New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1132
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Galactic CrossFire - Peace/War? Victory either Way!

Stroll

Tatheran lopes quickly up to Drake, coat fluttering behind him. "Hasty, aren't ya? Eager to reclaim what is yours? Verona, I personally think here is good enough, if we can move at a more agreeable pace..."

Disturbia

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I'll need to know what it does before I can respond fully.

Norya shuddered as the needle went in. "B-but why? Why cause so m-much pain?"
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

2. - Top - End - #992
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Verona is like twenty two, tops. She is definatly the babe in the woods with you two

Stroll

Verona shrugs sheepishly "Sorry"

Disturbia

Spoiler
    Show
    The blue fluid is injected and suddenly Norya feels a tingling throughout her body. Kara, whistling nonchalantly unties the manacles. Norya realizes quickly that she cannot move her arms or legs and the feeling is spreading quickly.

Re'thran; System

A fast group of Goh ships, alerted by Commander Direca and led by a Captain Gram jumps into system. The fleet is one Fist cruiser and a Talon Battleship, five frigates, two of which are the Anti-fighter ones.

"Sorry for being so small, we haven't really had time for preparation"
    A thick drawl comes over the microphone "But this is Battlegroup Aides to help the Aetheri"

She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

3. - Top - End - #993
    Ogre in the Playground

Stroll

It's not a question of what's mine. It's a question of liberty, freedom.

Drake, reluctantly, slows, as he starts to make his argument. The words aren't perticularly eloquent, the words of a soldier with some education, but they're from the heart.

Those things are fundamental to us. They are the basis of everything. The right to choose your path through life. Granted, such freedom comes with responsibilities, and can be abused. But it's the Gods greatest gift to mortals. Free will.

And you would restrict it?.

He looks Tatheran straight in the eyes, the question an honest one, if laced with emotion.

Re'thran; System

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm kind of waiting on a response from Raz before continuing here.
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2009-01-07 at 11:37 AM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

In Auromar, Histantos Illist, Aasimar Warlock.

4. - Top - End - #994
    Ettin in the Playground

Stroll

Tatheran shrugs. "Restrict it? Every choice opens up new choices and opportunities, and even when one imposes his will upon you there is still always choice and new opportunities...

Blast the spirits for giving me empathy. You truly believe what you're saying, and you can't stand idly by and let your people be imprisoned, and still be Drake. And despite my desire to the contrary, I can't refuse you and leave you in torment over them, and still be Tatheran... I may not wish to do so, but I have to do so. Free will is nothing compared to the chains of ethics that bind us - self-made chains, haha.

It might be possible to arrange a trade while the main exchange of prisoners happens..."

"Of course, doing so might be dangerously close to treason..." A Khal steps out of the darkness after the trio, tall even among the towering Khal. A two-handed sword that Verona would have no chance of even lifting is strapped to its back, and its darkly-stained armor matches well with its red-tipped feathers.

"Cl'gane." Tatheran's voice drops from whimsical to dark in a moment. "I thought you were indoors, drinking and carousing with the rest of your motley band." Cl'gane chuckles, a menacing sound. "But then, who would keep an eye on the maverick?" He turns a crimson eye to Drake. "Certainly not the Aetheri krayl'inesha dgathor, or the weak little Goh." Tatheran tenses as he hears Cl'gane's name for Drake. "That was ill-said, Cl'gane... just tell me what you want and then get far from me." Cl'gane laughs again, a hoarse sound from the back of the throat. "Well, I must have been mistaken, but I thought I saw an officer of the Empire offering to return sources of information to a known enemy, on the cusp of a new Crusade. Sources of information that he claimed personally instead of handing over to the Empire as was right.

The sacred task of the Kharlong is to hunt out treason and..."
    He pulls one taloned hand up to the hilt of his enormous sword. "...punish it. Imagine, a Metkoan of the Army caught selling information to the enemy because he thought it was right. Oh, how tragic it would be. For the Metkoan. Oh, but if the Metkoan knew how treasonous his actions might be and refrained from them, he'd be breaking his code of honor..." Cl'gane laughs again, stepping back slightly.

Tatheran snorts, turning to Drake. "...We've had enough fresh air, I believe. Too bad the negotiations were inconclusive." With his back turned to Cl'gane, he winks at Drake and gives him a grin that lasts for all of a second...

Re'thran

"What?? Goh ships arriving in Aetheri space?" Voruk Eryn snarled.

"We can't fight two armies at the same time, especially with the Goh on their side. Prepare to retreat, but first we're going to hit that planet on the outside of the system. Let's smash through them!"

The Khal ships begin to form an arrowhead, slicing through the Aetheri fighters and flying on full power towards the third planet.

Disturbia

Spoiler
    Show
    Norya simply gives in to the feeling, not resisting it as it rips through her body.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Ogre in the Playground

Stroll

At the insult to her person, Verona had to keep control of her demon form as she wanted to break out. Instead she stepped right in front of the Khal in a blatant challenge "I don't think yo want to think of violence her Khal" her voice dripped with venom though she barely came up to his chest "This was a diplomatic meeting and you are interfering with a simple negotation"

She steps closer "stand down and go back inside before I make you"

Disturbia

Spoiler
    Show
    Kara looked close at the Spican "Ah, your not even going to fight it?" she frowned "Thats no fun, so I guess I will have to up the game"

She stood the girl up and propped her against a wall, so that she could see the table clearly, but was hidden behind a curtain "Well I have injected you with a muscle paralyser. Soon you will barely be able to breath let alone speak. I am going to torture your friends and comrades right in front of you....and to make it stop you just have to say one word."

Kara got very close "Please..."

Kara clapped her hands and the Vela was dragged in, gagged and bound. The Blood Jade quickly strapped the Vela down and locked it in place. Kara pulled oiut several needles "I am going to get information out of you little fox"

She asked a question "What is the Khal's true plan"

She smiled to herself, it didn't matter the answer, she didn't care. She pulled two small needles ot and placed them in two pressure points and put her fingers on a third. To the Vela it felt as though every bone in its rib cage was breaking.
    Last edited by Greystone; 2009-01-07 at 01:14 PM.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

6. - Top - End - #996
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Drake knows basic Khal. Not enough for fluency, perhaps, but the basics.

Curses and insults a speciality. The basis of Cl'gane's insult, please?

Re'thran

Speed and brute force allows the Khal to part even the elite Golden Hawks. They cut their way through, taking fire, perhaps, but their path is made.

However, along with the Goh, two small Aetheri fleets jump in. Even with the speed of the Khal ships, the Aetheri start to move to encircle them, the High Fleet dividing up to do it.

The path to Re'thran III, bar the fighters, is more or less open though. The newly arrived fleets can't menouver to block it off. However, anyone looking would see that the power surge coming from the moon is increasing.

Spoiler
    Show
    One more response, Raz, and the Bastion comes on-line.

A transmission reaches the Goh from the moon of Re'thran III

Good to see you. The Khal are heading back now, but feel free to engage at will.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

7. - Top - End - #997
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Added Distubia to previous post

Aetheri Space
    "Will do" Barked the Captain and told his ships to begin to aid with the encircling. He does not act foolishly though, he recognizes how dangerous a caged animal could be.

- SurlySeraph

8. - Top - End - #998
    Ettin in the Playground

Stroll

Spoiler
    Show
    Cl'gane likes to think of himself as witty - it was a complex insult, and a play on words. Drake could probably pick up the words "coward" and a variation of the word "sanctimonious."

Cl'gane chuckles when the little child deigns to try and defy him. He casually clenches his foot, crushing the stone he's walking on to rubble. "Interfering? I am the law, whelp. I could break you like a twig if I wanted to. Go run home to your parents, little child. You can no more make Grgor Cl'gane bend to your whim than you could control the seas."

Re'thran

The Khal fleet opens fire upon the planetary defenses, pulse cannons singing out in the void, unaware or heedless of the moon's power surge.

Disturbia

Spoiler
    Show
    Norya fights her paralyzed body, trying to force the word out between clenched teeth. If only she could say it.

If only she could look away, or close her eyes. As the Vela howled out in pain, she couldn't do a thing but watch as it was tortured. She couldn't even cry...
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #999
    Ogre in the Playground

Stroll

Drake doesn't turn around as Cl'gane walks to leave. One fist is clenched, the other is on his blade-hilt

I have a question, Cl'gane. Do you have here the means of watching the battles of the MetKoan as they fight their little wars? In the Khal shuttle, perhaps?

Council

Bastion Core's Power, on-line. Auxiliary power systems, on-line. Bastion operating at one hundred percent capacity. All systems, on-line

The Capitan of the BlackShip looked over from the viewscreen, where he had been watching the advancing Khal fleet.

It's done

Good.

Inquisitor Vash smiled, as she turned to the comm

Now, everyone. Let's show the Khal the power of this fully operational battle station!!

The entire fortress echoed with the cheers of the Inquisition, as the Bastion of Light entered it's first battle.

Re'thran III

As the Khal vanquished the few orbitals with ease... a volley of high powered shots hit the Khal fleet from the moon. More shots came as the moon... begun to move?

Scaffolding and fabricators are brushed aside as the entire moon pushes through them, slowly, but with as much power as the Khal fleet used to part the Golden Hawks, revealing...

A fortress. A massive, orbital instillation, as large as... well, a moon, bedecked with massive and magnificent weaponry. It had been built in the shape of a four pointed star, in honour to the four gods of light, and two majestic gun towers were in place at each of the points, with some of the finest weaponry of the Aetheri. Atop the massive towers of the central fortress, even larger guns are in place, letting a torrent of energy fly at the Khal fleet. Shots were greeted by a shield of purest white, as this inferno of fire entered the Frey.

The Vela amongst the fleet can feel the sheer power of this thing. And the power within themselves. A power that was still growing.

Bastion Central Intelligence

Emphyrian-Realspace interface commencing

10%
    20%
    30%...

Spoiler
    Show
    For want of anything better, go with this for the Bastion

Only the exterior towers are more pronounced, and the fighter docks are much less so.
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2009-01-07 at 03:09 PM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Ogre in the Playground

Aetheri Space

"By the Comet" muttered Gram, and he maneuvered his fleet to bolster the Aetheri cutting off the Khal. He had lost a sister at the Dai-Leok system, which was why he wanted to volunteer for this duty. His frigates helped screen the fleet while the two larger ships fired their long-range cannons.

Stroll

Verona raised an eyebrow and laughed, her empathy power at full " You are neither wise enough nor intelligent enough to crush me like that rock" she ***** her head "Why don't you show me what you've got"

She focuses her empathy for the tell tale spike in the psyche that would tell when he would attack or if.

Spoiler
    Show
    Verona is really tryiing to get him to attack first. This will be a fun way to get a actual enmy in the Khal Empire, instead of indifference or respect. She HATES when people call her just a child...she is the Dragon in her eyes

- SurlySeraph

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Ogre in the Playground

Disturbia
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Are you sure you know nothing" she pushed the fox down, unconscious. She sighed and looked at where Norya was "Couldn't save him vcould you? Lets see if you have better luck with the next one."

Another call and the Nebanese was brought in and the Vela was taken away. She circled the next victim and began to poke and prod at it. She quickly found that its pressure system was different than what she was used to.

That was until she hit the fingers, which caused the nebanese to gasp and Kara to smile. She took a moment to test out the new aversion and then went to her bag again. After a moment she cursed and flicked on the light, apparently to find something only to hear the trapped alien grumble.

She turned slowly and viciously. She called in another of the Jade and he rushed to follow her orders. He soon returned with a high powered sunlamp. She flipped it on, right into the Nebanese's eyes.

- SurlySeraph

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Bugbear in the Playground

Meeting
    "Tichan, my soldiers have enough on their hands. We don't play wargames, even if you wanted us to."

Farez sighed and stood up. "I must take my leave. I have my own various projects which must be attended if they are to grow and succed. Kane, Kerra, Loras, a pleasure to meet you all." He bowed to the three in turn, then turned to Tichan. "Good-bye, sir. Your soldiers will be used well. Good-bye."

Farez bowed to Tichan and stood up. He shimmered and wavered, then dissapeared.

Deus (Private)
    Purat nodded. "Smart idea, smart idea. What kind of ideas do you trade? I'd be happy to make some deals for some non-biologicals."

Dosadi
    Gelan stood above the Khal warrior, who was strapped to the table. Gelan took up a large scalpel from the tray next to him, part of the typical medical room. He put the tip of the scalpel into the Khal's chest. It hummed with energy and turned bright red with a laser sheath.

The Khal roared in pain as Gelan started cutting into it's chest. Gelan stood up and snorted. "Shut up. You're ruining my concentration." Gelan pressed a button, and a energy wave went through the Khal, visibly arcing throughout the Khal's body. Straps on the table tightened to the Khal's body as Gelan resumed cutting into the Khal.

As the Khal growled, Gelan turned to him, a frown on his face. "It's gonna hurt more next time. So shut UP!" Gelan smacked the button again, and the energy arced even higher across the Khal's body. This time, the Khal went limp. Gelan smiled. "Ah. Bliss. Computer, turn on Delis' Concerto 34." The music blasted through the lab as Gelan resumed cutting, humming merrily.
    RIP Gary Gygax, March 4th, 2008. May he roll 20's in heaven forever.
    RIP Dave Arneson, April 7th, 2009. He roleplays his way into our hearts.
    Avatar by Banjo1985, the Awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by havocfett
    Quote Originally Posted by My self
    I'll throw in my hat as a Dwarf Warlord//Were-Dire Badger, going into Dwarven Defender and Deepwarden from Races of Stone. Is that cool?
    ...I'm not sure the vocabulary exists in the english language to express how much I approve of this concept.

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Ogre in the Playground

Deus (Private)

Pretty much everything. Ideas are easy to transport. For example, we have a whole series of ideas and scripts for holo-drama. Have a look.

He throws Purat a holo pad.

We've gotten a rough translator up. It should be about right.

Spoiler
    Show
    The scripts are, in fact Dral's. And pretty bad, by Aetheri standerds. As is the holo-projector.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Ogre in the Playground

Meeting

Kane's eyes blazed for a second "What did he mean, used well" he spat "I do not abide the use of ones own soldiers against their own against their will"

- SurlySeraph

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Ettin in the Playground

Stroll - Fight!

The spike came instantly, almost too fast for Verona to react - and Cl'gane was slashing his talons down towards her face, a great wing slamming down towards her body...

Re'thran III

The Tchaikoan of the Vir'l karrj Rkag watched the ansible displays with horror. "New Gods.. the fleet's been decimated in one fell swoop. The Metkoan's ship... gone.

...Yaikoan! I need that vessel scanned and recorded in the photo-banks, before we get out of here."

The ansible crackled out, "This is Metkoan Vral Kvarjan, second in command of the Army. We are going to Jump out of the system in thirty rels - all ships, start up your Jump Engines!"

Meeting

Tichan simply stood, looking at where Farez had disappeared from, breathing heavily. Then, he turned to Dr'ysthen and spoke in Old Khal. "The lords of dark science and technology... used well. Damn them to the seven hells. Dr'ysthen, they could do blasphemous things with the essence of a Khal. They must not be allowed to do so.

...The price for being able to wield all eight spheres."
    Antara Dr'ysthen finished for him, bitterly. "Is using all eight spheres. ...If this is your will, Kaharach, then it will be done. I dislike using the dark sphere, but this is necessary." Dr'ysthen bowed to Kerra and Kane. "My apologies, great lords. I have business to attend to that must be completed as swiftly as possible. Perhaps I shall be able to return." Then, he turned from the room and left.

Mych'aell and Sigran

Dr'ysthen was back with them, suddenly. "Mych'aell. I need your help - the Faronites play with dark things, and darkness must stop them."
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Ogre in the Playground

Fight!

Verona felt the attack coming, but it was almost to fast to dodge, but she did and then brought her leg straight around to smash into the Khal's face. She could taste his overconfidence and proceeded to attempt to deal with that.

Her muscles grew and she began to grow taller "I told you you were not wise enough fool" she smirked "things are rarely as they seem"

- SurlySeraph

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Ettin in the Playground

Fight!

Cl'gane laughed. "Oh, the little girl can fight. How interesting.." He unleashed a flurry of slashes with his long, stained talons as Tatheran turned and yelled, grabbing for his pulse pistols. In response, Cl'gane shifted so that Verona was between Tatheran and himself. "The little girl can fight, but how well? Against one who was once a Karak?" His long talons rake her side open as his furious assault begins to take its toll. "Run, little girl. Run or die!"

Disturbia

Spoiler
    Show
    As the Nebensee screamed, its sensitive eyes almost burning even with its pale lids closed, Norya felt the helplessness sweep through her, and fear. So much fear. This alien was crazy - it would kill all of the innocent soldiers to hurt her, and then it would kill her with more torment than she had ever known. If she could have cried, she would have broken down in tears. She was afraid, and it was devouring her.

Y'know what? This is what my first battle was like - much worse, but with the same enemy. Fear. The Tjurani are going to slam into our defenses in less than three hundred rels, and any sane soldier is going to be paralyzed with fear. Don't be sane! The Spicans have exceptional memories, and words from the Dynasian War came back to her - words spoken by the bravest man she'd ever known. Fear's going to come and claim you, boys - spit in its teeth! Tell it to shut up and let you focus on the fighting, because if fear's got you you're going to die. With fear gone and determination and stupid stubbornness in its place, you'll burn brighter than stars in this place, even if one damn Tjurani takes you down! Any man who's not going to fight fear can lay down his weapons and hope that the Tjurani won't break through. He'd dropped down from the ruined pedestal he'd stood on in the Tjurani temple, and pulled out his pistols and walked to the great stone doors, shoving them aside as if they were simply curtains. Then he'd turned, as the rising sun shone through the doors and the Tjurani army could be seen behind him, surging forward. And he'd laughed. Everyone else can follow me, and damn the Tjurani, and damn fear! Great Spirits keep us all!

There was a subtle change in Norya's breathing - slightly calmer and regular. He'd said that when you lost to fear, you'd already died. He'd lived out his words, laughing as he blasted his way through ranks of the alien warriors, Norya at his side with a power-sword and suppression shield. She could spit in fear's face for him. Tchaikoan Illa'tatheran.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Ogre in the Playground

Bastion Central Inteligence

70%
    80%
    90%

100%. Emphyrian-RealSpace interface achieved. Stand by.

Re'thran III

The air seemed to hang heavy as the Khal JumpDrives started charging. Their was a reason for this.

With an enormous burst of purest white light, Five, magnificent beings of energy appeared, one above each of the Bastion's central towers.

They flew towards the Khal ships at impossible speeds, their swords glowing. The engines of the larger ships their target. One reached such an engine, and simply flew right through it, punching through the metal of the ship without apparent effort. The engine sputtered... and died, fuel leaking from the holes. The warrior seems unaffected however.

They do not strike to destroy the Khal ships, just to cripple their escape. The fire from the Bastion and Aetheri ships slackens off, as all the Aetheri stare in wonderment at the flight of the Angels.

Fight

Drake's blade is drawn in an instant. This was less an over-reaction than it seamed. He knew what Khal talons could do.

He does not attack however, assuming a defensive stance. He too looks surprised at Verona's transformation though.

Mych'aell and Sigran

Sigran looks interested

Faronites playing with darkness? Intriguing...

He leaves the question unsaid
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2009-01-08 at 04:47 AM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Ettin in the Playground

Mych'aell and Sigran

Mych'aell's face grows ashen as Antara Dr'ysthen strides to the doors at the end of the hall. "It's not literal - at least, the bit about the Faronites. You don't have to come - it's not going to be pleasant." He scrambles out of his seat after Dr'ysthen.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stuff about Re'thran III later, after Greystone posts.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Ogre in the Playground

Fight

Transforming had been a calculated risk, as she could not hope to match the Khal's strength as a Goh, only Brianna or Kane could do that. The wounds in her side would of been devasting before, but they had not come fast enough. But in Demon form, as the first Khal opponent had found, she was now easily equal to his strength.

His claws and wings were still a danger however and she began to parry at the Khal's forearms to avoid the claws.

"Little Girl eh? You were a Karak? Were you moved from a place of leadership due stupidity or cowardice?"

Verona suddenly spread her wings and jumped into the air, gracefully landing behind the Khal, moving to sweep his legs from under him.

Retheran III

Captain Gram blanched at the sheer power of the attack, then opened comm lines to the Khal "This is Captain Gram of the Goh" he glared "Surrender or we will be forced to start a firing squad"
    Last edited by Greystone; 2009-01-07 at 10:47 PM.

- SurlySeraph

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Ogre in the Playground

Mych'aell and Sigran

I've never had a better invitation

Sigran beams rogueishly as he follows the Vela apprentice

Besides, I keep on saying it, but I really didn't just get my office on luck. I might be able to help.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Ogre in the Playground

Disturbia
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Nebanese quieted, finally fallen unconscious by the beams of super powered light. And she ordered him to be carried away as well, she would have fun on them later.

She moved back to the Spican "Oh I am sorry, I am sure you were so close to stopping his pain" she shrugged and gave Norya a little pat on the head "Oh well, maybe next time"

At her command, the Khal was finally brought in "Now let me see" she began defly to press pressure points. "Interesting, it seems under all this tough skin, its pressure points are surprisingly similar to the Goh's"

She began to speak to Norya "Well, there is a way to find out" she takes two needles "This will either kill him, or wake him up"

She put them in and waited. After a tense second the Khal groaned and opened its eyes "Ah, you are awake my little bird" she said sweetly "I shall make you sing for me"

She took no less than thirty eight copper needles out and began to expertly insert them "his is actually a very delicate operation" she said conversationally as she forced the needles through his skin "This could very well kill you if I do it wrong"

She stopped and turned to the Spican "Look at this" she showed a specific copper needle "There is one needle that can save him, pull it out and you can save him. The paralysis should wear off soon." Then she turned back and placed the needle in the Khal.

After twenty grueling minutes she was finally done. She had her fingers pressed onto two pressure points "When I let go of these points" she said "We'll see how your rippling muscles help you"

She let Goh and soon after a small annoying contraction ripped through the Khal's body.

"And now what you feel is your own muscles are contracting, and will continue until your own strength shatters your own bones."

The muscles continued to become more painful and his body creaked worriedly. But Norya's poison began to wear off....
    Last edited by Greystone; 2009-01-07 at 11:09 PM.

- SurlySeraph

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Ettin in the Playground

Fight

Grgor Cl'gane simply digs his talons into the ground, letting Verona slam her legs against his armor, before turning and slamming his wing into her chest with the force of a bolt of lightning. "Tides of war, little girl. My Kaharach decided that I was better fighting at his side than against him..."

Mych'aell and Sigran

As Mych'aell runs after Dr'ysthen, he gasps out an explanation to Sigran. "The last time I saw Master Dr'ysthen this angry, he demolished the building he was in. I think the Faronites did something really bad - bad enough that Dr'ysthen would use the Dark Sphere of magic. We hate using it, but sometimes we don't have a choice. It's black and twisted magic, magic of darkness and demons and... necromancy. Learning all eight spheres has its price, Sigran, believe me!"

Disturbia

Spoiler
    Show
    Hearing a wild, fearless laugh ringing in her ears, Norya forced herself to walk forward, focusing all of her grace and skill into not falling and striding over to the Khal.

Without fear, she strode to the table as her legs loosened and she reached out with a trembling arm to pull out the deadly needle from the Khal...
    Last edited by Raz_Fox; 2009-01-07 at 11:19 PM.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Ogre in the Playground

Mych'aell and Sigran

Sigran nods.

Demon binding is an art the Aetheri know. Not the other things you mention, but Binding and the Arts are well within our power.

If you guys want resources... I'm at your disposal.

Fight

Enough!

At Verona's flight over her foe, Drake acted. With a flash of light, the two combatants were parted with a burst of telekenetic energy. Drake stood between the pair, his blade towards Cl'gane, a glowing gauntleted fist towards Verona. Drake faced both, snarling

The oaths of your leaders say that there shall be no fighting here. For the sake of their honor, if not your own, both of you, stand down!

Edit
    Spoiler
    Show
    Grey, you ninja... I'd like Drake to come in before that last post. It was his chance to seperate the two of you easily, after all...
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2009-01-08 at 04:48 AM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Ogre in the Playground

You sure? It could be when The Khal is blinded by pain?

- SurlySeraph

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Verona's less likely to stand down that way, and Drake isn't as strong as her. Plus, you can't really use telekenesis in a grapple.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Ogre in the Playground

Fight

Verona cursed as the light knocked her flight pattern off, causing her to land far from where she had intended well out of reach of the Khal.

At Drakes words she stands abashed "I apologize, he struck first" she turns anger filled eyes on the Khal "Another day Khal"

The Khal may have been lucky, any more damage and she might of just incinerated him, but they would never know. She turned and walked towards Drake, reverting to her public form.

- SurlySeraph

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Ogre in the Playground

Disturbia
    Spoiler
    Show
    Only to realize in horror that all of the needles looked the same. Acting on impulse Norya used her memory to pull the one she thought had been the one pointed out by Kara.

Then she heard it, the wet pop and smack "I guess you chose the wrong one"

Kara laughed herself and pulled a single needle out, the cracking stopped, though even a Khal could not stay awake through that.

"How does it feel"
    Kara hissed "To know that you could not save him, when I could"

- SurlySeraph

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Ogre in the Playground

Meeting

Used?... Kerra simply looks confused at Farez's words, looking round at the other rulers, trying to get someone to fill her in..
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Ogre in the Playground

Meeting

Kane looked at Kerra "My guess he is manipulating them in some way, through magic or science, to twist them to their will" he face is uncharacteristically gloomy " I despise that sort of thing"

Spoiler
    Show
    He would hunt down Kara if he knew what she was doing

- SurlySeraph