his original form, his form shifted back into that of the Grinning Lord, the tails of his grand robes tipped with the black night he draped himself in.

To all other eyes that peered into his realm, the instant he revealed his true form the eye's of the whole plane went blind. The clouds grew thicker and the rain heavier. No eyes ever saw the Fox. No eyes ever will. The Fox is the only sight resereved for the Grand Creator's eyes, and those he would truly call Ally.

No matter what other gods said, Yen was a god of love. A love of everything. A lust even. He could only grin as he leaned back against the noodle shops chair.

(5 AP-3 AP-2 AP=0: Evolve physically, Gain Portfolio Illusion)
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2008-12-26 at 06:53 PM.
    My Current Works

21. - Top - End - #771
    Troll in the Playground

Lerios, the Moon of Kinds

As he waited for Yens pet project, Lerios soaked in the information he received from the Moon of Kinds, and smiled. someone thought to conceal the free-making of slaves, they obviously had not taken the sight of the moon and the sun into account. Lerios considered. There were many such secrets in the world, waiting to be exploited... why should he be the only one to benefit?

He gave a directive the shadowy folk, followers of his own, members of the Shikigami, the Kobolds and Gnomes, of the Halflings and of the Beholders and Cyclopes, of all the races. He whispered into their minds, and connected them to one another, so that their contacts were spread over all the world. He taught these people to hide in the shadows, as well as plain sight. They were shadowy and secretive, and would meet with contacts in the dead of night when the moons were dark. They were rogues, drug dealers, information brokers and assassins. They would deal in secrets and lies and information. Any who discovered them, whether he be king or peasant, would soon disappear. None would know of them, and thus none would oppose them. They would deal with anything from Angels to Devils to Dragons to Mortals. Any who wished to deal with them would know only of the face they wore. To the world at large they were a criminal organization known as the "Jokers Mask", and they were lead by an influential Shikigami crimelord known only as Soran. To themselves, they were known as the Illuminati, and they were lead by Herringard, the leader of Lerios's church.

[5AP=7AP-2AP Create Organization, the Illuminati. They deal in Information, secrets, and anything else they find profitable. Anyone who finds out the true nature of their organization will be made to "disappear". They operate under the guise of the notorious and secretive "Jokers Mask" Crime Cartel]

22. - Top - End - #772
    Ogre in the Playground

Luumu saw Cryala's deeds...

...and he cared not. Those who were strong enough of will and body to contemplate escape and even attempt to follow through were hardly worth keeping. They were far too much trouble.

Letting go...

How foreign a concept this was to Luumu, the god of the Sun, the god of Incarnum, the god of Undead.

He felt himself...stronger.

He had grown, certainly.

The balance between Law and Chaos would have to be maintained if he were to grow. Cryala's actions had reminded him of this.

He had plenty of Law, but he her sort, Chaos, as well. Very well, thought the Sun, I'll just have to do something wild.

And so a plague swept the gnomes of the southern continent, the Southern Hands, and the gnomes who lived there were prone to being born with a touch of magic about them. They knew not how these things happened, but they knew them to be the gift of the Sun. Some felt the sun's lightness, some his weight. Some his order, some his freedom. Some his flame, some his sweat. A few even claimed the touch of his demons, and even fewer the touch of his angels. All, however, felt the Sun's call. And for this he blessed them with grace, strength, and fortitude.

2 AP = 7 AP - 1 AP(Nourish Populace: Gnomes on Southern Hand (henceforth referred to as Sun Gnomes) gain access to Heritage feats from Planar Handbook) - 1 AP(Create Subrace: Sun Gnomes) - 3 AP (Raise DR from 9 to 10)
    Last edited by Vadin; 2008-12-26 at 09:47 PM.

23. - Top - End - #773

WolfInSheepsClothing

Opalum, the void

Opalum shifted to the new moon of Lerios, careful not to intrude too much, but still enough to show that he was there.

24. - Top - End - #774

Elohimexâl the divine flame

even through Elohimexâl where Ishtar's son and thus his own being, he were also Ishtar's avatar and thus part of him. Therefore when Ishtar decided to sing he where able to do so, even through he didn't want to do it in the dark sea. So he sang through his son, sang of power. The song awakened the essence of The Divine Flame, and by the same time the essence of fire everywhere. The spirits of The Divine Flame, would serve Ishtar, mostly by offering his power to the mortals, and he was stronger for it.

Spoiler
    Show
    =9(Christmas gift) -2 Create populace (fire elementals, fire elemental creatures and half-celestial versions of both (note: the half-celestial versions, are spirits of The Divine Flame, not children of an angel and a fire elemental, other note: said spirits have at at least as much Int as their Dex, unless it would normally be higher-2 create concept innate magic(warlock and sorcerers (can be any alignment, but they have a tendency to slowly become good) -2 Guide populous(everone knows of the pacts that Ishtar offers, when in need(details in homebrew) -3 advance rank

25. - Top - End - #775
    Troll in the Playground

Lerios, The Moon of Kinds

As Opalum enters his realm, Lerios whispers into the void, and then calls out to Opalum. "Come friend of Yen, let us discuss what you wished to discuss"

Morning Star

The "Passengers" were mostly merchants and traders of various races, who seem to making their way, quickly, to the large door on the other side of the city. A number of lesser Devils also pile out, and they pull empty cages and more boxes out of the returning ships.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Titan in the Playground

A newcomer entered the Wanderhome, stepping sedately through the ever-changing flux. Flowers grew in its wake, before transmuting into strange shapes under the influence of the plane.

The White Stag sought out Cryala in her home. When it found her, it spoke to her.
    "Greetings, my Lady. My Lord apologises for his tardiness in answering your call. He tells me that he has discovered a great hunter in his lands, and he suspects that the Moon is trying to irk him. He will be with you as soon as he has dealt with the situation."
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

27. - Top - End - #777

Ishtar
    I appear to have been blocking one of your streets. My apologies Ishtar suddenly says as he notices that the tip of his tail had blocked the main square. he then follows the travelers with his sight looking to see what are behind the large door

28. - Top - End - #778
    Troll in the Playground

Morning Star

As the large gate opens, a large city street is revealed, in the center of a massive bloated city, where merchants of all races and a number of devils, demons, and Yugoloths as well even some Angels, haggle, sell, and buy anything you could imagine, from weapons, to strange materials, from mementos, to souls. Nothing is not for sale in the city of Cullis.

29. - Top - End - #779

Ishtar

Ishtar's gaze fixes upon the souls that are traded. What are they doing over there he says with a dangerous undertone

30. - Top - End - #780
    Troll in the Playground

Morning Star

Fixing an eye upon the place in question, and raising an eyebrow quizzically, the Morning Star shrugs. "I believe they're bartering, though one of them might have some coins on his person... if the other one even takes coins that is. So I'd say the safest bet would be 'bartering'... why do you ask"?