New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Disciples of the True Way [IC]

Ithelus

"You should have just let him kill it!" He turns to the knight, "Please, we did not know! if such a terrible curse is upon you then we shall set you free without hesitation!"

[[ If the knight proves to be unresponsive to his plea the Ithelus will sigh. "I had hoped that I would be able to keep this hidden for longer," With a slow motion he unbuttons his trench coat and throws off the garment. He then rips off his shirt too, exposing his bare chest. His muscles are very well defined and conditioned, and his skin rather pale, but it is the stitches threat criss-cross his torso and arms that are most striking. At the ends, near the hand the threads seem almost alive, moving in the air. Ithelus mutters a few words and the tendrils begin to elongate. ]]
    Sigatar by Me

2. - Top - End - #62
    Orc in the Playground

Tadanori Oyama

Oyama finished his whispers and snapped his hand close, pulling his fist close to his chest. The tiny motes of light about him rushed away leaving green streaks in the air behind them. Each one struck into the moss and alges clinging to the walls (not his usual material of choice but it would serve).

In a slightly disgusting display, sections of plant growth struck with the light suddenly tore loss from the stone and took to the air, the clumps gathering shape and form as they fell and then flew. Within a moment dozens of what appeared to be hand sized moths filled the air around Oyama.

"Hinder as you can," Oyama said as one of the creations drifted closeby. In a flurry the moths scattered, some moving to fly about the others, prepared to attempt to absorb whatever banes may come their way.
    "Buddy, if I bothered to think like that would I be standing here today with an octopus-god larva growing out of my neck?"
    Suh'Zahne, Cultist of Ur

"Since things can't possibly get any worse, Red Mage, we turn to you."
    "Prepare to be proved wrong!"

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

The lighting strikes at the knight, discharging a great ammount of energy on him. As he kneels in pain, so does Razade, feeling the strain of launching huge ammounts of karma in such a small time interval.

Lighting still cracks around the once-human's body, but he rises from the ground, smiling. His shield has melted, turned into the grotesque black substance covering his body, but his blade is still as sharp as it was. He holds it with both hands, and charges at the group as Oyama prepares defensive measures and Ithelus shows his secret technique.
    My own homebrewed world/setting: Yay!

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Ithelus

The tendrils continue to elongate. Ithelus slowly passes his hands through some motions and chants under his breath. His movements seem to blur, as if an after image of his motions stays in your eyes. He then Charges at the knight, leaving behind a serious of manifestations in your mind. As he nears the knight he shouts out and the four stakes zoom from the unconscious spider straight towards the Knight's back. Taking advantage of the confusion of the after-images and the distraction of the stakes, Ithelus hurls himself at the knight, the tendrils attempting to wrap around the knight and draw him in close to Ithelus.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: If Ithelus succeeds in ensnaring the knight he will use his sacrificial spike technique to literally turn himself into a human pin-cushion to impale the knight. Either way afterwards he will probably collapse from the over-use of karma.
    Sigatar by Me

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

The undead knight charges readily to clash with Ithelus, bloodlust flooding from his dead eyes. As he aproaches, he lets out a maniacal laughter, and prepares to attack. As the spikes come to greet his back, he instinctively jumps, turning around and deflecting the metal nails with a fierce blow from his sword.

Bad choice.

The stitch-tendrils grab the arms, legs and the neck of the undead man, pulling him back. Ithelus grabs the man with his arms, fully restraining him. Then the rest of the group can clearly sense the great ammount being stored inside Ithelus' body.

With a shout, Ithelus releases all the karma; the scene that follows is full of gore. Dark-red stakes tear through the knight's chest, stomach and legs, making the once-human scream in anger and pain. The screams are joined by Ithelus' as the bloody spikes retract just to pierce again, in different spots. After a few minutes of this agonyzing torture, Ithelus' grip is released, and he falls on his back, loosing consciousness slowly, as the undead falls forward, face to the ground.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Firbolg in the Playground

Razade

Razade dash's(well...as much as one who just had the snot drained out of him can) over to his companion placing a hand under his jaw, checking for a pulse
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Ithelus

Razade moves over to Ithelus's torn body. His whole torso is covered in deep red holes where the solidified blood was pushed out. A few of the solid spikes still protrude from his stomach, as he fell unconscious before he could liquify them again. Some of the holes have formed into gashes as the skin itself ripped. A dark pool slowly seeps from his body and stains the surrounding earth. Razade feels a faint pulse, erratic, but still present.

Ithelus moans slowly and opens his eyes. His purple one is bloodshot and looks inflamed. "Did I get... the bastard? ... Maybe I was too... Drastic..." He mumbles. His eyes then close slowly. Still moving of their own accord the stitches unwrap from the knight and return to Ithelus's body. without moving Ithelus mumbles, "In my bag... needle and thread... If you can keep me going... until I get some karma back... I can fix the rest."

He does not move after that, although a faint pulse can still be felt.
    Sigatar by Me

8. - Top - End - #68

Razade

Razade gives a slight sigh of relief

"Well then...yes, you got the bastard. Told you it wasn't all that it seemed. You did good. You also saved us all a good deal of trouble. You have my thanks. I can only wonder what else this place has in store for us."
    My Current Works

9. - Top - End - #69
    Orc in the Playground

Tadanori Oyamap

"Amazing, if distrubing, show, Ithelus," Oyama said, walking over to the downed man. He waved his hand and a dozen of the fungal moths fluttered down, alighting upon the man. "They are truely meant to absorb magical malices, but I hope they can serve this purpose for the time being." The moths moved to the wounds which covered the man, laying themselves flat and tight against the wounds, some beginning to take on the color of the blood as they attempted to stonch the injuries.

"I shall set to work on him. I am no master with the thread, especially on flesh, but I mend my clothes well enough."
    "Buddy, if I bothered to think like that would I be standing here today with an octopus-god larva growing out of my neck?"
    Suh'Zahne, Cultist of Ur

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Ithelus

Ithelus's eyes slowly open and he looks up at his allies. He smiles faintly and opens his mouth but no words come out. He suddenly moves frantically and attempts to sit up but moans in pain and slips back into unconsciousness.
    Sigatar by Me

11. - Top - End - #71

Razade

Razade sighs, slowly assembling another mount.

"You can put him on that when your done. I'm spent for now"
    My Current Works

12. - Top - End - #72
    Orc in the Playground

Tadanori Oyamap

"I can imagine so. Impressive exploding and all that. But there is the question of the other now." Oyama gestured towatds the spider beast formerly the target of much of their efforts. More of his moths had settled on the beast, prepared to do their duty should it attack just as they still fluttered about himself and the others. "A bit of a problem, still, I think."
    Suh'Zahne, Cultist of Ur

13. - Top - End - #73

Razade

Razade shrugged

"If the beast was attacking the knight....are we sure it is evil? Are we to beleive a creature such as the Knight as to what the nature of that spider truely is? After all, not moments ago we thought it the true monster."
    My Current Works

14. - Top - End - #74
    Orc in the Playground

Tadanori Oyama

"Observations on the state of being aside, we require a plan of action. I am not suggesting we simply slay the beast, merely that we plan accordingly. It may be natural for it to attack strangers to these caves and, if that is the case, than I do not wish to be a victim."

He glanced at the spider. "Granted it has not made to harm us since Kaelvan released it but I wish to be sure before laying our heads down."
    Suh'Zahne, Cultist of Ur

15. - Top - End - #75

Razade

Razade nodded

"I suggest we restrain it and wait for it to awaken...if it is a monster then we leave it. If not we have done it a service and we let it go."
    My Current Works

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

Tadanori Oyama

Oyama retrieved the thread and needle from Ithelus' bag, as the man had instructed. This was going to be an unpleasent task.

"Agreed. Kaelvan, will you be able to bind the beast once more?"
    Suh'Zahne, Cultist of Ur

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Kaelvan

Kaelvan nodded. He touched the ground, and with a series of gestures tapped the ground. He had been stunned, too slow to act during the fight with the knight, and he was ashamed. Perhaps he was not as prepared as he had thought. A series of metal Hands enclosed the spider-beast's legs once more.

There. They will weaken after some time, that the beast will not starve to death - but it should give us time to complete the trial.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Orc in the Playground

As Kaelvan turned to the spider and binded it again, he noticed something strange. The others noticed it too, and turned to see. Left unchecked in the ground, a dark aura was forming around the knight's body. Faintly, but steadily, you could sense his karma growing, and now you could clearly see the holes made by Ithelus closing, regenerating.

Death Knight: "Too young. Too inexperienced. You failed to notice the only opportunity to defeat me, thinking I was already done for. Now you have doomed yourselves."

The undead arises from the ground, reclaiming his sword and slowly turning to the group. His eyes showed intense hatred.
    Last edited by Silverkiss; 2008-12-17 at 10:12 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

Tadanori Oyama

Oyama looked up at the voice, icy cold rushing through his flesh. Foolish! He had been foolish. They were drained and unready and their enemy appeared as empowered as before.

He acted on a whim, a half guess of an idea sparking in his mind: What healed the living, may harm the dead.

Throwing his hand forward, towards the advancing knight, Oyama shouted "Heal him!" and in a fluttering cloud the fungus moths left their perches about the party and upon the spider to rush towards the knight. The moths could take harm for him and his, perhaps they could syphen the harm out of this foul enemy.
    Suh'Zahne, Cultist of Ur

20. - Top - End - #80
    Orc in the Playground

As the life-force moths throwed themselves against the undead knight, sprinkling him with healing power, he quickly grabbed his sword, and tried to strike at the flying magical creatures. They were too fast for him, however, and he only managed to miss as the moths drew more and more power out of him.

Death Knight: "ENOUGH !"

With the shout, the knight slashed his blade in the air, sending forth a wave of purple energy that dissipated the healing creatures. With a grin, he turned to the group.

Death Knight: "Now... Give me your strenght, my precious 'saviors' ! Hahahaha !"

With steady steps, holding his blade high in the air, the death knight slowly aproached the group.

21. - Top - End - #81

Razade

"Keep it up. Clearly he does not care for such magic! Hold him off, I shall follow suit with our good friend down there"

Razade brush's the hair from his face, thrusting his arms into the air as he sets into a low stance, his breathing growing shallow as more blood leaks from his ears as he begins to channel his magic

"Kaelven. Get ready!"

Razade's hands slowly begin to glow, the ground underneath his feet growing warm, slowly cracking from the heat
    My Current Works

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Kaelvan

Kaelvan nodded, slowly starting to channel his elements, preparing to follow suit with Razade's plan.

23. - Top - End - #83

Razade

Razade suddenly drops his hands, the ground under the knight suddenly turning to marshy sand before trying to crawl up its body. His voice is tight as he begins to channel more energy, his whole body quivering from the strain

"Make it Metal once it stop or if it starts to struggle"
    My Current Works

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Kaelvan

The stoic elf nodded - as soon as the creature began to struggle, it would find itself no longer encased in soft earth, but in unyielding bonds of metal.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Orc in the Playground

Working with incredible speed and accuracy despite the circunstances, Razade and Kaelvan work together to bind the undead knight. Slowly, the sand starts to creep on the abomination's legs, changing into metal as it does so. When the metal alloy is encasing everything up to the knight's waist and he isn't able to shake it off, he sees that there is no more choice to him.

Death Knight: "It seems that being freed wasn't my destiny, after all. I can not complain, I never thought I would leave these cursed grounds anyway." - He makes a pause - "Now what, kids ? Do you truly believe that any method or magic you know can kill me ?" - The group can see a grin appear in his face.

26. - Top - End - #86

Razade

Razade staggers over to Kaelvan, placing a hand over his shoulder, his voice strained yet impassive

"We would have helped you had you simply listened to us. Now you seek to slay us. You seemed to not like the moths. And now you can not move. Let me assure you we may be battered and bruised, I have a contingancy should you reseist. I am sure we will find a way to put you to rest. Tadanori....would you please?"
    My Current Works

27. - Top - End - #87
    Orc in the Playground

Tadanori Oyama

Oyama nodded, his hat falling off his his head as he did. Amber eyes narrowed he stood properly and spread his hands wide, speaking swiftly and quietly, summoning all the force about him that he could manage. It was like trying to see everything in the cavern at the same time from all angles, his mind swam through an ocean of life and space as green lights danced around him.

In a flash of emerald trailing color the lights dashed away, each captive spirit merging with the materials at hand and taking the form in Oyama's spell shaped mind. Dozens of new moths circled above, likely all the living plant matter within this section of the cavern.

Oyama brought his hand up and pointed at the bound knight, "Forget this pain that you know in your dreams. Return to your proper role." His eyes widened and he snapped his fingers into a fist, drawing his hand back then casting it across his chest in a banishing motion. "Begone! You soulless creature!"

As one, the moths desended.
    Suh'Zahne, Cultist of Ur

28. - Top - End - #88
    Orc in the Playground

As the moths swarmed over the death knight and he screamed in pain, he still found time to laugh.

Death Knight: "Tell me, 'heroes', how do you plan on leaving this place ? Your fate will be far worse than mine, left to starve and die here, alone and forgotten ! Hahahaha !"

29. - Top - End - #89

Razade

Razade coughs, covering his mouth

"If that means we have failed the trial. Then we deserve to end here, for we were not qualified for the path ahead of us. But one thing will always be true. We came here ready to die. We'd not have come otherwise."
    My Current Works

30. - Top - End - #90
    Orc in the Playground

"Hahaha... You talk bold, but you're just a child. I don't know what nonsensical 'trial' you're talking about. What I do know is that this is an alternate dimension meant to imprision me forever. And it should be impossible to get out."