New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 31819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Galactic CrossFire - Peace/War? Victory either Way!

Lady's Hand

Brianna looks resolutely at the images. Some of the she reaches out to, almost seeming to want to touch them, before she remembers they are just a hologram "Its good Drake" she said solemnly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Raz...what is happening to Spera and Rilithe
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

2. - Top - End - #812
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I was wondering about that.

Lady's Hands

Drake bows, smiling only slightly

I'm glad, Governor. Verin's one of the best. He's worked with the Inquisition before now. You want us to begin construction?

Oh, and just to make it clear, the disk will be able to hover up to that height. It'll give people a better view of the planet. The engraving's more than sturdy enough to take people standing on it.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

In Auromar, Histantos Illist, Aasimar Warlock.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Ogre in the Playground

Lady's Hand

"It is more than suitable Drake" she nods, her voice quiet.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

4. - Top - End - #814
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Spera and Rilithe are currently in the Winter's Wind brig, awaiting the captain's pleasure.

Now that I think about it, I'd like to retcon a bit and have some of the Aetheri/Goh commemorated in the memorial to have been captured by the Vela marines. After all, Vela are pretty flexible when it comes to accepting/forcing surrender. They're not as bloodthirsty as Khal.

That be fine with you, Moral and Grey?

Lady's Hand

Tatheran speaks some of the names aloud with the hologram, as if committing to memory.
    "Aux Fettel... Shaerra ir' Hakoran... Nethan Tomas... Ralona Gor..."
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Ogre in the Playground

Lady's Hands

Spoiler
    Show
    I see no reason why not

Bria glanced at Tatheran "Do the names mean something to you Captain?"

- SurlySeraph

6. - Top - End - #816
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sure. Which ones?
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

7. - Top - End - #817
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Greystone View Post
    Exchange

Verona merely nodded, rolling eyes. She walks out and waiting for them is larger cab, with an open top so the occupants can view the city. Inside the driver is not civilian, but dressed in the Goh military uniform. She salutes "Sergent"

"Here to take you and the delegates around the city ma'am"
    Jal and the others get in, smiling, and talking a little amongst themselves.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

8. - Top - End - #818
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Which ones did you think? Obviously not the ones Tatheran just recognized, no...

Lady's Hand

"Er... what? Was I speaking out loud?" Tatheran gives a start when Bria speaks, before giving her a roguish grin and a wink. "Oh, don't mind the barmy ramblings of a crazy Vela - they say my sanity was shot out with my eye, haha. Must have recognized them from the general melee or something of the sort. Nice names, actually, very nice names. Don't you just love the way Aux Fettel rolls off the tongue?" His eye is dancing, and his bright grin is slightly unnerving.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

9. - Top - End - #819
    Bugbear in the Playground

Dock 1835
    "Uh, sir? I'd rather you didn't go out quite yet. You don't know what's out there, and you're liable to get hurt."

Deus (Public)
    Delan nodded. "Well, you don't mind being tested to make sure you can eat our food, right?"

Deus (Private)
    "Well, depends on who they are. They may want to ensure good relations with our races, they may want to know what kind of goods you have, it just depends. As I've said, we've never had peaceful contact with alien races, those few we've met. Before this, anyway."

Bathhouse
    "My people freely worship whatever they wish. The largest religion is based on the worship of 'Black Hole Entities'. It's very interesting. They believe that black holes are actually large, benevolent, divine beings."
    RIP Gary Gygax, March 4th, 2008. May he roll 20's in heaven forever.
    RIP Dave Arneson, April 7th, 2009. He roleplays his way into our hearts.
    Avatar by Banjo1985, the Awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by havocfett
    Quote Originally Posted by My self
    I'll throw in my hat as a Dwarf Warlord//Were-Dire Badger, going into Dwarven Defender and Deepwarden from Races of Stone. Is that cool?
    ...I'm not sure the vocabulary exists in the english language to express how much I approve of this concept.

10. - Top - End - #820
    Ogre in the Playground

Exchange

"So" Verona said "What would you like to see?"

- SurlySeraph

11. - Top - End - #821
    Ogre in the Playground

Deus (Public)

Dral grins, a little winsomely

Sure. After that, tests'll be a snap. Lead on.

Deus (Private)

Heh. We're much the same, though we've only made contact with one Alien race before now.

And do you have a list of these people? Can you tell me about them?

Lady's Hand

Drake nods, solemnly

I knew quite a few of them. I'd flown on the Stormhand before. I knew the High Sorceress...

He looks... remorseful.

Rillithe... she was one of our finest scholars. An expert on Guardian civilization, and one of the greatest young minds of the Court. What a waste...

He sighs

She was tipped as the next Most High, you know. I had a hundred Marks on her. She'd have walked it too, if it wasn't for this.
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2009-01-03 at 04:45 PM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

12. - Top - End - #822
    Ogre in the Playground

Lady's Hand

Bria nodded "Jon was young, too young. He was a fine commando, one of the best, but not ready for leadership"

She laughed bitterly "The last time I talked to him he swore he wanted to be a farmer, and now he won't get that chance"

- SurlySeraph

13. - Top - End - #823
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Greystone View Post
    Exchange

"So" Verona said "What would you like to see?"
    Exchange

I don't know. It's been a while since I left Charath, and the Court.

You know this place, Verona. What is their here?
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

14. - Top - End - #824
    Ogre in the Playground

Exchange

"Well it is really up to you" she shrugs "Do you want to see historic places or sightsee, or what?"

Dock 1835

Melvinar brinks and scoffs "What is happening outside eh?

- SurlySeraph

15. - Top - End - #825
    Bugbear in the Playground

Dock 1835
    Dulin laughs. "You've never been to a Fraonite Science Convention, so you wouldn't know. We do live shows. We always have to do damage control. Casualties usually range in the hundreds, if not thousands. You don't know what you're getting into. Lemme take you on a tour, first."

Deus (Public)
    Delan laughs and leads the two Aetheri through the streets. The Aetheri translators should have picked up the military language used by the Deusian soldiers, so they could join in on the laughing and fun.

Delan turns into a sidestreet, then motions for the Deusian soldiers to get their helmets on and weapons up. The street was empty, and nothing seemed to be much of a threat. Delan turned to the two. "Can you guys fight?"

Deus (Private)
    Tulak gave the Fraonite equivalent of a whistle, a rumbling growl. "Well, there are currently 162 Fraonite Senators on the planet, many thousands of businessmen. I'll brief you on the ones who are coming in- oh, crap. We got one coming in. This guy's a real bastard. He's a prominent businessman; do not sign anything he gives you or make any promi-"

Tulak was cut of by the joyous roaring of a rather fat Fraonite man. He gave the same grimace-like smile at Nain. He was wearing what were obviously expensive clothes, and, of all things, a top hat, which he flourished as he bowed, then got up to shake Nain's hand."Hello, me boys! I heard you're from not Fraonite, and my sources appear to be correct! How are you doing?"
    RIP Gary Gygax, March 4th, 2008. May he roll 20's in heaven forever.
    RIP Dave Arneson, April 7th, 2009. He roleplays his way into our hearts.
    Avatar by Banjo1985, the Awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by havocfett
    Quote Originally Posted by My self
    I'll throw in my hat as a Dwarf Warlord//Were-Dire Badger, going into Dwarven Defender and Deepwarden from Races of Stone. Is that cool?
    ...I'm not sure the vocabulary exists in the english language to express how much I approve of this concept.

16. - Top - End - #826
    Ogre in the Playground

Deus (Private)

Nain tenses at Tulak's description, changing to a lighter, friendlier tone when addressing the businessman

Well, a bit of a culture shock. However, we're starting to settle in.

He bows, still in his ornate heavy armour, though his helmet is removed

Capitan Jacob Nain of the Aetheri, here in charge of the Union Delegation. And you are?

Deus (Public)

The pair blinked at the sudden change from the merriment.

With a weapon, sure. But we left ours on the ship.

Exchange

Theoi laughs deeply, and all the Aetheri smile

Miss Verona, our societies probably work entirely differently. Historical sites would be interesting, but there is almost nothing you could show us that we would not be interested in.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

17. - Top - End - #827
    Ettin in the Playground

Lady's Hand

Tatheran snorts. "A fine mind, perhaps - but she's stubborn as a Futurekind, I must say. Far too stubborn for her own good.

As for Spera... there are some who aren't born for war - and there are those who are. I must agree with you - far too rash and headstrong to ever be a great leader. I mean, those are quite good qualities in a leader when balanced out with a keen mind and consummate skill, but all Spera had was a temper and an army. Not usually a very good combination, as I've told my old friend time and time again."
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #828
    Ogre in the Playground

Lady's Hand

Drake looks curious at Tatheran's comment on an "old friend"

Who are you speaking of?

He doesn't point out the captain's reference to Rillithe in the present tense. Best not to bring up the past.

Spoiler
    Show
    And Kerra asked another question, way back, just above the memorial
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

19. - Top - End - #829
    Ettin in the Playground

Lady's Hand

Tatheran gives a half-grin, more like a smirk. "Oh, one of the Kharlong - goes by the name of Grgor Cl'gane. We've fought before, both alongside and against, and he just charges in without finesse, hoping brute strength and sheer infernal belligerence will break the enemy. If he heard me calling him an old friend right now, he'd probably do his best to break my spine in six places. Some memories last a lifetime..."

Spoiler
    Show
    I can't find it.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #830
    Ogre in the Playground

Lady's Hand

Spoiler
    Show
    Here it is. I'll add a more direct question

There are many small gods, but four important ones. The Emperor, The Lady, The Crone and the Magister. Some worship one god above others, some hold to them all, each in their own place, in harmony...

There are also four dark gods, the reflections of those we worship. The Hound, the Dark Prince, the Fly Lord and the Schemer.

Let us... not dwell on them. Tell me of these "New Gods" of yours. They sound interesting. Gods aren't usually supposed to be new, are they?

Oh, BTW, waiting on your approval still, via PM.

Drake laughs

A lesson that, by the Magister's grace, heretics rarely learn.

He looks around

Well... are we done here?
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2009-01-04 at 08:56 AM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

21. - Top - End - #831
    Ogre in the Playground

Lady's Hand

Bria's eyes had narrowed slightly as Tatheran had mentioned Jon, but she filed it away for a later date.

She listens as Drake and the Captain speak, then she answers Drake "I believe this is all we need to see"

Spoiler
    Show
    Should I start the meeting after this?

- SurlySeraph

22. - Top - End - #832
    Ogre in the Playground

Lady's Hand

Drake nods

Deactivate

The holo fades, to reveal a large, central chamber. Drake makes for the same door they came in by, heading for the garden to find Verin

[[assuming the other's follow]]

Verin and his staff are finishing up with routine checks, environment, lighting. Most are now discussing things amongst themselves. Verin is not with his underlins however, leaning against a tree

Ah. We're about done. How'd you like it?
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2009-01-04 at 09:18 AM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

23. - Top - End - #833
    Ogre in the Playground

Lady's hands

Bria nods "I liked it, and it will be a good memorial"

- SurlySeraph

24. - Top - End - #834
    Ogre in the Playground

apologize for missing so much

Quote Originally Posted by Moral Wiz View Post
    Theralonia; Krin ship

Shressa, newly appointed sorceress, strode through the doors in ceremonial runic enhanced power armor, demon-blade at side, proudly looking around this alien ship. She bows to the Krin CO, removing her helmer to reveal short cut blond hair

Greetings from the Emphyric Union. I am Shressa, sorceress, and representitive of the Court of the High Chosen, Kerra, and I greet you in her name.
    the Captain nods Greetings from the Technocracy of Krin. Now, I'd ask you turn off any advanced tech or magic for the FTL trip in case our power sources interfere with each other. Anyway, it's rather important so, what exactly is the government of the Emphyric Union?
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

25. - Top - End - #835
    Ogre in the Playground

Lady's Hand

Verin nods, seeming to take this as a given

Now then, we can start work at once, but we might need to adapt, depending on how much time we have

We won't compromise on the design, but there are varying construction methods, that will take different amounts of time. When do you want it for?
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

26. - Top - End - #836
    Ogre in the Playground

Lady's Hand

"Whichever way best assures its longevity Sir" she shrugs " I am in no hurry, and expense is not an issue"

- SurlySeraph

27. - Top - End - #837
    Ogre in the Playground

Lady's Hand

Verin smiled

They'll all build exactly the same way, and give the exact same result. It's just a question of resources, and direct access to the grove
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

28. - Top - End - #838
    Ettin in the Playground

Lady's Hand

Tatheran yawns, exposing ivory teeth and a wet red tongue. "Not bad, not bad at all. Could have had more carvings depicting the highlights of the battle, but that's just a cultural preference."

Bathhouse

As the Khal begin to step out and shake their wings dry, Rann Geltra stays by the leaders. "In the old days, the days of ice, we had the old gods that created us and banished us to barren Syrii. We realized that the gods were indifferent to our ways, uncaring of our great wars and our frozen suffering.

So we slew them, in a battle that ripped the heavens open. And we cast them down and smote the mountains with their ruin.

The new gods have stepped forward slowly - Rik Machinelord, Bethan the Healer, Dk'vye Lucklord, The Kaharach... They all have achieved divinity not by creation's whim but by their own worth, by blood and ice and fire. They are the New Gods."
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #839
    Ogre in the Playground

Bathhouse

"ah" Kane nods with a quiet smile "A true pantheon of hero's then"

He too gets up, and begins to dry himself "It seems that it is getting late, and we should get to the main hall so the party can begin. To be warned" he mock frowns "We will have to discuss policies and politics during dinner, its a silly custom, but an old one"

Lady's Hands

"Well, I trust your judgment"
    Bria says "You have access to the grove and my own artificers"

Bonnie, who had stopped playing the harp since the engineers had been woriking stands next to the Governor and whispers in her ear "It seems my lords the time has come for the dinner and conference" she gestures with a robed hand "This way"

- SurlySeraph

30. - Top - End - #840
    Ogre in the Playground

Lady's Hand

Full access to the grove, resources on demand...

The sage thinks for a moment, then smiles

Thank you, govenor. It shouldn't take too long .

Drake sighs

Politics at last... well, lead on.

Bathhouse

Kerra pays close attention at Rann Geltra's words. She beams at Kane's words

Sounds like an interesting party. Let's go

She's back in her black and golden armor in no time, though she keeps her helmet off, as she heads with the group towards the main event.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden