New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation 2

Bhareld and Jesharad, The Astral Plane

We shall unite in this effort, then! We shall teach them to gain education and knowledge. I shall also teach them the concept of good and evil, so that they may organize themselves. They will learn the concepts of good and evil, and of cause and effect. They shall be taught in all manner of topics. We should also introduce them to the possibility for gaining formal education.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

Oceanus... The sea. I guess.

Moon. For one that is so high in the sky, entitled to see so much, your blindness is unamusing. Look bellow the surface, the seas vibrate with life.

Oceanus is a like bucket of cold water. A big bucket. The biggest bucket.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dayo, to Lyarin, above the Mountains of the Shadowkin

Dayo grinning childishly, his scales turning a crayon-yellow, as he drew several magical items from his pack. The most common of them, was a sword: a strange sword, only sharpened where a half-moon broke away from the main unsharpened stem. But they were also amulets, and armor-pieces, and many other Things-That-Spoke. "Take the ones that your people would like, good sir!"
    Last edited by Reath; 2008-11-23 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aergoth View Post
    He built shiny pet rocks with an edge. 'Nuff said.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

Lerios

If Oceano could see Lerios it would almost be as if... Lerios decided to change that. He crafted a form for himself, a form made from the subtle moonbeams and a piece of the moon itself, which quickly filled in, and the darkness and shadows that surrounded the moon. It took but a few moments, and when he was finished the form was as he wished it. It was tall, with legs that bent backwards, it had fur the color of the moons light, it bore the features of a number of animals, including a wolf, a panther, a bear, a boar, a rat, a crocodile, a shark, and bird. In the center of it's forehead a massive eye stared forth, the eye was the dark blue of a night sky not yet fully realized. It bore a cloak that seemed to be made of darkness of the night itself. It was seemingly a window to the night sky instead of cloth, for as it fluttered the scene changed, as if you were merely looking at the sky through a cape-shaped opening, that kept moving. At his hip he bore long rapier, chased with silver.

His form complete, Lerios waved his hand dismissively and shook his head, ah that was much better. No no, I mean the water itself. Indeed I can see the life that flits and swims through the briney deep, but the water itself is tepid and still. This seems wrong.

1AP=4AP-3 Evolve Physically.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-11-23 at 10:54 PM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lyarin, above the Mountains of the Shadowkin, with Dayo
    Lyarin procured a spear and a strange looking staff for his people from the bag and then promptly saw fit to send the errant godling on his way. Be on your journey godling, and I warn you, I will not have so light a hand if you should decide to enter my children's lands without due notice.
    Last edited by Aergoth; 2008-11-23 at 09:56 PM.
    You don't want the monster? You don't throw the switch.
    Awesome Avatar by Starwoof

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dayo, Mountains of the Shadowkin to The Ocean.

Dayo nodded cordially, his skin turning a soft white. "I'll keep that in mind, sir." With that, he flew away, flitting on the wind once more, his skin turning orange as she tried to think of a new destination. He decided, in the end, that the sea was so vast as full of water that it ought to have life he could give his gifts to. And with that, he rode the winds until he was gliding over the sea, peering into it's depths to see what he would see.
    Last edited by Reath; 2008-11-23 at 10:05 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

Oceanus... Hmm... There.

Oceanus rose from the primeval seas (actually the Limbo) as a twisting maelstrom topped by a vague humanoid torso, head and arms, with a crow, pauldrons and wristguards of ice.

The water flows, ever. What is it you wish? For the oceans to shake and quake. Nothing but calamity and devastation ensues when the land rumbles. The oceans shall not move.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Lerios

Lerios shakes his cyclopean head. The water god was being stubborn, odd for one who claimed to rule over something ever-shifting. You misunderstand. You most of all should know that the earth and the sea are not the same. The way it would move would be... well, how about I demonstrate? Lerios reached down with the power of the moon and began to move the oceans, carefully moving the seas in a pattern that was hard to perceive with the eye, at least an eye unlike his.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

Oceano. Well, Limbo.

Indeed. Water and Earth are not the same. The waters, rampaging with no control are much more destruc-

Then Lerios started moving his seas.

INSOLENT! STOP IT IMMEDIATELY!

Oceanus pulled the sea back to a mostly still form.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

Lerios

The wolf-bird-bat-panther-rat-bear-shark-alligator-??? THING snarled deep in it's throat, it's feathers ruffling, it's fur raising and it's scales glowing with anger. With its beak-muzzle it squawk-roared-snarled at the sea god. You blind FOOL. Even in your element you can't see what I aim to do. Truly all those but my brother and I are blind as mewling babes!

He attempted to rest control back, subtly undermining the stillness and once again creating patterns of flow and wash that would effect the seas and keep them from growing dangerously still.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

Oceanus

INSOLENT! ARROGANT! You wish to see the wrath of the waters?! So be it!

Oceanus howled like a storm, and the seas rumbled as their furious lord shook the surface with untol violence, sending tidal waves to the corners of the world.

It is a bad, bad thing to be in the shores right now.

On the plus side. Oceanus lost track of the fight for a bit, and with this suden gout of violence, the seas will probably not be still for some time.

(-1 AP: Pestilence. Titanic tidal waves cashing against the shorelines of the world.)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

Lerios

Lerios raised his hand to voice a complaint, but thought better of it and closed his mouth, and lowered his hand. Well, this was more than he would have liked, but as always the sea would eventually halt in it's rampage and return... to normal... hmm, something would have to be done about that. And so he created a tether from the moon to the seas, not a true tether, but a divine and magical one, invisible to all eyes, save for his own, and possibly his brothers if he cared to look. The purpose of this tether, was that whenever the seas became too calm the moon itself would move closer to the world, making the tether looser, and causing the seas to move and shift, though not nearly as fiercely as now, and when the oceans became too shifting, so as to avoid suspicion, the moon would move farther away, tightening the tether and making the oceans stiller, though still allowing them some movement.

0AP=1AP-1AP Mold Land I suppose.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-11-23 at 11:35 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Firbolg in the Playground

Small Shikigami Tent Community: The Shore

They had just grown accustomed to the waves and the sea salt in the air, several had died from the wet cold air, but they had figured the worst had passed. They were wrong.

Many more died as the sea's pitched and swayed, several entire large tents being swept away by the power of the waves. The head of The Twilight Branch for this village, Vasae, watched in terror as where their camp had been not hours before was completly swept away.

"We are the Raging Waves Band now....we will make those waves ours when the time is right."

The rest of the people watched him like he was insane.

Yen on the other hand, was even more delighted.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dayo, Above the Ocean

Dayo fluttered in the ocean air, flapping his wings as hard as he could ina simply attempt to stay alive, and not get plunged to the bottom of the ocean by one of the huge waves crashing all around him. With one glorious flap of his wings, he just barely cleared a tidal waves upper ledge.

He drifted over the clouds quite contentedly after that, tired, but safe and well above the raging seas. He happily alighted himself ontop of a mountain sticking it's great form just barely above the clouds. There he sat, and noted the growing tree next to him. As he slept under the tree, he wondered what he could do to repay this plant for it's favorable shade.
    Last edited by Reath; 2008-11-23 at 11:43 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75

Devil

Cryala, The Way Between, Lady of Coming and Going

In existence came form, and in form came shape. Shape defined an object, and it was important. Yet equally more important was that shape defined what was not. And where what was, what not was not, and where what was not, that was where what not was.

What not could have been anything except for what was. And for what was to exist twice, there must have been what not between them. Form came first, and distance was second. Size was irrelevant, existence and distance were the two core concepts. Gods were gods of shape. Cryala was not. Cryala was the god of what was between.

It is incredibly hard, for something that was not to birth a patron that was, which then assumed control over that which was not. Yet Cryala was Cryala, and certainly was.

Cryala knew substance of herself and knew that distance was her province. She looked and smiled upon the distance. The distance was hers.

EDIT (Actions): She looked upon those who were suffering upon the beaches with the sea's wrath. It was sad to her, that such people would rather stay and be slaughtered by the ocean's waves. She rested her hand upon the ground, and swept it aside to create the First Road. She came to them in their dreams, speaking to them to travel. Discover the simple joy of a new place.

I think that it is a mold land to make travelways, and a guide populace action, right? Sorry Sea God!
    Last edited by Sicarius; 2008-11-24 at 12:18 AM.

16. - Top - End - #76

the dragons of the shinig scale, the martial plane
    The dragons see the pligth of the Shikigami and remembers the words of their creator, and decides to help them. they fly down to those chaugt in the water, and carry them higher up of the mountains, where they can be safe from the oceons wrath.

Ishtar and Tlem, the Divine Flame
    Tlem we will have to countinue this talk some other time, as my son just have been hatced.Ishtar says and starts walking over to the egg as he gets over to the shell he is meet by Trizz'nauroian. She informs Him that Daya has left for the matial plane, so he speaks then go to him and bring him back. I wich to speak to him yes father

Trizz'nauroian and Dayo, Above the Ocean
    Trizz'naurorian flies down to the sleeping Dayo and speaks to him, with a soft voice
    Dayo awken your father wishes to see you
    Remember: Hope springs eternal. The dark days will pass and the sun will shine again.

The best way to learn something is to ask, so ask without shame.

Many thanks to smuchmuch for the awesome Ponytar.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dayo awoke with a start, thankful again for the tree, for it's branches were not so low that they hit hit head. Dayo gaped at the great dragon-creature: he'd never seen her before, only 'seen' her from inside his egg. And, she was impressive. After only a moments pause, his skin flared up red, then a hardened blue. "Yes, Trizz'nauroian." He said, speaking the Draconic language fluently. "I'll go and see father, of course. I'd rather hoped to speak to him, myself, actually." With that, he spurted into the air, sack in tow, and crossed the planes into the Divine Flame. "Father?" He called, searching around with squinted eyes.
    Last edited by Reath; 2008-11-24 at 03:11 AM.

18. - Top - End - #78

Ishtara'kaxzárr and Dayo the Divine Flame
    yes my son ishtar answers with a stern glance, that quilky melts away into a smile and the pride of a parent. I am glad you came. I know that you have taken the name Dayo for yourself, it is your rigth. However as your father it is my Duty and my privilege to give you your truenameIshtar then bows down to his son ear and whisper your name is Dayóläthan now tell me, what you think of the world now that you have seen it? Ishtar says with a soft voice as he lays down so that his head are in plane with his son
    Remember: Hope springs eternal. The dark days will pass and the sun will shine again.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dayo, In the Divine Flame

Dayo nods eagerly to his fathers approval, skin turning a shining gold throught the conversation. "I"m honored, father, that you would tell me my, ah, truename, and that you want to hear my opinions..." Dayo glances around the plane of Divine Flames, seeing the dragons in flight.
    "This is truly the most wondrous place of all the planes, father, because it's so alive, and it's creatures are so intelligent." Dayo nods at that, then turns and collapses onto his les, sitting cross-legged before his Father. "I've met the god of fire, and though he seems to be an angry one- an anger that gives him personality, which I enjoy- he can be quite generous if you pay the proper respects, and honor his great Flame. He granted me this!"
    Dayo tapped a scale on his chest which stood out from the rest: It shone out a light, strong and bright. "The god of Entropy is a very restricted fellow, but I feel happy that he was willing to accept my gifts, even if he didn't want me to come and go as he pleased." Dayo glanced down at the flames for a moment, as if trying to stare through them, his scales a deep blue of shame. Then, they relit again, as he came upon another subject.
    "The god of ocean has a temper to match the Sun, father! He is very protective of his oceans, and I enjoy that, but he doesn't pay much heed for his actions, something which does not make me -as- happy. But, much of the land is still wonderful and pristine, and I'm happy I was able to give my gifts!"
    With that, his eyes alit to match his scales, which had turned from yellow to golden. "I'll show you the toys!" He took his bag, and began to draw wondrous creation of metal and jewel from it, each resonating with a unique personality.
    Last edited by Reath; 2008-11-24 at 03:42 AM.

20. - Top - End - #80

that is good to hear my son, however you seem to have misunderstood something.You see i am the god fire, the one that gave you the flame is called Luumu.Ishtar says a little wounded you should bevare of his gifts, as there often are a hidden price to pay. However his brother Lerios is the one you should truly avoid, as he his traps are more subtle and thus harder to avoid. ishtar contiunes but then his face ligth up in a grin but let us not speak of such dark things but instead enjoy this time togetter, let me see those toys of yours, they seem to be wonderfully made
    Last edited by vegetalss4; 2008-11-24 at 04:27 AM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dayo's scales turned grey during his fathers speech, horrified at the mistake he'd made. Even the mention of his wonderful 'Toys' didn't lift him from the grey. "I'm sorry, Father, honest! It was a mistake, I meant to say he was the god of the Sun, I swear!"

22. - Top - End - #82

I belive you my son. Belive and forgive, think nothing of it. however remember my warning. Ishtar says with a soothing voice and a reassuring look in his eyes.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Dusk, an as-yet unclaimed part of the material plane

As the light of the sun slowly faded away to be replaced b the deep blue of night, incarnum flowed and pooled together. Gold from one side, the spirit of the sun. Warm and nurturing, lifestuff. Midnight from the other side, the spirit of the moon. Cold and twinkling, like and yet unlike the golden soulstuff from the west. The two colours swirled around each other, forming a small column. The column changed, shifted, becoming a huge flower. The flower opened, and a man stepped out. Naked to the waist, his skin was traced with swirding designs in a colour that was neither blue nor gold, but somewhere in between, shifting depending on how the light caught it. His hair hung to his waist, and his ears were pointed, the tips reaching nearly to the top of his head.

Rendirllyn looked around at the bare landscape. "It is too dry, too empty. I must fix this."

He sat down, cross legged on the ground, and plucked a stem from the plant that had given him life. With a thought, holes formed in the stem, and it became hard and woody. Puting it to his lips, he blew, his fingrs moving over the holes. The sound that emerged was sweet and plaintive, haunting. Though it wa not loud, the sound could be heard throughout the plane, every being hearing a soft, wistful melody in their ears. As he played, his eyes closed, shoots began to pierce the ground. They grew to saplings, then trees, then mighty, towering bastions of nature. Rendirllyn stood up, his tune finished. The forest was good. He had made it so.

"A place like this needs life. It is not meant to be silent."

Putting the pipe o his lips again, he played, this time a faster tune. Plants unfurled once more, each one disgorging an animal as the large plant in the centre of the clearing had disgorged him. Woodland creatures of every variety, from mice to rabbits to wolves to bears, streamed from the undergrowth, going to make their new lives. In the hotter regions many legues to the south, life also formed, though here it was different. Frogs in bright colours, monkeys and apes, tigers, all stepped out of the flowers and began their life.

The tune changed again, still audible by every being, to a merry jig. As it did, the unfurling plants changed also. The creatures that stepped out of these were humanoids also, similar to Rendirllyn himself. When there were enough to please him, he spoke.

"Go now, my children. Learn the ways of the forest, and walk them. Become one with it. Hunt the creatures for food and sport, as they in turn hunt you. Live, and revel in life, now and for eternity, till the greatest tree crumbles to dust."

Spoiler
    Show
    AP: 18-1 (Mold Land - there is now a huge forest roughly the size of Africa, wherever it will fit. This stretches from the frozen North, as far as the climate will support the forests, to the tropics near the equator, where i is more jungle and rainforest. It is one unbroken exapnse though, gradually fading from one type to another.) -1 (Nourish Land) -2 (Create Populace - Forest Animals) -2 (Create Populace - the Fey, will be in homebrew later) -3 (Create Concept - hunting. Ranger created, might homebrew another also.)=9
    Last edited by Heliomance; 2008-11-24 at 05:25 AM.
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

24. - Top - End - #84
    Orc in the Playground

Jesharad to Bherald, The Astral Plane

"So be it, let us join efforts. I shall bring the concept into the world, and you shall teach the multitude's of our efforts."

With a subtle twist of his hand, Jesharad releases a monumental force over the entirety of creation.

"I suppose I should say something suitably dramatic, like LET THERE BE LIGHT, but that would probably be overpretentious."

Spoiler
    Show

3 AP - 3 (Create Concept) = 0

Create Concept: Literature and Learning (Wizards and Erudites)

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Tlem, Material Plane

Tlem left and went to the material plane, once their he went to his gnomes and kobolds and planted the idea of a church in their minds. Finally the church of Tlem was created. Once their he also widened some of the outer tunnels for the dragons.

1=4 - 2 (church of Tlem) - 1 Widened tunnels.

26. - Top - End - #86

Raging Waves Band: Mountains near the shore

Winged Reptiles...had saved them. The Leaders of The Twilight were confused but pleased. Scouts of other bands had recorded movement in the forests, strange creatures...that might very well like to trade.

The Raging Waves Band slowly marched to the inner parts of the newly created forest, and set up camp, placing signs in various scrawls and patterns. Cooking pots were set up and a small tent town was quickly established.
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2008-11-24 at 02:18 PM.
    My Current Works

27. - Top - End - #87

Dragons of the shinig scale the Raging Waves Band camp
    After having saved the shikigami from the waves, the dragons flies into their camp with gifts freshly caugth meat, under the assumation that they (shikigami) had lost most of their food in the waves. The leader of them a big silver scaled female lands in their camp. she speaksWe bring you these offerings of food and friendship in the name of our allfather, by whose command we have saved you from the waves, if any of you wishes to learn more of him, us or his teachings journey to the silvered teeth mountain. that's the one over there as she points and then flies of before they have time to answer

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

A small, lithe creature emerged fro a treetop, dropping lightly to the ground. Grinnig, it ran over to one of the crates, dipped a finger in the gel, and licked it. Making a face at the taste, he jabbered something in a language none of them understood.

The new creature was a strange sight. Standing about 4'5, he was naked from the waist up, while his lower half was clad in what might have been some sort of short skirt fashioned from leaves. His ears protruded from his long hair, elongated and pointed, and his eyes were pitch black. He grinned at them again, before scampering off into the forest.

Spoiler
    Show
    Note: The Fey only speak Sylvan. As young as the world is, Common probably hasn't evolved yet. After all, it's only been a week or two since creation, hasn't it?
    Last edited by Heliomance; 2008-11-24 at 03:41 PM.
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

29. - Top - End - #89

Spoiler
    Show
    No common dosn't exist yet, Shikigami actually speak in hand sign most of the time, but some of the more powerful(older) ones have begun to try to learn other languages as its sorta needed in trade

Raging Sea Band: Forests

Vasae looked at the crate that had been opened, pointing to a stream.

"Dispose of that, wasted product's no good to sell. Looks like we know we're not alone here. Next time one comes around, grab em. We'll have a nice little sit down with em"

The other members of the local Twilight nodded, grinning
    My Current Works

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

It was a few days before they saw any of the odd creatures again. The one that had stolen the gel had spent the next few hours wandering around giggling at the purple elephants, before collapsing with a ragin headache. The sight of animals drinking from the stream and then behaving similarly, and the fact that several of the Fey who had gone for a drink had come down with the same illness, allowed them to put two and two together.

A slight rustling in the leaves was all the warning the Shikigami had before the lithe creatures dropped from treetops all around the camp. Many of them had painted faces, and all were armed with either bow or spear.
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show