New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation 2

Dayo, The Great Forest

"Sorry, sorry! I didn't realize I was that bad!" Dayo laughs along with Rendirllyn, nodding his head as his skin turns bright yellow. "I accept!"
    Last edited by Reath; 2008-11-29 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aergoth View Post
    He built shiny pet rocks with an edge. 'Nuff said.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

Cryala

In response, Cryala sends a message to Ishtar.

Spoiler
    Show
    Such inquests should be made in person. Follow the hair.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Termar and Ramter received the message, but as of yet had no way to reply, nor any desire to seek out others yet.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

4. - Top - End - #244

Ishtara'kaxzárr The Divine Flame

when Ishtar receives Crylays answer, he sends out another messenger

Spoiler
    Show
    while i normally would have done just that, i am currently prevented from leaving home, as i have to protect my eggs, however if you where to travel to The Divine Flame, i would gladly discuss this matter in person
    Remember: Hope springs eternal. The dark days will pass and the sun will shine again.

The best way to learn something is to ask, so ask without shame.

Many thanks to smuchmuch for the awesome Ponytar.

5. - Top - End - #245

Devil

Cryala

Cryala looked askew at the new message. She sighed and shook her head, disappointed. She tied her cloth and left Wanderhome, wondering what interesting place it would appear when she next visited it. As it was customary, Cryala stopped and grabbed and handful of rare herbs on her journey, thinking them suitable.

Deciding on the most appropriate place to find a gate to the Divine Fire, she decided that the hottest volcano would suffice. When she reached the gate, she was sweating profusely and her cute button nose had soot upon it. Her hair was lightly singed.

"It is a shame you could not travel, Lord of Divine Flame." Cryala spoke as she entered the Realm of the Divine Flame. "But I am able to. These are for you." Cryala offered the pungent herbs to the Lord of Fire.
    Last edited by Sicarius; 2008-11-29 at 06:41 PM.

6. - Top - End - #246

Re: Lords of Creation 2

i thank you for you gift Cryala, and for coming here to see meIshtar says and take the small bag with two of his claws. now i believe that you came here to discuss my proposal of a defensive allianceIshtar continues as he lay down that he is at eye level with her
    Remember: Hope springs eternal. The dark days will pass and the sun will shine again.

7. - Top - End - #247

Devil

Cryala, the Way Between

"It is a new place, one I have not seen before. The journey was a reward. I am curious as to what you propose." She shrugged her cute shoulders, fluttering a bit above the burning ground with her winged sandals. "Feel free to use whatever posture is most relaxing to you. I can speak to you face to face no matter where you are." Cryala's clothing appears to have carbon scoring upon it from the glorious heat, and the immediate combustion and subsequent extinguishing. It appears that Cryala is having fun with her appearance.

8. - Top - End - #248

The Lord of Entropy looks up from his work to notice the messenger from Ishtar. Of course, I'm slightly indebted to the dragon-god. I will see him immediatly. With that, Lyarin made a quick portal to the Divine Flame.
    You don't want the monster? You don't throw the switch.
    Awesome Avatar by Starwoof

9. - Top - End - #249

Actually because of the way this plane work anyone can come up to me and look me in the eyes, however i feel that it is more polite for me to come down to them, than to ask them to rise up to me. Now let us focus on the matter at hand. I propose the formation of a divine alliance orientated toward defense, for this purpose have i created the pantheon, the sovereign host. The only goal of this pantheon is to defend its members and their followers

10. - Top - End - #250

Devil

Cryala, the Way Between

"So you've said in your message, but I am asking about details. What would I have to do? What would others do for me?"

11. - Top - End - #251

you would have to join the pantheon and, when it wouldn't be to big of a problem with you, you would be obligated to defend the other members and their followers. they would naturally have to do the same to you. other than that you would only have to do what you other wise would have done

12. - Top - End - #252

Devil

Cryala

"So...what you're saying is, I have to help someone else's followers, even if they offend me, and in return, the others defend my followers that don't exist? It really seems like I would be on the losing end of this arrangement."

13. - Top - End - #253

now to big of a problem is decided by the individual deity so if you don't want to, you don't have to help them when they offend you. Now you do have a point when you say that you do not have any followers thus i will extend the offer with a favor from me to you, of your choosing, in an unspecified time in the future, with the only caveat that i get too say no if it is against my principles, but that if i do so it does not count as if you have used your favor

14. - Top - End - #254

Devil

Cryala

"So, in exchange for continued aid from me to you, I get one favor, period?" Cryala giggled. "Your pride is great to offer such a one-sided bargain!" She does not appear offended in the slightest, in sight or sound. Her sandals flutter, and Cryala turns upside and finishes, performing a slow flip in midair. "How long would I have to stay in the Sovreign Host?"
    Last edited by Sicarius; 2008-11-29 at 08:36 PM.

15. - Top - End - #255

Lyarin, The Divine Flame

I believe Ishtar has neglected to mention the fact that you could call on aid from another member of the pantheon. Defense should never be the sole reason for any alliance Ishtara'kaxzárr. It becomes to easy to simply become lax in force and watch the entire structure fall in on itself. A house built against one storm dies when the storm ends. Perhaps it would be better to consider it something of an extended family.
    The Lord of Entropy stepped from his multicoloured portal with a slight hunch to his back, hood pulled negligently up on his silver-grey robe. The robe itself looked a little tattered and beaten, not to mention the genereal feeling of age emenating from it's wearer. Lyarin looked... shrunken, the colours that made him up seemed dull and lifeless, moving slowly.
    Last edited by Aergoth; 2008-11-29 at 08:43 PM.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Troll in the Playground

Lerios

Lerios, who had been watching from high above, had noticed Cyrala, and had wondered where she'd gone. Last he'd seen she was heading in the direction of a large volcano. He had seen her in the Fox's presence and overheard some of their conversation, as he overhead some of everything that had gone on there. For truly, the fake moon he had put there never left, it merely fell back before cloud cover. And so he sent a message to Cryala, whereaver she was.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Dearest Wanderer, I, Lerios the Moon, have come to understand that you have garnered the respect of the Fox. This is no small thing, and though I cannot speak for my kin, if you impressed us surely as you have impressed Lord Fox, a place among the Sky Lords would not be unthinkable, and remember: Only the Wind is truly free to travel as it wills.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

17. - Top - End - #257

Now you seem to have misunderstood me. you see when two or more deities join their power in a pantheon, it will grow. this extra power is then siphoned off to fuel the pantheons purpose, in this case protecting its members. you do not have to give me continued aid, through i would be more than happy to receive that. all you have to do is to use a slight amount of divine power to join the pantheon and in exchange you get a favor from me. the deal is far less one sided than you make it out to be. after saying this Ishtar turns to Lyrian and say
    Lyrian it is an extended family for those who wish it to be so, and even through it would be right to help out the other members no one will be forced to do so
    Last edited by vegetalss4; 2008-11-29 at 08:59 PM.

18. - Top - End - #258

Devil

Cryala

Cryala merely sighed. "But it is. It requires obligation to the idea. And I shouldn't promise something if my whim changes like the wonders of the journey. For I cannot say that I will support you after I leave here. Nor do I wish to choose a side in your divine war with the Sky Lords. I prefer to have no enemies, nor choose favorites among my feuding kin. Just as I cannot choose a favorite place, so too can I not choose a favorite brother."

Cryala turns to go, but then turns back to face the lord of Flame. "I will tell you that it was your conduct, and not your conflict with the Sky Lords, that earned by refusal to join your Pantheon. I was interested, but since your message came to me and I spoke these words, you have convinced me not to join you. Do you understand why?"

19. - Top - End - #259

Ishtara'kaxzárr The Divine Flame'
    Ishtar thinks for a moment then answers
    because i where unable to travel in space

20. - Top - End - #260

Devil

Cryala, the Way Between

(edited, probably shouldn't put in Zen parables that aren't my own devising)

"Allow me to explain." Cryala wiped a tear from her eyes, clearly looking hurt. "You didn't apologize for being unable to travel, mocking my purview. You didn't return my gift. You didn't exchange pleasantries with me before business, not even to ask me about my journey. You treated me like a potential ally, not like your sister." She closed her eyes and opened them again, shedding two tears which seared into non-existence almost immediately after they fell from her immaculate face. She wiped her eyes with her bandana. "How can you expect me to join your pantheon when you act like you don't want me?
    Last edited by Sicarius; 2008-11-29 at 10:14 PM.

21. - Top - End - #261

I wish you well Cryala, but I must know for the safety of my children, you agree to side with neither of our petty factions? They are petty, even I can see that. The Lord of Entropy is weak, even haggard in his speech, more hunched over than before, bowed over with the weight of immesurable years.

22. - Top - End - #262

my heart tells me that the meaning of this Koan is about mercy, redemption and doing the right thing, therefore i believe that you chose not to join because i expected to little of you, in way of these things, thus i am truly sorry. However i hope that this don't have to stain our relationship. If you anytime later wants to visit you shall be more than welcome

Ishtar the turns to Lyrian
    Lyrian are you all right, rest and let the divine flame relax you, so that you might regain your strength Ishtar says and the conjures up a relaxing chair that he then offer to lyrian with a sligth movement
    Last edited by vegetalss4; 2008-11-29 at 10:21 PM.

23. - Top - End - #263

Devil

Cryala, the Way Between

Dotting her eyes, Cryala rewrapped her hair. "Nothing I do is directed, except by me. All of my brothers, I think, are not perfect. But their changes, their imperfections, their growth, is why I love them." Cryala finishes. "I act only of my own accord. For your people's sake, Lyarin, I hope you let them share themselves. There is no growth in isolation, only stagnation."

Cryala turns to leave. "Farewell, brothers. I hope you change for the better when the road finds me here again." She walks through the gate, pausing to see if they wanted any last thing.

24. - Top - End - #264

Farewell sister, may may your steps be ligth and your journey good. and i also hope that we have become better next time we meet Ishtar nods and smiles to her

how about you Lyrian will you join my alliance?

25. - Top - End - #265

Lyarin, The Divine Flame
    I will be fine. I thank you for your courtesy. Lyarin turns to Cryala and manages a feeble grin. Sister, if you find yourself with time to spare, I would invite you to my home. I imagine it would... interest you, only please let me know before hand. I have a habit of not being around. Time to go then. Places to be, more things to do. The Flame is too hot, the abyss is to cold, and I want for neither. The Lord of Entropy laughs, begining to shake almost uncontrolably and throws a portal open underneath himself, seeming to fall through it as it opens.

Lyarin, The World, with Termar and Ramter
    Still shaking with mad laughter, Lyarin arrives in the air near the tree where his offspring sit. Sons, or should I call you son? You have two bodies but you are of one mind in everything. Lyarin floats down through the air, robe in tatters, colours now shifting rapidly, growing cancerously in other places, seeming to take hold of the entirety of Lyarin's form before being subsumed by the general mass. Lyarin looks at the cat. How curious.

26. - Top - End - #266

Devil

Cryala

Walking through the Gate, she ended up back at the volcano. Staring out from the crater, she looked toward the moon, and climbed out of the volcano, ready to see the new path.

Sitting upon the cliffs, she noticed the patterns among the night sky. She giggled and took her first step among the stars, dancing in the twinkling light. She remembered them from her story, and wondered how true her own myth was. Her face was free from being red and puffy by the time she walked towards the Lunar Gate, into the house of the Moon. If Lerios looks at all in the night sky, he can see his sister taking the long route to the Moon, and so he knows that she is coming.

"My Lunar Brother, I am happy to see that you have invited me to your home. This is for you." She handed him her gift, a crystal that changed the amount of light it reflected as he turned it, just like the moon. She spun it once quickly, watching as it went from dark, to full, back to barest slivers.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Rendirllyn smiled. He raised his pipes to his lips again, playing a tune. The notes seemed to dance through Dayo's head, bringing meaning with them. Almost, they seemed to be speaking to him. As he listened to the tune, he found himself realising the meanings of the strange flowing words the Fey spoke, as knowledge of their tongue was granted to him.
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

28. - Top - End - #268
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dayo grinned widely as the music (And the knowledge) flew through him and into his mind. With a nod towards Rendirllyn, he said, "I like your people- I'd like to show them show them something. Would you let me do that?"
    Last edited by Reath; 2008-11-29 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aergoth View Post
    He built shiny pet rocks with an edge. 'Nuff said.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

Lerios

Lerios smiled, he had indeed seen her and traveled to his home. He still wore his Lynx-form and of course his void-cape and Rapier. "It is a beautiful gift, and I will cherish it's beauty" so saying his pushed it into the center of his eye, where it became his pupil and twinkled briefly, before disappearing. "It is good that you came to me and I thank you for it. I was looking for you after you traveled into the Volcanoe, and I saw you in the realm of Lord Flame. I would have come to greet you, but I doubt he would have appreciated the gesture as much as you might have" He grinned, his fangs twinkling like silver, but there was no malice in the gesture.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

30. - Top - End - #270

Devil

Cryala, the Way Between

"You are likely correct, though I would have made this journey anyway."" Cryala examines the new world of the Moon. "For your domain is a lovely one, and the path toward it fraught with peril and beauty in equal measure. I thank you most graciously for this invitation."