New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Breakdown - A Hunger for the End (NWoD)

Alicia "Hawkeye" Reegans

"Roger roger, sir."

Stepping back away from the door and closing in to the others, Alicia waits until Max is done with the disposal of the dead bodies before talking.

"You stay here and protect the room, Sera and Max. Be sure to pay attention, we'll shout if we need help." - With a smirk, Alicia makes way to the door, calling to Titus.

"Let's go, Titus." - She takes a moment to look at the man's sword - "Are you sure you don't want a gun ?"

Alicia leaves the room with Titus, lighting the way with her SMG's lantern, and proceeds to scout the rest of the facility.
    My own homebrewed world/setting: Yay!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Titus
    Titus finds obvious signs of tooth marks on the victims. It doesn't seem to be the work of organ thieves.

Rashad
    The two were trying to delete scientific data that was being stored on this computer. There was a spike in seismic and thermal activity a week ago. The water's temperature is almost boiling. When strange readings like this occur, there's a small wait-time before a warning is sent to the main computer, though this station and many like it across the nation were hijacked by SANITY's computer teams.

The Side Door
    A door on the right opens easily enough, revealing a room full of wide lockers and a table with several grenades stacked and rigged up to a detonator.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

Rashad's eyes narrow as he runs through the data. Seismic activity near the Grand Canyon? It made no sense based on anything he'd learned in school. But things where very different than they had been back then so he'd do well to keep an open mind.

"The severity of his mission continues to rise." Rashad pulls the cable connection between his laptop and the desktop. Remote transmission wasn't viable with his current equipment, any siginificant mass of information needed to be physically moved. He stood, returning the machine to his briefcase and taking out his flashlight baton.

"The mission has changed. We have three primary objectives: discover whatever killed the G.I.s, check the equipment in the station, and return this data information to headquarters. Of secondary importance to gathering direct information on the altered geographic nature of the river water and sweeping the station for conventional Alpha presence."
    "Buddy, if I bothered to think like that would I be standing here today with an octopus-god larva growing out of my neck?"
    Suh'Zahne, Cultist of Ur

"Since things can't possibly get any worse, Red Mage, we turn to you."
    "Prepare to be proved wrong!"

4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground

Max Homily

Max nods towards Alicia. Seems I'm taking orders, but really, I am a bit out of my league, so might as well comply. He holsters the revolver and unslings his rifle once again for his 'post duty.' Leaning it against the side of the wall, he takes out a notebook, jots down a few notes, and replaces the notebook quickly. He's facing the door everyone entered to get inside the facility.

Rifle back in hand, he nods silently at Rashad's remarks.

" You said earlier this was 'atypical AoI behavior.' What makes it special? I see that they're...eaten...but I figured that's pretty normal for z-...uh, Alpha."
    Thanks to kpenguin for the avatar.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

Sera

Zombos typically start with the extremities, they're ambushers and those are generally the body parts they can reach first. Most of 'em can't bend a rifle barrel like that either.
    Sera replies, looking a little jumpy about all of this.
    Last edited by sidhe_blooded; 2008-11-23 at 04:11 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

"Wood is correct. The removal was too ordered and fine. Alpha have no significant mental processing capablility and always seek the most direct method based on their limited mentality. Necks, limbs, and stomaches are the primary bite zones. The stomach may have been the target here but the husks where still in their chairs. Something either disabled them or they choose not to struggle while their organs where devoured."

Rashad clicks his flashlight on, checking the beam to ensure it was fully charged. The weight of the device feels comforting in his hand. He'd used the heavy length of the very same flashlight to crack more than one skull.

"This situation isn't impossible. Strange positions for victims of Alphas have been recorded many times. But this situation isn't 'normal' for victims. As such, investigation is required to ensure we have no surprises."

He turns the flashlight off and looks around the room again.

"As soon as Reegans and Paulson return we'll move to check the state of the equipment. Things are running poorly so far, I want the group tight for this one."
    Last edited by Tadanori Oyama; 2008-11-23 at 04:17 PM.
    "Buddy, if I bothered to think like that would I be standing here today with an octopus-god larva growing out of my neck?"
    Suh'Zahne, Cultist of Ur

7. - Top - End - #37
    Barbarian in the Playground

Titus

Getting up, picking his sword up holding it ready and following Alicia out the room he replied "Guns are loud, and besides, I have my bow for distance." Drawing his sword again and beginning to swing it in fancy patterns at lightning speed he switched to make a handful of quick strike at the air. "And there is something reassuring about about having the weight of a sword in your hand. Plus I never learnt to use a gun" he added the last with a grin, not looking at Alicia but eyes on the move around the surroundings
    Still here, just a little busy to social post

You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til you understand who's in ruttin' command here. ~ Jayne Cobb

Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by: drKarling, The_Chilli_God and The_Chilli_God

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

The ground begins to rumble and the equipment whirls to life. On the monitor, an alert, "Unspecified Seismic Activity", pops up. Somewhere outside, the wail of a klaxon alarm can be heard. A few of the locker doors pop open.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

Alicia "Hawkeye" Reegans

Bracing herself so she doesn't fall to the ground, Alicia quickly regains her balance and gets into a shooting stance, aiming her SMG, with the lantern, to the dark places where someone could be ambushing, paying especial attention to the open lockers. Just in case.

After making sure there were no enemies nearby, Alicia looks quickly at Titus, but remains in a shooting stance.

"Whoa, whoa. Hey Titus, any idea what happened ? Should we go back ? I don't like this. I really don't like this. Since we've gotten here, I have this weird sensation that something is really, really wrong. And what about all those grenades ? Something is really wrong here."
    Last edited by Silverkiss; 2008-11-23 at 06:55 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

Rashad throws out his hand, catching the wall to keep from tumbling when the rumble rolls through the building. "Against the walls!" He pushed himself against the wall, leaning against it to keep from losing balance.

"First clear moment evacuate the facility." He raises his voice, shouting to try and reach the pair he sent to scout over the sound of the clattering lockers. "Reegans, Paulson, outside now!"
    Suh'Zahne, Cultist of Ur

11. - Top - End - #41

Jack 'Titus' Paulson

Nodding at Alicias suggestion, Titus began to back the way they had come. "Yeah, most likely nothing but still, if anyone is in the area if they didn't know we were here that alarm has defiantly changed that"

You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til you understand who's in ruttin' command here. ~ Jayne Cobb

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

Alicia "Hawkeye" Reegans

Nodding back, Alicia starts moving the way back, however still holding her SMG in shooting stance and still focused, even with all the trembling and rumbling. Training sure does pay off.

"Wait, did you hear that ? Heh, I think we're being called back anyway, just in time."

Alicia speeds her way back, eager to leave the eerie facility.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Pixie in the Playground

Max Homily

Max falls back against the wall he was near and gains his balance back quickly. Eyes wide, he looks around wildly at the others, waiting for them to make a move.

"I'm ready to leave when you are!" he tries to shout above the alarm.

Max tightens his grip on the rifle, white-knuckled.
    Last edited by Parasol; 2008-11-23 at 07:11 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

Rashad Barthez

As Reegans and Paulson make their way back into the room Rashad stands up straight, moving away from the wall, his legs a little shaky.

"Everyone out! Homily and Paulson out first, side arms and short blades. Benson and Woods second. Reegans, you and me out last, keep the sub-auto pointed behind. Break for the wagon and regroup. Go!"
    Last edited by Tadanori Oyama; 2008-11-23 at 07:20 PM.
    Suh'Zahne, Cultist of Ur

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

Alicia "Hawkeye" Reegans

"Roger !"

Alicia remains running behind the group, as ordered, covering their backs.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Pixie in the Playground

Max Homily

Max pushes against the wall, slings his rifle and takes out both his revolvers.

"Alright, here we go!" he yells as he charges up the stairs at the door, making a break for the armored wagon.

Dear God please don't let there be anything out there he thinks to himself.
    Last edited by Parasol; 2008-11-23 at 07:17 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47

Jack 'Titus' Paulson

Nodding and following on Max's shoulder, Titus strode forwards ready to divert if trouble arose muttering "More interesting by the second"

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside the sun is just beginning to set. The alarm isn't coming from the wagon. Instead, it is echoing out from a series of massive circular doors opening out from the ground not too far away from the shed. Protruding from each of these bay doors, six in total, are the smooth outlines of very large missiles. The image of a feral wolf's head with the Genesis Industrial logo on top of it can easily be seen.

The missiles finish moving into place as the dust settles. Oliver is standing in the parking lot, "Came outta nowhere." For now the earthquake stops. The low rumble is soon overcome by a series of deep, guttural howls all across the canyon. Not exactly dog-like or natural in the least. One of the outcries comes from inside the facility and there is a great crashing sound of metal on metal.
    Last edited by Maerok; 2008-11-23 at 11:40 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Pixie in the Playground

Max Homily

Max bursts from the building, letting a small yell erupt from his mouth to bolster his courage. He makes it about halfway to the wagon when the earth shaking ends and he notices the missiles sticking out of the ground. Halting to a stop, he takes a moment to look around him.

That's when the howling starts.

"To the wagon or to the shed!? To the wagon or to the shed!? What do we do!?" His panicked cries echo out to the surroundings. Upon hearing the noise from the shed, he makes a quick decision and dashes back to go inside.
    Last edited by Parasol; 2008-11-24 at 02:51 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

(I think everyone is already outside.)

Something reaches the doorway before Max. The figure of a park ranger enters the waning light. A former park ranger.

The creature now standing there is covered from mouth to chest in blood and its hands carry the same crimson hue. Its eyes are prominent and active, deconstructing the threat of the approaching Max with maddened hunger. The infected hunches down and growls. Its teeth are like a shark's and its edged nails tear through hand-knitted gloves.

(Initiative 2)

Maps:
    Spoiler
    Show

General Area:
    Spoiler
    Show

Facility:
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Maerok; 2008-11-24 at 01:55 AM.

21. - Top - End - #51

Jack 'Titus' Paulson

Dropping onto proper stance Titus moved infront of the others, blade ready to strike if the AoI advanced while also allowing the others to move back with safety

(Initiative 8)
    Last edited by Chineselegolas; 2008-11-24 at 01:59 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Orc in the Playground

Sera

Great, we've been here 5 minutes and we've already found gutless soldiers and zombies.

(I can't seem to get the board roller to work for d10's-initiative 17)

23. - Top - End - #53
    Pixie in the Playground

Max Homily

Max skids to a stop for two reasons: One, he just realizes that everyone is already outside and in his anxious state he hadn't noticed, and two, a bloodied ranger stands blocking his path back inside.

Pointing both the revolvers at the hunched-over form, he says, slightly stammering, "H-hey, guys, we've got company!"

((Initiative 17, added shooting rolls in Dice section incase that happens now))
    Last edited by Parasol; 2008-11-24 at 10:27 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

Alicia "Hawkeye" Reegans

"Bad, choice, big boy."

As she was already aiming for the back of the group, the infected's appearance is no surprise, and Alicia readily sends a burst from her SMG in the zombie.

[[Initiative 13, shooting rolls in the Rolling]]

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

Samuel:

On the Bus:

After hugging, shaking hands, and saying his hello's he gets up, smiles, takes his stuff off (bashing his head on the luggage carrier as he does so) of the luggage carrier and prepares himself for whatever might happen.

Before Initiative, after you arrived:

Samuel, who was outside keeping watch for any rogues who happened to wander in whilst the bulk of the group was inside, rushed forward to the group when the alarm went off, but quickly backed off when he saw everyone safely come through. He had not been doing too much other than to look busy and do his best to study and understand the river (being tech savy, but not that tech savy).

During Initiative:

Upon seeing the rather creepy park ranger; he automatically pulls out his loaded gun and fires at him.

OOC: Quick draw (Guns) makes him be able to shoot and fire in the same round.
    I got three success against the zombie. It's a single shot rifle, the traits are in the armory under:

.357 Magnum ... Damage: 3 .... Ranges: 30, 60, 120 feet ... Strength: 2 ... Size: 1/S ... Costs: Two Resources.

I'll pick out the rest of my stuff tomorrow. Sorry it's late where I am at right now.

Initiative: 17. (Huzzah!)

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Alicia fires the first rounds with a burst of her SMG, alerting the others. The rounds ripple across the creature's jacket, though it doesn't seem to care. Max's revolver fires off, dropping the infected where it stood.

Samuel's shot goes over the falling creature's shoulder, only to replaced moments later with a muted howl and the appearance of a second zombie with a hole in its throat.

(Titus can make his move.)

27. - Top - End - #57
    Orc in the Playground

Rashad regrets placing himself at the back of the line as the flash-bang of Reegan's bullets batters his eyes and ears.

'Whatever's going on is far over our heads', Rashard thought.

"Everybody form up, get the firing line together! Reegans, rifle. Woods right, Homily left; crowd control. Paulson, you know what to do. Benson, get to the wagon and give us active cover."

Rashad moved backwards, away from the facility building, keeping his eyes towards the existing threat.

"Eyes open. Check every direction. Stay in formation, quick step. We're going to stop whatever's about to go off and we've got to do it quick."
    Last edited by Tadanori Oyama; 2008-11-24 at 02:50 PM.
    Suh'Zahne, Cultist of Ur

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

Alicia "Hawkeye" Reegans

Without a word, Alicia puts her SMG away in her suit, while unstrapping the rifle on her back. Doing a few quick adjustments, she steps back and enters a shooting stance, aiming at the door, although paying attention to the rest of the scenery, just in case zombies from outside came against them.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

The ringing alarm ceases to burst out from the open missile silos as a last gust of steam jets out of the bay doors.

More howling erupts from everywhere, echoing to make it impossible to pinpoint the many locations. Rashad's sense of the infected is overwhelmed. Alphas begin to crest the edge of the canyon, their hands ripped apart in the effort to scale the edge and red water pouring out of wounds that do nothing to impair them. They begin to cover the distance slowly, stumbling over broken ankles and missing pieces of their bones. With a short while, there's at least fifty ex-tourists dragging their way to you. None of this batch is howling, if you don't count the gurgling sounds of water draining from pierced lungs.
    Last edited by Maerok; 2008-11-24 at 03:49 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Orc in the Playground

Sera

It's Wood, not Woods you overpaid know it all!
    And might I suggest that we make our way back to the bus now? The field trip isn't fun anymore.
    Sera says as he takes her position and opens fire on the nearest zombie.
    rolls-6, 8, 4, 0, 9, 3, 8
    rerolls for 9 and 0-5, 8

five successes for shotgun blast.