New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Water Under the Bridge [Group 1 IC]

It's a bright, clear morning in the wilds between Glanfeur and Thaurissan and a cold breeze whistles through the pine needles and across your face. Above the sky is azure blue, but dark clouds hang ominously around the horizon, weaving around each other in great concentric circles. The grass is wet, and the air is heavy with the promise of rain.

You stand on a broad and well-worn cobblestone road. Tufts of dark grass sprout from the gaps in the stone, and slick mud gathers at the roadside. Beyond, the path continues into the silvery pine trees of Templeton Woods: a place commonly visited by the peat-gatherers and coal-burners of Harbrig's Point. A dull grey fog slices through the forest in the distance, obscuring your view. Tendrils of mist, idly twisting from bark to bark, encroach upon your position. Where the sunlight cuts them you can see the glinting of hundreds of suspended water motes, each floating trapped within the confines of the mist. Apart from the chattering of birdsong you can see no evidence of another creature.

A decaying wooden post points further into the trees, 'HARBRIG'S POINT' marked on it with roughly cut and inked letters in Common. Beside, a crude engraving of a crow flies above the number 3. Three miles to go until you reach your destination.
    Last edited by Myshlaevsky; 2009-02-24 at 07:14 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Water Under the Bridge [IC]

Eldrend complated for a moment on the landscape, pure and unfettered, as it should be. Opening his eyes, he shook his head, knowing the grave task ahead noticing several other people also were heading with him towards Harbrig's Point.

"Strangers, Harbrig's Point lies a dangrous impasse, what purpose do you all have there?" He asked with curiosity.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Water Under the Bridge [Group 1 IC]

Kron

Kron takes a moment to look over the elf questioning him. His employers seem pretty assuring that there's something dark in that place. Something that could use a swift smack about the head. However, Kron isn't about to tell some wimpy little elf that.

Sliding his visor up to reveal his eyes, he simply says, "You know, I can ask the same thing of ya."
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2009-02-25 at 12:51 AM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

"My name Eldrend Lerende, cleric of Pelor. I head there to banish the darkness that stalks the place." He repilded with wary eyes.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Aust

"It's not darkness, preacher, only fog. Perhaps some raiders hired a wizard," said an unkempt, haggard-looking half-elf, approaching the weathered sign, "or it may be something unexpected. Aust Galanodel." He nods to the cleric and the warrior. "I take it you two were also hired to investigate."
    Last edited by Reptilius; 2009-02-25 at 03:42 PM.
    Goblin Shaman by Simius

Creations:
    The Battle Psychic Martial Adept

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

"Hired? I merely do what principles must be upheld, for the prism of sun beckons to all."

7. - Top - End - #7

Horder

The warforged strides along the side of the road, in the mud. On his back, a metal spider wraps it's legs around him. Unlike any other warforged, his plates are brown, almost like rust, but a closer inspection reveals he his made of wood. His eyes glow green and you might almost think he was smiling at each step in the mud.

Spoiler
    Show
    Boy, I still have a lot to write for my character background

8. - Top - End - #8

Kron

"Principles are good. What's better is when yer paid for them. Even better'n that is when you're paid for doing good works and there's a good fight ta be had!."

A small inkling of a smile can be seen from behind the helm of Kron before the visor slides down, leaving only his beard sticking out of his armor.

"Name's Kron if ya want to speak ta me."

Noticing the newcomer, he shrugs over to Horder before gruffly adding, "And what's yer story?"
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2009-02-25 at 11:57 PM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

9. - Top - End - #9

Aust
    "I'd rather not be beckoned by anything, if it's all the same to you," says Aust to Lerende, "But I have been on good terms with some sun-priests in the past."

Upon seeing the approaching form of the warforged, Aust remarks to no one in particular, "What is that thing doing here? Where is its owner?"
    Last edited by Reptilius; 2009-02-26 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Grammar mistake. I feel so dirty now.
    Goblin Shaman by Simius

Creations:

10. - Top - End - #10

Horder

"It is good, isn't it?" He stamps his foot into the mud. "Being able to move around, come and go as we please." He breathes in the air. "Mmm, smells like rain."

Spoiler
    Show
    Long story (understatement) short, Horder is a mix of personalities, the tree he is carved from the dominant, the original warforged mind is recessive, and his power stone holds the essence of the bear that killed him.

11. - Top - End - #11

Aust

Aust walks suspiciously over to the warforged. He asks,"Were you sent here? Who is your master?"
    Goblin Shaman by Simius

Creations:

12. - Top - End - #12

Horder

"Master? I have no master. I am here stretching my legs and getting the knots out of my back." He stretches his arms out wide. "Why? Who is your master?"

13. - Top - End - #13

Aust

"I don't have a master," says Aust, slightly aware of the irony in this statement, "I am alive."
    Goblin Shaman by Simius

Creations:

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

"Lets not trouble ourselves with such philosophical quandaries, I assume that we are all here to clear the miasma?"

15. - Top - End - #15

Horder

Horder stops and scratches the back of his head. "Hmm, what do you mean 'alive?'"

16. - Top - End - #16

Aust

To the construct, Aust says "Never mind. I'm not here to argue the meaning of life with a magical construct."

"We're here to investigate," affirms Aust, "so let's go. As for the warforged, I guess we could bring it along. May be its owner lives in Harbrig's Point, I've seen one or two around."
    Goblin Shaman by Simius

Creations:

17. - Top - End - #17

Horder

The warforged frowns at the continuing implication that he 'belonged' to someone. "After centuries I have finally earned my freedom. My flesh was torn and butchered and given new life. I refuse to go back to standing still for an eternity. Not that I would expect a weed such as yourself to understand, you take your freedom for granted."

18. - Top - End - #18

Kron

Shrugging, Kron motions to the half-elf. "He's got it right. We got a job to do." Moving along the road for a few feet, he turns back and loudly exclaims at those still standing there talking.

"Of course ya can stand there yabberin' all day. 'Course something's going ta jump you if only ta shut ya up!"
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19

As you all proceed towards Harbrig's Point the fog seems to grow thicker and heavier, billowing up through the pine treetops like a vast and insubstantial tower. The smell of damp woodland pervades the air.

For half an hour or more the only sounds you hear are the mixed twittering of birdsong and the clatter of your own footsteps. Gradually, the quiet gurgling of some nearby stream becomes noticeable amidst the relative silence. It comes from the right of the stone road, and increases in volume and vigour as your proceed. Eventually the other noises fade into the backdrop before the gushing flow of nearby water.

Elrende
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your senses are keener than those of your travelling compansions, and you pick out a rhythmic thumping noise below the sound of the stream, like a repetitive, muffled impact.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

"Comardes, there is something under the stream....sounds that reverabate too dissmlair to mere water's flow."

21. - Top - End - #21

Aust

"Then why are we standing around? Either we fight or keep walking." Aust reaches to his side, keeping a tight grip on his arcane rod.
    Goblin Shaman by Simius

Creations:

22. - Top - End - #22

Kron

Taking out his axe, Kron exclaims after Aust has finished, "Aye 'en let's hope we found somethin' that'll charge us."
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23

Horder

"Hrum, I feel like getting my roots wet."

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

"Be my guest." He gestured toward the river.