New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: Lords of Creation 2

Tlem, the Material Plane

Tlem sent a message to Ishtar. "I have made the tunnles of the gnomes and kobolds bigger for your dragons."

Tlem then focused his power and allowed his Kobolds and Gnomes to have a good time for their hunting or rather their trapping.

3=4-1 (Nourish land)

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lyarin, the God-Forge.

Lyarin watches his children. They are after all, his knowing this, he decides to organize them. Make them stronger. After all, why should the divine flame gain his children when his house was so empty. He took a moment to consider the items he had acquired from the godling. They were curious. They had... thoughts. Lyarin had nothing against them, they would be a good tool for his children. With a flash Lyarin, and the weapons, were elsewhere.

Lyarin, the Mountains of the Shadowkin.
    Lyarin, wearing a hooded robe and carrying a staff, appeared before the nomadic Shadowkin. One or two tried to attack him, but he raised a hand and the light burst forth, knocking them back. The remaining shadowkin fell on their knees in abject... fear? Lyarin brought one to it's feet and gave it the staff. A second, he brought to it's feet and gave it the spear. Do not be afraid, children. I will protect you. Lyarin gave them shape, structure. He would protect his children.

Spoiler
    Show

Create organization: Church of Lyarin (sort of) prestige class, Chosen of Lyarin. -2 Add Domain: Shadowkin -2 Total 0 Modify Plane (Lyasis) (now the Shadowkin afterlife.
    Last edited by Aergoth; 2008-11-25 at 12:17 PM.
    You don't want the monster? You don't throw the switch.
    Awesome Avatar by Starwoof

3. - Top - End - #123

Ishtara'kaxzárrthe Divine Flame

upon reviving Tlems message ishtar smiles and sends back a stardragon with his answer.
    mesage
    good then i will move some of them down to them.
    /message

Trizz'nauroian go to my people and tell them my will

Trizz bows before him yes father and flies of

dragons of the shining scale shortly after, the gnoblod island
    a fligth of dragons of differnt colors lands on the island. their leader a bronze dragon Hakra'katores speaks Hail you children of Tlem, we are those of Ishtara'kaxzárrs children that has choosen to come and live with you
    Remember: Hope springs eternal. The dark days will pass and the sun will shine again.

The best way to learn something is to ask, so ask without shame.

Many thanks to smuchmuch for the awesome Ponytar.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Orc in the Playground

Bhareld to Jesharan, The Astral Plane
    Behold, as the waters recede and land begins to form. We shall create an intelligent people upon these lands and teach them all manner of knowledge. We shall teach them to educate themselves, to become organized, and gain much knowledge in all manners of topics. I shall guide them to reach enlightenment, to reach awareness, and you shall guide them to seek more knowledge and to learn to rule themselves.

0 AP = + 3 AP - Give AP, to Jesharan (2 for Create Land, another 1 for Create Populace [the last "1" which will be given Thursday])

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Tlem, The Dwarves' Home

Tlem appeared to the dwarves and tried to convince them to worship him, while looking to see if he could learn more about the dwarves.

Chieftain Dak, The Gnobold Island

The gnomes that first saw the dragons were shocked but quickly came to their senses and sent for the other members of their village. The kobold chieftain was the one to speak. "We welcome you here, great creatures. You are much welcome."

6. - Top - End - #126

dragons of the shining scale the gnoblod island

thank you little one, my name is Anayotomotanariz, but you can call me Anay for short the dragon says smiling
    Remember: Hope springs eternal. The dark days will pass and the sun will shine again.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicarius View Post
    Cryala sat down. "Once, there was a maiden. She did not know who she was. Her sandals carried her to where she needed to go. In this time, all things had a purpose, and to not have it was to not exist. Yet the maiden existed, which meant that she had a purpose."

She began artfully weaving her hands in time with the story. "If her purpose was not known, she would simply have to find it. She looked toward the shaped all, and walked among it's surface. She removed her sandals and felt that her feet shook of the balance, her shape and temperature different from what she saw. She spoke then, to the Ender."

"Lyarin the Ender, am I the End?"

"You are not the End, for the End is itself. You are neither the Beginning nor the Ending."

"How intriguing then, to be before you though I came after!"

"After her idle, amusement, the Maiden realized she was not the End. Since that was not the case, the maiden drew from the End the Final Step, which began with her, and went to him. She then picked a second direction and walked until she found Rendirlyn, the Wild One."

"Rendirlyn, am I the Wild?"

"You are not the Wild, though I am through you, and you through me."

"I must have been been born before!"

"Whether she was or not, the Maiden took from the Wild One three acorns. The first she ate, and it became the first thing to be transformed so. The second she planted, and it became the first thing to be grown. And the third she kept for herself, and it remains there to this day. As she walked, she had noticed the gaze of the two heavenly bodies, the sun and the moon Luumu and Lerios. Both had noticed her as well, and both desired to take her for a wife, though the Maiden suspected that their rivalry may have had a part."

"As my bride, I shall offer you the brilliance and glory befitting your loveliness." The sun boldly exclaimed.

"As my bride, I shall offer you the unknowable mysteries of the world." The moon was quick to counter.

"Both offers tempted the maiden, and she agreed to spend one night with them each so that she might make her decision. She split herself into two so that she might properly judge without bias. Her solar half loved the splendor, and took as a gift from the Sun a sliver of light. Her lunar half enjoyed the sublime mystery and changing nature of the moon, and took as a gift from the Moon seven small stones, perfectly formed. The two halves met in secret that night and exchanged gifts. As her gift to the Moon upon the morrow, the Maiden's lunar half bequeathed the Moon almost all of his brother's light, keeping a small portion to herself to light her way. The Solar half of the Maiden bequeathed six of the small stones, five of which broke into pieces by the Sun's radiance and became the stars, though they did not glow. The Maiden then joined her halves and became herself again, leaving before the brothers discovered her trick."

"When the two discovered the trick, the Maiden was gone, moving as was her custom. The two brothers demanded the gifts back, but neither would allow the other to be given the gift first, lest it be seen as a sign of weakness. To compromise, as the brothers rarely did, the Moon gave part of the light to the stars, which while not his brother, was not himself. The Sun, for his part, threw the mightiest and unbroken sixth stone at where he last saw the Maiden, which streaked with such brilliance that it became the First Comet."

"Seeking to avoid the brother's wrath, the Maiden found the furthest thing from their gaze and walked into the Ocean's depths. There, Oceano neither welcomed nor harmed the Maiden. His always was. The Maiden looked upon his indifference, and asked the riddle which bespeaks of Oceano's dual nature.

"If you are neither brutal nor caring, why do your waters both soothe and crush?"

"The Maiden left the Oceans and walked where the eyes of the Sun and Moon were not, towards Yen the Midnight Carnvial, who's door was on the highest peak. There, she surveyed her journey that she had taken."

"My purpose is what I make it to be." "The Maiden laughed and became Cryala, the Way Between."

Yen: Midnight Carnival

No sooner had the words left the young goddess’s mouth, Yen appeared sitting on the table before her, his face split by a grin that would surely have put a mortals face into two halves, his eyes squinted shut.

“Brilliant! Even if I had not forfeited, you’d have beaten me surely. But! I have changed my mind on what I want. You are simply to amusing and exciting to gaze upon in the mortal world, surely that would ruin the surprise of what ever else you will tell me if you agree! For the agreed price, a favor and the one you won, I simply want to know of your exploits on the mortal world, how the people act, how they feel. I want to –know- it all. I can never walk that world, and even if I split my spirit in two to do so, it is a mortal flesh facsimile , and it will do me no good to truly experience it!

But you! You have such a gift to wander without having to lie about it. I almost envy you…but that’s petty isn’t it? But I carry on, my price has been stated. Are the terms acceptable?”
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

8. - Top - End - #128

Ishtar is feeling a little lonely. however as he thinks back the time he was happiest was when speaking with his son Dayo, and hearing of his life. so he decides to give life to more children. with his great claws he plucks out six scales from his body each of them with filled with his blood. then he flies of to limbo with them and fills each one of them in a different sea of energy, and a little bit af the astral plane in it and forms them to six eggs. at lastthen breates the divine flame into, sings a truesong for each of them and places them in his hoard where he can guard them until they hactes.

9. - Top - End - #129

The Shadowkin, Mountains of the Shadowkin

The Shadowkin fled further into the mountains, the storms that had come in from the raging seas confounded them, and the plains below became torrential flood-plains. Those that survived long enough to make it into the mountains were vicious. Food was scarce and some died. Those who followed the gifted-ones were almost blessed. The gifts of Lyarin allowed them to keep the monsters driven in off the plains at bay, and keep themselves safe. In time, others found ways to imitate the gifts. With their flesh they crafted spears and staves. It was good.

10. - Top - End - #130

Gentle Pine Band: Mountains of the Shadowkin

The Gentle Pine Band had followed the shadowkin for a time, their feral behavior was a bit off putting, but surely the tribes could be...useful.

The leader of The Twilight for the Gentle Pine Band was a young woman by the name Ma Dao, the band seemed to almost bleed from the woods, their weapons panted black so as to hide better in the darkness.

"Greetings. We are the Shikigami of the Gentle Pine. Perhaps you would care to sample our wares?"
    My Current Works

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

Lerios

The moon god looked upon his people. Soon he would expand his influence beyond the island chain, but he first wished to solidify his reign here, before civilization reached the rest of the world. Subtly manipulated all the sentient creatures of the forest, those Gnomes and Kobolds and whatever else had found it's way to the Emerald Crown, and of course the Lycanthropes. He made the masses more susceptible to the cunning, the naked charisma, and the clever wit, and so too he slowly increased the desire for power, so the most sly and deceptive whose sheer charisma or force of personality might not sway others so easily, their influence would spread as favors were traded, privileges guaranteed, and positions of power bartered off, and so too would their power. It was those who could do both who profited the most, but all such individuals rose in station and importance, and as others gathered to them, flocked to their power and their leadership, lead they did. Many tribes and loners alike swore allegiance to "greater" individuals, and slowly but surely nations were forged.

0AP=3AP-3AP Create Concept: Leadership, influenced all those on the Emerald Islands to either seek power, or to see the merits of charismatic individuals and cunning intelligent leaders. I.E. I made mass media, but instead of T.V.'s I just messed with their heads real subtle like...
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-11-25 at 09:35 PM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

12. - Top - End - #132

The Shadowkin, Mountains of the Shadowkin

The brightly coloured... things, alarmed the Shadowkin. Within moments a volley of spears errupted from their back ranks, moving towards the front, who ran in a charge. Those who had thrown spears rushed forwards, aiming specifically towards their spears. Others in the small band of Shadowkin lept at the monsters, surely they were monsters, with claws or teeth. A general cry of "Kill the monsters!" in Shadowkin arose from the chargen three dozen or so Shadowkin. With any luck, the collective shout was loud enough to carry to another of the migratory band off to any of the cardinal directions.

13. - Top - End - #133

Gentle Pine Band: Getting Attacked

(They -are- all rogues and other sneaky class's after all))

Ma Dao had been ready, the savages had been studied for this purpose.

The front lines of the Shikigami fell, but suddenly the entire forest burst into sound as a bell rung, more shikigami appearing with blades behind the lines of the Shadowkin, stone blades cutting into their ranks.

Ma had taken a spear to her side, probably not lethal, but hurt more then she'd ever known. She shouted above the din

"Stop! We are friends!"
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2008-11-25 at 08:43 PM.
    My Current Works

14. - Top - End - #134

Devil

Cryala, the Way Between, Demigoddess of Travel

"It is much you ask, for to remain so, I must stay a demigod to truly experience it. However, there is a virtue in being small and that is in my dealings with the mighty."

15. - Top - End - #135

Yen: The Midnight Carnival

"You are always welcome here! And when you are done in the world of mortals, I will walk side by side with you in the planes, should we still travel the same path.

You may stay here as long as you wish, and the doors of the Palace are always open to you, on two conditions. One, you do not step into my private quarters. Even if you are about to die. And the other, you may never bring in those who seek to practice suffering. No matter how close to you they may be. But, if you will excuse me I have some...business with Oh Sun. Don't be a stranger!"

Yen hops off the table and strides off, whistling to himself untill he reach's the farthest flung location of the Palace of the Grinning Fox. There, the small kobold huddeled in terror as several spirits cheer and prod the poor creature.

"HELLO! You have something very interesting about you! Did you know that?"

Yen leans down, hovering over the kobold

"They call it incarnum? Something like that. Its very pretty that gold color. I like that color...lets see if we can...take it from you!"

The spirits cheered louder as the Grinning Lords tails lanced into the mortal form of the creature, the gold energy rippling across his form before shuddering, its color fading to a pale gray.

"My my! Its not gold anymore! OH SUN! ARE YOU WATCHING! I WILL PROVE TO YOU MY POWER! POSSESION IS ONE TENTH OF THE LAW! THE OTHER NINE IS THE POWER TO TAKE IT!"

The gray energy slowed, forming a hazy cloud around the God, before suddenly bursting back to life, erratic and wild, slaying the spirits and kobold with bolts of unharnessed life energy.

"Steal it! Take it all and sell it back!"

The energy flooded the material plane, each leader of The Twilight suddenly being filled with the energy of Soulstuff.

Yen then fell to his knees, panting and laughing, wiping his sweating brow

"Well...that was fun!"

(Create Concept(Illusions, class's created Spellthief and Yakuza) -3: 3 AP-3 AP=0)
    My Current Works

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Luumu

The sun god subtly composed a message to Yen in the form of giant flaming letters in the Midnight Carnival's sky.

"I RESPECT YOUR POWER, YEN. YOU HAVE PROVEN YOURSELF QUITE CAPABLE AND YOU HOLD A GOOD UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT POWER TRULY IS. YOU HAVE EARNED THIS INCARNUM, AND YOUR FOLLOWERS LIKEWISE SHALL WORK FOR IT'S FULLEST POWER AS IS ONLY FAIR."

The words quickly faded and the clouds filled in the gaps almost immediately as though Luumu's message was never even there.

Around the world, the number of people using incarnum and necrocarnum increased. It became clear that giving one's soul to the sun was a small price to pay for the gifts he offered- what was eternity as incarnum for a lifetime of power?

In one place the totemists and necrocarnates gathered, and among their ranks were several yakuza as well, and they were welcomed just like any other brother. These incarnum users formalized their learnings and took to watching the world to collect information. The few yakuza of the group, while making their reports to the Disciples, also sent updates to Yen and the Shikigami leaders when they thought no one was watching. In truth, Luumu and his follower knew all about their treachery, but cared little. The Umbral Disciples had infiltrated societies as typical meldshapers and they, on the whole, were fairly powerful and invisible to the world. In the darkest shadows they furthered the cause of the glorious sun.

(0 AP = 2 AP - 2 AP (Create Organization: Disciples of Luumu, PrC: Umbral Disciple))

17. - Top - End - #137

Devil

Cryala, the Way Between

Cryala withdrew from the Midnight Carnival and began the long walk back to the Wanderhome. It had changed where it was, as was it's nature, but Cryala didn't mind, because the journey was the true reason she went there.

Along the way, she had noticed that the peoples of the world seldom traded save with each other. There were so many wondrous and fantastic elements, though the world would never see them if they did not travel.

She pouted. Beauty meant nothing without experience. She looked upon the other beings.
    Last edited by Sicarius; 2008-11-25 at 10:02 PM.

18. - Top - End - #138

Yen looked up into the sky, taking a seat on the ground and summoning a large glass of sake.

"My sky has had a sun and a moon....they made my pretty sky...stop crying! Those twins...seems like we're taking a step forward"
    My Current Works

19. - Top - End - #139
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dayo, The Great Forest

Dayo looked at the tree-face, and suddenly his itnerest was piqued greatly, his skin alighting orange with Curiosity. "Who are you?" He said, brow furrowed as he tried to discern this gods nature. "I heard the Song of the Forest, and it intruiged me. I wanted to meet who would produce such music that rivals my Fathers."

But even as he said that, he took a portion of his mind- the grey matter of in-betweens, subdued emotions and thoughts, and launched it's invisible form into the air. It grey, transparent form, a copy of Dayo's, sped towards the Midnight carnival, carrying as many weapons from Dayo's Great Bag as it could. As it crossed the planes, into the water-drenched bay, it called out, "I am the representative of Dayo, here to speak with Yen." In an excessive droll and bored tone.
    Last edited by Reath; 2008-11-25 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aergoth View Post
    He built shiny pet rocks with an edge. 'Nuff said.

20. - Top - End - #140

Yen continued to drink as he contimplated...so many gods...some useless to his desires, others...confounded him at every turn, and that made him desire their companionship even more

To Cryala
    Spoiler
    Show
    Should you meet them on your travels, I shall allow you the use of my shikigami as if they were your very own children, Near Sister

To Luumu
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am so glad I have earned your respect. Perhaps you will be more open for talks? Hmm? I would very much like to speak with you about your plans and my own!

To Lyarin
    Spoiler
    Show
    It seems your people are wild and harming my children when they seek only to help and protect them. Perhaps we could come to an agreement?

To Lerios
    Spoiler
    Show
    It seems I have earned your brothers respect, perhaps now we can speak more openly between the three of us?
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2008-11-25 at 10:21 PM.
    My Current Works

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Sounds entered Yen's mind:

Spoiler
    Show
    "YES, WE MAY TALK NOW THAT YOU UNDERSTAND THAT TRUE POWER IS THE ABILITY TO TAKE THAT POWER."

Lerios the moon also receives a message from the sun Luumu:

Spoiler
    Show
    Brother, we should meet with this Yen fellow. Perhaps this lesser being can pave us a path to greater power.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Dayo and Rendirllyn, the Great Forest.

"I am Rendirllyn, lord of this Forest, and creator of all that grows within it. And as for the music, if your father is as great a musician as you say I would love to meet him, for music is one of my great loves.
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

Lerios

If the moon had a mouth it would be grinning... ooh, there was an idea for the future. For now however, he sent back two messages.

To Yen:
    Spoiler
    Show
    That sounds delightful indeed. It occurs to me that I have not yet met my brother...

To Luumu
    Spoiler
    Show
    Great Minds brother, I was thinking just the same thing!
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Tlem, The Material Plane

Tlem sent a herald to the god of entropy. "Would I be able to join your pantheon?"

25. - Top - End - #145

Yen clapped his ears as the messages flooded his mind

"Myself! Must they shout so loud? I have things to do now...Oh Brothers. We shall meet....soon. But untill then!"

Message to Luumu and Lerios
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perhaps we should meet in the Astral World? No way to sneak or double deal there. Is that acceptable?"

Yen then lept to his feet, popping out of the Midnight Carnival and into the Divine Flame

"Brother Ishtar you keep it to hot! To hot indeed!"

Yen's clothing shifted from the ornate fox robes to a simple pair of black pants, his shaggy hair slowly being pulled back into a poney tail

"Now that thats done. Brother! Oh Flame! Where are you!"
    My Current Works

26. - Top - End - #146

upon hearing Yen's call Ishtar Answers
    I am here. come to me
    and upon hearing those words Yen suddenly knew where to find Ishtar
    Last edited by vegetalss4; 2008-11-26 at 02:09 PM.

27. - Top - End - #147

Yen: The Divine Flame

With the knowledge in his mind, Yen slowly worked his way to his brother, wandering the plane, looking at all it had to offer. Upon reaching his brother, he took a single slight bow

"Oh Brother, how good it is to see you in physical form! Tell me. What is it that wish with the mortal world hmmm? Your creatures of scale and wing that cut though my sky are interesting, very interesting indeed. They are large and powerful where others are small and weak, but in number are less. Was that your intention hmmm?

And what does your mind think of our other brothers Oh Waves and Oh Dirt I wonder? And those children that wander the world hmm? Tell me your mind, so I can understand it!"
    My Current Works

28. - Top - End - #148

Ishtara'kaxzárr the Divine Flame
    Ishtar bows his head as a greeting and speaks
    you ask my wish for the mortal world? very well i shall tell you. It are my wish to help them, so they might live a happy life. As for my people, as they where the first mortal life except for luumu's glowing beast and Oceano's fish, i will claim that it's your creations that are weaker but more numerous
    Last edited by vegetalss4; 2008-11-26 at 03:09 PM.

29. - Top - End - #149

Yen merely continues to grin

"Is that so....I heard a story once. Of the Mighty laided low by the Meek. An intesting story it was, about the creation of the stars and the creation of the world. Sadly I simply can not remember it.

But yes, they are mighty...but is it not the way things go that we should enjoy oursleves? You seek to guide them to a happy life?"

Yen then appears far closer to his brother, draping an arm around the neck of the great dragon god

"But don't you get it? Happy is boring! Dull! They need to be hurt, to suffer and die, then gain amusment. Would you stand in the way of such things?"
    My Current Works

30. - Top - End - #150

Ishtara'kaxzárr The Divine FlameIshtar send Yen a angry look YES. I would oppose that, with all of my strength. however in his anger he cannot help but wonder how his song are related to a story of the weak defeating the mighty
    Last edited by vegetalss4; 2008-11-26 at 03:12 PM.