New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Innis Cabal Solo Game

OOC: Innis, please write a short introduction with your backstory and post your character sheet here.

Also, say where you want to start the game.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Innis Cabal Solo Game

Utrini is the son of a crime boss and a young elven slave girl, taught the trade of a thief and racketeer early on in his life. He dispises his father for keeping his mother captive, and has gone out into the world in search of money to buy his mothers freedom.

He has inherited his mothers natueral magical power, and his fathers skill as a thief, even being able to steal the powers of other creatures and people and use it as his own.

He appears as a rather guant young man with shaggy black hair and flaming orange eyes, his skin has been tanned by constant travel and he has multiple piercings and tattoos marking his sorted past.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=76023

CHARACTER START

Utrini sat at the corner of a street, a long stemmed pipe hanging from his lips, watching the passer by in the city. The Journey through the deserts to this city had been rough, made harder by the lack of supplies and blinding heat, he was sure he’d have died had it not been for the kindness of one of the roaming merchants. But it was no time to sit and complain, there was more to do then simply accepting the heat. He shrugged out of the long coat that had made up one of his few possessions in the world, letting it hang to the floor held up only by his belt. He had to get out of the heat and fast, his skin already felt like it was going to burst into flames.

He ducked into one of the many bars that lined the street of the city and took a seat, waving at one of the serving girls and giving his most winning smile.

“Honeeey! Could a poor traveler get a glass of water maybe?”
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

3. - Top - End - #3

The girl smiles and reaches for a large mug. "Would this do?" she asks, filling the mug with a dark, brown beer. You notice a strange discoloration in the beer. It seems almost green, but before you can think, it disappears. The girl, a very pretty red-head of about 15, hands you the mug smiles at you.

4. - Top - End - #4

Utrini looks at the beer

"How much..."

Utrini then push's a chair out from the table motioning to the chair

"And sure, if its stronger then water ya've gotta have company. Even if its just for talkin, gotta lot of questions for you, if you don't mind"
    My Current Works

5. - Top - End - #5

The girl smiles and pours herself a cup of water. "I don't drink spirits." she says, sitting down. Then she moves her chair closer to Utrini's. Although for you, I might make an exception.

OOC: In this bar, you drink as much as you want, then pay at the end; the servers count your beers.
    Last edited by Babale; 2008-11-24 at 05:15 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6

"Oh, you see, really I just wanted a water, lets switch this time...the next round we'll switch again. But this city. Who runs it?"

Utrini tries to give another winning smile
    My Current Works

7. - Top - End - #7

The young women smiled, although it seemed more forced of a smile then before. Of course, if you want... she says, although her heart does not seem to be in it. The girl stretches out, and utters a curse in some strange language when her toe hits the table. Suddenly seeming to realize what she said, she blushes. Pardon my language, good man, but I had a bad teacher. My father was a sailor. And the mayor, actually. She nods at Utrini. What did you say your name was?
    Last edited by Babale; 2008-11-24 at 05:28 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8

Utrini simply smiled, giving the young girls hair a brief ruffle. He was no fool, living in a den of thieves and assasins had made him lose his trust in people, a shame, but probably the only reason he was alive at this point.

"Oh? Sorry, must have said it real low. You can call me Sihi, i'm from one of the smaller outpost's just up the road, your dad's the mayor you say? Well run off and get 'em, I gotta talk with him.

roll a bluff if you need me to
    (1d20+3)[22]
    My Current Works

9. - Top - End - #9

The girl seems shock by your behavior. She raises the beer with a shaky hand and takes a long draught. WAS the mayor, Sihi. He died. She does not seem to want to go on. She takes another sip of beer.

10. - Top - End - #10

Utrini frowns deeply

"Sorry...who runs the place now?"
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2008-11-24 at 05:41 PM.
    My Current Works

11. - Top - End - #11

She looks at you with sad eyes. My uncle, Saretony. Don't ask me to talk to him, though. He hates me and my family. She turns around and raises her shirt, showing a long scar about three inches to the left of her backbone. It runs from below her pant level to her neck. He did this to me when I tried to stop him from killing Father.

12. - Top - End - #12

Utrini gave a weak smile to the girl, if it wasn't a lie, she was more of a kindred spirit then she knew.

"Ya? Pretty nasty scar. So the guys a rat who likes to kill others parents ya say? Well...seems like we've got more to talk about then before. Say...can we get to a place a little less open?"
    My Current Works

13. - Top - End - #13

She nods, then hesitates. My shift isn't over for another three hours. And the boss is a very violent man. She looks over at a door, one with a heavy lock that is marked Office.

14. - Top - End - #14

"Huh...cities just full of those types ya? Shame really. Well, we're I come from we pay respect to the people that work for us. I'll wait till you get off. You seem in the know. I have time to spare."

It was a lie of sorts...its not that were treated poorly, more like they didn't work at all if they messed up.
    My Current Works

15. - Top - End - #15

OOC: So, three hours later?

(Oh, I wanted the first combat scene... Oh well, I guess that's why my rouges always die)

16. - Top - End - #16

((Utrini is a smart rogue, don't make the boss of a place mad ;D. And ya, three hours later'll work, he's not budging. His attention is grabbed))
    My Current Works

17. - Top - End - #17

Three hours later

The girl finally returns to where you are sitting and smiles heartily at you. Hello, Sihi. she says. She smiles again. Are you ready to leave?

18. - Top - End - #18

Utrini nods, standing and placing his coat over his shoulders, giving one of his septum piercings a flick that hums in the air for a moment

"Sure thing kid, you know any safe places we can head? Sorry if its inconvinent, but isolated would be best, work and all, sure ya understand."
    My Current Works

19. - Top - End - #19

The girl smiles again. Sure. We can go to my house. She leads you out the door. But as you are about to exit, a large man grabs your shoulders and twists you around. Hey, kid. What's the deal? he growls. You didn't pay yet.

OOC: You didn't roll for money yet! Please do so now.

20. - Top - End - #20

(5d4)[11]

(it'll be that number x10 of course)

Utrini waves slightly, a sign of his home for sorry

"Sorry, thought water'd mighta been free. I'm sure I have some money here, it was just a glass o'water and a beer"
    My Current Works

21. - Top - End - #21

3 copper pieces. growls the large man. Yesto! You would hurt my friends for three coppers? Shame on you! shouts the girl. She slaps the large man. He looks at her with fire in his eyes. That's it, Jennisa! This time, you went too far! The huge man grabs both of her hands in one wrist and lifts her clear of the ground while punching her in the stomach with the other hand. Sihi! Help! she screams before the large man hits her particularly hard and she falls into unconsciousness.

22. - Top - End - #22

Utrini jumps infront of the girl, his hands flat up in the air, beaming, his eyes squinting shut

"Now now! Lets not hit a poor girl ya? After all, she's just young and misspoke. Maybe 30 gold'll make this all go away ya? I'll take 'er off your hands since she's pushed yer buttons one to many times to. How's that sound bud huh? Not bad, a bag full o'gold and one less annoying kid hangin round."
    My Current Works

23. - Top - End - #23

The man drops Jennisa and raises one eyebrow. Why do you care so much? he asks. But before Utrini answers, he drops the girl onto Utrini's shoulder and holds out his hand, waiting for the gold.

24. - Top - End - #24

"Good question"

Utrini hands the man a small bag of 30 gold

"Pay me 10 gold and I might tell ya"

Utrini winks and then idly dances out of the bar, placings his hands on the poor girls legs to steady her.

"Well, he seemed like a great guy wouldn't ya say? Bit rough though, ya ok up there?"
    My Current Works

25. - Top - End - #25

OOC: She's still unconsious.

Well, you've got a young, attractive girl who is unconscious in your hands. Where do you take her? Or do you want to make a heal check?

26. - Top - End - #26

((I know. And sure, i'll give one a shot))

Utrini walks slightly out of the town, setting his tent up and taking a seat outside, yawning slightly as he tries to wake the young girl up

"Hey now, you missed a great bar fight. Well, not really, but can't have you passing out on me, not after 30 gold."

(1d20+1)[7]
    My Current Works

27. - Top - End - #27

OOC: Wow... Your luck is almost as bad as Arq Kujos.

IC: The girl doesn't wake up.

OOC: Are you doing anything until she wakes up?

28. - Top - End - #28

Utrini drags the young girl into the tent and waits outside, sighing.

"God, I wish someone would pay me 30 gold to get rid of you kid, your already bothering me and its my fualt."
    My Current Works

29. - Top - End - #29

One Hour Later

Sihi? comes a voice from behind you. What happened?

30. - Top - End - #30

"God you were out for a while. Take a seat"

Utrini stands and starts pacing around

"Your boss beat the crap outta ya, thats what happened, but its ok. You were...fired so to speak, more like I lost 30 gold for a glass of water and a beer. But lets level here for a sec k? Your uncle, you wanna do him in for what he did to your pops? And how much money would his head net ya think?"
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2008-11-24 at 07:05 PM.
    My Current Works