New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Breakdown - A Hunger for the End (NWoD)

Max Homily

Max moves into position, holding the left side and keeping his eyes open for any infected to move within range. He nods at Sera's comment.

"Are we actually going to fight them all?! Hey bossman, how's about we take cover inside the wagon or the facility like Sera said? I don't know much about tactics but I'm thinking that a horde of zombies plus whatever is doing that howling versus our little group with guns are not good odds!"

((If there's anything within range on the left side of the group where I'm holding position, Max takes a shot at it with his off-hand revolver. 3 Successes))
    Thanks to kpenguin for the avatar.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

The shotgun blast knocks a few backward, but at that range the greatest damage done is the delay it'll take to get back in motion again. The revolver shot catches one in the chest and only more water seeps out.
    Last edited by Maerok; 2008-11-24 at 05:28 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

Jack 'Titus' Paulson

Keeping his sword at the ready Titus stood between the incoming horde and his team mates, back up ready to dash to intercept or flee for the wagon

((How far are they away, judging in terms of how many rounds thus if it is worth swapping to bow for a few shots before swapping back
    If there is time for 2+ shots (Three rounds+) then will sheath sword and take out bow))
    Last edited by Chineselegolas; 2008-11-24 at 05:52 PM.
    Still here, just a little busy to social post

You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til you understand who's in ruttin' command here. ~ Jayne Cobb

Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by: drKarling, The_Chilli_God and The_Chilli_God

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

Too many and too close to keep the line with this range. The truck couldn't come around fast enough to ram. The facility was behaving almost at random at this point, Rashad was having a hard time judging its over all importance. As it stood, they needed to find out what was going on and why there were missiles arming themselves.

"Drop formation, set into a line, full step back to the wagon. Fire at will, aim to drop or slow, we'll mop up later."

Torn up Alphas wouldn't catch walking humans. If this was the main crowd they should reach the bus in plenty of time. Move and shoot. They could run a new sweep when the scum was cleared.
    "Buddy, if I bothered to think like that would I be standing here today with an octopus-god larva growing out of my neck?"
    Suh'Zahne, Cultist of Ur

"Since things can't possibly get any worse, Red Mage, we turn to you."
    "Prepare to be proved wrong!"

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

Sera

That's the most sense you've made all day.
    Sera comments as she starts moving towards the bus, taking shots as she moves (how many rounds is it gonna take us to get there?)

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

(It's a quick dash to the bus or to the shed. Oliver is already in the bus, waiting.)

7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground

Alicia "Hawkeye" Reegans

"Wise decision, sir."

Alicia starts running back with her comrades, rifle still ready, mainly waiting to shoot any infected that got too close; she wouldn't waste rifle shots on non-threatening targets.
    My own homebrewed world/setting: Yay!

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chineselegolas View Post
    Jack 'Titus' Paulson
    ((How far are they away, judging in terms of how many rounds thus if it is worth swapping to bow for a few shots before swapping back
    If there is time for 2+ shots (Three rounds+) then will sheath sword and take out bow))
    (Titus can take a few shots. It'll take maybe 6 rounds for the oncoming horde to get to the bus.)
    Last edited by Maerok; 2008-11-24 at 06:37 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69

Titus

Sheathing his sword as he backed away, Titus took out his bow and drawing, knocking and aiming an arrow in one smooth motion, loosed the shaft. Flying true (4 successes) it hit the lead AoI

You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til you understand who's in ruttin' command here. ~ Jayne Cobb

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground

Without a ranged weapon Rashad kept to the "back" of the line, between the other Ditchdiggers and the battle wagon. The way appeared clear at the moment but with Alpha you never knew where or how they'd show up so he didn't want anyone rushing into anything, hence the walking pace while shotting rather than an outright run. Situations had a way of changing quickly.

"Homily, drop as many of the leaders as you can, wounded if possible. Let them hit the ground crawling and they'll force those behind to stumble over. Reegans and Paulson on the wagon fire and into the murder silts while we still have some distance."
    "Buddy, if I bothered to think like that would I be standing here today with an octopus-god larva growing out of my neck?"
    Suh'Zahne, Cultist of Ur

11. - Top - End - #71
    Pixie in the Playground

Max Homily

Somehow Max keeps it together and stays with the group, following Rashad's command. He aims at the nearest zombie's leg, hoping for an incapacitating shot. As they're retreating to the bus, he'll do the same to each nearest zombie he can see on the left side alternating between his two revolvers. Once he gets a chance, Max follows the group onto the bus.

((First four shots: 1st is 3 Successes, 2nd is 1 Success, 3rd is 4 Successes, 4th is 2 Successes. Use as needed, will roll more if more are needed.))
    Last edited by Parasol; 2008-11-25 at 05:18 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Orc in the Playground

Samuel "Rat" Jones:

Not being ordered to do anything, Jones stood his ground and continued to shoot at the closest zombie possible as he slowly backed away toward the bus. He knew for a fact that he could outrun the majority of human beings (in a sprint), so he followed Max's lead and tried to take out the closest zombies as possible.

OOC: 3 successes.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

Alicia "Hawkeye" Reegans

Managing to reach the safe vehicle, Alicia quickly climbs up, and covers for the rest of the group to get on the bus.

"What now ? We exterminate them ?"

Alicia looks to the missile silos with a troubled expression.

"And that is definitively not good either."

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

With the numbers at hand, every bullet fired finds a home in some walking or crawling abomination. But it is a surging wave nonetheless and they reach the front of the bus. Bullet-proof glass prevents them from simply smashing their way in, though most simply resort to a steady rhythm of slapping on the sides of the vehicle.

The tech guy crawls up into his loft, looking rather terrified and toying with his uzi. Oliver turns around in his seat, already inured to the faces pressed against the glass inches from his head: "Orders, boss?"

15. - Top - End - #75

Jack 'Titus' Paulson

Having fired a few arrows into the horde as he walked backwards he got into the bus and made his way to his stuff, replenishing his quiver before sitting down. "What did you discover from the computer, anything about those missiles?" Titus said attempting to ignore the tapping on the exterior of the bus

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #76
    Pixie in the Playground

Max Homily

"Are you kidding me? Where did they all come from?" questions Max as he peers forlornly out the bullet-proof glass. He reloads his revolvers with a shaky hand.

"What do we do now?"
    Last edited by Parasol; 2008-11-25 at 09:10 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Orc in the Playground

Rashad slams the door closed behind the last of the team and watches the former humans slam against the battlewagon's transparent armoring. Conventional Alpha were weak alone but their combined weight shattered everything that they pressed themselves against eventually.

"Reverse, hard turn twice around the facility corner away from the canyon then brake sharp and forward. Once we hit the silo edge hairpin it and we'll ride the edge, force the main body of Alpha to cover the distance while we clear the clingers off the wagon once we're at the far side of the silos."

He takes a quick glance over his team, considering weaponry options.

"Wood, shotgun. Everyone else, semi-automatic. Paulson, blade just in case but do not get close; we're clearing here. As soon as we slam still on the far side it's out the escape hatches, drop the clingers, and back in the wagon."
    Suh'Zahne, Cultist of Ur

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

"Aye." Oliver turns the key in the ignition and nothing happens. A look of panic hits his face like a steamroller. Again, the turns the key and the engine doesn't start.

"Heh. Oops." He removes his locker key and uses the right key this time. The engine roars to life and tears off through the swarm. The driver floored it, carefully, and brought the bus around to bear.

*Thump thump thumpathumpathumpity thump*

It came to a stop on the edge of the open silo, almost clipping the missile.

((There's basic fire escapes to the roof and through the windows on each side.))

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

Sera
    Hearing the orders, Sera reloads her shotgun.
    Oliver you freak, label your damn keys.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Pixie in the Playground

Max Homily

Max digs through one of the weapon compartments, finally deciding on two small SMG's as the armored bus barrels through to the missile silos. As it comes to a stop, he grabs a few clips and stuffs him into his pants pocket.

"So...uh...let's get going before they catch up, eh?"

21. - Top - End - #81
    Orc in the Playground

Rashad Barthez

"Sixty seconds, squad. Outside, blast clear, reload, back on the wagon. Paulson on Homily to the left! Reegans with Wood on the right! Jones, over the top and clear the front! Sides sweep under the frame."

Rashad holds one of the handgrips along the ceiling of the altered bus, keeping his balance and standing as they whip around the silos, directing the team to their specific exit points.

They needed to get he clinging Alphas off of the bus before they did any real damage so they could pick off the others on the run and get back to solving this bizzare mission. He moved under the top hatch so that Jones would be able to boost himself up using Rashad as, for lack of a better description, a standing stool. He looked up the wagon towards Oliver.

"Throw the handbrake, shove it into neutral, and gun the hell out of the engine. The second the sides clear throw it into gear and drop the brake. Take us wide of the swarm for a broadside."
    Last edited by Tadanori Oyama; 2008-11-26 at 12:21 AM.
    Suh'Zahne, Cultist of Ur

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

"Aye, aye, capt'n."

23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground

Samuel "Rat" Jones:

Following orders scurried up on Rashad's back and onto the roof, careful that there wasn't a surprise for him as soon as he was on top of the roof; scurried toward the front with his gun in hand, peered over all three sides of the front of the bus. He then started to blaze away at any Alpha's that even so much as quivered funnily.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

A good number had been run over but there were still a few hanging on for dear unlife. As shots ring out, their numbers steadily decline.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Orc in the Playground

Alicia "Haweye" Reegans

Quickly leaving the bus with the others, carrying her trusty SMG, Alicia shoots at the horde of zombies, taking them down with the group. As soon as she is finished, she returns to the bus.

26. - Top - End - #86

Jack 'Titus' Paulson

Peeling off with Max, Titus left Max to deal with any posing immediate threat while he moved quickly among those unable to respond cutting heads off to ensure death is actual.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Orc in the Playground

Sera

Sera left the bus, shotgunning to the face any zombies that got too close and completing her sweep.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Pixie in the Playground

Max Homily

Max goes off to the left side with the medieval enthusiast, armed with the spare SMG and cautiously takes care of the clingers while monitoring the situation around him.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Splat. The bus freeloaders are quickly dispatched and now the rest of the horde begins to come around the side of the shed.

There's a loud racket from the rooftop and the antenna begins to wobble as someone climbs up to the top of the short building with something under their arm.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Orc in the Playground

Rashad Barthez

"Load up!" Rashad shouted as the swarm came around. They had an opening here and they needed to use it. "Everyone inside!" He listened to the engine scream as it ran in place, cranking away out of gear and felt the shutter and roar as they dropped onto first. With the e-brake the wagon hummed and nearly lurched, holding the wheels from spinning like mad. Seconds ticked off.

And then he saw something on the roof of the facility. Alpha climbing things was never good. "Reegans, rooftop! Thurman, go!"
    Last edited by Tadanori Oyama; 2008-11-28 at 06:23 PM.
    Suh'Zahne, Cultist of Ur