New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Galactic CrossFire - Peace/War? Victory either Way!

WinterWind

Spera almost looks like he will resist, but thinks better of it. He turns to the Sorceress. "My name is Colonel Jon Spera, if this is a trick be strong" as an afterthought he unhooked a small pendent from around his neck "This is a piece of shard of the most holy comet...it didn't give me any luck, but it may serve you better"

He turns to the Vela and steps forwards and follows him. Spera shoots an angry look at the alien "If this is some trick to get information out of me, you'll be sadly mistaken alien"

Brutius

Brianna chuckles at the Inquisitor's cheeky reply. Most people treated her like royalty, and though she was, she usually preferred to be as informal as possible.

Kane manages to lead the group safely, managing to take a turn at the exact right time or warning the group of any ill terrain on the ship. They make it relativly quickly to the hanger.

"Ah here we are" Kane says with a cocky smile.
    Last edited by Greystone; 2008-12-16 at 06:31 PM.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

Brutius

Drake quickly follows the exiting procession to the shuttle, smiling slightly. Only slightly though. This could end up going bad...

Winterwind

Rillithe doesn't open her eyes. But her surprise is noticeable in her voice

Thank you Colonel. May the blessings of a High Sorceress stand you in better sited.

Gods go with you
    She mutters as the Colonel leaves
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-12-16 at 06:36 PM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

In Auromar, Histantos Illist, Aasimar Warlock.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ettin in the Playground

Winterwind

The Vela simply shakes his head and leads Spera to a turbolift, up ten levels and then along several corridors to a medical station. The medical officer there is a scarred, grey-feathered Khal, who clacks his beak in amusement when he sees Spera. "Ah, someone has been fighting well! Let me loook..." He inspects Spera's injuries. "Your head was lucky - somebody was aiming to blow your brains out, but it glanced off somehow. Your chest was not - tcha - I'm not as experienced with alien races, but your physiology is similar to the Nebensee. You are in danger of kayn, alien. The only way he'll survive is a full rayctra bath to regenerate the tissue and replenish the blood supply." In a sarcastic tone, he tells Spera, "You'll need to strip down for the rayctra bath. If your people have a nudity taboo, I'll promise not to look."

Brutius

Waiting for the Khal, Goh and Aetheri are several Vela guards in the hangar, with their leader at their head - a Vela with dark-brown fur in a dark longcoat and a strip of red leather bound across one eye, scars running across that side of his face. When he sees his passengers coming, he gives them a wide grin and a flamboyant bow. "Good evening, my great lords, and welcome aboard my humble ship. It may not be as huge as the great battleships you inhabit, but trust me when I say it has plenty of room." He turns and signals them aboard the ship.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    Rik'ttlun scrid Szrkyll

She shook her head. "The first is impossible - the Khal go where they will, and slay who they will. If you wish, we will give you grace in this battle from harm, but more than that is beyond us.
    The second is easy -"
    She begins to recite from memory. "All Khal ranged weaponry is based upon the principle that a group of tachyons propelled by an induction field will always react with each other once they leave the induction field, producing a plasma pulse as it leaves the barrel. Depending on energy levels, this can produce a pulse from 1200 chiir to 9500 chiir in power and the mass-produced Pulse Rifle has a range of 3 tik to 390 tik, with the smaller Pulse Pistol having a range of 1 tik to 240 tik and the Pulse Cannons aboard Khal vessels having a range of 70 tik to 4000 tik.
    Most modernized Khal scisks are built with dual-tonic fusion-steel, producing a razor-sharp edge with the hardness of diamonds. The one-handed dual-bladed scisk is the most used, but throwing scisks and two-handed scisks also exist, with anywhere from one to five blades.
    Khal missiles are based upon Rxzenn's Dogma, where a br'llzik-armed warhead is fitted to a metal sheath with a cheap trrkor-fueled engine, and when fired the trrkor ignites and launches the missile to its target.
    If you wish to know more, simply ask.

And as for the third, Rik is one of the New Gods - creator of the Tech-priests, lord of technology and mathematics. It is by his influence that scientists and researchers may discover more technology, that we may gain in knowledge and understanding. As we have travelled, we have found that many worlds have a similar aspect of technology - perhaps your people have an Aspect of Technology like unto Rik?"
    At first, Farez simply nodded. He listened to the tech-priest talk. When the priest had finished talking, Farez sighed. "In the Republic, I represent, your, uh... Rik. I can change all of your technology at will, looking at different tech allows me to understand it, I can manipulate your genes whenever I feel like it. Allow me to demonstrate."

Farez stood motionless for a few seconds. Massive screeching sounds were heard from the hull, the computers blinked and churned with new information- then everything stopped. As the tech-priests examined the computers, they found it blinking in strange alien code. When the accessed hull cameras, the hull had changed shape and form, becoming more like the sleek, smooth organic shapes the Fraonites used.

Farez looked coldly at the priests. "Well?"
    RIP Gary Gygax, March 4th, 2008. May he roll 20's in heaven forever.
    RIP Dave Arneson, April 7th, 2009. He roleplays his way into our hearts.
    Avatar by Banjo1985, the Awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by havocfett
    Quote Originally Posted by My self
    I'll throw in my hat as a Dwarf Warlord//Were-Dire Badger, going into Dwarven Defender and Deepwarden from Races of Stone. Is that cool?
    ...I'm not sure the vocabulary exists in the english language to express how much I approve of this concept.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

Winterhand

Spera laughs, the aliens had no idea about his culture, the barbarians. He begins to undress, revealing a body of taught, toned pale green muscle. When he is done Jon speaks "I am ready for whatever Bath you have in store for me"

Mentally he steels himself, still expecting a trick.

Brutius

Kane strides forward and offers a golden hand to shake the Vela Captains hand "Ah Captain, thank you for deigning to save us" he gestures at everyone including the Kaharach "All of us"

Kane looks back at the assembled crowd, eyes twinkling in complete unconcern "Ah, this will be a story to be told eh?"

Brianna rolled her eyes "You'll probably have that damned minstrel write a song"

Kane pauses and a smile flickers over his face "I was thinking the same thing"

Jourdi watches as Brianna made several discrete hand gestures and fell back next to Drake.

"I am Vice-Commander Jourdi"
    he whispers "Govenor Brianna wants to know what you think of this, are we going into a trap?"
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

6. - Top - End - #396

Quote Originally Posted by Moral Wiz View Post
    Deus

A single, small Aetheri ship, frigate sized, enters the Deus system from the Warp. It takes in the area, and waits to be hailed by the locals.
    A message is sent out to them.

Hello, and welcome! Please land on Deus, using any of our convenient space ports! If you attempt hostile action, you will be destroyed in a horrific, bloody manner as a warning for all others who wish war! Have a nice day!

The voice is soft and feminine, quite perky, actually. If one listens closely, very, very closely, one can hint a bit of computer in the speaker's voice.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll throw in my hat as a Dwarf Warlord//Were-Dire Badger, going into Dwarven Defender and Deepwarden from Races of Stone. Is that cool?
    ...I'm not sure the vocabulary exists in the english language to express how much I approve of this concept.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

Theralonia

The ship docks quickly

Shressa, newly appointed sorceror, strode out in ceremonial runic enhanced power armor, demon-blade at side, proudly looking around this alien ship

Greetings.

Deus

Spoiler
    Show
    What's the system like anyway

The crew blink at the Voice and it's message. Capitan Kathra sighs, as he looks out from the bridge

What have we gotten ourselves into?

quickly and rather nimbly, the Capitan and his crew start navigating towards a dock. Any that will have them.

Brutius

Drake returns the roguish bow with a laugh

Thank the gods. I've been spending too long on the wrenched things. Lead on, sir.

The Inquisitor Lord follows the others heading into the ship. He doesn't turn his head as he replies to the whisperer.

Unlikely. Not even this one can control a burning hulk just by thinking about it.

At least, I wouldn't think he can
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground

Brutius

Jourdi rolled his eyes "I know that, I meant do you think that he'll betray us. We don't know much about the Khal and we were wondering if you could...alleviate our fears"
    Last edited by Greystone; 2008-12-16 at 10:50 PM.

- SurlySeraph

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground

Drake

How should I know?

Drake, out of politeness, switched to another of the White Arts. Telepathy.

I wouldn't say so. Khal live for war, but we've never encountered them off the battlefield. So I've got very little clue on that sort of thing. I'm not a psychologist.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

Brutius
    Jourdi raised an eyebrow, not in surprise but in vague annoyance "Very well, I will tell Brianna"

and Jourdi signs the Princess quickly.

- SurlySeraph

11. - Top - End - #401

Deus

Spoiler
    Show
    What's the system like anyway

The crew blink at the Voice and it's message. Capitan Kathra sighs, as he looks out from the bridge

What have we gotten ourselves into?

quickly and rather nimbly, the Capitan and his crew start navigating towards a dock. Any that will have them.
    There are five planets in the solar system. All have been terraformed, all are small, and all are bustling metropolises that take up most of the surface of the planet. Deus is the largest in the system, and ten remote battlestations hover around it.

There are several hundred different ports, each acommodating several hundred space-ships. The festival is already in full-swing, thousands upon thousands of scientists and inventors selling ideas and technology on the street, smells, sights, sounds, and, oddly enough, tastes and skin sensations most never dream of.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

Deus

The Aetheri comm any available official frequency. The Vid-Link quickly established them as Non-Faaronite

Excuse us... we're new around here. Where are we supposed to go for this event? Or do we just dock anywhere?
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ettin in the Playground

Rik'ttlun scrid Szrkyll

"Indeed, you have power. But knowledge must be power's brother, and I give you knowledge now, from one brother to another: flee from the wrath of the Khal! When they are in battle-lust, they cannot be stopped!
    Give us an ansible code whereby we may contact thy priests and speak of technology and knowledge, but in battle the Khal are unstoppable. We beg you, on behalf of Rik, to withdraw from this place."

Winterwind

Ycharr Knaix shook his head - as shameless as the Vela, these aliens were. He descended a flight of stairs, signaling for Spera to follow, down to a room with several rectangular tubs. Injured Vela floated in several.
    "Since this is your first time to have a rayctra treatment, I'll explain. You will get into one of the containers, and you will sink into the partially-solid rayctra. You will be smothered by the rayctra, you will fall unconcious for... a day or two, judging from the severity of your wounds, you will only have light scarring when you emerge, and you will not die. If it makes you feel any better, Captain Tatheran has been in rayctra baths over a dozen times..."

Arrow

Captain Tatheran's grin only grows wider as he shakes Kane's hand. "This battle worthy of a song? Nah, barely over a day and far too few casualties to actually be remembered in song. Anyway, if you don't wish to be consumed by a dying ship, I suggest you follow me..."

Tatheran leads the ragtag group up several corridors, up into a very spacious bridge. Once there, he turns to Drake, Brianna and Kane. "Well, any ships you need me to fly to - evading heavy fire while doing so - and board - while trying to not get destroyed - so you can get off?"
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

Winterwind
    "Well" Jon begins "It may take significantly less time, since the Goh powers accelerate healing" he shrugs.

Arrow

Kane raises an eyebrow "Oh the battle outside whould be just a setting, I was thinking the heroic tale of the Duel of Gods and enemies banding together to save themselves"

Isabel

Isabel gritted her teeth as the luck matrix fizzled out. She decided that it was time to take a more overt role in the battle. Channeling her power and the power of her acolytes, she began to attack the Biggest Khal ship directly, the flagship. The death magic rolls over the ship, killing many from ensign to Khal warrior. They may temporarily stop one tact but she would continue with her magical assault until the day was over.

- SurlySeraph

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ogre in the Playground

Kreel Rescue Vessels

Across the battlefield, shuttles attached themselves to the various wrecks, seriously damaged ships, and lifepods floating among the battle. THe occupants of the shuttles quickly found the inhabitants. They were quickly offered a chance to leave. The initial greeting usually translated as:

Come with me if you want to live.
    Thanks to Edwin for the Avatar!

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ettin in the Playground

Winterwind

Ycharr Knaix clicks his beak. "When the healing process is done, the rayctra will naturally expell you. You may get in the rayctra bank now - it's ready."

Isabel

Only a wave of dread falls upon the Duchar vul Armach - Isabel's spell is deflected neatly by a strange magic, unlike the logical and mathematical magic of the Tech-priests. The magic is subtle, but very powerful.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

WinterWind

Jon just shrugs. He has no reason to resist, if its torture, it'll happen one way or another, and besides, his shoulder really hurt!

(More later depending of Isabel)

- SurlySeraph

18. - Top - End - #408

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    Rik'ttlun scrid Szrkyll

"Indeed, you have power. But knowledge must be power's brother, and I give you knowledge now, from one brother to another: flee from the wrath of the Khal! When they are in battle-lust, they cannot be stopped!
    Give us an ansible code whereby we may contact thy priests and speak of technology and knowledge, but in battle the Khal are unstoppable. We beg you, on behalf of Rik, to withdraw from this place."
    Farez shook his head. "I will give you a way to contact us, but I will not withdraw my men. By saying this, you have only doomed the Khal to one less ally. Were the Khal able to control themselves and not attack my people, I would have considered this, uh, truce. But, now, I cannot. I will bring the full force of the United Fraon Republic's Fleet against you. 'Tis a sad thing when we have to crush somebody."

Farez teleported back to the frigate and sent a message containing the code back to the tech-priests. He phased away

and reappeared back at the Unbreakable in the helm. "Everyone, redouble fire. COM, send out to URF Reserve Fleet, tell them to get here, on the DOUBLE!" Several frigates dissapeared as the URF fleet reconcentrated it's fire on the Khal ships. It sent a message out to any allied ships.

Any and all anti-Khal ships, we can repair damage you have sustained. Gather near [coordinates] and put all power into defense. We will meet you there shortly.

Farez phased out of the Unbreakable, leaving it in command of Fleet Admiral Carol Farkin.

She was a average height, heavily muscled Fraonite, with a aura of command about her. Her skin was a pale green, a lighter shade than normal for green-skins. She barked out commands in a soprano, almost musical voice.

"Alright, everybody! Frigates, form a wall, destroyers, snipe in between the wall, I want battleships out there in melee, and carriers, release everything else you have and then go back to reload!"

The URF fleet carried out Carol's orders, the frigates forming a vertical 'wall', shields interlocking, mass firing on any enemies that attempted to pass. Destroyers fired their plasma cannons from far away, having the best ability to control plasma at distances, taking out Khal ships at range. Battleships, with heavy armor and shields, went up close to the Khal fleet, firing broadsides into Khal ships and retreating when damaged, phasing if necessary.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

Space Battle

The crew of the command Khal ship at least falter briefly as the spell hits them, the sense of dread freezing them in place for a moment. The Solar Hammer takes that opportunity to slam several high explosive shells into the ship, dealing it a good blow.

"This is Commander Harogis of the Solar Hammer to URF Fleet, any aid that can be sent to us will be very helpful, or own fleet can only do so much!"

Isabel

She was tired of this, stretching out her mind she attempted to locate the source of the magic that vexed her.

Arrow

Kane looks over at the Kaharach "So what happens now?"

(Whoever it is say, she WILL sense where it is coming from)

- SurlySeraph

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ogre in the Playground

Winterwind

As the Goh colonel slips into his tank, Rillithe is still sitting in the cell, in mediation. She's been there for a while now, seemingly unmoving.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

21. - Top - End - #411

Quote Originally Posted by Greystone View Post
    Space Battle
    "This is Commander Harogis of the Solar Hammer to URF Fleet, any aid that can be sent to us will be very helpful, or own fleet can only do so much!"
    Farez hears the call from the Solar Hammer. "I'll be there in a second." When he finished, Farez phased

and reappeared right near the Hammer. He lifted his hands and began to repair damage on the allied ships in the vicinity. Hull breaks repaired, computers booted themselves up, metal bent back into place and the ships began to almost seem to heal themselves. Farez was exhausted after this. Most of the things he repaired were smaller

items. Farez fell unconcious on the bridge of the Solar Hammer, which was now fully repaired.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ogre in the Playground

Inquisitorial Fleet

The seven ships of the Fleet have not been idol. In accordance with Drake's orders, they've been striking at the Khal flank. Once or twice, a bloodthirty charge left a formation vulternable, and that's when they siexed their moment, and struck. They knew about Asymetrical warfare...

Deus
    Spoiler
    Show
    Response needed from the owner before continuing.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

23. - Top - End - #413

Deus

The Aetheri comm any available official frequency. The Vid-Link quickly established them as Non-Fraonite

Excuse us... we're new around here. Where are we supposed to go for this event? Or do we just dock anywhere?
    The voice responded again. Ah. Newcomers. Welcome, again. Land anywhere you wish! If your ship is above a certain size, most yards require parking fees, but with smaller ships, no fee is required. And the festival is everywhere. Just walk, and you will find it. If you need any other information, just contact me on this channel.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ogre in the Playground

Deus

I don't think you quite understand. We've had no contact with your civilization or indeed your species before. So, we have none of your currency. We're speaking through a translator. And probably minimal understanding of your culture.

If we're going to get anything done, we might have to have a more detailed conversation with someone who organizes this event...
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

Solar Hammer

Commander Harogis blinked at the unconscious alien on the floor. A tech looked up "Sir, the Hammer and all nearby ships have been...repaired!"

Harogis nearly fainted, but instead grinned "Ok then its time to bring the fight back to the enemy" he pointed at a SunGuard "Take our estimed quest to the VIP quarter's and get a healer to see him"

Space Battle

Khal ships who had been taking advantage of the blindspots in ships and their damage suddenly got a awakening as destroyed gun points opened fire and crippled ships moved to cut off flanks. The Solar Hammer itself managed to repel the Khal attackers out of sheer surprise, causing death and destruction in its wake. The hinge was now stronger than ever and waited for the next attack.

- SurlySeraph

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ettin in the Playground

Drakon rach Kristhine

Metkhun of the Army Brakra Yran snarled as the UCF forces attacked, flicking on his fleet ansible. Rann Thnor, permission to engage new fleet? Permission granted, Brakra Yran. Kill them well.

Brakra glanced at the attack for but a moment before realizing the problem with their formation. He leapt over to a console and punched in the fleet override, only acessable by a Metkhun of the Army. He began to override the working and secondary Jump-engines of every Khal hulk and wreck on the battlefield, shutting down the automatic safeties and punching in the coordinates for a "fleet"-wide Jump. As the UCF barrage began, he punched in the last orders and then engaged.

He let out a whoop as every Khal hulk on the battlefield flicked out of existance and then smashed against the UCF. It seemed that not even the technologically-advanced aliens had shields and armor powerful enough to resist something travelling at fifty times the speed of light, and chain reactions ripped through the UCF fleet...

This is Metkhun of the Army Brakra Yran - I want every ship in my army Jumping through what's left of their ragged line! Let's kill!

Arrow

Tichan nodded towards Tatheran. "If you tell the good Captain here your destination, he will get you there even if hell itself blocks the way." Tatheran laughed. "It ain't that bad, Kaharach - I've gone through it once!"

Isabel

Isabel feels only a dark, subtle presence that slips away from her scrying like darkness before light, seeping back around her like the night retreats before a torch and then falls back in when it is gone.
    Last edited by Raz_Fox; 2008-12-17 at 07:12 PM.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ogre in the Playground

Arrow

Kane looks out at the battle impassivly for a second "Khal" he turns "I don't think we truly introduced ourselves before we tried to kill each other."

He brings his hand out "I am Emperor Kane Goh, and your name?"

- SurlySeraph

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ettin in the Playground

Tichan

Tichan bows. "I am Kaharach Rann Tichan, Ruler of the Greater Khalardis Empire." Tichan looks bewildered for a moment at Kane's gesture, before enveloping Kane's hand with his talons.

Space Battle

The Zarn kix Rirkjyn and the K'ba siitro Mkorba break off from their attack on the Solar Hammer, coordinating their Armies to fall upon the rejuvenated Goh fleet.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ogre in the Playground

Arrow

Kane frowns at the battle, and shakes his head "This conflict is so meaningless" he glances at the Kaharach "I think our two races started of on the wrong foot. Withdraw your ships this day, and meet me in this system in three days- not with a fleet but for a meeting of sorts. I meeting and a party" his smile is dazzeling.

- SurlySeraph

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

Deus

Yes, that will be a good start

In the meantime, can you find us a nice quiet dock and accommodation? Preferably far enough away from the mainstream festival so as not to cause a riot. We've been on ship for quite a while.

Arrow

Drake looks slightly amazed at Kane's suggestion. He looks over at the Not-Real Emperor's Khal opposite, his surprise total. Though his words sound as though they are to Kane

Truly? I mean, I've no objection to a party, as long as it's not too formal, but still....
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden