New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: NPX: Gates of the Shadowkeep

Darros

"Apologies, Baron. I merely meant to comment on a fascinating discrepancy between your words and actions. As I knew a gentleman such as yourself would not knowingly misrepresent himself, I assumed Erathis was unknown to you. I shall not speak of it again in such context." Darros exhibits a small bow in Atoly's direction.

"As for my title, in my land nobles have no official title until they inherit. I am third in line to inherit the title Squire of Havath, a small county in the elven nation of Essasia. I have been away from home for a long time, and have not emphasized my birth while abroad."

Spoiler
    Show
    With Atoly in the shrine hall
    Last edited by Tanaar; 2008-12-01 at 11:04 PM.
    Ferret in the Playground!

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kazz can only point wordlessly toward the hippogriff statues flanking the double doors, which now stand ajar.

A few of you, noticing the fearful look on Kazz's face, return to the entrance hall, joining Callos who cautiously keeps his distance from the open doors.

The glowing stone hovers at the doorway, illuminating a 30' x 30' foyer.

"What happened?" someone asks.

Kazz points to the doorway with a trembling finger and whispers, "... Grynde ..."

3. - Top - End - #153
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Patash (Dragonborn, Cleric)[/COLOR]

Patash feeling the presenance of Bahamut spends some time lost in chanting softly to his patron in draconic, "Lord Bahahmut strengthen me that I may protect the weak, liberate the oppressed, and oppose the evil."

Kazz's yelp of pain breaks the trance Patash had fallen into, he readies his mace and heads towards Kazz to find out what is happening.
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

4. - Top - End - #154

Elthan

"Grynde what?", Elthan scoffs in the direction on the missing annoying one, "Did he happen to foolishly wander off and vanish?" Elthan takes a moment to count those among him, and the direction of Kazz's finger. He sneers in satisfaction, "Ah, so he has."

He takes a moment to consider the thought of having lost his, savoring the moment to not have to worry about the grating voice of the half-elf. He sighs, however, and slowly approached the foyer. "I would normally not care for the annoying one, but we could use as many sword-hands as we have if case of emergency."

Carefully, the half-elf peers his head into the doorway, eyeing for anything suspicious, and given no monsters or obvious dangers utters darkly into the room, "Grynde, get both your elven and human back-side with the group now or I swear I'll lop your head off!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

5. - Top - End - #155
    Barbarian in the Playground

Goblin

Retay

Retay moves with the crowd back into the entrance hall.

"Grynde?" he asks, confused. He turns to look at the door, and then back at Khazrael's (was it Khazrael?) expression. Eventually he puts two and two together, and gets roughly four.

The berserker moves quickly to the hippogriff doors, arriving just after the more cautious Elthan. He stares into the empty foyer.

"I taught him," he says suddenly. "I taught him the rage. If he's in danger I'm not leaving him." He gropes for the handle of his axe, which still isn't there, then with a shrug he steps forward into the room to begin his search.

6. - Top - End - #156

Retay steps into the dark 30' x 30' room. There is no sign of Grynde. Some leaves have blown into the far right corner of the room.

Stairs against the far wall climb up to the left. A cold draft blows down from the top of the stairs.

There is a dark opening under the stairs, leading to the left.

"More light!" Retay calls.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Orc in the Playground

Mazom

Mazom nods at Fizhans comment, and then points to the water. "If there is anything like a shrine to Avandra around here, this is likely it. She is the god of adventure and luck. As I am pledged to Her, it would be unwise of me to just walk away."

His free hand digs down into his pocket and comes up with a small gold coin, which he tosses into the water. "For good luck."

He follows Fizhan into the shrine-hall, but is interrupted by Retays scream, and hurries to the source of the sound with his sunrod.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Ginevra

"Sehanine... I'm pretty sure that where I came from, Sehanine was the elven goddess of archery." I think S'irene was a follower of Sehanine... Agh, I should be able to remember this.

She is distracted by the commotion in the foyer. "Oh no... This can't be good." She jogs out to the doors and pokes her head into the foyer. "What just happened?"

((OOC: Ginevra is currently standing in the central doorway.))
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

9. - Top - End - #159
    Orc in the Playground

Darros

Hearing his new companions' cries, the sun-haired eladrin finds something more urgent than Atoly's ruffled feathers. Sketching a quick half-bow to the noble, he dashes over to the commotion, calling greater Light to his orb. His free hand softly rumbles with concussive force as he wills a Force Orb into readiness.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As Darros is a storm-focused mage, all of his pertinent powers take on an aspect of natural fury. Until Complete Arcana Arcane Power is out in April(?), actual lightning, thunder, and cold powers are not always available or are not especially useful. So he makes use of a slightly broader range of elements with fluff. Force is akin to the concussive energy of thunder and lightning, acid to the scouring of torrential rain, etc. Unless Dr. B wants to, I'm not intending any mechanical difference to the powers. So Darros's Force Orb still won't benefit from the Raging Storm feat I'll probably be taking at second level, despite imitating thunder. Unless Dr. B wants to house-rule that it does
    Last edited by Tanaar; 2008-12-02 at 11:08 AM.

10. - Top - End - #160

OldWizardGuy

Davek

Noticing the commotion, Davek moves to the hippogryph doors and sees the group is down a man. He moves into the doorway and enters the room behind Retay, keeping close to the walls and in the shadows if possible as he scans the foyer.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[5] Perception to look for any movement aside from Retay, followed by another perception (1d20+3)[21] to look for any hidden trapdoors that Grynde could have disappeared into.

Whoever these keeps belong to, it's clear whoever made them wasn't too keen on visitors, Davek mutters to himself. Perhaps the "owners" should lead the way lest we run into any more security measures keyed to anyone who isn't them.
    Last edited by Nahal; 2008-12-02 at 12:10 PM.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Pixie in the Playground

Atoly Magivol

The situation grows hectic as Atoly returns Darros's half bow. "Perhaps another time then."

Hustling into the foyer, he pushes his way close to the center of the room. Crossing his arms as the draft from above blows over him, he loudly echoes Ginevra's question. "What exactly has happened here?" His attention strays often from the stairs to the other searchers as he waits for a response.

12. - Top - End - #162

Elthan

I was certain that would draw him out..., Elthan ponders to himself, Perhaps there might be some real danger here. Quietly and cautiously, Elthan moves into the room, moving closer to the opening under the stairs until he is shining the light of his candle into the darkness, using his elven sight to see farther than it illuminates. With his free hand, he ushers Retay and Davek to stay close.

Spoiler
    Show
    Elthan is still carrying the candle he grabbed from the earlier table, and has low-light vision if needed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

13. - Top - End - #163
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Patash (Dragonborn Cleric)

Patash arrives at the hippogryph doors as Davek enters and asks, "What has happened?" After listening to the confused explanations he follows Davek into the room. Moving to support the group around Elthan.
    Last edited by Rodrick_the_Red; 2008-12-02 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Ninja'd
    Rodrick the Red

Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

14. - Top - End - #164

Addis Qatur

Addis follows the others toward the commotion, drawing his longbow. He enters the room but stays by the door, allowing others to take the lead.

Spoiler
    Show

Don't forget, anyone around me (within 5 squares or 25') gets a +1 to Perception!
    Melkor, Tiefling Warlock Avatar by Nevitan

15. - Top - End - #165
    Orc in the Playground

Darros

Darros steps into the hippogriff-guarded doorway, remaining on the threshold. Visually scouring the room, he draws his dagger, offering it around. "I noticed some of you are unarmed, without the look of spellcasters. This isn't much, but its better than nothing. Anyone else got a spare weapon to lend?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception (d20+8)[25](Includes bonus from Addis)
    Last edited by Tanaar; 2008-12-02 at 03:13 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166

Kazz

"He was just...I don't know, I think something pulled him in," breathes Kazz. She creeps forward, afraid for the first time she can remember, and tries to get a better look at the hippogriff door.

She takes a slow breath. Relax.

"Gather everyone together before we go any further. There is danger here, and it is not safe to be alone."

17. - Top - End - #167

SolithKnightGuy

Evendur

The paladin rose from his prayers as news of Grynd's disappearance reached him. Moving quickly, he walked into the room, trying to ensure that any spellcasters were behind him to block any danger.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception - (1d20+2)[13] counting Addis' bonus
    The Ishka wiki. Check it out people, it's a cool little city.

My memorial spoiler. Please give a moment of silence for those who have died.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gary Gygax.
    1938-2008

Lord Shojo
    266-407

Miko Miyazaki
    120-464

Therkla
    484-593

Thanh
    511-827

Durkon Thundershield
    001-877

18. - Top - End - #168

Tiriel

Tiriel had stayed behind in the hall of shrines but removed from those discussing religion and titles. When she joins Fizahn and Mazom back into the main room.
    The news of Grynde's mysterious vanishing act leaves her worried, though not for the half-elf. The fact that they find nothing in the next room worries her. Following the others into the hippogriff room, she is surprised to find herself having to stay near the entrance. Such darkness had never bothered her before, but now she found it impenetrable beyond a few feet from the light source. Yet another thing I have lost. she thinks bitterly to herself.

[ooc: yeah i know he's human now but I doubt Tiriel would have noticed]
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel
    {Board Dice Roller} [Roll=name]#d+#[/roll]

19. - Top - End - #169
    Halfling in the Playground

Kavri

Kavri chuckles to himself as he watches everyone rush to Grynde's aid. Pious do-gooders everyone. Fantastic. With no small amount of lethargy, Kavri draws his bow and strolls over to the doorway, checking the expressions of everybody else. Genuine concern? Maybe, but whoever this Grynde person is, there probably isn't much we can do for him. Kavri sighs and peers through the doorway for a closer look.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (d20+10)[13] Includes +1

20. - Top - End - #170

The stairs appear to lead to a walkway on an upper level. The passageway below the stairs runs in the same direction.

Light floods the room from the lights carried by Darros and Mazom.

There is no sign of Grynde. The stone floor is scuffed, though it is hard to tell how old the marks are. Most of the scuff marks lead toward the passageway below the stairs.

There are two small drops of blood on the floor. One drop is found on one of the stairs.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Halfling in the Playground

Harsk

The dwarf hears the commotion and follows the others out of the shrine room towards the hippogriff doors. He draws his loaded crossbow as he moves towards the doors, expecting the worst has finally come. I really don't want to end up as a statue again...hopefully its nothing, but if its those eyes again, I'm getting out of here...let the owners deal with their pet.

"Stay together mates, an' if any of ye need a weapon, I'll lend ye me axe." An I'll kill ya if you lose it.
    Awesome Avatar by bayar

Quoted for the truth:
    Quote Originally Posted by Solo View Post
    But isn't it a racial power of college students to obtain various materials for free over the internets from "legitimate sources"?
    Harsk
    Captain Avery Tortuga

22. - Top - End - #172

Aeroz

Aeroz takes the dagger from Darros. "Thanks...".

He steps warily towards the stairs with the spot of blood. "So..." Aeroz chuckles "who wants to go first?"
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

23. - Top - End - #173
    Orc in the Playground

Mazom

Mazom unsheats his sword, looking on the small drop of blood on the stairs.

"This is either a very obvious track, or a carefully set trap. Letīs find out what. Anybody care to hold the sunrod? That would free up my hand to use my shield"

Avandra, into the unknown with you at my side.

After the small party has readied itself, Mazom follows the stairs with his shield and sword ready and drawn, moving slowly and carefully forward.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Orc in the Playground

Darros

I'm no warrior...best to stay behind those who are. Stepping into the room, Darros tries to stay as close to the middle of the group as possible.

Taking the sunrod from Mazom, Darros dismisses the Light cantrip from his orb and re-casts it on the half-elf's shield. Briefly meeting the paladin's gaze, he nods and readies himself for anything, orb held ready.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Patash (Dragonborn Cleric)

Patash offers his sling to any who wish to use it. Then follows Mazom up the stairs with his mace readied.
    Rodrick the Red

26. - Top - End - #176

Kazz

The middle of the group, Kazz reasons, is a safer place to be than any of the edges. Let those who want to look brave take up the front, and those who just aren't thinking stand in the rear.

She strides forward, stoic, but slightly angry at being caught off her guard. Whoever is lurking in this ruin has a lot to answer for.

27. - Top - End - #177

Fizahn:

Fizahn walks to the room where the commotion is taking place. "Grynde's missing? Shame that. Well, I'll just take the rear and make sure nothing comes at us from behind." The gnome takes the moves to the rear of the search party and keeps watch behind them.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

28. - Top - End - #178

SolithKnightGuy

Evendur

Evendur turns Harsk, "Thank you for the offer. I will take your weapon if no one else needs it right now." He moves to the entrance to the path beside the stairs and readies if case anything comes out.
    The Ishka wiki. Check it out people, it's a cool little city.

My memorial spoiler. Please give a moment of silence for those who have died.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gary Gygax.
    1938-2008

Lord Shojo
    266-407

Miko Miyazaki
    120-464

Therkla
    484-593

Thanh
    511-827

Durkon Thundershield
    001-877

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Ginevra

Ginevra accepts the sling from Patash with a grim smile and a "Thanks." She sticks to the shadows beside the wall, making sure to keep behind Fizahn or Elthan as she approaches the open hippogryph doors.
    Last edited by blackfox; 2008-12-03 at 11:00 PM.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

30. - Top - End - #180

OldWizardGuy

Davek

OOC: What skill would be used to check how fresh the blood is, or need we even bother?

Anybody here much good at tracking? Davek asks. I've done a bit here and there but wouldn't exactly call myself an expert. Perhaps we'd best keep one of the owners near the front too, in case someone asks us what the bloody hells we're doing here.

Davek takes up a position towards the rear, keeping an eye out in case anything follows the group into the passage (assuming that's where we are headed). He silently curses the sunrod for a moment, knowing that it may give their position away more surely than any clumsy oaf in platemail even as he accepts that his eyes will need the light if anything does go wrong.

To Fizahn he says You happen to have any useful information about this keep of yours?