New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Galactic CrossFire - Peace/War? Victory either Way!

Aetherlight

I don't know... hold on

He's been walking all this time, and they've just about reached the armory. He opens it, to reveal a small, intricately organized room. Everything seems to be in it's place, and the aide wasts no time in heading to the correct shelves

A suit of light power armor, enchanted to allow the wearer to move with the speed of the storm....

He hands over the suit to her with a smile, then heads through a back door. Then, with a smile, he returns, and produces from a new found case

A large, wicked looking serrated blade, of some black metal. As Verona picked it up, dark red runes flared along the blade. The aide sighed.

Yes, I know. But... well, try and focus on the blade. Like you did with the Aetherlight. Then channel your powers through it, and... see what happened

Spoiler
    Show
    Verona's powers will merge with those of the demon. You can consider this a major power boost for her, as she's drawing on both Aetheri and Goh magic...
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-12-08 at 02:51 PM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

In Auromar, Histantos Illist, Aasimar Warlock.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Aetherlight

Verona held up the dark sword staring into its runic sylabels, then she focused her power. The blade crackeled with red fire. She grins "Yes, this'll do nicely."
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

The aide smiled

Good. Now, quickly, get into that armor. Then meet me at the hanger bay, with that guard of yours. We have work to do.

With that, he's off into the Aetherlight's winding corridors. There don't seem to be any other Aetheri about....

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, he's forgetting for a moment she'a an alien. Think for a moment. What's notable about the Aetherlight so far, in it's systems?
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

Dai-Leok system

The jump - as always - took eternity and was over in a second. A frigate, shields weakened, smashed apart in the incredible stresses of FTL travel. The rest of the Army made it intact. They emerged above the planet Dai.

Metkhun of the Army Rann Thnor looked out across the battle, to where the Rillax vor Yn was about to explode and the Hwri rkia Schad was withdrawing. Despite the excellent piloting of the Lar duthin Hli, it had been hit by the battleships. Then she saw it.

"Activate the plasma scourge now! This is our chance to destroy the abomination!" As the supercruiser Mith drikn Vwy - twice as long as a Khal battleship - shot towards its nemesis, and the eight Khal battleships flanking the supercruiser shot forward, hundreds of Khal fighters zipping past them, Rann Thnor hissed the alien name. "Aetherlight."

Luthus's bridge

The Khal company that had fought to the bridge was not the only company on that ship. A second company blasted their way through the port bridge door and opened fire on the Goh assembled there, Khal pulse rifles pounding out their yellow beams, Vela light rifles puncturing armor.

In the corridor, Maximus bent to pick up his weapon when two yellow beams blasted through his armor and his body. The Khal Koan was on one knee, but both his claws held powerful pulse pistols set to max power. It rasped out, "Tak xhirn, peethlla d'th krror!"
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Aetherlight

On the bridge, Khan blinks as the battlefleet approach, his shock at this new threat total.

Mreciful Emperor...

After making the Eight Pointed Star, Khan returns to barking out order

Evasive menouvers. Keep that bloody battleship between us and them, make sure they won't have a clear shot.

The Aetherlight responds with a speed mortal hands could not match. Their guns slackened off, focusing only on taking out the Khal guns returning fire. The summonings remain though.

He opens a comm channel to Brianna.

You'd better have re-enforcements on the way, governor....
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Infiltrator #42

The battle had been fierce. It looked like the wisdom of sneaking aboard the ship and placing a beacon had been proven. The infiltrator watched as Maximus and his crew were being gunned down. When Maximus took two bolts through the chest, it was time to act. Suddenly, in a shimmer, a new being was on the bridge.

That's enough of that. I believe it's time for us to go.

At that, the figure disappears...and so do Maximus and the rest of the bridge crew.

Spoiler
    Show
    Maximus and the other 9 saved are on a cloaked carrier a few systems away. I'll be back on in about an hour. If they just need a rest, they can be send back just as easily(and quickly).
    Thanks to Edwin for the Avatar!

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Aetherlight

Verona thought quickly...then it came to her. She put on her armor then willed the ship to tell her which way to go. The ships lights blinked, almost creating a path. She turned to her men "For Brianna and the Emperor!"

Brianna

The Governor looked out across the battlefield. Her ship fired one last salvo of arcane energy, causing the cruiser to vaporize finally. Then her pale face darkened as she saw the new enemy army.

She heard Khan's message "Indeed, my Commander is almost here and Emperor Kane is mustering the grand fleet, but I don't know how long its going to take to get here"

She turned and issued a fleet-wide command "Form up on me, the only way to take these bastards out is to hit them with a concentration, maneuver Gran'vesh"

All of the Goh ships, barring two frigates protecting the planet, including Commander Direca form into a single three line formation, with smaller ships running interference for them. They move strategically to support the Aetherlight and other Aetheri ships.

The Goh fire volleys of fire into the recently arrived army, attempting to tear apart the smaller craft. Brianna looked grim, even with her knowledge of field tactics she could only do so much. She had under her command five battleships, and many of the smaller craft. Her commander could turn the tide if he hurried.

"Khan, any of your military willing to help us, or is this all we got?"
    Brianna asks without taking her eyes off the battle.

Luthus

One minute Luthus was chopping down on a Khal, the next he was in a room with the unconscious Cali, the bleeding Maximus, and the remnents of the security and bridge crew.

"What the Devil is going on?" he asks in wonderment...
    Last edited by Greystone; 2008-12-08 at 04:23 PM.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Brianna/Aetherlight.

Don't know. We're out of the Emphyrian proper, so I can't contact the High Chosen telepathically. And we're a bit busy here to start with long range transmissions.

You know where our space is roughly. You still hold the ground. Get someone to send a transmission out. If you do...

The transmission breaks off, as the Atherlight goes into a particularly complex roll.

Aetherlight Docks

Things are growing ever more frantic on the Aetherlight as the Goh make their way through it. The hanger bay is totally chaotic as all the smaller ships are scrambling.

The Aide is standing, along with four of the Sorcerers Verona saw earlier, in full armor and six more robed Aetheri by a small, quick and pointed shuttle. They seem to be mounting to get in.

Jal, the aide, turns to greet the Goh. You note he seems to be carrying Khan's glowing bladestaff

There you are. Quickly, into the shuttle. We're going on a little boarding mission
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-12-08 at 04:31 PM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Emperor Loras & Luthus

My apologies for the abrupt trip, but it didn't look like your commander had much more time.

*At that, a shape appeared from the darkness. At first, it looked like a six-legged insect/reptilian...thing...made of crystal or glass. As it spoke, is shifted to a form resembling that of the Goh, although it still looked like it was made of glass*

I am Emperor Loras XXVI, ruler of the Kreel. Will any of you need emergency treatment?
    Last edited by Krrth; 2008-12-08 at 05:25 PM.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Brianna

"You make a point"
    She cuts the connection and orders the ensign to relay their message to the colony ships still at the colonization zone, who relay it to the Aetheri troops still there.

The Goh ships fire one line at a time, three second intervals, constantly battering back the Khal. Brianna knows she can't keep it up for long and so instructs her fleet on what to do when the enemy finally breaks through. She smiles grimly, her men are the best trained in the Goh Empire and they could hold until Reinforcements arrive.

Aetherlight

Verona nods at Jal "Understood" She turns to her men "Do you understand the risks I put you in?"

The troops as one replied "We are aware your sacrifice, and will honor it with our own"

"Are you prepared to put your lives on the line in order to protect our fellow Goh and newly found allies?" Verona continues what seems to be almost a prayer.

"Your cause is just and our fury is might"
    The four intoned.

Verona smiles and puts on her helmet, a piece of that covered the top of her head, down past her nose...but kept her mouth clear "Well then, with me"

"FOR THE DRAGON!" and the group quickly enter the landing craft.

Luthus

The crew looks nervous at being in the presence of someone they assume is great. Luthus's face darkens "Sir, several of my crew- especially Maximus, need aid. But I need to be on the battlefield"

Unshed tears gather in his eyes "My men" his tone is clearly one of rage "Must be avenged. Is there anyway I can continue the fight?"

- SurlySeraph

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Emperor Loras & Luthus

Aye, I can send you back. You would most likely die, however.

*A door opens, and several Kreel come running in. They hover over the wounded, glowing, and a musical note is heard*

Is that your wish? To Die? And for what reason?
    Last edited by Krrth; 2008-12-08 at 06:30 PM.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

On board the Rik'zhell d'nr Pwtath

"War has come again. The circle has come around, the equation has completed. Yet, new data has been added to the equation. We stand pitted against the Aetheri and two races that we have never seen before. They are truly fearsome enemies. However, the Khal Army arrayed against them has a weapon beyond all others - us!"

They had recreated the traditional temple design on board a starship, to better help the chosen of Rik. In the red candlelight, chosen members of the priesthood stood ready to help the fight.

"We stand against the Aetheri - and Metkhun of the Army Rann Thnor has told me that we stand against the Aetherlight! My brethren, we stand against the ultimate perversion of both magic and technology - combined as one unclean whole. My brethren, this should not be. This is blasphemy! This is madness!

But they have laid themselves weak, and their plans will fall to naught. For they depend on magic as much as they depend on their technology. We shall control both, and we shall see who is stronger without crutches! We shall break the weak this day, my brethren!"

He threw off the black robes of Rik's Priesthood, feathers glistening in the candlelight. He gracefully descended down the stairs, talons clicking on the durasteel, onto the carven red star of Rik. His brethren began the formulatic chant, number after number clicking into place in the eldritch equation.

"For science!"

He began the dance, every move careful and calculated perfectly. This was no art - this was a science, and should be regarded as such. He felt the magical disruption immediately. It would spread. Let those who blasphemed the most holy technology beware.

On board the Aetherlight

One of the Aetheri sorcerers began a spell, then stumbled and faltered, drawing his hand to his brow. "It's... strange. The aether seems... distant. The magic is... harder, somehow."

Spoiler
    Show
    I assume this is possible for "mages" with a focus on Anti-magic, correct, Armin? If you want, it's flexible enough that I can weaken its effect.

Aboard the Mith drikn Vwy

"Divert more power to the plasma scourge and manouver so we can hit it straight on!"
    Not a good idea, Metkhun of the Army. Shut down the plasma scourge and divert power to the main cannons.
    Rann Thnor shook her head in dismay. Kaharach, we could destroy the Aetherlight this day. Is this wrong?
    Look, you can't win by destroying the Aetherlight. You need to break the first alien fleet - they're good. They're very good. Destroy them, and you'll break the defenses. I'm currently stuck in the Dorasian Crusade, but I will arrive in person as soon as possible. This is... intriguing, to say the least. Capture the commander of the first alien fleet, if at all possible. Barring that, capture a high-ranking alien of the first fleet. I will have questions for prisoners.
    As you say, Kaharach. Your will be done. Rann Thnor sighed. "Open fire on the alien fleet engaging us - full guns, but shut down the plasma scourge. Prepare the space marines!"

From Luthus's ship

This is Koan Ryll Bxoryn. I need a tech-priest aboard now.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    On board the Rik'zhell d'nr Pwtath

"War has come again. The circle has come around, the equation has completed. Yet, new data has been added to the equation. We stand pitted against the Aetheri and two races that we have never seen before. They are truly fearsome enemies. However, the Khal Army arrayed against them has a weapon beyond all others - us!"

They had recreated the traditional temple design on board a starship, to better help the chosen of Rik. In the red candlelight, chosen members of the priesthood stood ready to help the fight.

"We stand against the Aetheri - and Metkhun of the Army Rann Thnor has told me that we stand against the Aetherlight! My brethren, we stand against the ultimate perversion of both magic and technology - combined as one unclean whole. My brethren, this should not be. This is blasphemy! This is madness!

But they have laid themselves weak, and their plans will fall to naught. For they depend on magic as much as they depend on their technology. We shall control both, and we shall see who is stronger without crutches! We shall break the weak this day, my brethren!"

He threw off the black robes of Rik's Priesthood, feathers glistening in the candlelight. He gracefully descended down the stairs, talons clicking on the durasteel, onto the carven red star of Rik. His brethren began the formulatic chant, number after number clicking into place in the eldritch equation.

"For science!"

He began the dance, every move careful and calculated perfectly. This was no art - this was a science, and should be regarded as such. He felt the magical disruption immediately. It would spread. Let those who blasphemed the most holy technology beware.

On board the Aetherlight

One of the Aetheri sorcerers began a spell, then stumbled and faltered, drawing his hand to his brow. "It's... strange. The aether seems... distant. The magic is... harder, somehow."

Spoiler
    Show
    I assume this is possible for "mages" with a focus on Anti-magic, correct, Armin? If you want, it's flexible enough that I can weaken its effect.

Aboard the Mith drikn Vwy

"Divert more power to the plasma scourge and manouver so we can hit it straight on!"
    Not a good idea, Metkhun of the Army. Shut down the plasma scourge and divert power to the main cannons.
    Rann Thnor shook her head in dismay. Kaharach, we could destroy the Aetherlight this day. Is this wrong?
    Look, you can't win by destroying the Aetherlight. You need to break the first alien fleet - they're good. They're very good. Destroy them, and you'll break the defenses. I'm currently stuck in the Dorasian Crusade, but I will arrive in person as soon as possible. This is... intriguing, to say the least. Capture the commander of the first alien fleet, if at all possible. Barring that, capture a high-ranking alien of the first fleet. I will have questions for prisoners.
    As you say, Kaharach. Your will be done. Rann Thnor sighed. "Open fire on the alien fleet engaging us - full guns, but shut down the plasma scourge. Prepare the space marines!"

From Luthus's ship

This is Koan Ryll Bxoryn. I need a tech-priest aboard now.

(Anti magic can work... sort of, if you have a concentration of mages onboard your vessels... )

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

Brianna

The Governor cursed as, instead of attacking the Aetherlight, The Khal began to fire at her lines. Her and the enemy began to trade fire, back and forth. Ships on both sides erupted into flames. Due to her superior formation and position she was losing less, but every ship lost was a critical blow to her defense.

A technician looked up "Princess, Captain Luthus has locked down his ship....Protocol 8"

Another comms officer moments later reported "we've intercepted a message from the Captain's ship...and its in Khal"

Brianna slammed her fist down. She knew those men. She had trained Luthos herself and at the battle of Calixan she had fought back to back with Specialist Maximus and Cali. They were now dead, or worse...captured. Her voice was quiet. "Initiate the Gormans code, third level voice transmission."

The crew looked up wide-eyed, the technician stammered "B-But ma'am won't that-"

"I am well aware of what it will do!" she replies sharply "The Khal have taken the ship and we cannot allow it to fall into enemy hands"

The technicians put in the code and she activated it with a somber look on her face. She watched as first the bridge, and then the powerstation exploded violently, ripping Captain Luthus and the invaders apart.

She turned back with a rage at the viewscreen. The enemy would pay. Despite her fleets firepower the enemy punched got pass the safety line and her ships reacted. They split into two groups, one led by her the other by Direca. As the enemy ships spearheaded their way in the two sides faced each other and annihilated the middle group.

Brianna turns to the holo-screen. "Lets see if you can deal with this" after some very specific directions her fleet forms into a gigantic vertical pretzel that continuously moved back and forth, up and doen, overlapping their shields and concentrating firepower. Another of her battleships was critically injured and Brianna cursed.

Suddenly sensors read that a new fleet had jumped into orbit. She smirked as she read the FOF tags, they were her other battleships led by Commander Vithis!

She struck ferociously despite the withering firepower with all the anger and knowledge she had. As the reinforcements engaged the enemies flank, she and her remaining battleships punched straight to the Super-carrier itself.

"Princess Brianna" Vithis crackled over the line "The Sun is coming"

Brianna smiled, this was going to get violent very quickly.

Luthus

The Captain turned away "Yes-I"

Maximus grunted and lifted himself up "No, Brianna would understand. We have done our part and now must only wait"

Others of the crew nod their assent, and Luthus sighs "Very well, but I will have my revenge"

Maximus nods "We all will"

- SurlySeraph

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Emperor Loras

*Pauses for a moment*

Well, I was going to offer to send you back with some of my troops, but it's moot now. The beacon has gone silent. That usually means the beacon was destroyed, along with the scout I had aboard your ship...but that's not really important. No matter. I assume you want to go home, yes?

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Luthus turns and salutes "I apologize for the death of your scout, but yes. We wish to return home...with as much help as you can bring, Sir"

- SurlySeraph

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Emperor Loras

Don't worry about my scout. He'll be fine. It's only death, after all.

You have a choice. My people usually don't get involved with other races. However, we um..."intercepted" your communications. These "Khal" are the worst kind of neighbors. If we don't help you now, they will eventually turn on us.

Anyways, to the choice. I can send you back to the system where you met the Aetheri now. Or, if you wish to stay on board my Command Carrier, you may accompany us back to the fight.

If you do decide to go with us, I have to give you a warning. We do not have the same biological requirements that you do. This room, and the sleeping quarters beyond that door, are the only ones that have any form of life support. If you wish to leave these rooms, you will need some sort of protective gear.
    Last edited by Krrth; 2008-12-08 at 08:14 PM.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Luthus nods "I will go with you, Both so Brianna will know you are an ally and so that we can coordinate tactics."

A crewman stands "I speak for the crew when we say, We'll all go sir"

- SurlySeraph

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Emperor Loras

Very well then. The ship is already underway, and we will be back at your planet in about a day.

Do you or your people need life support gear? We can fashion something fairly quickly if you do. You and your people are more than welcome to visit the bridge if you so desire.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Luthus's eyes practically bulged "A day!? Do you have anything that can help then now, they won't need aid in a day!"

Cali, who had been silently nursing her head spoke up "Please forgive our Captain, he is a bit nerve-wracked at the moment. Breathing apparatus would be an excellent help"
    Last edited by Greystone; 2008-12-08 at 08:36 PM.

- SurlySeraph

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Emperor Loras

If I detach some of the heavier ships, we can be there sooner. We would have to leave the battleships and dreadnoughts behind, but we can be their in an hour or two if we do.

*pause*

Forgive me, I apparently did not make myself clear. There is NO life support. No heat, no air. The conditions of this ship are very close to vacuum.
    Last edited by Krrth; 2008-12-08 at 08:51 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Bugbear in the Playground

Only one battleship phased back to the home system, heavily damaged. The fleet had been focused on another battle in a distant system. A single message had been sent before the ship's systems failed and the crew went catatonic. Send Reinforcements.

Feraz suddenly stood from his command seat on the superdreadnaught, a cold look of fury on his face. He turned to the holo screens, tapping in commands. A voice set appeared over his head. He began to rapidly speak out commands. "Alright everybody, we are going into actual combat, I repeat we are facing an enemy whose forces are equal or greater than ours. Prepare for heavy casualties. I don't think we'll take 'em, but best be prepared. Alright. Prepare for phase. CRUSADERS, PREPARE FOR PHASE! GLORY TO THE REPUBLIC!"

Cries echoed throughout almost fifty ships, the main bulk of the URF Crusader fleet. The ships phased out of existance

and back into it a moment later. The ships immediatelly dispatched into their orders, swirling formations of ships, dodging, ducking, and weaving. Many were mere frigates, almost fifteen cruisers, nine battlehips, two carriers, and the supermassive Superdreadnaught Unbreakable.

As the fleet emerged from phasing, they all auto-locked the Khal fleet and fired, one massive rolling wave of plasma, enough to engulf a small planet. The plasma was controlled by magnetic accelerators hidden in the hull of the ship, making it both deadly and harmless. Without the magnetic accelerators, the plasma would simply dissipate, but with them... the plasma could be guided.

But for all the weaponry of the fleet, the Unbreakable was by far the most dangerous. Gravitic hellbores tore and twisted gravity, causing Khal ships to be, at least, broken in places and slightly, and, at worst, to crush itself in it's own magnetic field. Phase Cannons shot phased solid materials that crashed against the shields of the Khal, outright destroying them. Gatling Magnetic Accelerator Cannons covered PD, shooting down missiles and fighters with the help of battlecomps.

As soon as the plasma stopped dropping, the fleet had phased out and were on another section of the battlefield, filling space with more plasma. Then sections of the fleet began to phase independantly of each other, in a totally random pattern, wherever the captain's whim took him. Soon, individual ships broke free of each other, causing chaos and havoc among the Khal.

Farez smiled at the thought of revenge for his people. He simply smiled.
    RIP Gary Gygax, March 4th, 2008. May he roll 20's in heaven forever.
    RIP Dave Arneson, April 7th, 2009. He roleplays his way into our hearts.
    Avatar by Banjo1985, the Awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by havocfett
    Quote Originally Posted by My self
    I'll throw in my hat as a Dwarf Warlord//Were-Dire Badger, going into Dwarven Defender and Deepwarden from Races of Stone. Is that cool?
    ...I'm not sure the vocabulary exists in the english language to express how much I approve of this concept.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

A pained exprssion crosses Luthus's face "Ok, life-support suits it is" he thinks for a second "Do you have any ships near the fighting that can help until we arrive?"

Governor

Brianna coughed "What the hell!?" the new arrivals were giving a pounding on the Khal fleet. Despite the magnetic accelerators, several of her ships had to break formation to avoid the plasma.

"Damn it, roll left!"
    The artificial gravity tried to compensate "To all ships, create a fighting wedge to punch out of the enemy fleet, we can't stay in the middle with this much random firepower!"

Brianna's fleet, supported by Vithis's command, broke through the shaken Khal. She attempted to regain order "All ships to damaged to fight, protect the planets, the rest of you, staggered th'far, immediately!"
    Last edited by Greystone; 2008-12-08 at 09:19 PM.

- SurlySeraph

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

Emperor Loras

Yes, but they are only light units. I have around 20 scout vessels and 3 destroyers that will be there in a few minutes.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Luthus shrugged "Well, there's no point if were to slow or two weak. I leave it up to your judgement"

- SurlySeraph

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Emperor Loras

They will still enter combat. If they are destroyed, they are destroyed. The crews will know better next time.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

The crew share a perplexed expression, then Luthus sighs "I have the coordinates to the system, do you need them?"

- SurlySeraph

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

You seem confused. Is something wrong?

The navigational data would speed things us a bit, yes.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Cali clears her throat, her voice cool and crisp "Well, we are a little...perplexed at your lack of concern for the deaths of your men, and the mention of "next time"

Luthus speaks up "I will be willing to input the coordinates directly into any computer you have sir"

- SurlySeraph

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Emperor Loras

Lack of concer....AH! I think I understand the confusion. My people are very, very hard to kill permanently. When one of us dies, our personality is "downloaded" into a new body. The process takes a while, but it does mean that we can afford certain....tactics...that might otherwise be undesirable.

*A pure musical note issues forth from Loras. A terminal opens up in the wall*

Feel free to use that terminal. If everything goes well, we can be at the battle within the hour.