New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Classic VIII - Archaeological Wolves

This game was confusing. Partly my own fault because I did not have enough time to devote to the game in these last several weeks.

At one point, the masons all received a PM from the narrators telling us that a wolf was going to autolynch do to real life interference and asked us if it was ok with us to add 1 wolf and add 1 mason (i.e. reassign 2 villagers, 1 as a wolf 1 as a mason I am guessing).

I said no, because anytime the roles get changed in the middle of the game it makes all of the previous rounds invalidated as far as guessing who is what, using voting trends, etc. We did not hear anything back from the narrators.

Well, IIRC a wolf did not get autoed after that PM, so I am still confused as to what exactly happened there.

Anyway, my bad for getting autoed, I really had lost interest in this game. I wonder if it would be a good idea to develop a system of alternates or stand-ins. Sometimes you sign up for a game, and then either real life gets hectic or the game doesn't turn out to be the type of game you're interested in. It would be nice if you could opt-out and let someone take your spot rather than just get autoed.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, what happened is that partway through the game, xNadia had a long trip to somewhere (New Zealand I think) sprung on him by surprise spanning a long time. I think this was shortly after we accidentally killed Eldritch Knight (I swear, I thought he was a mason!) and subsequently lynched. I was pretty annoyed that we had lost DD on Day 1 since he was too busy to play, Reinholdt to a scry, and our Seer to bad luck, and I SURE didn't want to lose xNadia to autolynch when it wasn't his fault. So I asked ZP if he could substitute out xNadia for someone new, like perhaps Andre Fairchild since he had missed signups and wanted to play. We batted some ideas around and then I decided to drop the whole thing and play normally. Unfortunately, he had already sent out the PMs to you, so....

3. - Top - End - #663
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tormsskull View Post
    I wonder if it would be a good idea to develop a system of alternates or stand-ins. Sometimes you sign up for a game, and then either real life gets hectic or the game doesn't turn out to be the type of game you're interested in. It would be nice if you could opt-out and let someone take your spot rather than just get autoed.
    This is already common practice in some games, though it definitely isn't a universally popular way of doing things. Many games now have lists of interested people that will replace the first autolynchees in the game. However, there are quite a few players that aren't too fond of this, for various reasons that have some merit. In one way, it does help to keep a larger active player base and get more people into the game that actually want to play, but on the other it can play merry hell up with peoples spreadsheets when they look for voting patterns.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

4. - Top - End - #664
    Ogre in the Playground

I generally would only allow it in the first 5 days or so, and then lock the player list after then.