New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation 2

Yen: The Divine Plane

"Ara ara, how interesting...thats all I wished to know really Oh Brother, after all, its only a matter of time untill someone like that comes into being, wouldn't you say? It really will be a wonder when those creatures walk the earth. What do you plan then wonder? To stop the suffering of the world..."
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ishtara'kaxzárr The Divine Flame
    i am not sure it would be wise to tell you of my plan, as it seems to me, that you would most likely oppose such plans. however Yen let me ask you a question. Why do you find amusement in suffering? what is it that are so attractive about pain?
    Remember: Hope springs eternal. The dark days will pass and the sun will shine again.

The best way to learn something is to ask, so ask without shame.

Many thanks to smuchmuch for the awesome Ponytar.

3. - Top - End - #153

Yen: The Divine Flame

Yen truely looks shocked.

"My dear brother! I would -never- stand in your way. That is...absolutly not amusing or fun! Struggling against Kin would strain my resources, and take time out of my lounging that I simply can not afford to take.

But to answer you...Do you know what happens after someone suffers?! Have you seen the highs that people go to with my drugs? They are -happy- so very happy, and without it...they hurt, they ache and they die! But those that learn to live without it after having it find -true pleasure-. They value life more. The suffering makes the joy better! It makes it more addicting! It makes it more worth having!

And don't you see?! That makes what you want better! See what I mean? Your goal, and the goal of those that make others suffer....all in the end its all good to me. I care little for what any of you do so long as I do not have to be bored. But Oh Brother, people -will- come to strike at your goal. And when that happens, I hope you are safe.

After all...all you have in the end is family."
    My Current Works

4. - Top - End - #154

Innis, my Shadowkin are isolated. They only speak shadowkin. And they're not quite in a good enough mood to try for a sense motive. Have we invented druids yet? I think I might have to. Entropic Druids would be fun.

The Shadowkin berserkers moved to fall on the encroaching Shikigami with claws and teeth as those with weapons move to continue fighting with their fleshcrafted spears and staves. Those still lacking weapons began striking with god given energy, the strange and colourful lights of entropy promising pain to those who looked upon them unprepared.
    Lyarin looked upon the carnage and was awash with worry. Quickly he moved himself to the Midnight Carnival. YEN! The name seemed to echo hollowly from the walls of the palace around the Lord of Entropy.
    You don't want the monster? You don't throw the switch.
    Awesome Avatar by Starwoof

5. - Top - End - #155

((I understand it, that was the point of them you know..having weapons just in case..well...that happened ))

Gentle Pine Band: In retreat

The Twilight leaders gave the sign for retreat, those not fully injured seeming to disappear into the trees as if they had not ever been there, dead bodies and blood the only mark they had existed at all.

Yen: The Divine Flame

Yen's eats twitched, giving a pat on his brothers neck.

"Think about it brother."

Yen then disappeared, striding from his private chambers, once again dressed in his formal robes, splaying his hands and fingers into the air

"My my I am so busy. Yes? I am here to hear your request Lyarin. You really should have brought me a gift though! Its only polite when teleporting into someones home!"
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2008-11-26 at 05:40 PM.
    My Current Works

6. - Top - End - #156

Lyarin, the Midnight Carnival, The Palace of the Grinning Fox, to Yen.

Lyarin waves a hand to the air, creating a spinning scinitlating mirror of colour. Enough of your frivolity, fox. You want a gift? See the news I bring. The mirror cleared of colour in time to show the victorious Shadowkin gathering together and shaking their weapons in the air, as well as the apparently defeated Shikigami dragging bodies away. Your children fox, keep them away from mine. They don't take well to surprises, and neither do I. Keep the Shikigami out of the Shadowkin's mountains and this won't happen again, because I can asure you, they won't find anyone to trade with there. Lyarin's shifting colours settled on a deep black, the rest only floating around the edges. He closed his hand and the mirror closed with it, shutting like an eye.

The Shadowkin, Mountains of the Shadowkin

The Shadowkin stopped fighting soon after they saw the strangers in retreat. Huddling together they began to cheer. It could only be called cheering. At great speed they moved shortly thereafter, splitting to catch up with the other roaming groups of Shadowkin. They spread the news in small groups. Those that carried unconcious or dead comrades moved slower than the others, but they moved towards other groups none the less. The Shadowkin began to subtly alter their skin patterns, the mottled grey patterns mimicing the rock of the mountains they travelled through. After a some time they saw a sheltered hollow between two mountains and began to walk towards it.
    You don't want the monster? You don't throw the switch.
    Awesome Avatar by Starwoof

7. - Top - End - #157

Yen: The Midnight Carnival

"My my....such angry words. Is it not fair that all things connect for a time? Things can only stay isolated for so long. Things are going to change! Oh will it be wonderful! The world will stay wild for only so long, The Watchers...they will change it all. If you fear me and mine...you are not watching near enough"

Yen strides casually towards the other god, beaming

"But if its your will to always stay distanct from the works of other gods, so be it. Get out of my palace if thats your wish. I have no time for those who can't enjoy themselves."
    My Current Works

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

Lerios

Lerios sent a message in return to Yen.

Spoiler
    Show
    Very well. When would you like for this meeting to take place? I'm not really busy, but my brother's schedule might be just packed...

Lerios sent the message, knowing full well his brother had little more to do than he.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

9. - Top - End - #159

Yen: The Midnight Carnival

"Oh Moon! How wonderful. Leave me Empty. Do not touch my land ever again."

And with that, Yen faded away, appearing in the Astral plane. With a simple gesture of his hand, a large seat and jug appeared at his side. And he waited.

To Lerios
    Spoiler
    Show
    Now would be lovely
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2008-11-26 at 08:43 PM.
    My Current Works

10. - Top - End - #160

Devil

Cryala, the Way Between

Cryala, eager to see more of the creation that the Gods designed, saw that Lysarin the End had a mountain with his own folk. She had never met Lysarin's folk, though she may have sometime before. She couldn't remember everything, after all. She was only a demigoddess.

She walked to his mountains, eager to see what the Lord of Entropy would create for himself and refuse to share.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

Lerios

Lerios grinned, and appeared in the void in front of Yen. This time he was no amalgam of Lycanthropic half-animals half-men. Now he appeared as a tall, humanoid Lynx, who's silver fur glowed with the moons light. His fur bore many subtle variations of white, gray, and silver, all shining like the moon. His cape fluttered behind him, invisible against the starry-black sky. The only hint he was wearing it was that it was draped over his shoulders and connected to a silver clasp on his chest bearing his symbol. At his side, as ever, was a long and beautiful Rapier chased in silver.
    Yen, it is good to see you in person, I do hope my brother will be arriving presently.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-11-26 at 09:22 PM.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Luumu, at the meeting place

The golden sun mask and empty white robe materialize on the side of Yen opposite Lerios. "What, you think I don't eavesdrop sometimes? The sun, too, can hide beneath a cloud. Now tell us, most corrupt and decadent Yen, why you have brought us here."
    Last edited by Vadin; 2008-11-26 at 09:29 PM.

13. - Top - End - #163

Yen: The Astral Plane

Yen beams to the brothers

"Do you not think this world...this divine world that is. Is boring? Just presently a god told me...leave his things alone! How can we guide the world and all its creations..."

Yen then burst out laughing, waving his hands in the air as if to stop an assult

"Forgive me. I was joking. You and I, You as brothers. We are similar. The other gods will start drawing lines in the sand. They will not be so isolated when the world becomes wider and larger then it is now. It is merely how these things will go.

Already you both work to make your holdings in the world more powerful. Already I have agreed to help Oh Mood create...power bases. More such agreements will happen. But let us whose minds are so close...perhaps we should work togather?"
    My Current Works

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

Lerios, Astral Plane, Meeting

Lerios grinned at his brother, his single cyclopean eye blinking. Perhaps we should good Yen, and I have indeed been working to end my peoples isolation, and in the process my influence on the world. But pray, tell, how do you propose we work around such as gods as Lord Entropy. He and his ilk will much dislike our attempts to make their creations interact with the world, and in so doing embrace... other paths? Lerios put on a wry grin at saying this. It was clear what he meant.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Orc in the Playground

Jesharad to Bhareld, The Astral Plane

"Such works for me" Is all that Jesharad says, as a slightly mischevious grin alights upon his face. Raising his hand, from the varying stuff of the astral plane, he coalesces a globe, showing the world as it is now. "First, we shall find a land upon which solitude and growth can be achieved, where safety is available. The contact of other races and species will still be possible, but invasion and destruction deemed much harder. While the tides are still raging, our people will have peace, and when they die down they will gain their first hints of companionship"

With that said, a look of intense concentration fell upon Jesharad's face, as the miniature globe in his hand started to alter, to change. Off of the north east of the main continent, under the waves, a series of hill like protrusions started to form, racing off over a fourth of the circumference of the earth. To those who knew how to interpret this structure, they would see that while the seas were raging, these hills would remain submerged, or awash with such waves that they were unpassable to all land based creatures. However, when the seas died down, an interesting effect would take place.

The hill shaped risings from the sea floor would heavily interact with the tides still, but in a manor that utilized them to a major effect. For three fourths of the year, the hills would remain submerged, but for the last fourth of the year, at the time when the tides were lowest, an interesting effect would occur. At first, the tides would lower, and the hills themselves would emerge, making a chain of islands, and then, at the lowest point of the tides, for around six weeks each year, the chain of islands would become a solid land bridge that extended off around the world, until becoming a chain of islands, and then submerged totally again.

This bizarre bridge connected off to a newly formed continent, one with a conducive shape and structure. This continent was large, not as large as the mainland, but half again as much. The entirety of the continent was surrounded by a mass of extremely high mountains, the highest peaks of the world. These mountains completely covered the coast, except for in the area where the land bridge connected, and two large rivers entering along that point, which bled into the many tributaries along the interior.

The interior of the continent was in of itself somewhat unique, a strange sort of plain, criscrossed along the entirety with rivers and streams, making an entire system of travel and trade possible without a road being built. Along the banks of the many rivers, and in many areas, there were sparse woodlands; not giant primeval forests like in the main continent, but bundles and clusters of maple and oak trees (with other varieties found more rarely) that could be traversed in a day, and that would provide an easily accessible great source of lumber and shade. The plains itself were mostly flat, with grasses and bushes akin to a savanna along its length. Among the many grasses, were differing forms of wild wheat, and other such agrarian crops.

Of the animals that graced the interior, there were few large predators or gigantic herbivores, mostly composed of those animals that would be necessary in order for an ecosystem to function, and that could be interacted with and avoided an a personal level. This lack of meat and readily available livestock means a hindrance to most societies that would develop along the length of the new continent, except for those that were herbivorous, of which few races were in this day and age.

"And now, onto to the people. We shall create a race of vast intelligence, of study, and innate understanding of the process of learning and cooperation. They shall be as our children, but consider themselves as unto the divine, for their ability to learn and grow allows the possibility of greatness and adaptation beyond what any God shall achieve."

Drawing a quill from outside his robes, as well as an empty inkpot, Jesharad pierces his hand, and squeezes a few drops of blood into the pot, a silvery fluid that boiled with power. Doing the same with Bhareld, Jesharad then mixed the blood and dipped the quill in the inkpot. With the quill in hand, Jesharad turns back to the changed globe, and starts to draw above it on the substance of the astral plane. It takes hours in the time of Gods, for Jesharad seems to change his mind and erase figure after figure, but eventually he settles upon a form and looks to Bhareld for approval. With his approving nod, Jesharad looks upon the astral form of the creature, and diverts his power into it.

The astral caricature splits, and shrinks, and splits, and shrinks, hundreds upon thousands of times, as it falls ever close to the newly formed continent, before finally settling across its width and breadth, given life and meaning; knowledge and power; mortality and divinity.

"And now I leave it to you to give them their first instructions upon life." Jesharad says, as he bows to Bhareld and puts away his quill, and hands him the globe, with the new continent faced upward.

0 AP = 2 AP Create Land, 2 AP Create Populous (Encephaloans), 1 AP (Give AP: Teach Populous)
    Last edited by Incendius; 2008-11-27 at 02:12 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post
    Lerios, Astral Plane, Meeting

Lerios grinned at his brother, his single cyclopean eye blinking. Perhaps we should good Yen, and I have indeed been working to end my peoples isolation, and in the process my influence on the world. But pray, tell, how do you propose we work around such as gods as Lord Entropy. He and his ilk will much dislike our attempts to make their creations interact with the world, and in so doing embrace... other paths? Lerios put on a wry grin at saying this. It was clear what he meant.
    "Who are they to say what we, lords of the sky, may do and not do? Who are these weaklings to try and assert their power over us? We are the inheritors of the world, and it rightly belongs to us! Other exist only at our mercy! We are the Sky Lords, and our gaze is beyond any petty lines in sand!

"Perhaps we should join forces to solidify our power. An alliance, perhaps. Yen, you know that power is as power does, and so you are worthy two count yourself as one of us, as will be any god who sufficiently demonstrates his worthiness."

(0 AP = 2 AP - 2 AP (Create Pantheon: Sky Lords))

17. - Top - End - #167

Yen grins widely, the same grin he gave the young goddess of travel

“My my, I barely have to get to my point with you two. Very well. An alliance it is. I The Grinning Lord do proclaim I will work with you Oh Twins as best as my abilities grant me.”

Yen then stands from his chair, letting the dish fall from his hand as he places it forth

(Using the 1 AP at roll over: Join Pantheon -1: 1AP-1AP=0AP)
    My Current Works

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Tlem, the tunnel island.

Tlem looked at the tunnel island again and once more focused and the caused the minerals and natural metals in the land to increase. Tlem nodded. "That should increase the prosperity of this group."

2=3-1 nourish land
    Last edited by Emperor Demonking; 2008-11-27 at 10:40 AM.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground

Lerios

The Shadows Eye grins as well, his insubstantial cape flapping in the nonexistent breeze, the sharp fangs of his Lynx-form glinting in the chill blackness of the Astral. As will I, of course he looks at the works of Jeshard and grins, before sending a message to his brother

To Luumu:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Look brother, these fools merely further our work by bringing more creatures into the world that will yet revere us. As the Sun and the Moon dominate the skies, so too will we dominate this world.

1AP=2AP-1AP (Join Pantheon)
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-11-27 at 10:35 AM.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Tlem, the material plane

Tlem stayed on the surface of the tunnel island, this truly was his home. Though he longed to go into the tunnels, he didn't want to be spotted by his gnomes or kobolds or even Ishtar's dragons. Tlem remembered about the lawful pantheon and decided to join it.

Tlem then went to the divine flame. "Ishtar, where are you?"

1=2-1 (joining pantheon)

21. - Top - End - #171

Yen takes a flourishing bow

"Oh Brothers, we are now in the thick of it togather. You know where to find me, don't be a stranger. I know how you enjoy your noodles Oh Sun"

Yen then existed the Astral with a loud pop, appearing in his private quarters. He then summoned another spirit, handing it a message.

Cryala
    Spoiler
    Show
    I have a story for you.
    My Current Works

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Luumu

A spark of power travels to Iuro and begins to swell, and another spark reaches down to the Shadowkin lands, where many of the dead rise and assault their former kin.

"Let Entropy try and stand against us."

(0 AP = 2 AP (half-rollover) - 1 AP (towards Create Populace: Beholders) - 1 AP (Pestilence: Shadowkin hit by a small Zombie Plague))
    Last edited by Vadin; 2008-11-27 at 11:00 AM.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Pixie in the Playground

The Ice Floe, Concordance
    The dwarves wandered around, curious. They were surrounded by frozen tundra on all sides, enveloped by an absence of warmth. They huddled together -- a feeble resistance against the fearsome cold. They were five; three males and two females. As they paired off, and as they and their partners crouched together, one dwarven man stood alone.

Without a language to unify them, the Dwarf couples sat, staring blankly back and forth between one another and the one who stood alone, freezing.

The one who stood alone looked about, finding nothing more than icy desolace around him. He began to wander away from the huddle. The others shouted and jeered, and one female let her head hang low, and she shook it slowly with deep sadness and regret.

Ataraxis; in Limbo
    Slack-jawed, he stared at his barely-sentient magma golems.

"What are you doing...?!" He cried, as if they could hear him. "Beneath you, there is warmth, and many tunnels, and, and....life!" He panted heavily. "It is right beneath you! Please see it, PLEASE!"

The one who stood alone continued to wander by himself. The huddle long out of sight, he dropped to his knees. He cried out in anguish -- a deep bellow imbued with despair -- an awful noise. A sort of wetness ran down his cheeks, and embedded itself within the thick, coarse hair on his face.

Ataraxis; in Limbo
    "There must be something I can do -- something I can create to help them survive...they need warmth and food...I've given them nothing..."

Spoiler
    Show
    {[ 15 AP = 16 AP +1 (Second Wind) -1 (Nourish Populace) -2 (Create Populace: Struthion) ]}

The one who stood alone was curled up, laying on the ground. His knees were tucked in, close to his chest, and he had locked his hands together around them. He had all but given up when he felt a stern peck against the back of his head. He turned his head around slowly, and saw a bird with a long neck and legs. These elongated appendages were attached to a thick, meaty midsection, which was covered by a hard shell. It was a very awkward looking thing, and the wandering dwarven man cocked his head to the side, peering curiously at it.

For a moment, the two stared at one another. The one who stood alone did not even blink, but the large bird turned away, suddenly uninterested.

The one who stood alone unfolded himself, but stayed low to the ground. He narrowed his eyes, set his jaw and with a shriek leapt up from the ground and locked his thick, stubby fingers around the large bird's throat.

The bird flailed wildly, and kicked its legs, but the dwarf was too close. The bird collapsed, and the dwarf roared with victory. In desperation, he began ripping at the bird's shell and tearing its feathers, when he heard a "quaaark" noise.

The one who stood alone looked up and saw six more of these birds staring at him. He was kneeling over the bird's corpse, bloodied and feathered. The others thrust their heads into the ground, nearly in unison, upon being noticed. The one who stood alone began to rise, and ran towards the flock, but their heads snapped up from the ground, and they took off, fleeing at speeds that the bowlegged dwarf could never hope to match.

He stared after them for a moment, then returned to his prey. He dug his fingers into the laceration he had made under the shell. The bird was so warm inside...

He dragged the corpse over to the holes made by the other birds and warily peered inside.

Ataraxis; in Limbo
    "That's it! That's it!" He edged the lone dwarf. "Learn from these birds -- Struthion is a fitting name, I think -- dig, as they have, and LIVE."

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

Lerios

A pulse of light, greenish bluish white, slow and methodically began traveling through the Entropic lands, invisible to mortal eyes, and in it's wake madness took root, as Shadowkin began to turn into horrid beasts of all shapes and sizes, and slaughter shadowkin, though they strangely avoided the undead.

Lerios smiled "Yes, let him try"

0AP=1AP-1AP (Pestilence, Plague of Lycanthropy)

25. - Top - End - #175

Tlem i am here, we need to discuss this troubling event. Ishtar calls out.
    Remember: Hope springs eternal. The dark days will pass and the sun will shine again.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Tlem, the divine flame

Tlem walked over to Ishtar, in thought, trying to work out a solution. "Hello Ishtar. Its a shame but we'll probably have to skip pleasantries. Now what do you think of this problem? What do you think is the path of action."

27. - Top - End - #177

as the celestial brothers have united we must unite, so that to getter we can stop them. after that we need to act fast and destroy those vile creature's that are attacking Lyarin children Ishtar says while gathering his energy.

Spoiler
    Show
    3=4+1 second wind -2 create pantheon(the sovereign host, goals protecting the worshipers of it's members)

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Tlem, The Divine Flame

"I agree, but in this specific case do we want to use up our power? Though obviously we must help the Entropy lord, when it comes to politics and the like." Said Tlem. "How do you dsiuggest we stop these creatures?"
    Last edited by Emperor Demonking; 2008-11-27 at 01:43 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179

as we need to go fast i suggest that we strike them down with divine energy

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Tlem, the Divine Flame

"That;s a good idea, Would you like to go first." Said Tlem looking up at the much bigger Ishtar.