New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Legend of the Ebon Eye

Apzaal reads the newest information update. He curses profusely, in several different languages. Those "Storm Templars" have nearly surrounded us! Something must be done about this. We need more warriors. Quickly, start the fires burning stronger than ever in the Burning Plains! He turns to his aid, quickly writing orders to his generals, and orders him to deliver them.

Go Tigers!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

M'lord, this is a risky venture.

I'm aware. Prepare the troops.

Lathian turned out to the front gates, and was greeted with the sight of a few hundred rather peculiar infantry men, with his shadow warriors in tow. He sighed.

Yes, we certainly would like them back. Um. Thank you, I suppose. Did you rough them up on the way here? No? Well, see if you can't do so before you return them.

Captain, I'm very, very dissapointed in you. I wish for you to take your troops back to Ulthuan at once.

But m'lord, we...

That is an order soldier. Think of it as a leave for vacation. One that may last a while, as far as my command is concerned.

... Yes m'lord.
    Last edited by Yukitsu; 2008-12-11 at 02:13 PM.
    Me: I'd get the paladin to help, but we might end up with a kid that believes in fairy tales.
    DM: aye, and it's not like she's been saved by a mysterious little girl and a band of real live puppets from a bad man and worse step-sister to go live with the faries in the happy land.
    Me: Yeah, a knight in shining armour might just bring her over the edge.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Freeport, Underground

Spoiler
    Show
    Captain Orman regained consciousness slowly and to a great deal of pain, "What the hell is going on? Where am I?" He couldn't feel his legs or arms but he could tell they were tightly bound and his head felt like it was full of rocks... sharp rocks... that hated him. His headache wasn't helped by the constant wailing and chanting that echoed in the pitch blackness around him.
    "Oh good you are awake. I had feared that a double dose would kill you. That would complicate things, the I need you alive for the ritual to be effective." The feminine voice seemed familiar, but very far away. The Captain found it hard to remember where he had heard that voice before with all the chanting. "You see, the your army works primarily on your force of presence commanding and uniting it, without you we would have a hard time achieving the goals of our masters."
    "What the hell are you talking about? What masters? What ritual? What could possibly posses you to think I would help you -" The words of Captain Barret Orman were cut short when the curved blade severed his throat. The chanting abruptly stopped leaving only the sound of blood hitting granite.
    "It really is to bad...", Teresa Orman, daughter of the late Captain Barret Orman, said as the ritual came into effect, "You were a brilliant military force. Just a little too trusting. It will be hard to go on without you. But in the end... the rewards will be worth the sacrifice."
    Her form suitable for the task, Teresa Orman set out to take her place as leader of the Native Defense Force.

Freeport, Aboveground

Back at the barracks a young soldier watching the gate saw a figure approaching in the foggy night. "Hold! Who goes there!"
    "Calm down private, its just me.", the mist cloaked form of Captain Barret Orman says from the fog. "Call an emergency meeting. I just thought of something that might win us this war..."
    Last edited by Sacrath; 2008-12-12 at 01:23 PM.
    "I'll give you a 10 second head start; if I catch you, I eat you."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

What in the hells are they? Amon yelled over the chaos of the fray, his paired blades flying in wide arcs to sever the many fanged tendrils that reached for him.

Daemons. Give them not an inch! The Druchii warlord yelled above the fray.

All around them the black-skinned creatures tore a bloody swath through the mob of slaves they had brought to the forests. Their screams were gurgled and hoarse as the creatures ripped through them like a thresher through wheat. A cacophony of disturbing shrieks were loosed from their horse-legged foes... each emitted through a dozen mouths. They were beings of chaos and taint... and Tallis knew that they meant he had not been wrong about his feelings when first approaching the island.

The daemon is here. He must be. Chaos is strong here. He thought to himself as he hewed through one of the creatures with his Draich... severing it's torso in a shower of brackish ichor.

Amon was struggling. A skilled warrior, he was... but he lacked his father's strength and resilience. As Tallis moved to help him, a fanged tendril snapped out, catching him around his sword arm... digging into the armor that covered his pale flesh. The beast who held him was larger than the rest, and it's fanged mouths gnashed in anticipation of it's meal. As it dragged him towards it, Tallis lifted half a smile.

Fool creature. Think you I am just some weak mortal thing to serve your hunger? He spoke coldly, The power of your master runs in my veins. You are nothing to me.

As the best lunged foward with it's largest mouth, the warlord stood firm... a literal fire glowing in his eyes. Thrusting out a single gauntleted hand to the beast's maw, flames licked along his body and rushed to engulf the beast in blistering fire, even as he took hold of it's throat in one hand, and tore it from the creature's body in one deft motion.

Peeling the daemon's tendril from his arm, he turned to assist his son, as they pressed the attack. The slaves around him died as the fodder they were... but there were always more slaves. And Tallis the Butcher would not be denied the land he sought. His new home... Or the one creature who's fate was tied to his.
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

Nekkid Kyra avatar by Keris Rain!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Combat Phase begins!

Round 3 battles, Part 1 of 3 (attacks vs neutral territories)

The Druchii advance from the Thorngrove Forest to the south. To their surprise, no monsters inhabit the hills, or so it seems. As the sun goes down and darkness falls, they realize why animals and monsters avoid the place. Eerie screams fill the chilly night air and semi-solid shadowy forms rise from the ground. The ghosts attack!

Spoiler
    Show

Slave mob
    (1d6)[3]
    +1 shock tactics

vs

Ghosts
    Combat value: 3
    +1 terrain

Tie breaker
    (1d2)[2]

OOC: Posting the rest of the battles later...
    Last edited by Kensen; 2008-12-14 at 06:03 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36

Part 2/3

The Storm Templars march west, to the Haland Swamps!

Spoiler
    Show

Kolditz I
    (1d6)[6]
    Kolditz II
    (1d6)[5]
    Stormknights I
    (1d6+2)[4]

vs

Dahhak
    (1d6)[6]
    Marids
    (1d6+2)[4]
    +1 Cavalry Tactics

Tie breaker
    (1d2)[2]

The Unending Horde attacks the Gateway Hills!

Spoiler
    Show

Dahhak
    (1d6)[3]
    Marids
    (1d6+2)[6]
    +1 Cavalry Tactics

vs

Kolditz I
    (1d6)[5]
    Kolditz II
    (1d6)[2]
    Stormknights II
    (1d6+2)[7]
    +1 Phalanx Tactics
    +1 terrain

Tie breaker
    (1d2)[2]

The Asur launch a naval attack on the Burning Plains!

Spoiler
    Show

Asur
    (1d6)[2]
    Asur
    (1d6)[5]
    Asur
    (1d6)[5]
    Asur
    (1d6)[5]

vs

Dahhak
    (1d6)[6]
    Marids
    (1d6+2)[5]
    +1 Cavalry Tactics

Tie breaker
    (1d2)[1]

The Native Defense Force attacks the Sorrowlands!

Spoiler
    Show

NDF Infantry
    (1d6)[4]
    Veteran Cavalry
    (1d6+2)[3]
    +1 Cavalry Tactics

vs

Armoured Warriors
    (1d6)[3]

Tie breaker
    (1d2)[2]
    Last edited by Kensen; 2008-12-15 at 04:44 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37

*drum roll* ta-da!

Part 3/3: The Battle of the Valley of Gods!

One of the factions was courageous enough to attack the Valley of Gods! But which? First, let's have a look at the Valley!

The Valley and its Inhabitants

Spoiler
    Show

If it wasn't for the apparent taint of chaos and evil in the Valley, it could be called a paradise on earth. Its once verdant gardens and pristine lakes and rivers now reek of decay and death, and even the rays of the sun seem to avoid this place.

An ancient walled city whose name is long forgotten lies in the center of the valley. The gates are guarded by mirror fiends, evil faceless creatures who can mimic the appearance of their enemies.

Outside the temple of Skaless, an elder being called Tentacleon waits... its black tentacles are one hundred feet long... its single blood red eye glows menacingly.

Inside the temple, the son of Skaless, Maldeicus, guards his father's eye. Little is known of the demigod, but he is sometimes called the Torturer, or the Father of Nightmares.

The Battle!

Spoiler
    Show

Mech Golems I
    (1d6+2)[5]
    Mech Golems II
    (1d6+2)[4]
    Mech Golems III
    (1d6+2)[5]
    Siegecraft

vs

Mirror fiends
    (1d6)[4]
    Tentacleon
    (1d6+2)[6]
    Maldeicus
    (1d6+4)[10]
    +1 City Walls

Tie breaker
    (1d2)[1]

8. - Top - End - #38

Map updated! (I'll send the End of round reports later...)

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

Tarken strode through the burning swamplands, the muck and bilgewater lapping against his boots. His rapier was covered in the bodily fluids of extra-terrestial creatures, as were the weapons of the Stormknights behind him. He strode through the fray untouched, his weapon flashing and quickly making work of any demon unfortunate enough to try and touch him. He walked through the carnage and death - the former being the Kolditz's work, the latter the demons' fate - until he came up to the leader of these infernal beasts, fighting five Kolditz at once. Even though this martial feat was difficult, to say the least, Tarken didn't even blink as he marched forward.

"Good evening - Apzaal, was it? I'm afraid that you, like many before you -" He ducked a swipe meant to rip his head from his shoulders. "- have made the mistake of being in the way of the Kaiya family. I'm afraid your soverign territories are now the property of Tarken Kaiya." He batted aside another slash, stepping forward so that he was face-to-face with the beast. "Die."

As his rapier plunged through Apzaal's breast, the demon screamed and disintegrated into ash. Tarken turned to Captain Zakir of Clan Haarhorsen. "Captain, you will clear out these wetlands of any further demons and ensure the safety of the settlers coming west. Understood?" Zakir grinned. "Perfectly, sir. Let's go kill zum demons..."
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

A small ship sailed into the city today, bearing the exact news lord Lathian wanted to hear. The local commander knew what to do already, however, and as such, no return message was sent. Instead, a carrier pidgeon was readied. As the lords attendants prepared the bird, Lathian put pen to paper, and in the most refined of handwriting began to adress the mortal enemy of the Asur. It started: "I've got you in my sights now, Druchii scum. Know this. By the end of the day, your floating dollhouse will be a summer playhouse for what children I deem fit to have, which may or may not be a long time in coming. For you're sake, I hope you've cleaned out the prisons rather thoroughly, as you will be attending to their comforts for quite some time." The letter was concluded "Sincerely, Lord Lathian Sky." The pidgeon was given its tiny yet vitriolic cargo and sped off to the black spire to the west.

I always do find myself to be much more chipper after venting my frustrations, wouldn't you agree?

I wouldn't know m'lord.
    Last edited by Yukitsu; 2008-12-15 at 06:23 PM.
    Me: I'd get the paladin to help, but we might end up with a kid that believes in fairy tales.
    DM: aye, and it's not like she's been saved by a mysterious little girl and a band of real live puppets from a bad man and worse step-sister to go live with the faries in the happy land.
    Me: Yeah, a knight in shining armour might just bring her over the edge.

11. - Top - End - #41

Round 4 begins! (and ends on Thursday at 11:59 pm EST)

Rolling initiative for Round 4

The Unceasing Vigil
    (1d1000)[52]
    The Storm Templars
    (1d1000)[699]
    Druchii Exiles
    (1d1000)[594]
    Native Defense Force
    (1d1000)[113]
    Asur Colonial Expedition
    (1d1000)[631]
    The Golem Host
    (1d1000)[189]

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

On, the druchii marched into the northern plains... seeking out the one that their lord desired without pause. The trip was long and difficult, and many were lost along the way. Still, Tallis pushed on without fear or exhaustion, even as his men and slaves fell around him.

Father... we can not go on like this! Amon called to him... the boy struggling to keep up as they crossed the rocky terrain. We will have no men left soon!

It does not matter. Only our destination matters. The warlord spoke, and Amon could swear he heard a twinge of worry, over what, he knew not.

This is madness! He called, turning the warlord's head almost immediately.

No! He yelled in anger, Madness was the pact I made, ages ago! Now I go to correct that mistake, before another...

With a sudden lurch, the warlord staggered forward, as if something had just stabbed him. A look of pain came over his face for the first time in over two centuries, and fire... literal fire... licked up his body from nowhere. To the distant north, there came a massive scream, like that of a being not of this world... echoed throughout all of reality and existance. Tallis mirriored that scream with his own, as the fire subsided, leaving him unsinged, and he pitched forward into the muddy ground.

Father? FATHER! Amon yelled, rushing to him.

The warlord had fallen... and barely did he draw breath.

--------------------

What is wrong with him? Amon said in a frayed tone, pacing about the healer's tent.

It had taken him days to return to Kar Ganeth, and the entire time, his father had not awoken for more than a few minutes at a time. Something was wrong with his heart... but that was all the young man could tell. He had seen his father survive mortal wounds... and tear the armor from a man with his bare hands. He thought of the man as a god... as did many of his soldiers. It pained him to see him this way.

Looking over him was Serafima... his mother. He could see the look of pain in her eyes as her hand rested lightly on the chest of her lover... just above his heart.

Tallis... she spoke softly, before looking to her son, I understand now, why he came here.

Mother, what is happening?! What is wrong with him?

Long ago... your father and I were in lands far from here. No more important than any common soldier in our force. We had been stranded in the human lands for years... left behind when our Ark was forced to withdraw from their shores. She explained, pausing only to take a long, mournful breath, We had no way home... save one. There were tales of a temple in the southern wastes, where a daemon of great power was sealed. It was said it could give a mortal anything they should desire, should they free it.

You can't mean to say...

Seraf nodded solumnly, I had thought... he would ask it to send him home. But he did not. He wished for it's power. To be as strong and immortal as the beast we freed. They... were bound.

So father is... Because something has slain the daemon? Realization crept into the boy's voice.

I... would imagine so. Seraf said, taking her lover's hand, That must be why he came to these shores. And why he pushed so hard for the northlands.

I saw the ships... there are Asur to the north. They... they are the reason for this! Amon said fiercely, his hands clenching into tight fists. Weaklings! They feared to come at him directly so they do this? I will make each and every one of them suffer!

Amon, please. We are in poor position now. We can not afford to... Seraf tried to reason with him, but the boy would hear none of it.

Father would have died fighting, like a warrior. Let them come! I will pay them back for what they have done! He vowed, striding from the tent, to make preperations for war... in what may be his final battle.
    Last edited by BloodyAngel; 2008-12-17 at 10:19 AM.
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

13. - Top - End - #43

Chryses sat on the grass of the hills, as the dawn rose.

"I thank you for shining upon me, Preya. Our forces are strong, our coffers full. There are allies surrounding us, fellow upholders of the Light. I am sorry you chose not to shine upon the Golem Host as they tried to claim the Eye. They have sacrificed the most in this conflict, and I weep for their dead, even though they be mindless Anima, not having achieved true life, though they try. May you shine upon me till I fall in Battle for your cause."

He stood, turning his back to the rising sun, and walking back to the Temple, to prepare.

"Dawn give us your favour."
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.

14. - Top - End - #44

The Combat Phase begins!

Attacks vs neutral territories

The Native Defense Force fights the ghosts in the hills west of the Valley of Gods.

Spoiler
    Show

Free Companies
    (1d6)[5]
    Veteran Cavalry
    (1d6+2)[7]
    +1 Cavalry Tactics

vs

Ghosts
    +1 terrain

Tie breaker
    (1d2)[1]

15. - Top - End - #45

Faction vs Faction

The Asur attack Kar Ganeth!

Spoiler
    Show

...but the Black Ark has withdrawn from the coast and is nowhere to be seen. The Asur find only a ransacked coastline devoid of life, and the harbor the Druchii left behind.

The NDF attacks the Ironspike Hills!

Spoiler
    Show

Free Companies I
    (1d6)[1]
    Free Companies II
    (1d6)[5]
    Elite Cavalry I
    (1d6+2)[7]
    Elite Cavalry II
    (1d6+2)[3]
    +1 Cavalry Tactics

vs

Armoured Warriors I
    (1d6)[4]
    Armoured Warriors II
    (1d6)[4]
    Mech Golems
    (1d6+2)[4]
    +1 terrain

Tie breaker
    (1d2)[1]

The NDF attacks the Kairin Swamps!

Spoiler
    Show

Free Companies I
    (1d6)[6]
    Elite Cavalry I
    (1d6+2)[8]
    +1 Cavalry Tactics

vs

Armoured Warriors I
    (1d6)[5]
    Armoured Warriors II
    (1d6)[6]
    +3 City Walls

Tie breaker
    (1d2)[1]

EDIT: Map updated!!!
    Last edited by Kensen; 2008-12-19 at 09:04 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46

The Revelation of Maldeicus

At night, Maldeicus speaks to each faction leader in their dreams.

Spoiler
    Show

HEARKEN, MORTAL SOUL!

FOR I AM MALDEICUS, THE TORTURER, THE FATHER OF NIGHTMARES.

THE EBON EYE HAS AWAKENED, AND EVERYTHING IT LOOKS UPON BECOMES CORRUPTED AND LIFELESS. YOU ARE ALREADY DEAD. YOUR SOULS ARE MINE TO TORMENT FOREVER.

THE SEA TURNS TO BLOOD
    THE AIR BURNS LIKE FIRE
    THE MOUNTAINS CRUMBLE DOWN ON YOU
    YOUR STEEL BECOMES BRITTLE
    YOUR STONES SHALL SHATTER
    YOUR BONES ARE BATTERED
    YOUR FLESH SHALL ROT
    YOUR BLOOD BECOMES PUS
    YOUR WILL IS BROKEN
    YOUR STRENGTH SHALL FALTER

AND ONLY ONE OF YOU CAN ESCAPE THIS FATE
    THE ONE WHO HAS THE EBON EYE

THE TIME IS NIGH
    CHALLENGE ME
    AND CLAIM THE ULTIMATE PRIZE
    OF IMMORTALITY
    AND GODLIKE POWER
    OR FLEE
    LEAVE THIS ISLAND
    LIKE THE WEAK COWARDS YOU ARE!

17. - Top - End - #47

Round 5 begins!

Round 5 ends on the 24th at 11:59 PM EST. However, if you're terribly busy because of the holidays and stuff, please let me know.

...oh and *ding*...

Spoiler
    Show

Round 6 special feature: Level Up!

Those of you that make it to Round Six (i.e. next round) receive a special boon. Your faction leaders level up and get to choose an additional Warlord Trait! *ding-ding*
    Last edited by Kensen; 2008-12-20 at 09:51 AM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Ironspike Hills, by firelight
    "I don't understand it. Why are we attacking the Golem Host? I have relatives that live in the City of Deitrich. They are as much natives as we are."

"Yea but they're traitors see? I heard they were helping the elves take over."

"Which ones? The ones on the other side of the island that we have had no engagements with or the ones right next to us that we have had no engagements with? I thought they were going to be our primary target. So far our Native Defense Force has only attacked things that are native."

"You would have left The Legion of Blight untouched then?" the resounding voice of Captain Orman asks from beyond the firelight. I think you had some relatives in their ranks as well."

The first soldier goes pale, "No sir!"

"Do you think of yourself as officer material? Do you believe that you could run this war better? Perhaps you want my job?"

"No sir!"

"Then keep your oppinons to yourself, your job is to follow orders, my job is to win this war. Which I will. Now report for watch."

"Yes sir."
    "I'll give you a 10 second head start; if I catch you, I eat you."

19. - Top - End - #49
    Firbolg in the Playground

Oliver himself walks outside his capital. Looking at the mass of soldiers preparing to attack the capital.

It is over, Native Defense Force, you have won. I cannot stand against you. I will not lose men fighting you. You may occupy Deitrich as you wish. Good luck, and crush the invaders.

20. - Top - End - #50

Rolling initiative for Round 5

The Unceasing Vigil
    (1d1000)[829]
    The Storm Templars
    (1d1000)[701]
    Druchii Exiles
    (1d1000)[124]
    Native Defense Force
    (1d1000)[332]
    Asur Colonial Expedition
    (1d1000)[189]
    The Golem Host
    (1d1000)[753]

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Amon Duanthmoor lifted his head with a groan. His world felt fuzzy and numb. Last he had remembered, he was rallying his men to press into the Asur for one final bout of revenge. He felt a dagger pierce his side, and then... blackness. What treachery was this? The asur, cowards that they were, refused to even meet him in battle to claim his life?

Looking shakily about the room, he saw no Asur. He was in a healer's camp... alongside his father. Just the sight of the once great warrior laying still and barely alive filled him with anger again. But his limbs were heavy, and he could not move them.

Amon. You are awake. He hear his mother's voice. At the very least, it meant he was among kin. The asur's assassination attempt had failed.

Wretched... cowards... He spat, letting his head thud back. They sent and assassin... for...

I sent him, Amon. His mother told him, placing a wet cloth against the young man's head. I could not let you rush off to die.

What? You?! Why? He yelled, straining to get up but finding each movement impossibly painful. After what they did to father...

You think losing you as well would make his loss any easier for me to bear?! The frail woman raised her voice to him, for probably the first time in her life, You think because I can not fight, I do not anguish over this?! Do you?!

Amon stared at her in shock. His mother had always been such a quiet, reserved woman. She was sickly and weak... at times he had wondered why his father had chosen her over a stronger woman. Hearing her sudden burst of force and anger was not something he was prepared for.

I have moved all our remaining forces to the woods. Without your father's presence, the other druchii have given up on this land. We have only a few hundred loyalists, and several times that in slaves. She continued... composing herself shakily after her outburst, We have only one hope at this point. I have seen a way. A way to restore him.

What?! How? Amon forced himself to sit... grimacing as his body protested the motion.

You will see soon enough. But for now, I am in command. Can you abide with that?

Amon paused for only a moment, looking to his father's unconscious form, I can. I see now why he chose you, mother. For years, I thought you were weak.

I am. Seraf said with a lowered tone, as she took the hand of her unconscious lover. Her warrior god. But I refuse to fail. This is no way for legends to die...

22. - Top - End - #52

The Combat Phase begins!

Part I, battles in the north

The Battle of Four Armies

Lieutanent Demosthenes Blackarrow sighed as he watched the last Druchii troops leave the Thorngrove. He had been left behind with only a handful of crazy human slaves to defend the territory.

His scouts reported armies to be approaching from three directions.

"One thousand five hundred Asur in the north sir. Two thousand five hundred Storm Templars and Kolditz coming from the east. Two thousand humans approaching from the south. Against our five hundred... slaves. Sir, we need not die here... we can..."

"Shut up, fool! Do not question your orders." Demosthenes wanted to kill the intelligence officer but realized he needed every warrior to stand a chance against the overwhelming odds.

Spoiler
    Show

"Deze be dem elves dere?" a Kolditz asked another. A troll twice as tall as the strongly built Kolditz warriors was standing beside them, eating berries and leaning on a great club fashioned out of a tree trunk and studded with iron spikes. "Elfs *munch munch* fiting elfs *munch* and whose side are we on?" The troll shrugged. "Matters not! Elfs gunna get a beating!"

Asur Citizen Levy I
    (1d6)[6]
    Shadow Warriors I
    (1d6+2)[7]
    Shadow Warriors II
    (1d6+2)[5]

vs

Human Slaves
    (1d6)[3]

auxiliaries

Kolditz I
    (1d6)[6]
    Kolditz II
    (1d6)[5]
    Kolditz III
    (1d6)[6]
    Storm Knights I
    (1d6+2)[8]
    Storm Knights II
    (1d6+2)[3]
    +1 Phalanx Tactics

Tie breaker
    (1d2)[2]

The Asur attack Six Stump!

Spoiler
    Show

Asur Citizen Levy I
    (1d6)[1]
    Asur Citizen Levy II
    (1d6)[3]
    Asur Citizen Levy III
    (1d6)[2]
    Asur Citizen Levy IV
    (1d6)[4]
    Shadow Warriors I
    (1d6+2)[5]
    Shadow Warriors II
    (1d6+2)[8]

vs

Free Companies
    (1d6)[2]

Kolditz troops attack the Burning Plains!

Spoiler
    Show

Kolditz I
    (1d6)[3]
    Kolditz II
    (1d6)[3]
    Kolditz III
    (1d6)[3]

vs

Asur Citizen Levy
    (1d6)[3]

Tie breaker
    (1d2)[2]

The Storm Templars attack the Asur capital!

Spoiler
    Show

Kolditz I
    (1d6)[3]
    Kolditz II
    (1d6)[5]
    Storm Knights
    (1d6+2)[6]

vs

Asur Citizen Levy
    (1d6)[6]

Tie breaker
    (1d2)[1]

23. - Top - End - #53

Oliver's troops and the NDF soldiers meet on the field of battle between Deitrich and Kairin!

Spoiler
    Show

Armoured Warriors
    (1d6)[2]
    Mech Golems I
    (1d6+2)[4]
    Mech Golems II
    (1d6+2)[5]

vs

Free Companies I
    (1d6)[6]
    Free Companies II
    (1d6)[5]
    Veteran Cavalry
    (1d6+2)[4]
    +1 Cavalry Tactics

Tie breaker
    (1d2)[2]

The NDF attacks Jairus' Sacrifice!

Spoiler
    Show

Free Companies I
    (1d6)[1]
    Free Companies II
    (1d6)[6]
    Veteran Cavalry
    (1d6+2)[8]
    +1 Cavalry Tactics

vs

Ageless Sentinels I
    (1d6)[2]
    Ageless Sentinels II
    (1d6)[2]
    Ageless Sentinels III
    (1d6)[6]
    Deathless Guardians I
    (1d6+2)[6]
    Deathless Guardians II
    (1d6+2)[3]
    Deathless Guardians III
    (1d6+2)[7]
    Discipline

The NDF attacks the Thorngrove Forest!

Spoiler
    Show

Free Companies
    (1d6)[6]
    Veteran Cavalry I
    (1d6+2)[3]
    Veteran Cavalry II
    (1d6+2)[6]
    Veteran Cavalry III
    (1d6+2)[3]
    +1 Cavalry Tactics

vs

Kolditz I
    (1d6)[1]
    Storm Knights I
    (1d6+2)[7]

Tie breaker
    (1d2)[1]

24. - Top - End - #54

The remaining Free Companies march on to the City of Deitrich!

Spoiler
    Show

Free Companies
    (1d6)[5]

vs

Mech Golems
    (1d6+2)[4]

Tie breaker
    (1d2)[2]

25. - Top - End - #55
    Firbolg in the Playground

In. Your. Dreams. This is our last stand!

Oliver's flesh falls off, revealing a golem. Iron wings sprout out and his hands become blades. Three legions of mech's burrow from the ground, wielding large drills. The battle ensues. The leader of the Free companies chops off Oliver's robotic head. The Golem's collapse.

We ha- We ha- We havvvvvve lost-t

Oliver's red eyes fade to black.

Meanwhile

A tall man sis atop his tower.

It seems our ruse didn't work. It seems the puppet has been destroyed, leaving the puppetmaster.

The man stands. This is Oliver's brother.

26. - Top - End - #56

Round 6 begins! (And ends on Saturday at 11:59 pm EST)

Rolling initiative for Round 6

The Unceasing Vigil
    (1d1000)[335]
    The Storm Templars
    (1d1000)[350]
    Druchii Exiles
    (1d1000)[14]
    Native Defense Force
    (1d1000)[441]
    Asur Colonial Expedition
    (1d1000)[458]

27. - Top - End - #57

The Combat Phase begins!

The Fate of the Asur

Spoiler
    Show

Numbering in thousands, the men and women of the Native Defense Force attack Six Stump to reclaim it from the Asur. But they face no opposition whatsoever. For the Asur have left, sailed back to their homeland.

Meanwhile, in the Misty Mires, the Storm Templars make the same discovery. The coastline is empty; no sail, no ship, not a living soul to be seen.

And what about the other elves?

Spoiler
    Show

The NDF attacks Gateway...

Free Companies
    (1d6)[2]
    Veteran Cavalry
    (1d6+2)[6]
    +1 Cavalry Tactics

vs

Slave Mobs I
    (1d6)[3]
    Slave Mobs II
    (1d6)[3]
    Slave Mobs III
    (1d6)[3]
    Slave Mobs IV
    (1d6)[2]
    Druchii Warriors I
    (1d6+2)[8]
    Druchii Warriors II
    (1d6+2)[7]
    +1 Terrain

Tie breaker
    (1d2)[2]

The Unceasing Vigil and the Native Defense Force troops clash on the field of battle between Jairus' Sacrifice and the City of Deitrich!

Spoiler
    Show

Free Companies I
    (1d6)[4]
    Free Companies II
    (1d6)[4]
    Free Companies III
    (1d6)[6]
    Free Companies IV
    (1d6)[1]

vs

Deathless Guardians I
    (1d6+2)[3]
    Deathless Guardians II
    (1d6+2)[8]
    Discipline

Tie breaker
    (1d2)[2]

The Storm Templars attack the Thorngrove forest!

Spoiler
    Show

Kolditz Warband I
    (1d6)[3]
    Kolditz Warband II
    (1d6)[2]
    Kolditz Warband III
    (1d6)[5]
    Stormknights I
    (1d6+2)[3]
    Stormknights II
    (1d6+2)[4]
    Stormknights III
    (1d6+2)[4]
    +1 Cavalry Tactics (*ding* )

vs

Free Companies
    (1d6)[1]
    Last edited by Kensen; 2009-01-10 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Forgot the hills...

28. - Top - End - #58

NDF Free Companies attack Jairus' Sacrifice!

Spoiler
    Show

Free Companies
    (1d6)[5]
    Siegecraft (*ding*)

vs

Ageless Sentinels I
    (1d6)[1]
    Ageless Sentinels II
    (1d6)[5]
    Ageless Sentinels III
    (1d6)[4]
    Deathless Guardians I
    (1d6+2)[4]
    Deathless Guardians II
    (1d6+2)[8]
    +1 City Walls
    Discipline

29. - Top - End - #59

Preya sighed as she stood amongst the copse of trees overlooking the border to the City of Deitrich. Below her the animated statues of the Vigil bustled with activity as they cut a swathe through the small number of humans that had attacked Jairus' Sacrifice. Enraged by the betrayal of the Native Defense Force, Chryses had taken whatever forces he could muster and attacked the City of Deitrich.

He didn't return.

She felt his death. The whole Vigil felt it. She ought to feel sad. Mourn. But she didn't. The Vigil was dying. The power that created them had long been leaching away. Had no-one disturbed their slumber, they would have become lifeless statues once more. Chryses was gone, and all that the Vigil had was a fast encroaching army of misguided souls fighting for an evil cause, and squabbling 'allies' who let their petty prejudices blind them to the fact that without unity they would perish.

And so they would.

Without a leader, the Vigil faltered. The lacked the power, the reagents to rebuild Chryses. It didn't matter now anyway. Soon the horde would pour in and obliterate all that they had fought for. Balance. Peace. Hope. That was the way of the world. There was nothing left to do now except die.

At least she'd die with a sword in her hands. She'd rejoin the man she loved in death, at least. The souls of her brethren - they'd been through so much. Finally, the Vigil would know peace. As she jumped from her vantage point, landing amid the humans as they mounted a desperate defense, she idly wondered if perhaps even the people of the armies that advanced on them would know peace too, one day. Still, she thought, as she neatly beheaded the last human as he desperately attempted to seek a parley, they would feel no regret, destroying the animated statues, relics of a time long past.

After all - how can you kill that which is already dead?

末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末

As silence fell on the animated statues of the Unceasing Vigil, the score of faces turned to her. They really were helpless without a leader. Without someone to guide them, they would be useless.

The Gods have long ago forgotten about us., Preya thought bitterly. In this island, this tiny scrap of land that held something so small, so precious, there was only you, the sword arm by your side and whatever bastard was trying to hack your limbs off.

"I know that you are seeking a leader to bring you hope and victory in this dark hour... But if one exists, it isn't me. We have been betrayed, brethren. It hurts, and it'd be easier if we believed that an army of moral-less demons had attacked us. Vilifying the enemy may make the work easier, but it doesn't help in the end. We are about to march on an army of people. Misguided, but not evil. In all probability we will die."

A ripple of shock and discontent spread through the crowd.

"Silence. I am going to tell you what is going to happen. We are going to march ahead, and kill, or be killed. Most likely the latter. We are going to fight for our ideals of truth and justice and balance and such against an evil foe, and said 'evil' foes are going to do exactly the same. If we do succeed, then we will most likely be promptly betrayed in turn by the Storm Templars. We lack resources, troops and hope.

I can provide you with some of all three.

There were few in these lands that shared our ideals, and those that did are dead. You remember the Asur. It seems they have left us a parting gift.
    "

As Preya speaks, a messenger statue walks forward, bearing a small, gilt chest. Inside lies a weathered scrap of parchment.

"Magic, my brethren. We have long since lost the knowledge of our kind. How we are bound. The Asur have returned to us that knowledge."

The towering, female statue unfolds the parchment, reading the words within. With each syllable, a burst of light arcs from her form as she begins to levitate, her marble form crackling with energy from the raw power involved in the casting. From the pressure and energy arcing across her form, it's evident that it would be suicide for any mortal caster to attempt the same spell.

As she finishes and returns to the earth, the army of statues about her look to each other, confused. A tiny cracking sound is heard, as hairline faults finally give way in Preya's hand as she watches, her form crumbling. Abruptly the statues are reeling, screaming as the stuff of their bodies falls to the floor, filling the battlefield with dust.

As the smoke begins to clear, coughs are heard throughout the clearing. Preya stands, watching. Where once there was marble, there is flesh. Returned to life once more, Preya smiles, proudly. Her red hair blows in the wind for the first time in many years. Looking over her renewed followers, she is relieved to see the same effects for them. Legions of her followers stand erect on the battlefield. Proud. Joyful. Naked.

Wait, what?

"Damn Asur. Anyway! To arms, my brothers! And can someone get me something to wear?"
    Last edited by Rettu Skcollob; 2009-01-10 at 09:35 PM.
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.

30. - Top - End - #60

Round 7 begins! (and ends on Wednesday 11:59 pm EST)

Rolling initiative for round 7

The Unceasing Vigil
    (1d1000)[794]
    The Storm Templars
    (1d1000)[784]
    Druchii Exiles
    (1d1000)[330]
    Native Defense Force
    (1d1000)[160]