New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: A Tale of Dieties - IC

The Vor

Another Hundred years has passed. The Vor continue to grow and expand. The total Vor population finally passes 1 million.

Ksharn

Ksharn is happy with his animal companions. So happy in fact, that he decides to spread this happiness to his people. He takes some of the souls that were being hunted and gives them a choice: They can inhabit animals as a companion, and be safe that way, or stay where they are. Many choose to be partners. A new magical tradition springs up, that of the Beastkin. Soon, they are everywhere in the Vor lands.

Spoiler
    Show
    2 major acts to create "Beastkin". Beastkin are those who bond with a specific animal. That animal soon becomes inhabited by the soul of a "failed Vor". This increases the intelligence and power of the bonded animal.3 minor acts to increase awareness of this new magic in Vor lands, to increase the health of prospective animals, and to increase the population of the Vor.
    Thanks to Edwin for the Avatar!

2. - Top - End - #332
    Barbarian in the Playground

Leodin

Leodin kicked a rock. Wonderful...Just wonderful! 200 years and not a single conflict. The gnomes were full of hot air, it seemed. Their god did not make a sound. Even the lousy Ekari were silent.

Leodin struck the ground in some mountains on the other side of the gnomish empire respective to the leponite empire. From the dirt rose a multitude of small furry humanoids, blinking in the sunlight. They looked like grey leponites, though they were smaller and had shorter, rounder ears. Their teeth were not as pronounced and their faces were not quite as heavy.

The Ochots, as Leodin called them, set to work building cities in the mountains. Just as the Leponites had a knack for agriculture, the Ochots were adept at using the stone and metal around them to their greatest advantage.

Unlike the Leponites, Ochot society was generally ruled by a group of elders. They lacked the sophisticated government of their lowlands bretheren and could not support families as large on the mountain faces.

Nevertheless, they adapted, continuing to grow in their mountain viliages

Spoiler
    Show
    2 Major acts to create a new race, the Ochots, a mountain dwelling Lagomorph People.

3. - Top - End - #333

Shouheki

Home of the First 13, Safehouse - Ronin Toroda

The fox considered the creature's offer for all of a heartbeat. Sure, it meant that he would turn from his god, his ancestors, his wife and kits, and in return all he would gain was immortality? It was almost a laughable trade. There was no other option.

"Teach me. I want to learn. I don't want to die."
    Today’s lesson is brought to you by the number e and the letter 7
    Spoiler
    Show
    A not unblack dog chased a not unsmall rabbit across a not ungreen field.
    - George Orwell, Language and Politics

Awarded 1 Internet by Vuzzmop
    Awesome teacher avatar by Ceika

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ettin in the Playground

Time to shake things up

The earth shook! Buildings collapsed all over the world as their foundations thrashed, innocent kitsunes and gnomes were crushed and smashed to death, dragons were trapped in their caves.

It abated, then began again with an even greater ferocity, gouts of flame shooting out from the earth itself. This seemed to last forever to the mortals, but was over within five minutes. The earth quieted, but fire and destruction remained among the mortals.

The gods themselves hear a scream of rage as the earth shakes, a scream from beneath the earth that seems to go straight to the mind without passing through the ears.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

Vor
    The Vor watched as yet again a disaster hit their home. Buildings collapsed, fires started. Yet, like everything else, they endured. Buildings were repaired, fires were put out. On the advice of the Shamans, the smiths started producing weapons and armor. The Beastkin trained harder. The Birthrate and survivability of the Vor also skyrocketed.

Ksharn

This....is not good.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 Minor act to boost population growth, 1 minor act to boost production of arms, 1 minor act to boost recruitment of Beastkin and shamans.
    Last edited by Krrth; 2009-01-10 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Forgot to put the act to boost population.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Pyre Islands

The Salamanders also suffered substantially from the disaster. Fortunately, they were, just like the Vor, a strong and enduring people. However, they saw in the terrible fires and the general devastation the work of their god, Oghi. What could this mean? Why did their divine father have to punish them? Had all the Salamanders grown lazy, much like Sloth and his clan, or had they been too peaceful and not enough raging? The shamans of the Plains of Ash didn't have to wait too long for an answer. As they sought the wisdom of the Elements, they came in contact with the Tempest, the spirits of wrath. The spirits grew restless...well, more than usual. They, too, had heard the scream during the cataclysm; since then, they have had difficulty to control their rage.

So the shamans listened to the voice of the spirits. They concluded that it was their duty to cure the earth from something that was harming it from inside. And to do so, they needed to travel around the world and find out exactly what was wrong with it. The message quickly spread to the neighbouring clans and eventually to the entire archipelago. Salamanders everywhere began to mobilize. New weapons and watercrafts were developed. Soon, thousands of people left the Pyre Islands on what would no doubt be a perilous journey; some in search of glory and riches, others on a spiritual quest.

Thus began the Exodus.

------------------------------

Oghi

Oghi appeared to Ksharn.

"Lovely day, isn't it? I'm slightly jealous, you know. I wish I was responsible for those superb fireworks."
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2009-01-10 at 01:59 PM.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

Ksharn

It was...Interesting. It doesn't bode well for us though. I've got a bad feeling that we need to arm our people, and fast. That, and prepare for defense. Any ideas?

While Ksharn was talking, his people were busy. A government was organized. The Lesser council was formed in each city. This council consisted of 5 members, one each from the Shamans, Beastkin, Warriors, Engineers, and Laborers. A Greater Council was also formed, mirroring the lesser council, but in charge of the entire Vor nation. In addition, a third city was built in the middle of the desert, near a major oasis. This city was designed specifically to be a training ground for all those who may soon be needed. All the knowledge of the Vor was stored here. Placed in charge of this city was the reincarnated soul of the very first Vor.

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, we've got some rituals to spend, or at least I do. Preferably tonight, as I already have 3. Any ideas as how to better prepare our people?

Spoiler
    Show
    Three lesser councils, 5 lvl 12 Vor each (3 minor). 1 new city. (1 minor). Greater council, consisting of the 5 most powerful Vor from each of the disciplines (1 minor act each, total of 5 minor acts). Created an Exarch. (1 major).
    Last edited by Krrth; 2009-01-10 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Rather than double post....

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Oghi

"I remember a bit about a dragon below. I suppose that's him? I wonder what a "dragon" looks like. Perhaps something like this."

Oghi coughed some burning ash. As the smoke cleared, Ksharn noticed that the ash that had fell on the ground took the shape of a beast. It looked like a cross between a large bird and a reptile. The creature, about the size of an ostrich, was covered in scales. It had the talons of a raptor and the wings of a bat. Its mouth was full of razor-sharp teeth.

"Heh. Not bad. Anyway, we could always use that as a weapon. Thousands of them, to be more precise."

Artistic rendition of the Fire Drake
    Spoiler
    Show
    [B]

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: 1 ceremony to create Fire Drakes
    The Salamanders won't really be using mounts...I think it would be difficult with their body shape.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2009-01-10 at 10:49 PM.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

Ksharn

I agree. Combining your power and my own, we should have a nice little bundle of death here. We might even be able to breed them for different purposes. I'm thinking the mounts for my people, and a much larger version that can be used as a siege weapon. What do you think?

Spoiler
    Show
    1 ceremony to create firedrakes.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Oghi

"It is an interesting idea."

As Oghi infused the new creatures with the essence of fire and wrath, some of them grew to a larger size, others became more agile, and thus several breeds were created.

Spoiler
    Show
    Minor act to make the firedrakes a bit more varied

11. - Top - End - #341

Leponites and Ochots

The leponites had anchored themselves into the earth and it would take far more than a little cataclysm to shake them free. The destruction caused was met with annoyance and anger, though it was not quite as bad as it could have been, for the grace of Leodin was upon the land.

With the help of labor beasts and golems, the leponites slowly rebuilt the cities and downs that were destroyed.

Likewise, the mountain dwelling Ochots didn't really have anything to lose and, because they were so few in number, they did not suffer to many losses to the anger of the earth. Still, they were frightened and retreated underground to live in the mountains' caves.

-------------------
    Leodin

Leodin had felt the rumblings and shakings of the earth. He remembered what that voice in his head had said when he was battling Shouheki. Something would happen, and he would have to be prepared.

The protector god traveled to the world's sun. In that celestial furnace, he took off his armor and shield and began to work on his blade. When he was finished, he held it above his head and gave it a swing, the divine energy coursing though it. Leodin could feel the energy course through his arm as he held the mighty weapon. He called the blade Samdir

He worked also on his shield, turning it into a mighty barrier that could withstand the most terrible abuse, turning away even the most brutal affronts. This shield he simply called Barrier.

He made his way back to the world below to seek out answers.
    Spoiler
    Show
    2 major acts to create 2 artifacts: Samdir and Barrier.